Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,230 members, 7,846,091 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage (493 Views)

Couple Shoot Pre-Wedding Photos, 35 Years After Marriage / Man Prostrates To His Fiancee's Mum After Marriage Proposal (photos) / Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by cutebobo(m): 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
In this present 'age', i don't believe couples having joint account all the name of love is necessary. When you truly love someone then you don't need to monitor ur partner. I believe so many couples are having joint account all because of love insecurity. I have been trying to explain this to my girlfriend who has 'being on my neck' for joint account after marriage to prove sincere commitment which i won't for anything in this world do. She seems not to get my point now and its making me feel uncomfortable 'cus if mere dating is filled up with arguing over few thing, what will become of our union. I am an easy going person and i don't trouble in my marriage, so if she keeps on pestering me, i will just call it a quit. Mature minds, please what do u think 'cus i love her but knowing fully well that this pestering of a thing will continue after marriage, i dear not go further.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by ronald4lif(m): 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2015
Does she work as well and would she be contributing to the account?.

If yes, I don't consider having a joint account with wifey a problem. However, I would have a separate account and deposit only certain amount of money that won't hurt me should the unknown happens with the account savings or deposit almost equal percentage as she does.

But if she's not contributing to the account then that's so not going to happen.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by IamLEGEND1: 11:26pm On Jun 04, 2015
alryt, matured mind is here

... does she work full time too?

will she be contributing anything significant to ur joint somtin.

coz

u know we have werey husbands these days...

#SayNoToBeingWereyed
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by amokeme(f): 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2015
If she is working and would be contributing religiously the no problem..

But I don't think its a good idea.. (I personally won't even think about that)
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by GeneralQuamdeen: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
At your own risk..
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by cutebobo(m): 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2015
she is also working but the last conversation i will never wish for is

Wife: sweetheart, you withdraw today

Husband: Yea, i did

Wife: why?

Then i will start analysing account. for what!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by Flashh: 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
Don't try it.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by Brugo(m): 11:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
Bro, stand your ground. Joint account dey cause gobe especially when the woman loves to spend or has the mentality that her man should spend on her. Let me tell you something you may not realise. That account is only joint to you. But to her, she is in charge and you are just supposed to supply fund steadily.

She has to learn to take your no as well as your yes. Put your foot down. She can't dump you not over it. And if she decides to leave then you'd know what sort of woman she is.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2015
To me, I don't think the "Joint account" is really necessary. Everyone should have their own personal accounts, and know how they spend their money.

As long as you work for yourself, have your own account. Trust me! once you have a joint account with her, you can't be able to close it without her consent, and in the situation where you are the one who works more than her, and is in charge of all the finances at home. It will be a killer to you.

Unless of course, she agrees to contribute to some certain expenses and know how she makes her shopping, because women love to shop. She could spend a lot of money on her personal stuff, that will be quite expensive, and won't give a damn of the price. So choose wisely!
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Joint Account After Marriage by ITbomb(m): 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2015
That shouldn't be a problem.
Get her a joint account and get yourself another personal account. If she ask why, tell her that there is some job that you did and the people insist on opening account for them in a specific bank. Case closed

Don't forget to be funding the joint account as the Lord gives you strength but keep most of your money in your personal account

(1) (Reply)

Love Is Sometimes Unreciprocated! Love Is Sometimes Unreciprocated- This Is A Fa / Bathroom Slope Is Too Small / Why Do Ladies Form Unnecessarily? Shares His Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.