Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? (2241 Views)

Obasanjo Blames South African Government For Xenophobic Attacks / I Lost 6 International Jobs For Fighting Jonathan Government- Oby Ezekwesili / Nigerians Yet Unborn Would Remember Jonathan For His Invaluable Services – Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 5:54pm On May 28, 2015
As Jonathan's government winds up on May 29, I want Nairalanders to recount what and what they will remember him for.
Myself will always remember the shambolic Immigration recruitment exercise that nearly killed my dear brother.
I will also admit here that I learnt about the word 'Cabals' through Jonathan.
Over to the house...

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 28, 2015
Subsideen cheesy Orubebe grin

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by SHARIAREPORTERS: 5:56pm On May 28, 2015
Power sector I can boast of lite everyday and minute

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by arabbunkum: 6:04pm On May 28, 2015
I will remember him for making sure that Yorubas, Igbos, and Niger Deltans are allowed to enter and rise in the Nigerian army unlike before him when it was an exclusive preserve of Northerners.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:13pm On May 28, 2015
adeekiti:
Subsideen cheesy Orubebe grin

lol...but is there no positive thing you remember him for?
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:18pm On May 28, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Power sector
I can boast of lite everyday and minute

Are you serious? Because though he privatised the power sector, we are yet to see the impact!
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:21pm On May 28, 2015
arabbunkum:
I will remember him for making sure that Yorubas, Igbos, and Niger Deltans are allowed to enter and rise in the Nigerian army unlike before him when it was an exclusive preserve of Northerners.

gbaaaam! But are there no negative ones you can recall?
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 28, 2015
jadel7:

lol...but is there no positive thing you remember him for?
stealing is not corruption , is that a good one to remember ? grin

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:27pm On May 28, 2015
adeekiti:
stealing is not corruption , is that a good one to remember ? grin

loool....That's a very good one but you are yet to name a positive thing.
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 28, 2015
jadel7:

loool....That's a very good one but you are yet to name a positive thing.
i think that's a good one cos it saved a lot of azz who stole money under the boss grin
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by demelza: 6:32pm On May 28, 2015
I will remember him for giving us the worst fuel crisis ever.
Bye Felicia!

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by arabbunkum: 6:39pm On May 28, 2015
jadel7:

gbaaaam! But are there no negative ones you can recall?

He left Abba Moro unpunished after collecting money from job seekers and conducting a failed recruitment into Immigration

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by DankemzI(m): 6:42pm On May 28, 2015
arabbunkum:

So true

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:50pm On May 28, 2015
arabbunkum:

He left Abba Moro unpunished after collecting money from job seekers and conducting a failed recruitment into Immigration

yes, that's a good one!

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:52pm On May 28, 2015
DankemzI:

So true
can you give us your own observations? Tnx
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 6:58pm On May 28, 2015
demelza:
I will remember him for giving us the worst fuel crisis ever.
Bye Felicia!

good but pls help us with another positive point, tnx
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by satelliteDISH(m): 7:00pm On May 28, 2015
Cluelessness, stealing is not corruption, i have no shoes. fresh air...

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by demelza: 7:03pm On May 28, 2015
jadel7:

good but pls help us with another positive point, tnx
Positive?
Ask the next poster
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by ba7man(m): 7:07pm On May 28, 2015
Dancing in public just a day after over a hundred Nigerians died in a bomb blast.

He deserves a hot slap for that move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by ohzee(f): 7:08pm On May 28, 2015
1. For making youths remember agriculture again
2. For making me start eating local rice in my house again
3. For attempting to revive trains again though not perfect
4. For making youth to think of becoming entrepreneurs
5. For encouraging people to express themselves without watching their backs for fear of being arrested or receiving a letter bomb. Dele Giwa on my mind.
6. For refusing to encourage the gay culture in our country. When your kids grow up you will thank him for this.
7. For allowing women to have more impact in governance. Some did well, others didn't
8. For making Nigerians have confidence to come out and vote on Election Day. The last time this happened in Nigeria was in 1993 and the results never saw the light of day.
9. For standing up to the USA and sourcing arms from Russia and calling their bluff.
10. For sending our bright brains and lecturers out to get better qualifications to enrich our educational sector. You may not understand that part of the reason for our poor quality education is that we lack good teachers following decades of decay in the sector by previous regimes. You can't teach what you don't know
11. For peacefully handing over power without thinking twice. If you think he didn't have a choice you must be joking.
12. For saving us from queuing for petrol for 6 years even when he knew it was not economically viable to continue to subsidize petrol. Allowing private sector to import fuel to stabilize supply at the risk of forming a cartel which they eventually did and humiliated him with it at the end.

