Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) (43099 Views)

Tinubu Celebrates His 65th Birthday With His Wife, Others At His Ikoyi Residence / Oby Ezekwesili And Toni Payne Fight Dirty On Twitter... Read Why / Lagos Government Shuts Marina Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by poseidon12: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2015
I wish him success. He has all the material and human resources to turn things around in Lagos. With the amount of revenue potentially available to Lagos, there should be no pot holed roads anywhere in Lagos; the state should be able to generate enough power, some of which can even be sold to neighbouring states (they should enable a true federal system to allow this). With adequate power, businesses will thrive which will translate to more revenue for the state.
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by ikorodureporta: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2015
So, Marina too far to Ikj? Frm there wey u go oppose traffic till u get to ojota...wey eim for sey make dem sanctify marina for am grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by M4gunners: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2015
Just passing
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Kx: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2015
iyatrustee:
So the Marina residence would be left unoccupied?

Luke 19:13:
Occupy till I come
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by WINDSOW(m): 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2015
kenny987:
Dear Nigerians, let's take a chill pill and live in the present. Unless there's any direct relationship or connection b/w d past govt and the present, asking God to punish d past leaders and so on is a mere exercise in futility. Any reference to them should be for constructive comparison/criticism. It's time to ensure that d current crop walk the talk.
Verily,verily I say.I have never seen a morally descent lady as u save my sisters n fiancee. U are educated. 9ce write-up.Pls miss keep it up cos am ur numero uno fan henceforth.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by kinibigdeal(m): 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
God save amode, tinubu and fashola that JK didn't win, because their ass will have been exposed. 418 billion naira debt? That's serious, ambode was simply selected to safeguard and continue tinubu impunity in lagos. Puppets
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2015
DropShot:
He has a good reason but he shouldn't have said "it will not be business as usual". That statement is an indication that under his predecessor, civil servants were always late to office which I don't want to think it's correct.

Very nice observation! We were just discussing the same thing right here in my office! Very nice point.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by komek(m): 4:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
A ploy to sell the Marina posh house to their God father. Ahmed Tinubu. The same way Fashola deceived Lagosians and sold Lagos guest to Tinubu.
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by juniormusa(m): 4:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
iyatrustee:

Bros na serious matter, Fashola had renovated that residence shortly before he left office thinking Ambode would live their.

As for living there, i no mind oh! You can help a sister

wink

It's his choice maybe he doesn't want to be caught up in traffic jam
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Jay2014: 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
OK, time will tell.
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Helkayklassic(m): 4:53pm On Jun 01, 2015
adonismuller:
All these newly elected thieves will be forming seriousness with their mumu propaganda..

By saying no "business as usual" does he mean there was business in Fashola's tenure,so civil servants go late then?

Btw,why should one state have two state houses? I thought Ikeja is the capital of lagos...why Marima state house?

Using our oil money to build themselves two state houses while we suffer from environmental pollution.
Soon nemesis will catch up with these parasites!!!

KKK (ko kan aiye)
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by seangy4konji: 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2015
He looks Good also...

When a leader is clueless then the followers will be as dummb as my shoe lace...

Now tell me what you will be doing at home at 8.30 Am when Oga boss is already in the office at 8 and then you come up with a flimsy excuse

You don ready to ride keke Napep be that.
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by kenny987(f): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2015
WINDSOW:
Verily,verily I say.I have never seen a morally descent lady as u save my sisters n fiancee. U are educated. 9ce write-up.Pls miss keep it up cos am ur numero uno fan henceforth.

Thank you!
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by hitleraldof(m): 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2015
garrix8:
God bless TINUBU, APC and Fashola for giving Lagosians A+.

God punish PDP, Jonadunce and Thief Bode George for trying to impose JK, the serial liar and tax évader on Lagosians.

God punish any saTANic PDP who quotes me to say thrash.

Hate Ambode and perish in the Lagoon within 7 days.

cool
ofcourse u ll be quoted. btw av u taken ur medications today?
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Teebob: 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
#progression
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by lekwas: 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2015
I disagree with this statement 'it will not be business as usual' as I have had cause to work with some members of the Lagos state civil service and they were punctual owing to their boss does not encourage lateness to meetings. I understand when they have meetings, the doors are shut immediately its time.

