Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,255 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria (53811 Views)

11 Years Legal Age For Sex Bill: Sen. Chris Anyanwu Sponsored It / Fani-kayode Responds To The 11yrs Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria Passed By Senate / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by hamilton62(m): 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
I don't care to know if PDP or APC signed this but what is bad is bad... on what basis was this bilk signed?
humanely this is wickedness, religiously as Christian it is a taboo or are they trying to tell us that we are all Muslim or without heart and inhumane?
God will definitely judge these selfish and devilish so called fathers who enjoy defiling their great grand daughters.
Please if your religion or conscience doesn't support this could you like and if you do share pls..

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 3:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
TheFreeOne:
Those paedophiles up north will surely rejoice at the passage of that bill.

Nigerians need to rise up against that nonsensical bill before the country gradually turns into a jungle

Common, what are you talking about? Nigeria is already a jungle!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
abbey621:
People shouting up and down yet they don't know the content of the Bill. The Bill does not make it legal to have sex with an 11 year old. It simply dashed out stricter punishment for those caught abusing children under 11 years old. Before the Bill such offenders did not get a life sentence, some never even saw jail time. The biggest problem with most Nairalanders and Nigerians in general is pure ignorance, everything gets done based on emotions instead of knowledge!

Thank you.

That is what I have been telling people

But it seems most people cannot be bothered to actually read ......

The Nigerian Mind is in danger of closure.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by pat077: 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
This man need to invent his own dictionary
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by marv1: 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
agarawu23:
BIG grammars we can't understand until we check our dico. undecided some are not even in the dictionary embarassed
U cant get all those grammar in all those ones except u get the world universal dictionextra. U can find just any word there. More grammar can even be found there. That is what that guy uses. He is a bad guy. U can goggle it.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by izutex007(m): 3:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
Wen our mates in UK and United states pass bills for innovations our house of reps. Are busy passing bills d@ wld endanger the girl child.

I dont blame dem... moral bankrupty remains a disease in 9ja!!!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by ONESS: 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mogidi:
Edited:

This bill was supposed to help defenceless children but it has inadvertently helped paedophiles up north. The age was lowered to guarantee passage but paedophiles up north can now legally defile a child with help from this bill.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1469318_972251_10151521159951977_1632356528_n_jpg07fc3145133eae62c29c91fa1dc34392
Nigerian senator are the most useless of all. Ok lets say we agree for a test we want them all to produce their 11 yrs children, grand children and nieces and let see how this bitter-sour bill will taste in their stupid mouths. Paedophiles. Bokoharams

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by frank4t(m): 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
the Nigerian law is, was and has always remain a design for the benefit of the law makers and not for the masses.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by daxon001(m): 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Dis man really tone down him Grammer pass doze female celebs wey dey tone der skin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by czarr(m): 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
.....I like this guy,cos I love learning new words.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by ONESS: 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
vedd:

Chris Anyanwu sponsored it. So i heard.
Chris anyawu is a Witch. A jezebel for that matter. What would be her state of mind if she is one of the 11yrs girl that hymen is being ruptured by some biggg anaconda. I wish her the agony of these children amen.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by ONESS: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
izutex007:
Wen our mates in UK and United states pass bills for innovations our house of reps. Are busy passing bills d@ wld endanger the girl child.

I dont blame dem... moral bankrupty remains a disease in 9ja!!!
They are suffering from poverty of the mind and conscience.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
Silly and gullible Nigerians from the Nought and South West voted Buhari in and just barely a week after he was elected, a bill allowing 11 year old children to have sex was passed by the Nigerian Senate! It's no surprise because these 2 geo-political zones are known for their high level of child rape and molestation. Animals!

[size=18pt]Last Note: If you were among those who voted for CHANGE, may your 11 year old daughters (Born or Unborn) be deflowered by a HIV-Positive Abokkii IN JESUS NAME...AMEN!![/size]
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by cao(f): 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2015
agarawu23:
BIG grammars we can't understand until we check our dico. undecided some are not even in the dictionary embarassed
The only word I didn't understand was diaphenous, which was misspelt (it should be diaphanous). And checking its meaning, the matter is certainly not light, delicate or translucent...
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by owolawitola(f): 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
This is just insane. 11 years. She might not have reached puberty sef!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
Decryptor:
Silly and gullible Nigerians from the Nought and South West voted Buhari in and just barely a week after he was elected, a bill allowing 11 year old children to have sex was passed by the Nigerian Senate! It's no surprise because these 2 geo-political zones are known for their high level of child rape and molestation. Animals!

