Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo (36185 Views)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by shara123(m): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2015
Nebo should keep quiet and he has no excuses. Our power is a failure and no doubt about it.
Nigeria has spent over $20b in generating less than 4,000 MWs, while Chine spent $32b to generate 22, 500 MWs.
What is wrong with us in this country?
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by NobleG1(m): 11:39am On Jun 03, 2015
FabioPeter:
Solar is way too expensive relative to Gas, Nuclear and Hydro power generation.
It is not used in a large scale anywhere in the world.

You've no clue what you're talking about. Are you aware of the 354 Megawatts (MW) Solar Energy Generating Systems power installation in the USA or 280 MW Solana Generating Station also in the USA or 200 MW Solaben Solar Power Station in Spain or 392 MW Ivanpah Solar Power Facility (largest in the world) in California?

And many other Solar plants in Spain (30 plants), U.S. (11 plants), France, Germany, Italy, Australia, China (2 plants), Thailand, UAE, Turkey, Iran, Algeria, India, Morocco, Egypt and even South Africa (a 100 MW KaXu Solar One)! There also many others under construction!

Nigeria's power generating capacity now is around 5500 MW. The largest solar plant (Ivanpah Solar Power Facility) generates 392 MW and was built at the cost $2.2 billion. The $20 billion government spent on power from 1999 would have built 9 large Solar Power stations (like Ivanpah) that generates stable, clean and free 3528 MW of energy! And we have plenty of sunshine which means it would generate about 4000 MW!

Nigeria needs around 200,000 MW to meet electricity demand. If we build at least 5 stations (2000 MW) every year, we'll be on the right path of having a cheap, stable and infinite electricity for all.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by FabioPeter: 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2015
OK firstly, you got a good understanding and I am clueless so please enlighten me on a few things.
Firstly, what is the cost of 1kwh of solar relative to Gas?
What is the cost of generating 354kw of solar power and the cost of same using gas?
Nigeria has abundant sun and abundant gas, which of these is more economically viable for large scale say 10000MW?

Thank you sir, I await your response.

Pick values anywhere in the world.
NobleG1:

You've no clue what you're talking about. Are you aware of the 354 Megawatts (MW) Solar Energy Generating Systems power installation in the USA or 280 MW Solana Generating Station also in the USA or 200 MW Solaben Solar Power Station in Spain or 392 MW Ivanpah Solar Power Facility (largest in the world) in California?

And many other Solar plants in Spain (30 plants), U.S. (11 plants), France, Germany, Italy, Australia, China (2 plants), Thailand, UAE, Turkey, Iran, Algeria, India, Morocco, Egypt and even South Africa (a 100 MW KaXu Solar One)! There also many others under construction!

Nigeria's power generating capacity now is around 5500 MW. The largest solar plant (Ivanpah Solar Power Facility) generates 392 MW and was built at the cost $2.2 billion. The $20 billion government spent on power from 1999 would have built 9 large Solar Power stations (like Ivanpah) that generates stable, clean and free 3528 MW of energy! And we have plenty of sunshine which means it would generate about 4000 MW!

Nigeria needs around 200,000 MW to meet electricity demand. If we build at least 5 stations (2000 MW) every year, we'll be on the right path of having a cheap, stable and infinite electricity for all.
Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by NobleG1(m): 4:30am On Jun 05, 2015
FabioPeter:
OK firstly, you got a good understanding and I am clueless so please enlighten me on a few things.
Firstly, what is the cost of 1kwh of solar relative to Gas?
What is the cost of generating 354kw of solar power and the cost of same using gas?
Nigeria has abundant sun and abundant gas, which of these is more economically viable for large scale say 10000MW?

Thank you sir, I await your response.

Pick values anywhere in the world.

Did you read previous post? I told you the largest in the world, 392 MW (would be more than 400 MW in Nigeria because of plenty sun) Ivanpah Solar Power Facility in California cost $2.2 billion to built, and that's a one time expenditure. No expensive maintenance and the energy is clean, quiet, stable and infinite! You can say that about fossil fuel.

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by FabioPeter: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
OK good we learn everyday. You mean due to our intense sunshine 392MW of solar energy could be greater than 400MW of gas?
You also suggest that solar panels are maintenance free and probably can't be vandalised unlike gas pipeline?
This is quite interesting. Please read for knowledge and not for debate.
NobleG1:

Did you read previous post? I told you the largest in the world, 392 MW (would be more than 400 MW in Nigeria because of plenty sun) Ivanpah Solar Power Facility in California cost $2.2 billion to built, and that's a one time expenditure. No expensive maintenance and the energy is clean, quiet, stable and infinite! You can say that about fossil fuel.

Re: Forces President Buhari Must Fight To Fix Electricity – Chinedu Nebo by dekdek: 11:01am On Jul 14, 2015
Fezchima:
Bros., Governance is a continue meaning that whereas his advice is treasured he cannot be left off the hook
if there is criminal negligent or outright corruption on his part. Criminal prosecution is not time bound.
Please let's move on.

Why do u want to send me a private mail? i checked ur records and it suggests to me the kind of person u are. Am sorry, not interested.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare / Live: APC Presidential Rally Katsina State!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.