Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) (43079 Views)

Tinubu Celebrates His 65th Birthday With His Wife, Others At His Ikoyi Residence / Oby Ezekwesili And Toni Payne Fight Dirty On Twitter... Read Why / Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by lalasticlala(m): 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2015
The new Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode has dumped the posh State House, Marina where the former Governor, Babatunde Fashola lived for eight years, preferring to stay at the State House, Ikeja, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

The State House, Ikeja was built by former Governor Bola Tinubu and is meant to be both official and residential, but Fashola had preferred to live at the Marina State House rather than Ikeja.

At a meeting with Permanent Secretaries at the weekend, Ambode said he would be living at the State House, Ikeja to be puntual by resuming work at 8:00am.

According to him, his decision to live at the State House, Ikeja meant that he would be at his desk at 8am daily, urging public servants to ensure they resumed early for work.

Ambode warned that resumption to office by all civil servants at 8:00am is a must as it was not going to be business as usual.
“I am advising the public servants to align with my administration. I expect all public servants to also be at their desks by 8:00am so that if I have cause to get in touch with anyone, they would be readily available,” he said.

Ambode said his administration would embark on continuous reforms in the public service and to demonstrate that the government belonged to the citizens, saying that “you have put us here as servants to serve you and not you serving us. Today we are committed to that creed.
“Moving forward, the Civil Service will be strengthened and made to respond to the needs of all citizens in the same manner quality services are rendered in the private sector.

“My administration is prepared to take the decisions needed to promote merit and professionalism. To restructure where required, eliminate poor Human Resource practices and accelerate the pace of reforms in the spirit of good governance,” he said.

Ambode formally resumed for work on Monday morning at about 8:00am at the State House, Ikeja after he was sworn in on Friday at the Tafawa Balewa Square, TBS, Lagos.

Also at his inaugural dinner at the weekend, Ambode said his administration would ensure a Lagos where the average resident lives, works, enjoys and have so much prosperity coming with it, adding that he would harmonise tourism, entertainment, arts and sports for excellence.
“When we say you should live in Lagos, work in Lagos and enjoy with Lagos, we mean that we are going to put tourism, entertainment, arts and sports together for excellence, and that is what I have always been preaching and that is what we are going to work for in the next four years.
“I just want to enjoin all of us that with the collaboration we have had, we want each and every one of us to come together to start to propel the ideas that can give us an ideal Lagos,” he said.

He said that was what the All Progressives Congress (APC) stood for and what that change is all about and “that is what the party has decided at the national and state levels that it is going to give to Nigerians.

The Governor also thanked all those who graced his swearing in, including members of the diplomatic and the business community.
Former Governor Fashola, later proposed a toast to Governor Ambode, his wife, Mrs. Bolanle Ambode; the Deputy Governor, Dr Oluranti Adebule and the new administration.

The event also featured an inauguration ball with the Governor taking to the dance floor with his wife, Bolanle while Dammy Krane provided delightful tunes for the couple.

The event attracted dignitaries such as the Deputy Governor and her husband, Mr Saheed Adebule; the immediate past Deputy Governor, Mrs Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, First Lady of Osun State, Mrs Sherifat Aregbesola; former First Lady and Senator representing Lagos Central, Senator Oluremi Tinubu and several other guests.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/01/ambode-rejects-posh-marina-residence/

Pix: •FIRST DAY AT WORK: Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode this morning in his office

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by DropShot: 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
He has a good reason but he shouldn't have said "it will not be business as usual". That statement is an indication that under his predecessor, civil servants were always late to office which I don't want to think it's correct.

108 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2015
I hope he's not just kidding.

Thank God he's not JK

BAD THINGS LIKELY TO START HAPPENING TO NIGERIAN ENTERTAINERS

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by garrix8: 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
God bless TINUBU, APC and Fashola for giving Lagosians A+.

God punish PDP, Jonadunce and Thief Bode George for trying to impose JK, the serial liar and tax évader on Lagosians.

