Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram (29032 Views)

Bassey Akpan Seeks Amnesty For Looters Of Government Coffers / Patience Jonathan Seeks Support For Buhari’s Wife / Boko Haram Calls For Election Boycott, Jonathan Seeks US Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Chibex50(f): 8:24am On May 30, 2015
Amnesty dis, amnesty dat.... Boko Haram are heartless they dnt deserve dat.... How can u grant amnesty to heartless ppl dat have sold their soul to the devil.. Are we to beg them to surrender??
Please suffereth not the witches to live.... They deserve to die in the red sea like the Egyptians..

3 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by blesoh(f): 8:25am On May 30, 2015
What is boko haram fighting for,cos i still dont get nd y they shld be granted amnesty.

2 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Kurpu60: 8:26am On May 30, 2015
resty4:
We affirm again and again BH is north brain child.
resty4:
resty4:
IT'S A LIE FROM PIT OF HELL. BOKO HARAM IS PDP AND PDP IS BOKO HARAM-LATE COAS GEN. AZIZA

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Stylaay(m): 8:26am On May 30, 2015
Countries do not negotiate with terrorists not to talk of granting amnesty to them. I hope this governor knows the implication of what he is clamouring for? The social media is still very much alive. Lets speak the truth when we see it. We can't afford to be sentimental boko haram has just aligned with ISIS is this man okay. Abeg i am expecting change that will bring about sanity. People should thread carefully the president is for everyone and not for the north.

2 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by bobchigar(m): 8:27am On May 30, 2015
jossyj:

Pls of what religion is boko haram ?
So if some female students were prostitute, is it reasonable to say all the female students are prostitute even when some of the female students are condemning prostitution. Ponder about this.

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:27am On May 30, 2015
dckelvin:
fool statement and cheap talk is not action. wake up!!
Why the insult?
Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Enahi(f): 8:27am On May 30, 2015
Seriously I have always had this feeling that Shettima has an alliance with Book Haram. The Shettima guy and Booko guys should be given the Osama Bin Ladin treatment. The world is watching as the drama about Book Haram unfolds.

3 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Awoofawo(m): 8:28am On May 30, 2015
Amne ki ni? Ko ni da fun ogbeni yen o!

PMB should be very careful less he fall when he less expect.....

He shall held accountable for every one of his actions, we nigerian are more informed now than ever.....

Seems 9ja may pack up afterall....( we still in the year of 2015 => USA predict )

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by LydayBobo(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2015
jaybee3:

Amnesty doesn't have to extend to monthly stipend duhhhhhhh
Though the idea is morally wrong but nothing should be dismissed when finding a lasting solution to the menace
Supported. We need to have a lasting impact too. Invite them to a round table. Give them brown envelopes laden with deadly chemicals to finish them off. How did that guy became a governor

2 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2015
Militants?
BOKO HARAM ARE TERRORISTS !
You have to know exactly what they want before you talk about amnesty. I remember them refusing the amnesty proposed by Jonathan but rather said they are the ones to give amnesty to Nigeria. I think this man wants to kill 2 birds with one stone : 1. stop boko haraming and 2. make money out of the deal .
Anyway, with the relocation of the military command center from Abuja to Maiduguri, the battle line is drawn - no quarter asked, none given .

2 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by ndcide(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2015
I good idea. Buhari should do this before the end of June.
Bokoharam really need to be compensated. A labourer deserve his wages.

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by leanalyst: 8:30am On May 30, 2015
Now more than ever, I feel this Governor of born state should be charged and asked very serious questions. As a matter of fact who voted him back for anoda 4 years? How does Former President Jonathan suffer for this Governor's failings and this Governor goes scot free even gets a second term?

4 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by okpeketee: 8:31am On May 30, 2015
That man is a suspect.

2 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by nortcentrallord(m): 8:32am On May 30, 2015
jaybee3:

Don't you think there might be a slight advantage in having someone they can relate to negotiate with them if Sharia is the single most important thing to them?

We just have to be open minded

Negotiate what? Sharia should be struck out our constitution. That is where our religious problem starts from. Is either the constitution is circular or it is not. Constitutionally, Shekau can defend himself because the area where there is bh are areas where sharia law is permitted and all they are trying to do is enforce sharia law so until remove religion in totality from our constitution, we can not have a circular constitution. The worst religion to be in any constitution is islam. It is not working for those in the middle east and yet we ingrained it in the Nigerian constitution. We are not an islamic caliphate, we are Nigerians. The constitution of Nigeria should be the number one law in nigeria but it has to be circular.

