Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,870 members, 7,855,563 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. (36863 Views)

APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune / Gov. Ikpeazu Cuts Own Salary, Travelling Allowance By 50% / President Buhari Moves Into Presidential Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by nunzk: 8:29am On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by clemz88(m): 8:30am On Jun 06, 2015
Yehman:
He should also reduce the money his wife spend in buying wrist watch.
heheheh. U know dats not possible. Hajiya must be well taken care of . So that the ministry of alhaji buhari will move to the permanent site
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by drey076(m): 8:32am On Jun 06, 2015
PMB for second term
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by ceejay80s(m): 8:33am On Jun 06, 2015
This is what obasanjo should have done to earn my respect but instead.....
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by tiredface: 8:33am On Jun 06, 2015
OGA, DAVID MARK GO FIGHT DIS O O
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by efilefun(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2015
praxisnetworks:
Nonsense! Baba what is your worth? Declare your assets publicly or else.....
You will jump into the lagoon abiii anuofia
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 06, 2015
Its a commendable initiative from Buhari. However, only the RMAFC has the statutory authority to fix the emoluments of public officials.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 06, 2015
“The President has not taken any definite action. Ordinarily, people will not even expect the service chiefs to still be operating now, but because of the exposure and maturity that we are having in government; with a person of President Muhammadu Buhari’s stature, he studies a situation before taking action
from what I read the President is yet to take any paycut but there are "speculations". His spokesman never comfirmed the speculation btw...

When will Baba Declare His Asset?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by U2ice(m): 8:45am On Jun 06, 2015
Is he expecting....? Can't he give the order?
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Benzzle: 8:48am On Jun 06, 2015
brixton:

Anything is possible with that dullard, he is about to implement all his hate policies from 30years ago
he is a dullard yet he is your president...your father that is a prof/intelligent is there dying in poverty...continue go on tell the whole world that you're a bastard
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by olalat(m): 8:49am On Jun 06, 2015
bunmititi:

if the dullard from daura can slash his salary,
then he can increase his salary too!

nigeria has really entered one chance
and the fools are applauding!
thank your friend that advice only you to know how to read and write in your family. Count d number of 72yrs old men and women in your family nd update me where they are today.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 06, 2015
kaorama:
Let this not be a prelude to slashing workers salaries. He can slash his own but should not go near the N18,000 minimum wage. Many Nigerians need employment and I believe reducing cost of governance at the executive, legislative and judicial levels will make more resources available for the good of the common man. Nigerians are in dire need of some comfort.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Benzzle: 8:50am On Jun 06, 2015
barcanista:
from what I read the President is yet to take any paycut but there are "speculations". His spokesman never comfirmed the speculation btw...

When will Baba Declare His Asset?
will his asset make you or your father richer? Calm your balls down...letz give him a month or two after all your GEJ didn't declare his asset don't be a bastard like your father from okrika

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2015
U2ice:
Is he expecting....? Can't he give the order?
Den the next thing for you afterwards is to jump out and tag him a 'dictator'...dnt you knw what democracy means??
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Chinom(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2015
CFCfan:
Its a commendable initiative from Buhari. However, only the RMAFC has the statutory authority to fix the emoluments of public officials.

You just have to bring up this RMAFC crap each time this topic comes up. Are you aware that the president (Buhari) appoints the chairman of RMAFC, then sends him to the senate for approval. The commission itself is under the ministry of finance. Hence PMB can exercise a huge influence on the activities of the RMAFC.

Like the RMAFC, the CBN and even INEC are all independent bodies. But the the president and the finance ministry has a huge input in what the CBN does. As for INEC, I refer you to Maurice Iwu's case. So the president can wield the big stick if the will is there. What we need, and what we expect Buhari to be, is a STRONG president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by darejem4real: 8:52am On Jun 06, 2015
Good start
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Toks2008(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2015
kaorama:
Let this not be a prelude to slashing workers salaries. He can slash his own but should not go near the N18,000 minimum wage. Many Nigerians need employment and I believe reducing cost of governance at the executive, legislative and judicial levels will make more resources available for the good of the common man. Nigerians are in dire need of some comfort.

Habba relax and infact i think he is doing all these so that the minimum wage can increase.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by BluePulse: 8:56am On Jun 06, 2015
bunmititi:

if the dullard from daura can slash his salary,
then he can increase his salary too!

nigeria has really entered one chance
and the fools are applauding!