So if what Ambode is quoted to have said is anything to go by, then it should be from his experience having worked in the same civil service.
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Akiika: 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2015
How about you cut out residential apartments for them at their offices too!
He don start yeye talk be that, yes Civil servants should be punctual to work...but traffic decongestion should be the solution, by building more accessible road network and alternative means of transportation. Why didn't you live at Marina and show up at 8 am too. You can leave home at 4 am to beat the traffic too.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Rhyle(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
He needs to live at Marina, know and keep focused on the problems Lagosians go through every day before getting to their Offices. It will creat more empathy. How many of his Civil Servants can afford accomodation at Ikeja with their current salaries and resume 8am like he is doing.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by tizen: 6:51pm On Jun 01, 2015
What has happened wit d Lagos cable car? av not been able to find new since 2013. http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/5010-work-on-nigerias-first-urban-cable-car-network-in-lagos-to-begin-in-november-
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by MCORORO1(m): 7:14pm On Jun 01, 2015
[quote author=garrix8 post=34314688]God bless TINUBU, APC and Fashola for giving Lagosians A+.

God punish PDP, Jonadunce and Thief Bode George for trying to impose JK, the serial liar and tax évader on Lagosians.

God punish any saTANic PDP who quotes me to say thrash.

Hate Ambode and perish in the Lagoon within 7 days.

cool[/quote

Ur sounding irresponsible coz u don't nid 2 insult any1 2prove ur point #Growup]
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Tinyemeka(m): 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
See empty desk.

The guy'll just sign those 4 sheets of paper from 8:30am to 10am. Commence browsing of that newspaper by the side, till 12 noon. Head home to download one basin of amala ati ewedu, 1 carton of orijin and 1 carton of grilled turkey (you know meat is a major determinant of the equation) before calling it a day.

8am everyday indeed. Akuko for the umu mmuo.
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by ideology(m): 10:01pm On Jun 01, 2015
Cummon, ambo just tell us its one of lagos state properties you are handing over to fash…

Case closed grin
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by eyinjuege: 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2015
Akiika:
How about you cut out residential apartments for them at their offices too!
He don start yeye talk be that, yes Civil servants should be punctual to work...but traffic decongestion should be the solution, by building more accessible road network and alternative means of transportation. Why didn't you live at Marina and show up at 8 am too. You can leave home at 4 am to beat the traffic too.

Kai, you too make sense. Everybody tire for the traffic congestion in Lagos o. The headache that accompanies waking up too early, with that from the blaring horns in traffic cry cry. Its really frustrating. We want more road networks in Lagos o, better railway system and even safer sea transportation (but I no get liver enter that one yet).
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
he is a hard worker...
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Allansmith: 9:01am On Jun 02, 2015
nerodenero:
Eko oni baje.

Reject posh home or not, the primarily responsibility is for the masses to enjoy good governance at all levels. There is need to compete with Fashola's achievements and surpass it. If Fashola could do it, you can achieve even more.

Once again, eko oni baje o.

Well said
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by Iyoma2(f): 10:44am On Jun 02, 2015
Hmmm all of them belong to everybody during d campaigns but Now that they have gotten their mandates they belong to nobody. Even though Fash n Ambo are From One Godfather they don't Trust themselves. Buhari scared of Villa, Ambo scared of Marina house. Ambo u are right Life has No duplicate.After d next 4 or 8 years anything planted in Marina must have expired and harmless.
Re: Ambode Rejects Posh Marina Residence (read Why) by AdorableBelle(f): 12:12am On Aug 18, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/01/ambode-rejects-posh-marina-residence/

Pix: •FIRST DAY AT WORK: Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode this morning in his office
'The new Governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode has dumped the posh State House, Marina where the former Governor, Babatunde Fashola lived for eight years, preferring to stay at the State House, Ikeja, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

The State House, Ikeja was built by former Governor Bola Tinubu and is meant to be both official and residential, but Fashola had preferred to live at the Marina State House rather than Ikeja.'
---------------------------------------
He's simply afraid that Fashola could have left something behind at Marina. Something that could harm him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Obasanjo At Biafra 50 Years After Event In Abuja (Photos, Video) / President Buhari Receives His 1953 Classmates (Photo) / Fayose Pictured At Ado Chicken Republic Eating Meat (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.