Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? (2322 Views)

Obasanjo Blames South African Government For Xenophobic Attacks / I Lost 6 International Jobs For Fighting Jonathan Government- Oby Ezekwesili / Nigerians Yet Unborn Would Remember Jonathan For His Invaluable Services – Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 9:11pm On May 28, 2015
ohzee:

I have a post on the negatives but I will oblige you. The negatives are easy to spot because they have been overhyped by the media
1. Boko Haram scourge that he underestimated until thousands lost their lives
2. Slow response to the Chibok girls kidnap due to misinformation by the moles in his office. The future will reveal the truth one day. It always does.
3. Poor management of the immigration scandal
4. Inability to consolidate his efforts in the power sector despite privatization. Nigerians still in darkness
5. Widespread impunity and corruption in govt which he got used to because it's nigeria and PDP style of doing things.
6. Lack of charisma during public media outings made his people lose interest in him. Amanpour on my mind
7. Incessant strikes especially health workers strikes
8. Prolonged ASUU and ASUP strikes. We had them in the past govts but we didn't have social media then
9. Treating allegations of missing money such as the alleged $20billion with levity
10. Giving his wife too much power
The rest are all over the place.

You must have been around for a long time. I appreciate your long memory.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by drkay(m): 9:14pm On May 28, 2015
Kworroption, terrorism, madam pej historical and hilarious quotes.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by ohzee(f): 9:16pm On May 28, 2015
jadel7:

You must have been around for a long time. I appreciate your long memory.

I no be small pikin dear. During Buhari's regime I was in secondary school. There are a lot of immature people on nairaland so I don't like commenting all the time. Nigerians get carried away by what they see and hear in the media. Young people don't know the meaning of propaganda

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 9:18pm On May 28, 2015
drkay:
Kworroption, terrorism, madam pej historical and hilarious quotes.

please help us by being specific. Tnx
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 9:23pm On May 28, 2015
ohzee:

I no be small pikin dear. During Buhari's regime I was in secondary school. There are a lot of immature people on nairaland so I don't like commenting all the time. Nigerians get carried away by what they see and hear in the media. Young people don't know the meaning of propaganda

You are right bro. This kind of topic will help to separate facts from propaganda. Don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by ohzee(f): 9:27pm On May 28, 2015
jadel7:

You are right bro. This kind of topic will help to separate facts from propaganda. Don't you think so?

Haha. It will but people believe what they choose even when the truth stares them in the face. Meanwhile I am female just for the records
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by DankemzI(m): 9:52pm On May 28, 2015
jadel7:

can you give us your own observations? Tnx

What more can i say? Before him it was northern soldiers dominating NAF, NA, NN. But thanks to GeJ he crushedd that shit!

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 9:58pm On May 28, 2015
ohzee:

Haha. It will but people believe what they choose even when the truth stares them in the face. Meanwhile I am female just for the records

understood.
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 10:01pm On May 28, 2015
DankemzI:

What more can i say? Before him it was northern soldiers dominating NAF, NA, NN. But thanks to GeJ he crushedd that shit!

for sure he tried on that by making the whole thing open to every citizen of the country.
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by ba7man(m): 5:30am On May 29, 2015
jadel7:

Yes, it was a huge blunder. But pls give us a positive side too. Tnx
The improved power supply under Barth Nnaji (Even though GEJ had to ruin it himself) and the improvement on the Ore axis of Benin-Shagamu expressway (Though that's no excuse to bankrupt the nation).

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by Sibrah: 5:38am On May 29, 2015
The man whose antics help new generation Nigerians understand how divided we are as a nation.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:36am On May 29, 2015
ba7man:
The improved power supply under Barth Nnaji (Even though GEJ had to ruin it himself) and the improvement on the Ore axis of Benin-Shagamu expressway (Though that's no excuse to bankrupt the nation).

Yes, he had to sack Barth Nnaji just to please the cabals in the power sector. When it comes to road maintenance and construction, no one will deny that he performed well but the cost at which he undertook these road projects are something else.
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:39am On May 29, 2015
Sibrah:
The man whose antics help new generation Nigerians understand how divided we are as a nation.

We have always been divided along ethnic or religious line. Don't you think so?
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by socialmediaman: 6:41am On May 29, 2015
arabbunkum:
I will remember him for making sure that Yorubas, Igbos, and Niger Deltans are allowed to enter and rise in the Nigerian army unlike before him when it was an exclusive preserve of Northerners.

It was OBJ who made that happen
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:57am On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

It was OBJ who made that happen
Don't be unfair to Jonathan. He was the one that did it.
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by socialmediaman: 7:13am On May 29, 2015
jadel7:

Don't be unfair to Jonathan. He was the one that did it.

I know what I'm talking about. OBJ reformed the army, he sacked political army officers and introduced Federal Character into army recruitment that saw many regions being recruited into the military. When Jona came in, he further extended the privilege to increase the quota of SS/SE. You might think it's GEJ's making because the army witnessed more recruitments during his time, but it was OBJ who did it. I can't give credit to Jona exclusively without recognizing that it was OBJ who made it possible for Federal character to start in the military
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 7:33am On May 29, 2015
socialmediaman:

I know what I'm talking about. OBJ reformed the army, he sacked political army officers and introduced Federal Character into army recruitment that saw many regions being recruited into the military. When Jona came in, he further extended the privilege to increase the quota of SS/SE. You might think it's GEJ's making because the army witnessed more recruitments during his time, but it was OBJ who did it. I can't give credit to Jona exclusively without recognizing that it was OBJ who made it possible for Federal character to start in the military

Are you saying that OBJ started it while GEJ improved on it?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Should Learn From South-west Politics — Sen. Eriobuna / Photo: Female Suicide Bomber Killed By Soldiers At Nigeria Army Base / They Said Nnamdi Kanu Will Never Come Out Of DSS Cell This Xmas (shame!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.