4 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Kayendy(m): 8:33am On May 30, 2015
Try d amnesty and I don't see naija going above 2015.... en go good ooo.. meanwhile it is Biafra day 2day..

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by lastpage: 8:34am On May 30, 2015
winnieG1:

I disagree totally with your opinion. Can' t u see the handwriting on the wall? This same governor Shettima failed to confirm to the presidency that there was truly abduction of Chibok girls for more than one week after the incidence, yet he was the governor and chief security officer of the state. he obviously did that so that they will cover up all effort to locate the girls. This same man is calling for amnesty for BH. I was not a fan of GEJ but nobody should hold GEJ responsible for BH on-slaughter since this is what the governor want. where were him when GEJ wanted to offer amnesty to BH. It's obvious there is an agenda they want to use BH to achieve up north, more reason they made this man the Chairman of the Northern Governors forum. Buhari should be very careful with these people, Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb and if not properly handled will explode anytime. They think the Southerner's will just fold their arms if Buhari start playing to their script.

First, Jonathan was just too weak and too inept to be of any good to anybody, including his Niger Delta!.
World leaders, even ordinary King of Morocco dont want ANYTHING to do with him, due to his level of imbecility!

So, to even be thinking anyone will sign-on into anything he is doing, is foolhardy.

Secondly, all these frothing in the mouth about what "Southerners" will do or not do is just what it is: NOISE!
If you guys want to "Test the WILL" of Buhari, just start misbehaving! undecided wink

Buhari as l see him now, is like a "Reformed Version" of a "suicide Bomber and dead-man Walking" COMBINED!

He does not give aphuck, he does not care, he does not want wealth, does not need any Praise or Titles from anyone and is ready to DIE, doing what he thinks is good for this country.
ALL HE WANTS IS A NAME FOR HIMSELF AND A GOOD LEGACY

I think he is dangerous man who is committed to turning Nigeria around, much like Jerry Rawlings of Ghana .......... and he will crush ANYONE who stands in his way.
Dont forget, He is the CURRENT Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces ... and this one is a "real General"!

My advice is that EVERYONE should take a chill, behave themselves and realize that it is no longer business as usual.
Expect a lot of surprises, even on those who enabled him to get there. wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by kinguwem: 8:34am On May 30, 2015
It's clear who the trustees of Boko Haram are. In the name of God they should release the Chibok girls. It was all a political scam. For this wicked & barbaric act, it shall never be well with them. They shall be in power but poverty & sufferings shall still be their portion.

3 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by francizy(m): 8:36am On May 30, 2015
LydayBobo:
Supported. We need to have a lasting impact too. Invite them to a round table. Give them brown envelopes laden with deadly chemicals to finish them off. How did that guy became a governor

Hehehehehe, I love the bolded part but what if only Shekau attends?

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by winnieG1(m): 8:36am On May 30, 2015
leanalyst:
Now more than ever, I feel this Governor of born state should be charged and asked very serious questions. As a matter of fact who voted him back for anoda 4 years? How does Former President Jonathan suffer for this Governor's failings and this Governor goes scot free even gets a second term?

if President Buhari is serious about fighting corruption, he should invite this man for serious questioning. There is more to Boko haram which this Shettima is at the hem of their affairs.

4 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by yurme(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2015
Judolisco:
Amnesty are for pple fighting for their rights......let d governor tell us wat boko haram r fighting for....
virginz

2 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by just2endowed: 8:37am On May 30, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
Buhari is clueless imagine taken Nigeria military to madugri. ..

just give them amnesty because we have seen your clueless sad

And the story of a clueless president begins.

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:45am On May 30, 2015
Your 'father'....
Hope say na your state allocation you go use for that your so called 3R's...
Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Jerrosky1986(m): 8:47am On May 30, 2015
Oya see shoki.i pity d yorubas dat sold their rights to dis clueless abokis. Dem just dey start watch out for d next three months.thnk God for my hero GEJ he is at home resting.one nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Samirana360(m): 8:48am On May 30, 2015
D gov's name is kashim, d deputy zanna, d chief judge kashim zanna...shee na family business ni?

2 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by bobchigar(m): 8:48am On May 30, 2015
It is pathetic that because many of us are living in peaceful part of this country we don't appreciate that peace. Those that are facing this will want everything possible to bring peace. This amnesty discussion was also tried by Jonathan administration but not succeeded. Although am not in support of granting them amnesty but tackling terrorism issues it is a gradual process with different strategies.

