Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) (60130 Views)

Boarding A Taxi In Lagos? Read This / Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg / 11 Mistakes To Avoid When Boarding A Taxicab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 3:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
zomoears:

Without details, it's hard to place the blame. However, if a company policy discriminates against people living with disadvantages, then it's not a fair policy n should be revised. Her actions will draw attention to dis disgrace of a policy.

Imagine it was ur relative at d receiving end of such!

The policy is for their own safety, its not wickedness. My relative who cannot walk would not be allowed to travel alone without an Assistance ...

If she was with someone to carry her around, then they would have allowed her
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
ManTiger:

That's one kind of crazy policy which is drawing back the whole of Africa.
In the developed countries, physically challenge persons are treated with utter most priority. No wonder we call them developed countries.

D developed countries have provision for wheelchair in their planes bro, Not their policy
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by lovemoi2(f): 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
DuchessLily:
Respect company/pple's policies

Its only in naija dat anything can happen

Something is trully wrong with you to think like this

What happened to her was unfair and discrimination
You really need to be informed

A handicap person has the same right with everyone
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
boxypane:

U need INFORMATION in your Life sister! If dat wat makes Naija standout, then we should be counted as a "Developed" country. Jeeeeeezzzz! U're needed in d Nigerian Police

Its for her own safety. She is supposed to be with someone to assist in carrying her abt. Some planes do not have wheelchair space
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by lovemoi2(f): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
Kassidy90:
I don't think the Airline deserved to be blamed they have a policy in place and they are adhering to it, not in Nigeria where they can maneuver anything....
Sorry ma'am, always Read terms n conditions before clicking I AGREE

Its a stupid policy

I live in a developed country and that is what we call discrimination

A handicap person should be treated equally

People protest for things like this
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
lovemoi2:

Something is trully wrong with you to think like this

What happened to her was unfair and discrimination
You really need to be informed

A handicap person has the same right with everyone

Like what? Who said I like what is happening to her ?

If u r really a babe then u need to learn manners.. U Dnt just insult pple for no reason.

Its U who need to be informed.

And if u can read.. U would have been able to Understand what I have been explaining . she is supposed to be with someone to assist her, cos not all planes have d wheelchair Space

For ur own good, go get manners and be more informed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by lovemoi2(f): 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

Like what? Who said I like what is happening to her ?

If u r really a babe then u need to learn manners.. U Dnt just insult pple for no reason.

Its U who need to be informed.

And if u can read.. U would have been able to Understand what I have been explaining . she is supposed to be with someone to assist her, cos not all planes have d wheelchair Space

For ur own good, go get manners and be more informed
when you learn how to spell come back. For now.... peace out
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
lovemoi2:
when you learn how to spell come back. For now.... peace out

Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy

U really make me laugh! It abbreviations I have on my writeup , no wrong spellings . hahahahahahahahahahahaha... Olodo! Iti bolibo!! Odoyon!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Bants(m): 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

Can you please clarify what you mean
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by bufness(m): 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Matttthew:
Wetin u dey find?

Trek.......

#
are u alright sha ...post with sense
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Chienex24(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

You really are a she-g.oat!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
Scan the wheelchair, when she is on board, make sure that one of the crew secure it in their private cabin and once they have landed, give her back her wheel chair... Why must Ghana always beef Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
Bants:

Can you please clarify what you mean

Most planes in our African countries do not have facilities or spaces for wheel chair. She was/is supposed to be with someone to assist her in a case like this. Forcing her wheelchair into d plane or them carrying her to board the plane is not safe for her, cos how will she move around freely or for example, go without someone to assist her to d rest room onboard? And God 4bid, if something happens, how would she manage?

Our problem is that we don't read policy statements well b4 we click on 'I accept'
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by anwe: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
Use Ghana sef, do not how to treat physically challenge people. what a country !

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by akingbatope: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
loomer:
Oyibo man wey build air plane, made provisions for wheel chaired people too.

Where for the company policy them state am?
is on fair it made no meaning are they making jes of situation, Ghana government be reasonable

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
Chienex24:

You really are a she-g.oat!

