Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,419 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) (60140 Views)

Boarding A Taxi In Lagos? Read This / Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg / 11 Mistakes To Avoid When Boarding A Taxicab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by raydodgemanhill: 4:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
qualityovenbake:
What sort of flimsy excuse is this. So people that are wheelchair bound are not allow to fly in Ghana. The local airline operators in Ghana should be ashamed of themselves right now. It baffles me when some African countries celebrate mediocrity and backwardness.

You need to get the facts of the story before throwing blame. I don't think there is anywhere in the world where airlines discriminate particularly disabled persons. However you must comply with their policies. Something has not been mentioned in this story.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by raydodgemanhill: 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2015
lovemoi2:

Its a stupid policy

I live in a developed country and that is what we call discrimination

A handicap person should be treated equally

People protest for things like this

Its a policy and there is no policy that is silly. Its either you accept it and abide by it or you choose to fly another airline. Thats how it is everywhere developed or not. By the way thanks for reminding everyone you live in a developed world. Nobody cares.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by maestroz: 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
chiefololade:
Doesn't make any sense.. What if their president had an accident and was amputated, will they tell him not to board a flight. Africans and backwardness.

na wetin boko haram don cause dis our nation b dat. dem fit dey tink say she get planz to bomb...
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by mordouc(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
loomer:

The thing tire me, if she get better evidence self she fit sue them
True.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Cypost: 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
This is certainly not the whole story. I smell mischief. How did she get there in the first place
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by OYAY(m): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
This is discrimination against disabled no more no less shikena!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Paulonko(m): 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
obailala:
..So why is she expecting a Ghanaian plane to bring her back?

cuz shes now in Ghana. You dont expect a Nigerian plane to be in Ghana nau..

Likewise u dont expect a Ghanaian plane to be in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by lovemoi2(f): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
raydodgemanhill:

Its a policy and there is no policy that is silly. Its either you accept it and abide by it or you choose to fly another airline. Thats how it is everywhere developed or not. By the way thanks for reminding everyone you live in a developed world. Nobody cares.

When you come out of the hole you live in

You will come to realize that discrimination is not accepted in any policy

Dullard

OYAY:
This is discrimination against disabled no more no less shikena!
thats what some people fail to understand

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by 6fit(f): 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
niceguy7:
We are living in a wicked world.....which kind yeye policy is that? They cnt even pity her condition..... Smhhh undecided

it is in 9ja dat rules are bent.....other countries, rules are rles. After all Indonetia killed Nigerians convicted for drug deals. So retreive dat yur clueless statement
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by iamord(m): 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
Paulonko:

cuz shes now in Ghana. You dont expect a Nigerian plane to be in Ghana nau..

Likewise u dont expect a Ghanaian plane to be in Nigeria
my gawd!!!!! cheesy what kind of thinking is this cheesy. For God's sake. Arik and areo are Nigeria airline operators that shuttle from lagos to Accra every week.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by niceguy7(m): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2015
6fit:

it is in 9ja dat rules are bent.....other countries, rules are rles. After all Indonetia killed Nigerians convicted for drug deals. So retreive dat yur clueless statement
Watch ur mouth miss.....if u cnt mind ur own biz.
undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by iamord(m): 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2015
anwe:

Use Ghana sef, do not how to treat physically challenge people. what a country !
if u don't know. Ghana has more disable friendly service from the roads to other services than Nigeria. So don't say what u don't know
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Paulonko(m): 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2015
iamord:
my gawd!!!!! cheesy what kind of thinking is this cheesy. For God's sake. Arik and areo are Nigeria airline operators that shuttle from lagos to Accra every week.
iamord:

beeko sorry sad me dunno much about airlines
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by iamord(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
Paulonko:

beeko sorry sad me dunno much about airlines
Okay. Incase of next time. Better u ask than assume.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by lilcashking(m): 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
dustydee:
Surely the airlines can help her to her seat without using the wheelchair. Except if she's asking to be flown seated on the wheelchair which is unacceptable given the safety implication.
see this mumu u ar talkn of safety hw did she get there
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Maghan37: 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
chiefololade:
Doesn't make any sense.. What if their president had an accident and was amputated, will they tell him not to board a flight. Africans and backwardness.
No!!! Not Afrricans but Ghanaians.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Maghan37: 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
6fit:

Dis case is not d same as d indonesian incident which is right and mind u not all policies are just, an E.g of this is d apartheid policy.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by medoyin(m): 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

The policy is for their own safety, its not wickedness. My relative who cannot walk would not be allowed to travel alone without an Assistance ...

If she was with someone to carry her around, then they would have allowed her

Ma'am, I will not agree with you on this. That's her decision and not the airline. I'm paraplegic and I do travel alone. All they require is to place a call on arrival to see the friend or relative you will be staying with and make sure you're in safe hands.

I wonder why the lady was treated like that. With all I have read, that's not her first time. I think the airline must face the wrath of the law and GMB should sign the disability law GEJ refused to assent...!
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by boxypane(m): 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
DuchessLily:

Its for her own safety. She is supposed to be with someone to assist in carrying her abt. Some planes do not have wheelchair space
Then I think machines helped her in Naija in boarding d plane. Its quite unfortunate.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by lovemoi2(f): 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2015
medoyin:

Ma'am, I will not agree with you on this. That's her decision and not the airline. I'm paraplegic and I do travel alone. All they require is to place a call on arrival to see the friend or relative you will be staying with and make sure you're in safe hands.
Thank you for your comment
You are very brave indeed to be paraplegic and still move on with your life

It is completely wrong for any one to discriminate any one for any reason

The airline needs to be questioned.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by PLEXPLEX(m): 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
Kassidy90:

Yea its anti human but am very sure they have their reasons besides its not all the airlines in Ghana that have that same policy so, we should stop being emotional and always look at things from another perspective before judging ...

It is not the matter of being emotional, but being realistic. I tell u my friend, they don't have any justifiable reason order than being wicked & inhuman. In other civilized climes, ways of making life worth living & easy by the day for special persons like her is what they re improving by the day & Ghana Airlines re doing the opposite...yet u saying we shouldn't be emotional?

My gud friend, i can assure u that there re no gud reasons any where to uphold such policy or policies that ll treat special people in that manner.
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by medoyin(m): 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2015
lovemoi2:
Thank you for your comment You are very brave indeed to be paraplegic and still move on with your life
It is completely wrong for any one to discriminate any one for any reason
The airline needs to be questioned.
Thanks for your words. Appreciate.
I wonder why the lady was treated like that. With all I have read, that's not her first time. I think the airline must face the wrath of the law and GMB should sign the disability law GEJ refused to assent...!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by PLEXPLEX(m): 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
Cypost:
This is certainly not the whole story. I smell mischief. How did she get there in the first place

Which kan mischief? Somebody left PH to LAG. From Lag to Ghana via air without being discriminated upon & now it is time to return home, u re asking how she got there? Not only that, u re also smelling mischief!?
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by PLEXPLEX(m): 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
lovemoi2:

When you come out of the hole you live in

You will come to realize that discrimination is not accepted in any policy

Dullard

thats what some people fail to understand

Don't mind them. They re so stupid like the policies
Re: Nigerian Woman Prevented From Boarding A Plane In Ghana (photo) by Allansmith: 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
What rubbish...How about when a top government official falls into the same situation would such a person asked to travel by sea or road?Iranu Oshi...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uae Entry Restriction(s) For Nigerians / Woman Does Conductor For Her Husband While He Drives (photo) / Road Sweepers In Aba (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.