Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune (38141 Views)

EFCC Grills Micheal Aondoakaa Over $182m Halliburton Fraud - SR / $182m Halliburton Scandal: Buhari Orders Preparation Of Case-file / Leaked Files Link Abdulsalami Abubakar, Chris Garba To $182m Halliburton Bribery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by searay(m): 8:13am On Jun 06, 2015
modath:
PMB too sure! Killing corruption before corruption kills Nigeria.. Friends and foes be damned!! No way forward without "sacred" heads rolling!!

Even if he is unable to totally kill corruption, he will make sure its rendered incapacitated!!!

"I belong to everybody, I belong toNobody" PMB May 29,2015...
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Wildrage: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2015
Story for the gods, whoever expects this govt to probe a scandal involving Abacha, Abdusalami , Obasanjo and Atiku must be high on a special weed laced with DELUSIONAL, MIND ALTERING DRUGS. I guess this is another ploy to keep the gullible happy while the govt dithers, due to obvious lack of preparedness on issues germane to our socio-economic development

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by rabimlomo: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2015
handie:
I can't really say I believe this probe will see the light of the day. There are just too many entrenched interests. Though PMB said he belongs to nobody, there're still some people he won't dare touch. Imagine OBJ, Abdusalam Abubakar and Atiku all going to jail. Realistically, the best we can expeect is a plea bargain and house arrest is the farthest things will go

Even that is good enough rather than just leave them like nothing happened.
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Bright2(m): 8:15am On Jun 06, 2015
The only success to this probe will stand if Nigeria could hand over this probe case to us to handle other wise the success will be as good dead ! Buhari can't handle this corruption case just watch & see.
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by rabimlomo: 8:16am On Jun 06, 2015
Medley:
It's a good step to fighting corruption,but won't be remarkable if the US always give us orders as if we are still a state under their colony. OBJ and atiku,if indicted, i don't need any other reasons not to vote for GMB in 2019

We have some money with them and they are stating the condition for the release of the money undecided
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by erunz(m): 8:17am On Jun 06, 2015
The security source further disclosed to Saturday Tribune that the case file would soon be reopened “and all those who were invited during the investigation will soon appear again."[b][/b]
the case file have not been opened and people are singing praise already. What we need is action from the brainless one and not talk.
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Bolade005: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2015
Firefire:

I am aligned on this decision.

If all corrupted element are brought to justice without selection, Nigeria will be great again.

The alleged corruption with PTF under GMB must also be re-open!

Finito!
Have u been reading the news atall?. Didn't you read when OBJ said he investigated and found out Buhari had nothing to do with the PTF scandal?
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by BOLAUWA: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2015
i dey shame for nigerians.we fear problems and also fear solutions.now we don get president wen ready to cleanse d kwarupt system,some civilians wen know nothing about d mata nor want make him do am,y?.abeg PMB carry go. #maybuharisucceed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by condralbede(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2015
Some where in Nigeria!

Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by darelar(m): 8:21am On Jun 06, 2015
alberto2k:
Sai BABA!

pls kindle don't spare Tinubu and Amaechi undecided
and obasanjo, Jonathan, ngozi, madueke, mama peace cos she was involved in money laundering when they were govr then. Sincerely speaking I doubt if any politicians can escape jail if
They're to be investigated properly

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by McDoe(m): 8:23am On Jun 06, 2015
We cannot expect less. Nigeria is not a banana republic where anything goes. People should be made to account
for misdeeds while in office. This dragnet should also be extended to the corporate/private sector. Whoever
is found wanting should be prosecuted, sentenced and made to forfeit all acquisitions that are unjustifiable
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Mufasa27(m): 8:27am On Jun 06, 2015
I'm happy this case is revisited,OBJ and the rest must rot in prison..
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by worksmart(m): 8:27am On Jun 06, 2015
[size=18pt]8th day with no public sighting of Buhari or his team.

No televised interaction with journalists.

Only USA's chosen Osinbajo and Atiku are talking to journalists and helping to maintain the deception.

What I am saying is Buhari was never handed power, Osinbajo may soon be promoted to president.

In the meantime present him as being incompetent; have you noticed that news media are not clamouring for information from the transition committee about the formation of a cabinet?

The trips to Chad and Niger were made before inauguration before he went to London to visit David Cameron and accompany his children back home for his inauguration.

Have you noticed that every scheduled event involving the leadership of APC has been cancelled for one reason or another?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 06, 2015
Buh honestly ds baba one chance is a funny old grandpa.. shud ds b d first assignment on his books? yea it is a very commendable move buh its not for now, dea are much more important pressing issues. . and to think God's own country wit different mouths on its body is giving order.. lol... pls Baba use big spoon chup wit USA o...
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by ibietela2(m): 8:31am On Jun 06, 2015
Pavore9:
ls it not the case involving Atiku?