[size=18pt]Last Note: If you were among those who voted for CHANGE, may your 11 year old daughter (Born or Unborn) be deflowered by a HIV-Positive Abokkii IN JESUS NAME...AMEN!![/size]

In response.....I ask you to read the actual law.

The link is below here

http://www.scribd.com/doc/267639198/Nigeria-Sexual-Offences-Bill-2013#scribd

I draw your attention to section 7

A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.

A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between the age of sixteen and eighteen years old is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life

That was the law passed on June 3rd 2015.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by andyanders: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
agarawu23:

He speaks in Tongues.Only those in the spirit can understand.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Abumenre(m): 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=34490434]Patrick Obahiagbon has also responded to the new bill passed by Senate, making 11 years the legal age for s na wa oooo madness are in varies oooo
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by samuel19222(m): 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2015
leave that matter,,,,,,

something more important is happening tonight BARCA VS JUVENTUS click like for juve and share for Barca
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Spidermon: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
Na naija we dey. Dem go work out affidavit to declare age of the girl to be 12 years old.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by joseph1832(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
Paedophiles, everybody keeps shouting paedophiles as if they're only seen in the north. Many here in the south have even shagged 10 years old.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Decryptor:

[size=18pt]Last Note: If you were among those who voted for CHANGE, may your 11 year old daughters (Born or Unborn) be deflowered by a HIV-Positive Abokkii IN JESUS NAME...AMEN!![/size]
bros,u dae vex?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
to those of you panicking about the rumors of the Senate passing a bill to make 11 years the legal age for sex, you should pls calm down and stop worrying. it is actually false. Even an insane person would not accept that. The bill actually States severe punishment such as life imprisonment for those caught raping children below 11 yrs. But as u knw those blog and media houses trying to sell their gist twisted the story saying 11 yrs is now d legal age for sex. I wonder when dis bloggers and journalist go gree sense.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by kemthegirl(f): 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
buygala:
Obahiagbon is gradually getting some sense, if he truly wrote this

Even though the vocabulary used is very bogus and unnecessary, I was still able to get his message without suffering a brain trauma, unlike before smiley

APC is indeed bringing sanity into our country embarassed

Btw

A woman, Senator Chris anyanwu, actually sponsored a bill granting freedom to 11-year olds to start fuccking undecided ....

WHO SAID THAT WOMEN ARE NOT THEIR OWN WORST ENEMIES?

My understanding as a lawyer is that the new law does not make having sex with people not above 18 legal as that is statutory rape. that older law has not been repealed. Rather it increases the penalty for those who molest children that are under 11 years of age. so what the legislature has I mind In my opinion is to apply the two laws to sexual offenders. The later being more severe.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Henrhyme4u(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
This man english is constituting nuisance in d society. Op tell patrick to always come down to our level of we wey go to L. A primary skul nd community development secondary school. Anyway i nid dictionary.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
I Love this man owning to his uniqueness in transpiromentring English into shotupanquine pensium. I do understand all his speeches shagrin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by charlesucheh(m): 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
TheFreeOne:

Nigerians need to rise up against that nonsensical bill before the country gradually turns into a jungle
TheFreeOne:

TheFreeOne:

paedophiles/ pedophiles! Which?
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
Clears throat.[b]Clears throat.[/b]Clears throat.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by happiclox: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
Whoever supports dis YERIMA-like bill is nutsss
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by lukas280(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
thuda fire all of una wan say at 11 years make girl dey f.....k,,,, well Na Igbo women sponsor this bill not even yerima of all people,...... hmmmmmm I believed say Na yerima bribe her to sponsor the mumu bill well all of dem pass..... Na me go marry their daughter at age 11
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by ayoromer: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
norther beg for d bill like yairma who marry 13yrs dey even marry 8n9yrs good for d islamic region not us wicked almajiris.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Responds To The 11 Years Legal Age For Sex In Nigeria by agarawu23(m): 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
marv1:
U cant get all those grammar in all those ones except u get the world universal dictionextra. U can find just any word there. More grammar can even be found there. That is what that guy uses. He is a bad guy. U can goggle it.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Govt Starts Distribution Of Palliatives To States / Umar-Jibia's Letter To President-Elect Buhari About The Shiites / "They Just Burnt Our Votes" - Votes On Fire As People Flee In Lagos (video, Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.