For a girl with dis lopsided level of reasoning, I pity d men in ur life. Oponu osi.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 06, 2015
Escalze:
And he claims to be poor abi?

Am guessing he has other sources that he would eat from

Ahn ahn!!! Ahn ahn!!!!
"His salary is too much" everybody's complaining
Ok .... he has slashed his salary
Una still dey para

WHAT DO YOU WANT?!!!!!!!
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by BluePulse: 8:58am On Jun 06, 2015
brixton:

Anything is possible with that dullard, he is about to implement all his hate policies from 30years ago

Ur name 4 be dulxton o guy. U no get brain at all...
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Psalmmie001(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2015
ionsman:
Buhari is a man on a mission. ..A man that has the interests of Nigerians at heart. .
Yet another heartache for TANOIDS. ...

If your father is so intelligent, why isnt he the president?

Abeg,, pity him small na grin
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by BluePulse: 9:00am On Jun 06, 2015
omenka:
Absolutely. I'm sure their families wouldn't even notice they died.

These are issues that would have a lot of bearing on the quality of governance, but rather, those nocturnal virmins are much more concerned about Baba taking up residence in Aso rock as though they kept something there which is about to expire.

I recommend he stays away from there for a year at least. Not sleeping inside Aso Rock has no bearing whatsoever on the decisions of government. And if they must sleep there eventually, they must change the fvcking mattress that id+iot used with his wife and Alison. Cluelessness and immorality could be very infectious sometimes.

Ps: Any id+iot who quotes me and talks trash will be ignored.

So u'r scared of being quoted, and u expect anything u say 2 be taken seriously? Where ur papa dey when pple like Buhari dey hussle 4 naija. Ode ni bobo yi sa.....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 06, 2015
dearpreye:
If done, this is go sone way to reduce our overburdened, over bloated recurrent expenditure. It's a welcomed development.

However, his salaries and allowances aren't our major issue. The huge pay doled out to our ineffective and lazy lawmakers is the main problem.

Whichever way, it's a welcomed development.

The legislature is our biggest enemy!

You criticize constructively.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 06, 2015
Very good move by the president. But slashing his salary and that of his wife by half will not have any impact on the economy. I think diversifying i.e not relying on oil alone,recovering stolen funds(loots),reducing importation and especially a downward review of the salaries and allowances of our lawmakers and governors,repairing and refining the crude which we consume locally. With these I think it will go a long way in boosting our economy.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 06, 2015
My able presido,chop kiss kiss#haterz should go and die! tongue
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by pjecly: 9:05am On Jun 06, 2015
I think enough is enough for those clamouring for public declaration of assets. After all, there is laid down rules that guide assets declaration. The man has declared his own and his VP and the work is left for the govt agency in charge to do their work and make it public after 30 days.
Tanoids should go and sleep.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2015
undecidedI guess it would be in secret too just like the declaration of assets cry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by TopHand: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2015
datola:
Slashing from a 3 million salary will not have any real impact on government finance but it is a great leadership by example.

Kudos PMB!
Every little helps, imagine if all senators, house of reps, gov and dep gov cut their wages and allowances by 1/3 that could pay the monthly wages of workers of at least two states, now imagine if all state house of reps and commissoners cut their wages and allowances by 1/3, we are looking at at least total wage bill of 5 states
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by amaben2020(m): 9:09am On Jun 06, 2015
Picture or adonbilivit
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by erumena(m): 9:10am On Jun 06, 2015
Raymondenyi:
I campaigned with all my strength for Mr. President, even at the expense of friendship and my relationship with people.... looking back, I have absolutely no regret, and shall do more dan that, should the opportunity presents itself again...

Sai baba
Sai buhari
Sai the federal republic..

Same here Bro, even my elder in UK won't speak to me for taking my own decision about voting my conscience!

He doesn't see what I see!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by BluePulse: 9:10am On Jun 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
I think you should be more concerned about the raging inferno that is gathering momentum in the Northeast and threatening to spiral out of control and consume the entire North instead of rambling like a rabid dog looking for an e-fight.

Now I know why u'r a truck pusher... U ain't making one sense.
Re: Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. by BluePulse: 9:12am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:
Okay seriously, we could do without "ing" statements....

There's been enough of that going round.

We wanna see action laden headlines!

I hope the Presidency do not intend to run a large chunk of it's administration through the media?

I hope...

And dats all u have 2 say? Na wa o...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldier And Policemen Fight In A Bank In Calabar / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / Osinbajo Admits Approving N640 Billion Oil Contracts For NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.