Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) (60150 Views)

Boarding A Taxi In Lagos? Read This / Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg / 11 Mistakes To Avoid When Boarding A Taxicab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by dustydee: 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
lilcashking:
see this mumu u ar talkn of safety hw did she get there
Mr Wise, are you aware that aircraft have different configurations and policies? Did she fly the same aircraft to Ghana?
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by charlesucheh(m): 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
loomer:

If u think say the thing u talk funny, then u be the biggest mumu ur tribe generation go ever produce
hey dude!!! Wats up with the attitude? Jst trying to bring in a relief comically. Even the subject wouldn't take it the way you did!!! Learn to control your insultive tongue, it jst might put you in trouble someday. Jst a piece of advise for you okay!!!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Archie30: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
chiefololade:
Doesn't make any sense.. What if their president had an accident and was amputated, will they tell him not to board a flight. Africans and backwardness.

Nothing to do with being African mate. This is obviously a one sided story. Policy is there for compliance. For all I know there's one for people with mobility problem and disability. She's probably travelling alone and you can only do that if you are self reliant. By self reliant you 're for instance, able to unfasten your seat belt, reach an emergency exit, put on an oxygen mask and life jacket etc. Airline cabin crews 're not able to provide personal care and for safety reasons, airlines are entitled to require that people with disability travel with a companion if they 're not self-reliant. And that will include any president with such applicable and known disability!!!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by loomer: 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
charlesucheh:
hey dude!!! Wats up with the attitude? Jst trying to bring in a relief comically. Even the subject wouldn't take it the way you did!!! Learn to control your insultive tongue, it jst might put you in trouble someday. Jst a piece of advise for you okay!!!

Where I come from, we no get any reason to use handicap people do comedy.
You were out of line
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by yehmi01(m): 8:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
chiefololade:
Doesn't make any sense.. What if their president had an accident and was amputated, will they tell him not to board a flight. Africans and backwardness.

If she has a good lawyer she can become rich over night by this stupid policy.

Black people with black brain.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by NobleG1(m): 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
This can only happen in Africa, a useless continent.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
Call your Lawyers. You have a valid claim against them. I advise that you pursue it. (I hope she gets to read this)
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by leonshom(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
Probably she didn't make further arrangements with the airline. Most airlines usually states if you would need help with mobility or u got any kind of disability which requires assistants, etc. Sometimes we need to blame ourselves for our failure and not pushing blames on others!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by charlesucheh(m): 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
loomer:

You were out of line
And where i come from, we don't take life too serious, we live it like ordinary people. I didn't see disability in her, u saw! That was why you reacted the way you did!!! Guess my view wa contradictory to yours, well it shows why there're sub-cultural groups!!!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by charlesucheh(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
loomer:

You were out of line
And where i come from, we don't take life too serious, we live it like ordinary people. I didn't see disability in her, u saw! That was why you reacted the way you did!!! Guess my view wa contradictory to yours, well, it shows why there're sub-cultural groups!!!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by lilcashking(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
dustydee:

Mr Wise, are you aware that aircraft have different configurations and policies? Did she fly the same aircraft to Ghana?
why nt ask google
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Notyourb1tch(f): 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2015
sergiozlatan:

Good to see this. I must confess that certain Nigerians act without thinking.

The said lady is my friend, we are all members of the Young African Leadership Initiative/Network (YALI/YALN). She's also a fellow of the Mandela Fellowship (formerly called Washington Fellowship). My timeline on twitter is filled with her comments & that of our fellow colleagues.

What the Company did is termed "standard procedure". Although they could have helped her in a way but let's call a spade a spade.
She didn't inform them before arrival that she's disabled & will need her wheelchair. When the airline simply informed her in clear terms that they cannot breach protocol in order for her to board immediately, she flared up.

I understand her anger, but that's not the solution.

She went to twitter to vent her anger against the airline, copying almost all members & fellows. Some in turn decided to start an e-war against the airline. Sending several tweets copying the Ghanaian President as well. (Hw would u feel as a Nigerian if something happens in 9ja 2 a S/African & his colleagues start an e-war tagging PMB?)

She's supposed to head to Tamale (northern Ghana) for an internship. I pity her though but she messed up by not PRE-INFORMING the airline. She even approached others but received same replies (that's according to her o).

Then to the airline (tho I'm yet to get full info from them), they should have somehow had sympathy on her based on her condition & remedied the situation. Them self no too try @ all. Hope this won't give them a bad publicity.

Anyway, Madam Freky, God be with you. Safe stay in Ghana.
There you have it. I pity her but she was kinda careless, was it her first time flying?
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by ManTiger(m): 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

D developed countries have provision for wheelchair in their planes bro, Not their policy
Then you improvised. While the article clearly says she get to Accra by air.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2015
Notyourb1tch:
There you have it. I pity her but she was kinda careless, was it her first time flying?

