Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,173 members, 7,849,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:16 AM

Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. (36852 Views)

APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune / Gov. Ikpeazu Cuts Own Salary, Travelling Allowance By 50% / President Buhari Moves Into Presidential Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by seangy4konji: 10:43am On Jun 06, 2015
Ok na.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by strongerthaneva(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2015
chidinwachukwu:

Muturu C..ow,by the time you wake up from that #BabaoneChance# trance,you would have grown gray hair.
make I sleep I with babaonechance he pay me pass sleep with Mr truck pusher and fisher man from otuoke..Am sure by the time u will realise u wasted already u will know that u not meant to belong where u are niw..man discover ursef so u can attain a height am seeing u on a long and low sit now..Aturu the goat bears..
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Desmondkk(m): 10:50am On Jun 06, 2015
ionsman:
Buhari is a man on a mission. ..A man that has the interests of Nigerians at heart. .
Yet another heartache for TANOIDS. ...

If your father is so intelligent, why isnt he the president?
nor mind that fool
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by gragraboy: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2015
brixton:

Anything is possible with that dullard, he is about to implement all his hate policies from 30years ago
Poverty and bitterness Is a deadly combination you will grow grey hairs before your time o.....better take it easy.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by philips70(m): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2015
IzonOwei:
The question is will his subordinates do the same?...even if buhari reduces his salary to 2kobo per month would the corrupt thieving legislators and others do same?...if No is the answer then buharis move will be one that is wasted...

Doing it is sending a very strong message to others that we are in an austere time and they will always live with the burden of that expectation. A leader must live by example and am still watching him on this especially on the area of assets declaration even though am not impatient about that yet. I am also watching how he is going to handle issues of corruption in his government be it in his partymen or opposition even as I am also conscious of propaganda just to bring down the government. At least I can sieve the wheat from the chaffs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by dave2meek(m): 11:08am On Jun 06, 2015
Thats a good one
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by youngG10(m): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2015
Up baba buhari...kanayi muna gani...

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by youngG10(m): 11:33am On Jun 06, 2015
Up ! Baba buhary kanayi muna gani muna jindadi....voting you won't be in vein baba[color=#000099][/color] grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 06, 2015
"Buhari moves to...." come back and tell us after he has.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
This man is just confusted, bushari Wetin reducing salary wan do for the economy, reduce that of national assembly and their allowance. Mumu man

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by solarview(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
Moves without motion is....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
bunmititi:

if the dullard from daura can slash his salary,
then he can increase his salary too!

nigeria has really entered one chance
and the fools are applauding!
Why is it difficult for some of you to reason? The move of the President, for now, is the best way to checkmate former presidents and heads of state. Slashing his salary automatically means the pension of former leaders will also be slashed, thereby saving the country millions of naira yearly.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by obinto: 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
Declare your assets PUBLICLY like u promised. Yar adua did it. You have just played the people who voted u in

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
philips70:

Doing it is sending a very strong message to others that we are in an austere time and they will always live with the burden of that expectation. A leader must live by example and am still watching him on this especially on the area of assets declaration even though am not impatient about that yet. I am also watching how he is going to handle issues of corruption in his government be it in his partymen or opposition even as I am also conscious of propaganda just to bring down the government. At least I can sieve the wheat from the chaffs.
my brother to be frank i dont see one or all of the legislators cutting down on there monthly or yearly allowance..thieves they all are..and we know buhari cant force them to/...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Eluwilussit(m): 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
ionsman:
Buhari is a man on a mission. ..A man that has the interests of Nigerians at heart. .

Good question. May be his father is not Hausa-Fulani. Does that help? Lol.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
This man is just confused, bushari Wetin reducing salary wan do for the economy, reduce that of national assembly and their allowance. Mumu man

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by brixton: 3:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
ionsman:

My father and your father have same thing in common then!!
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by madidi(m): 3:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by jidebaba69(m): 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
datola:
Slashing from a 3 million salary will not have any real impact on government finance but it is a great leadership by example.

Kudos PMB!

I beg to differ. Sometimes when a leader shows a very positive example like this it put enormous pressure on other officials to do the same so that they won't look like greedy monkeys.
To them public perception is everything!
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by obodundo(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2015
kaorama:
Let this not be a prelude to slashing workers salaries. He can slash his own but should not go near the N18,000 minimum wage. Many Nigerians need employment and I believe reducing cost of governance at the executive, legislative and judicial levels will make more resources available for the good of the common man. Nigerians are in dire need of some comfort.
he said he wants to reduce the cost of governance in the country. That has nothing to do with worker's salary
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by obodundo(m): 3:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
Norada:
This man is just confused, bushari Wetin reducing salary wan do for the economy, reduce that of national assembly and their allowance. Mumu man
you see, the president can't just reduce the salary of legislative officers like u think. He can only set an example and hope they follow
So, now dat u understand, who's the mumu?
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Yehman(m): 5:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Masculity:

bad belly
Who is fooling who?
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by kuchikau: 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
Illiterate president Buhari...idiot

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by kuchikau: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2015
Illiterate president Buhari...idiot..Daura President..
I MISS GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by kuchikau: 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
I MISS GEJ..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by kuchikau: 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
I MISS GEJ.....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by kuchikau: 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
dave2meek:
Thats a good one
...u r a fool...tell ur foolish president to cuts dat of the nation assembly...
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by dave2meek(m): 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
U're a nincompoop why don't you go and tell him yourself
kuchikau:
...u r a fool...tell ur foolish president to cuts dat of the nation assembly...
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by bunmititi(f): 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2015
nigeria will perish if you fools continue thinking like this.
if you can slash your salary to some arbitrary figure,
then you can raise it to any figure for your aggrandizement!

And you have no rights to slash the salaries of any legislators!
the salaries and allowances were parts and parcel of the contract to be a legislator of the federal republic!
slashing their salary now will be like shifting goalpost in the middle of a football game!
no! no! no!
if i be legislator,
you must pay me my full salary ooo.
you can slash you own if you want,
but me,
pay me in fool!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by BLOTRS: 6:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
what was he expecting? he is too old for all that money.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by SpencerLewis(m): 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
Holatunde007:
Its a welcome development
Or else what? Small coke or ..........
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by tsdarkside(m): 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
i like buhari,,, grin grin grin ;he is a serious guy...WHY THE HELL DO WANT SUCH A HIGH SALARY TILL YOU DIE,WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY RICH angry angry angry angryI like buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK: Babatunde Fowler Is Out, Replaced By A Northern Muslim, Just As I Predicted / 2023: North East Elders Endorse Peter Obi Of Labour Party / Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.