I know my post is long and many will not read it. It's because of the decades of rot in Nigerian education

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by ohzee(f): 7:12pm On May 28, 2015
Now to the negatives

1. Slow response and underestimation of serious national issues such as Boko Haram
2. Listening to sycophants and not looking for hard facts and evidence

That led to all his failures which I will not bore you with

1 Like

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by coldcandy: 7:40pm On May 28, 2015
i will remember his administration for the statement: " the president condemned ......"
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by dokyOloye: 8:19pm On May 28, 2015
For pursuing an aggressive road construction policy that saw d number of motorable roads in Nigeria quadruple.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 8:29pm On May 28, 2015
satelliteDISH:
Cluelessness, stealing is not corruption, i have no shoes. fresh air...

Any positive side?
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 8:31pm On May 28, 2015
dokyOloye:
For pursuing an aggressive road construction policy that saw d number of motorable roads in Nigeria quadruple.

so true but what other negative side can you give us?
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 8:34pm On May 28, 2015
ba7man:
Dancing in public just a day after over a hundred Nigerians died in a bomb blast.

He deserves a hot slap for that move.

Yes, it was a huge blunder. But pls give us a positive side too. Tnx
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 28, 2015
He will be sorely missed esp. With his team of kleptomaniacs.
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 8:47pm On May 28, 2015
ohzee:
1. For making youths remember agriculture again
2. For making me start eating local rice in my house again
3. For attempting to revive trains again though not perfect
4. For making youth to think of becoming entrepreneurs
5. For encouraging people to express themselves without watching their backs for fear of being arrested or receiving a letter bomb. Dele Giwa on my mind.
6. For refusing to encourage the gay culture in our country. When your kids grow up you will thank him for this.
7. For allowing women to have more impact in governance. Some did well, others didn't
8. For making Nigerians have confidence to come out and vote on Election Day. The last time this happened in Nigeria was in 1993 and the results never saw the light of day.
9. For standing up to the USA and sourcing arms from Russia and calling their bluff.
10. For sending our bright brains and lecturers out to get better qualifications to enrich our educational sector. You may not understand that part of the reason for our poor quality education is that we lack good teachers following decades of decay in the sector by previous regimes. You can't teach what you don't know
11. For peacefully handing over power without thinking twice. If you think he didn't have a choice you must be joking.
12. For saving us from queuing for petrol for 6 years even when he knew it was not economically viable to continue to subsidize petrol. Allowing private sector to import fuel to stabilize supply at the risk of forming a cartel which they eventually did and humiliated him with it at the end.

I know my post is long and many will not read it. It's because of the decades of rot in Nigerian education

Wow! That's wonderful. Could you please recall some negative aspects that comes to your mind? Tnx
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by jadel7(f): 8:50pm On May 28, 2015
hatbricker:
He will be sorely missed esp. With his team of kleptomaniacs.

Be specific please. Where and where did he fail you and where did he get it right?
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 28, 2015
jadel7:

Be specific please. Where and where did he fail you and where did he get it right?
he failed woefully in every sector undecided
Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by ohzee(f): 8:59pm On May 28, 2015
jadel7:

Wow! That's wonderful. Could you please recall some negative aspects that comes to your mind? Tnx

I have a post on the negatives but I will oblige you. The negatives are easy to spot because they have been overhyped by the media
1. Boko Haram scourge that he underestimated until thousands lost their lives
2. Slow response to the Chibok girls kidnap due to misinformation by the moles in his office. The future will reveal the truth one day. It always does.
3. Poor management of the immigration scandal
4. Inability to consolidate his efforts in the power sector despite privatization. Nigerians still in darkness
5. Widespread impunity and corruption in govt which he got used to because it's nigeria and PDP style of doing things.
6. Lack of charisma during public media outings made his people lose interest in him. Amanpour on my mind
7. Incessant strikes especially health workers strikes
8. Prolonged ASUU and ASUP strikes. We had them in the past govts but we didn't have social media then
9. Treating allegations of missing money such as the alleged $20billion with levity
10. Giving his wife too much power
The rest are all over the place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Remember Jonathan's Government For? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 28, 2015
the boko haram bobms that cost 15,000 lives
the fuel subsidy scam running into trillions of naira
stealing is not kwarruption grin
the chibok girls saga
uncouth mama piss loose cannon
The so called power sector reforms that have brought upon us more darkness than light
Should i go on?
he wont be missed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Saw "Oga At The Top" On NTA Network News Yesterday? / If Jonathan Were In Power Now, What Have Happened / Observation On Aisha Buhari Trips To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.