No. But this is her first time to travel outta 9ja without a companion.

leonshom:
Probably she didn't make further arrangements with the airline. Most airlines usually states if you would need help with mobility or u got any kind of disability which requires assistants, etc. Sometimes we need to blame ourselves for our failure and not pushing blames on others!

Exactly.

For the records, she was not trying to return to 9ja but to continue her journey from Accra to Tamale.

Dunno why she didn't link up with the Ghanaian fellows. Someone might have helped or even volunteered to assist her board a luxurious bus from Accra to Tamale (probably VVIP buses) though that'll be another stress.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by loomer: 12:16am On Jun 05, 2015
charlesucheh:
And where i come from, we don't take life too serious, we live it like ordinary people. I didn't see disability in her, u saw! That was why you reacted the way you did!!! Guess my view wa contradictory to yours, well, it shows why there're sub-cultural groups!!!

She de on wheelchair or u no look the pix?
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by blazer90707: 12:53am On Jun 05, 2015
godofwar666:
Whats going on NL nowadays I'm tired of seeing Buhari do this or buhari do that not that i hate ooo! But nigerians as turn him to celebrity aka the messiah! Sai baba
Same here oh.m tired sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by MayorofLagos(m): 1:47am On Jun 05, 2015
If i were the Governoror or President and i hear this I would send a plane to go and bring her home.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by fa4dmike(m): 2:32am On Jun 05, 2015
make una no coment any how.. pple wit wheel chairs do fly... bt watin dem tell her wey she no want do na?
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 5:39am On Jun 05, 2015
ManTiger:

Then you improvised. While the article clearly says she get to Accra by air.

Yeah she did. In a Nigerian plane. In Nigerian where rules , policies, and human lives r not important. In Nigeria where they r concerned abt collecting one more customer's money not minding that they r endangering the lives of many other customers plus her own life
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by DuchessLily(f): 5:48am On Jun 05, 2015
boxypane:

Then I think machines helped her in Naija in boarding d plane. Its quite unfortunate.

Nope machines didnt help her, pple did . In a Nigerian plane. In Nigerian where rules , policies, and human lives r not important. In Nigeria where they r concerned abt collecting one more customer's money not minding that they r endangering the lives of many other customers plus her own lifelife

Its either DAT nigerian plane has wheelchair space or as typical of naija, anything goes
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by charlesucheh(m): 7:36am On Jun 05, 2015
loomer:

She de on wheelchair or u no look the pix?
It has to do with the MIND CONSTRUCT!!!! Let me make a recommendation for you and pls don't ignore ; Find "THE SECRETE OF AGES BY ROBERT COLLIER" and read. You'll get to learn a whole lot of things about what talked about.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by loomer: 8:04am On Jun 05, 2015
charlesucheh:
It has to do with the MIND CONSTRUCT!!!! Let me make a recommendation for you and pls don't ignore ; Find "THE SECRETE OF AGES BY ROBERT COLLIER" and read. You'll get to learn a whole lot of things about what talked about.

Oga I hear e don do.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by boxypane(m): 8:21am On Jun 05, 2015
DuchessLily:

Nope machines didnt help her, pple did . In a Nigerian plane. In Nigerian where rules , policies, and human lives r not important. In Nigeria where they r concerned abt collecting one more customer's money not minding that they r endangering the lives of many other customers plus her own lifelife

Its either DAT nigerian plane has wheelchair space or as typical of naija, anything goes

This Argument will go on and on. Ask aviation technicians on the way planes are designed for different classes of people. I will tell you that those officials where simply lack lustre, unofficial as against ur argument of lawlessness in Nigeria, and moreso, I guess it was because she had a Nigerian passport! So why should we assist her (Xenophobia) it will alarm to note that Nigerians are sumtimes turned down by the likes of S.A, Ghana etc for flimsy excuses of "you ppl steAl our Girlfriends from us". Let's stay on the point.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by charlesucheh(m): 11:38am On Jun 05, 2015
loomer:

Oga I hear e don do.
Correct guy!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by loomer: 11:41am On Jun 05, 2015
charlesucheh:
Correct guy!

Make u come Mr NL thread na
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by charlesucheh(m): 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
loomer:

Make u come Mr NL thread na
no problem!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by loomer: 5:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
charlesucheh:
no problem!

Correct guy.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by khukhi(f): 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
Burger01:
This is bad and a clear display of discrimination against the disables sad

^^^
I wonder o angry

This article can't be TRUE....
#blogger things
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by adaxxy: 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
She can be assisted to a nearby seat and wheelchair stowed for her in the cargo but she can't fly in will chair its not possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Conductor Sleeping On Duty While Car Is Moving / Woman Does Conductor For Her Husband While He Drives (photo) / Max Air Boeing 737 Suffers Multiple Tire Bursts Upon Landing Abuja Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.