Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) (1847 Views)

Cancelled Wedding In Anambra: Lady Jilted Fiance Over Another Man Living Abroad / Man Cancels Wedding In Anambra, A Day To D-Day After He Caught Fiancée Cheating / "Tragedy As Woman Runs Mad During Her Own Wedding Introduction". Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by zpakln(f): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
The ‘corpse bride’, 58, made the unusual entrance at her wedding on Saturday when she got married to Christopher Lockett, 51, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs.

She lay in the black coffin with the lid closed as she was pulled along by a motorcycle in honour of her brother – a motorcycle enthusiast.

Jenny, who works for Bet365 in customer service, said: “I just wanted to do something a little bit different!

“I almost didn’t tell Chris but in the end I spilled the beans about three weeks before.

“He was a bit surprised but he said as long as I was happy he would go with the flow.

“What more could I ask for from a new husband?!”

Jenny, a former funeral parlour worker and qualified embalmer, was driven to Llangefni register office by her sister-in-law, Hayley Buckleff, who pulled the coffin behind a VW Trike.

The coffin, which was black and adorned with a grim reaper, belongs to her brother Roger who was given it by his daughter.

Jenny said: “It’s definitely different. Instead of turning up in a horse-drawn cart, I thought I’m going to turn up in a coffin.

“The groom was a little shocked when I told him my plans, but he just went with the flow.

“The best man didn’t know until the day. A lot of people didn’t know.”

The couple decided to marry in Wales near to where Roger lives as he suffered a heart attack last year and was too ill to travel.

She added: “I don’t normally dress like this and I’m not a goth at all.

“I work for Bet365, so you have to be well presented and I’m normally very smart.

“But my brother is different. He’s covered in tattoos so for once he looked the part.”

Although the pair gave lots of wedding guests a shock, they said they were pleased to have had such a talking point at the nuptials.

Jenny added: “My brother and I are very close so it was nice to be able to do something to honour him and do something a bit different.

“He loved it and said it made his day.”

The couple met just six months ago and he proposed one month later in their local pub, the Horn and Trumpet.

Lorry driver Christopher, aged 51, said: “She kept it from me for a bit, but then it slipped out. It was different, but if that’s what she wants to do then that’s fine.

“When we first met in The Victoria on the Square in Hanley, I gave her my number. But I was so drunk, I gave her the wrong number and kept going back to the pub week after week, waiting for her to come back in.

“It was maybe four or five weeks until we met again and it went from there. It was love at first sight. I proposed around Christmas. I was out shopping for presents when I saw a jeweller’s and I thought, ‘why not?’ It wasn’t planned.”

The couple have five children from previous marriages. They were all there, alongside Christopher’s ex-wife, to watch them get married on Saturday.

Jenny’s daughter, Jade Meads, aged 27, said: “The coffin was a bit strange, but my mum is never normal. I thought she was joking at first.”

The bride’s brother, Roger, was hoping to ride the trike, yet Hayley, aged 46, took on the responsibility due to his ill health.

Hayley said: “My husband has always been interested in skulls and skeletons. The house is full of ornaments like that, and he’s covered head to toe in tattoos.

“The coffin was bought as a present, so he turned it into a trailer.

“When we go away on bike rides, we use it to put all our camping gear in. We get an awful lot of looks when we go out with it. It’s unique.”

Source: http://www.topratedgist.com/shock-as-bride-arrived-for-her-own-wedding-in-a-coffin/

Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
she looks gorgeous at 58 grin grin grin grin

who has the pics of a 58 year Nigerian even that of a celebrity or yeyebrity, just put it up grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
in case
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Rounakid(m): 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2015
Chisos...! Coffin...? *does siqn of cross and sped off*
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2015
Rounakid:
Chisos...! Coffin...? *does siqn of cross and sped off*
why u will enter a coffin someday .we all got that price to pay ok
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Oblitz(m): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
Many are mad, but few are roaming
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Oblitz(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2015
Many are mad... But few are roaming
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
They're Caucasians, it's perfectly normal.
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by DankemzI(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
B!tch don't kill my V!be

Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
Just like Charly Boy.
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by kramfonos(m): 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
She's a psychopath, a frigging necrophiliac!angry

It would be creepy to tumble between the sheets witg such a woman.:-/
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Tallesty1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
Charley Girl
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Adesam09(m): 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
dey don get this woman...
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by cyara(f): 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
Only in abroad can such a thing happen and to think the man is even smiling undecidedOnly in abroad can such a thing happen and to think the man is even smiling
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by peeparty(m): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2015
nobi normal people dey do this kind tin
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:25pm On Jun 02, 2015
This is what happen when the people controlling your destiny from village are drunkards shocked shocked
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by vega84(m): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Mad white folks #vegatalks
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
aguiyi:
she looks gorgeous at 58 grin grin grin grin

who has the pics of a 58 year Nigerian even that of a celebrity or yeyebrity, just put it up grin grin grin grin grin
My aunt who is over 60, looks better.
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by Rounakid(m): 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2015
princeofpeace22:
why u will enter a coffin someday .we all got that price to pay ok
neverthless i will die like jeremiah...
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by 3ace(m): 7:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
I'm not surprised because she's getting old already. A rehearsal of how it feels like is not bad at all.
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by vickkyruby(f): 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
One day she will end up in a coffin
Re: Bride Arrived For Her Own Wedding In A Coffin (photos) by tociano009(m): 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: What Wrong With This Hot Dog Stand? / What Was She Expecting? #heart Broken# / Picture: When You Are The Head Of The Home,And A Down To Earth Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.