God punish any saTANic PDP who quotes me to say thrash.

Hate Ambode and perish in the Lagoon within 7 days.

cool

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
Ambode, Great choice for Lagos

Eko o ni baje oo

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Rilwayne001: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Obviously, this man is ready to work, and he isnt a dumbo like GEJ. JK on the other hand was actually kidding vying for lagos governorship post.

Carry go Ambo. cool

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by nerodenero: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Eko oni baje.

Reject posh home or not, the primarily responsibility is for the masses to enjoy good governance at all levels. There is need to compete with Fashola's achievements and surpass it. If Fashola could do it, you can achieve even more.

Once again, eko oni baje o.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by eagleeye2: 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2015
DropShot:
He has a good reason but he shouldn't have said "it will not be business as usual". That statement is an indication that under his predecessor, civil servants were always late to office which I don't want to think it's correct.
What if his phrase "it will not be business as usual" is correct?
You should not defend Fashola blindly.

17 Likes

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by dridowu: 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2015
My gomina can live wherever he likes, the most important thing is that he deliver the divided of democracy at large to all lagosian and is resident.
Eko Oni Baje Oooooooo
#itesiwajuiluekoniojewalogun

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by holicalpha(m): 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2015
Na your time Jare, enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by iluvweed(m): 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
WASH/INITIAL GRA GRA......... undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by HonourablePomk: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
This guy knows Punctuality also brings success. He is going to be successful.

By the way I know he hates Lagos traffic

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
Makes sense
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by adonismuller(m): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
All these newly elected thieves will be forming seriousness with their mumu propaganda..

By saying no "business as usual" does he mean there was business in Fashola's tenure,so civil servants go late then?

Btw,why should one state have two state houses? I thought Ikeja is the capital of lagos...why Marima state house?

Using our oil money to build themselves two state houses while we suffer from environmental pollution.
Soon nemesis will catch up with these parasites!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓞⓝ ⓗⓘⓜ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by iyatrustee(f): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
So the Marina residence would be left unoccupied?

I just hope he would not spend billions of taxpayers money to renovate the Ikeja residence since it has not been used since 2007.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Aringarosa(m): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
He has a very good reason, looks to me that the guy might be good if not better than his predecessor.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by wendixx(f): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
Nice development. I hope he keeps up the tempo.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by juniormusa(m): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
Ambode the man of his word cool

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Popemax(m): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
Good choice
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by juniormusa(m): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
iyatrustee:
So the Marina residence would be left unoccupied?
You can occupy it grin

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by aku626(m): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
Gimmicks, who would question you if you come late? Publicite'

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
Ape
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
Rilwayne001:
[b] Obviously, this man is ready to work, and he isnt a dumbo like GEJ.
pls, dnt say this too loud...the PDP cockroaches might swarm this place in a split of a second.

though, u are right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Pamcrest(f): 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
grin Ambode pls wake up your people. I need my c of o ASAP
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
He is not staying there because after all the billions Fashola had sunk there, Tinubu now want to acquire it. Ambode will stay away and let the public forget about it before passing it on to Tinubu with the payment for it made from state coffers.

Ndi ori.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by kenny987(f): 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2015
Dear Nigerians, let's take a chill pill and live in the present. Unless there's any direct relationship or connection b/w d past govt and the present, asking God to punish d past leaders and so on is a mere exercise in futility. Any reference to them should be for constructive comparison/criticism. It's time to ensure that d current crop walk the talk.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by zudozz: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
see how e dress. all this our eastern governors okorocha n co ll b dressing as if they re abt to go 4 xmas masquerade festival.
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by simplemyk: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2015
Good start

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Protest Against High Cost Of Living Spreads To Lagos / Abubakar Shekau Is Now Crippled - Ex-Boko Haram Intelligence Chief / Billions Pour Into Nigeria As Tinubu’s Reforms Start To Pay Off - Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.