1 Like

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Etetejake(m): 8:49am On May 30, 2015
Y give amnesty to people who said they are fighting a religion instead of a government? it would av been better if the were fighting the later. If u give his people amnesty then u ar one of them. secondly, all those in prison should also b given amnesty, whatever. Pls My Dear President, don't make me regret my choice. This people deserves nothing than death. bkx death they brought upon others and death shall be theirs.
Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by anigold(m): 8:49am On May 30, 2015
lastpage:

The same "self denial" that ruined Jonathan's Govt, is exactly what the title of this piece, represents!

How did he "ATTACK JONATHAN"?
So, the man, as a RE-ELECTED Governor of his state, cannot voice his opinion again?

Everything he said up there are 101% CORRECT.

*The day the Chibok girls were abducted, did Jonathan not ignore it and went about dancing Shoki at a campaign rally?
*Did Jonathan not deny that the girls were abducted, up till a few months back?
*Did Jonathan not lie to Nigerians, a day to the presidential election, that the girls have been recovered (The slowpoke even painted a Jet that he said would bring them down to Abuja!
shocked shocked )

Jonathan is a colossal FAILURE and would forever remain one in the eyes of sensible people .... except his clueless clan, TANoids and flattys!
We all know this but since Jonathan's people are not done with him until they push him right inside the Dustbin/Gutter of history (if he is not there sef), they would keep telling him he is the best thing after Meat Pie!

In just a matter of minutes, we have seen how a "true President" deals with issues of national Security, compared to how that Otuoke clown wearing military uniform was genuflecting all about (America will know!! grin grin )
Just imagine, within minutes of being sworn-in, he has taken charge and directed the Army to locate their CentCom to where the war is, not sit in Abuja eating pepper-soup while their rank-and-file Troops are being mowed down in Borno/maiduguri.

That is my "General"! A real General!!

May God never allow the likes of Jonathan to smell anything or anywhere near our presidential Seat.
Good riddance to bad rubbish..... now we can breath "Real Fresh Air"

Lastpage!

BTW: If any of the Boko Boys that have not committed murder, is ready to confess, give useful information to the military and be ready to be rehabilitated (education & trade/work), there is no reason for Buhari not to take that option after-all, some of the Ijaw Militants like Asari Dokubo, Tompolo and hundreds of others have murdered innocent Nigerians and some of our troops in the past...... and were later granted amnesty? Why not these ones?

Source the Geese, source the Gander.

On the other hand, Buhari, unlike that clueless clown from otuoke, is "mentally and strategically capable" of finishing-off Boko Haram or any insurgency from any other part of the country.

Let us wait for the next hundred days and see the strides that Buhari would have taken.
He has done it before, he can do it again...... and l dont want to hear any one "whining or complaining" because it will be harsh. tongue

Bros abi old man what are u saying.
Mtcheew....

4 Likes

Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by zionic(m): 8:51am On May 30, 2015
...they have succeeded in making the past government ungovernable..Nigerians suffered all through...Also, calling for amnesty on BH will certainly make this APC government ungovernable same goes for ending the ongoing amnesty already been given to south south ex-militants this December...Are Nigerians born to suffer?....in late Lucky dubes voice...
Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by lawbabs: 8:51am On May 30, 2015
I think all the comments I have read so far are selfish and wicked. I am from the South but we shouldn't build this country on hatred. All I see here is hatred for the North. We cannot continue like this. It shows that we didn't read the full story. And the ops deliberately singled out the one statement out of the salients issues the governor raised. I read it to the end and I am sure he spoke well. His suggestion about given amnesty to those who are willing to de-radicalize will ensure that we don't continue to fight endless war with jobless and radicalized youths, who don't have anything to loose. Is this a crime for the governor to say? It is good to be critical but let no hatred fill your criticism.
Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:53am On May 30, 2015
adonismuller:
sit down ontop tecno with 10mb dey rant.

What are you even saying?

Yet another nematod
Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by BlackBaron: 8:53am On May 30, 2015
His wages should be used to pay for amnesty and rehabilitation of boko haram member!

What an ingrate! The only thing left for them is annihilation. Those that don't want to be destroyed can do plea bargains but with the attendant heavy sentences for being fucktards anyway.
Re: Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram by Etetejake(m): 8:55am On May 30, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Give them medals with the amnesty please because they deserve it with the Chibok girls still missing

I love u baby bkx u just remind me of my late dad. this is just his exact responds to stupid people like this new clueless governor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Campaigns In Trade Fair Complex, Lagos / Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Shehu Sani's Fulani Attire As He Meets With Herdsmen In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.