Oh yeah! And u r from d lowest family of he-goats (if there is anything like dat)

Cos u r mannerless and uninformed tongue
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by charlesucheh(m): 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
loomer:

Canoe isn't a Bad option ma!!!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by espn(m): 3:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
I blame the lady's agent. There's what we call SSR.. special service request. Before making reservation or during reservation. You are expected to send an SSR to your intending carrier to inform them of the condition and type of passenger (in a case where your client needs special services) you are making seat reservation for, and you are expected to get a confirmation from the airline before the take off date. If you don't then don't make final booking.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by oloriooko(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

That company policy is not physically challenged friendly and should be reviewed.
It's not acceptable and terrible.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
oloriooko:

That company policy is not physically challenged friendly and should be reviewed.
It's not acceptable and terrible.

Yeah it is..

But she would have avoided it by reading and understanding their policy statement b4 accepting. All the airlines can't just refuse her money because she is handicapped or a Nigerian. They r in business for money , ain't they? grin
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by wearerelated: 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
it's so sad! who else should be granted priority if not the physically challenged?

Pele Madam Essien, God will help them realise their error as the table turns.

Afterall, it's company policy they say.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/06/04/photo-nigerian-woman-prevented-from-boarding-a-plane-in-ghana-see-why/#

In as much as it's sad to see stuff like this happen I think she should come clean and tell us:
His she got to Ghana(if it was by road or air). There are 3 sides to every story.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by mordouc(m): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
loomer:

I wonder oooo. I be travel consultants and them get their own seats.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by nd07(m): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

u r stupid. its possible anyone may b in dt condition tmrw so be reasonable. even in ur wholesome condition that lady has touched lives more than u. and point of correction. anything does nt go in nigeria. we r more liberal. accommodate & reasonable than many African nations & they too r witnessing 2 dt & dts y we nigeria still remain d envy of foreign investors & tourists so gt dt in2 ur skull

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2015
nd07:

u r stupid. its possible anyone may b in dt condition tmrw so be reasonable. even in ur wholesome condition that lady has touched lives more than u. and point of correction. anything does nt go in nigeria. we r more liberal. accommodate & reasonable than many African nations & they too r witnessing 2 dt & dts y we nigeria still remain d envy of foreign investors & tourists so gt dt in2 ur skull

God bless u
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by nd07(m): 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sweety don't worry. i read ur story in FGBMFI voice magazine. i join faith wt 2 say "u'll walk again" bt right now i'm happy u r making waves 4 good. u r a good image of ur country
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by loomer: 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
charlesucheh:
Canoe isn't a Bad option ma!!!

If u think say the thing u talk funny, then u be the biggest mumu ur tribe generation go ever produce
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by loomer: 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
mordouc:

I wonder oooo. I be travel consultants and them get their own seats.

The thing tire me, if she get better evidence self she fit sue them
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by bigtt76(f): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
Sad but I agree with you. Anyone wonder the situation in times of emergency? How would she run towards the Emergency Exits? Won't she be a source of obstacle to fleeing passengers? Won't she be crushed? Its sad though undecided

DuchessLily:

The policy is for their own safety, its not wickedness. My relative who cannot walk would not be allowed to travel alone without an Assistance ...

If she was with someone to carry her around, then they would have allowed her
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by obailala(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2015
Paulonko:

na Nigerian plane take her there
..So why is she expecting a Ghanaian plane to bring her back?
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by tete7000(m): 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2015
Discrimination against people with disabilities. One of the realities of discrimination people with disabilities face in this part of the world. Quite very sad.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
bigtt76:
Sad but I agree with you. Anyone wonder the situation in times of emergency? How would she run towards the Emergency Exits? Won't she be a source of obstacle to fleeing passengers? Won't she be crushed? Its sad though undecided

Thanx dear sis.

Its so sad... But we can't blame them, cos they can't endanger her life and dat of their other clients onboard same flight with her because they wanna be fair

She could look for a plane with wheelchair space or make arrangement with a passenger to assist her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Road Sweepers In Aba (pictures) / Max Air Boeing 737 Suffers Multiple Tire Bursts Upon Landing Abuja Airport / Lagos Conductor Sleeping On Duty While Car Is Moving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.