OBJ
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by nunzk: 8:35am On Jun 06, 2015
No I'm not, I just commented that u will sooon be able to visit the God of ........politics in the soon to be constructed correction facilities. U cnt be that slow as not to understand my last post, or are u?
Burger01:

Maybe you are simply dull or you just closed your senses to comprehend my postsmiley
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Bizibi(m): 8:37am On Jun 06, 2015
Baba you want to step on your colleague toe ooo.....just fix things,all these probe will cause distractions.......
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by owobokiri(m): 8:44am On Jun 06, 2015
When will he quiz danjuma who has been hyjacking and selling oil wells as if Nigeria is his personal estate.
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Obiwannn: 8:48am On Jun 06, 2015
The American government’s report on the Halliburton bribery scandal had indicted three former Nigerian leaders, a former number two citizen, a minister, intelligence chiefs and corporate giants in the list of bribery beneficiaries. HAHAHAHA. . . ITS ABOUT TO GET MESSY
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by ayusco85(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2015
Medley:
It's a good step to fighting corruption,but won't be remarkable if the US always give us orders as if we are still a state under their colony. OBJ and atiku,if indicted, i don't need any other reasons not to vote for GMB in 2019

Read the OP again. The U.S said b4 they release the money $140million in their custody, buhari ve to investigate the case.
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by yemmynoni: 8:53am On Jun 06, 2015
omenka:
Sometimes I just hate how journalists in this country report news. "A former number two citizen", "two former presidents", bla bla bla. What arrant nonsense. If it were some guy that stole a pack of maggi cubes, they would spell his name and those of his grand parents, maybe include the names of his ancestors, and then put a bold pic of his face on the article you'd think the face is literally joting out of the page! angry

No one must be seen to be above the law. Let all those involved have their day in court and if found guilty, sentenced with hard labour and community service.

When you jail a former president or vice, I don't think a minister or perm sec's child would have the balls to drive around in Lanbos, Ferraris or Panameras.

May God protect Baba for us. Very perilous times lie ahead.

Just as Don Coleone said, a good Pope (President) often has many powerful enemies.
opolo ee o ni doba
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Ramstar: 8:53am On Jun 06, 2015
Medley:
US is not giving order to GMB. The US are in possession of the money and said they can only release it when the culprit are exposed
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by U2ice(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2015
Jetjacky:
you no hear say Na u.s dey tell am wetin em dey do :-/

If dem tell, em refuse to do nko.... U.s go arrest em?
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by jomoh: 9:00am On Jun 06, 2015
This is a very good move but the timing is ill advised. The president is yet to find his feet and stand well and he has already being cajoled to piss of the almighty corrupt cabal that has the capacity to bring down even the most grounded Nigerian President.

The presidency needs to show wisdom when tackling corruption. He is just getting to power and he's about to face-off with the powers that be.

Why not exercise patience and create a strong institutions and strong government before going after this cabal.
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by gbishman: 9:05am On Jun 06, 2015
that is the way to go, if the foreigner who partook in the scandal has served out his prison term why then are the Nigerian culprits still walking freely, justice most prevail if the internationl committee are to take us seriously.
Baba this is the right way to go.
We as Nigerians are solidly behind u
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Blackfire(m): 9:08am On Jun 06, 2015
sosanova:
Halliburton scandal
Obasanjo and Atiku will start pooing in their pants, they and their men were seriously involved in the Halliburton mess. grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin

soon they will be wishing and saying , GEJ we miss u, (though not of a fan of them all)
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by babasanti: 9:09am On Jun 06, 2015
Am a GEj fan but if buhari can arrest obj and atiku and send them to usa then I will personally give buhari 2million votes from rivers state in 2019.
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by gaph38: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2015
Jetjacky:

That is because he asked them to return d over $140m recovered by d US Government.

Do u expect d US to return d money without justice/indictment?
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by bashydemy(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2015
Jetjacky:
It's because he want the money in US back and they gave him condition.. U.S think PMB will be like other past leaders that will not probe the case and them go chop the money.
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 06, 2015
And when the Oputa panel tribunal was opened, buhari refused to show up...
Now he's claiming saint n trying to get others to tribunals...Lol
D destruction/Disintegration of Nigeria may be closer than we think.
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 06, 2015
Zret:
who say PMB WILL NOT PERFORM?

And when the Oputa panel tribunal was opened, buhari refused to show up... Now he's claiming saint n trying to get others to tribunals...
Re: Buhari Reopens $182m Bribery Case-tribune by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:26am On Jun 06, 2015
omenka:
Sometimes I just hate how journalists in this country report news. "A former number two citizen", "two former presidents", bla bla bla. What arrant nonsense. If it were some guy that stole a pack of maggi cubes, they would spell his name and those of his grand parents, maybe include the names of his ancestors, and then put a bold pic of his face on the article you'd think the face is literally joting out of the page! angry

No one must be seen to be above the law. Let all those involved have their day in court and if found guilty, sentenced with hard labour and community service.

When you jail a former president or vice, I don't think a minister or perm sec's child would have the balls to drive around in Lanbos, Ferraris or Panameras.

May God protect Baba for us. Very perilous times lie ahead.

Just as Don Coleone said, a good Pope (President) often has many powerful enemies.
if dis case scale thru, will really support dis govt wholeheartedly n will even recommend a sound probe for the outgone govt.
Case where baba iyabo, atiku, abdulsalami dey involved? Chai na from dis case all cases would be thrown open n thieves of yesteryears forming progressives will be known. Baba u r not also leftout cos if u mess up ur former head of state, he will expose all what nigerians dont knw abt mr integrity.
Chai i need go church go pray concerning dis case. Dis case must scale thru in jesus name, amin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Told Us To Join AD – Bola Ilori (Daily Post) / Ugwuanyi, Pete Edochie, Aki & Others Celebrate Easter With Children (Photos) / Chima Okoro, Twitter User Who Predicted Abuja Attacks Deletes Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.