Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,894 members, 7,844,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? (11139 Views)

Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb / “mohammed Buba Marwa Delivered The Letter Bomb That Killed Dele Giwa” -- Dr. Tai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2005
Greatpeter , I can not commend you enough for a job well done putting that journal together, that journal need more exposure.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Greatpeter(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2005
A book will be published about that.

Just wait and give me time.

If they put me to jail, I won't care.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2005
Seriously my brother we need to keep intouch. what part of port you dey masa,
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Greatpeter(m): 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2005
Ha! You need to contact me privately for that oo.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by NduGod(m): 11:24am On Oct 27, 2005
We are not telling ourselves the fact [truth] in this forum. Is it because we are afrade of the truth or we don't know the truth? History has made it known to the whole world that it was the then Nigerian minitary head of state Babangida who killed Dele Giwa. which ever means he used is not the case here. l believe l have answered the question. even Fela our great brother and musican said it. Baba kill Dele Giwa if you putam Gida na you tlakam o. you don't need to be told that when you add Baba with Gida authormiticaly you have gotten Babangida.we must always try to say the truth even in distres, this question to me should not be seen as only topic discusion in this forum the same Babangida want to rule us in 2007 why? who know the next peopel he will kill this time may be our bloodly releated releatives. sad
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2005
na true ma brother. we no fit let this man come rule and kill us senselessly again.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Greatpeter(m): 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2005
So what are you doing to stop not only this man in question but also those who kill us silently economically.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2005
by getting the word out and getting more people to read your journal.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by darlingbas(m): 12:20am On Oct 29, 2005
you dont need a priest to give you the anwer, a deaf and blind man knows who killed dele giwa ofcourse it is high bee bee grin
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by feeding(m): 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2005
Everybody have seen and testify the truth about this issue. The truth always be there.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Chxta(m): 9:22pm On Oct 19, 2006
Chxta's World

Dele Giwa was the editor and founder of Newswatch magazine (along with Ray Ekpu, Yakubu Mohammed and Dan Agbese). He was killed by a letter bomb in his home on October 19, 1986. Sadly, it looks like Newswatch is no more.

Today makes it exactly 20 years since his murder, and the killers have never been found. The Nigerian coat of arms was on the outside of the package that did the damage according to reports.

It was a shock to all (or do I say almost all?) Nigerians; a new dimension into killing in Nigeria had just been launched. The reason that his killers haven't been found is clear, and we all know it. The government of the day killed him. Which government? What do we mean by government? Not you, not me. We know that Nigerian government does not necesarily involve the people (although I would also hold the people as culpable for the fact that till this day we have rubbish as our government), the government could be personified in the leader, so when we say government (in 1986), we mean, Ibrahim Babangida, who wants to return to Aso Rock!

It is clear that no individual in Nigeria at the time had access to the kind of technology was used to kill Dele Giwa except the military. According to Giwa's lawyer, Gani Fawenhimi, Giwa had received a call from Halilu Akilu (who was then DG SSS) that morning to confirm if he was in. The story goes on to say that he had information on Gloria Okon. Gloria Okon had been arrested by the Buhari/Idiagbon government for drug trafficking two years earlier, and had died in detention of food poisoning. Who killed Gloria? Investigations were still on when Buhari was toppled. It was rumored that Giwa had information on what actually happened to Gloria Okon, and who was involved. The rumors persist until this day, that Giwa's information implicated the wife of Babangida in the drugs trade with Ms. Okon.

Fast forward to 2001, IBB refused to testify before the Oputa panel about the Giwa murder. No one has been brought to justice for the crime, and now twenty years later, I make bold to say that the Giwa murder has been well and truly swept under the carpet.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by lewa(m): 12:09am On Oct 20, 2006
@Chxta
Let's see.One day angry
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 2:52am On Oct 20, 2006
Chxta Thanks for that post, Dele Giwa hero to Nigerians, he died for a good cause, and because of his death we will stop IBB and make him pay for his atrocities, i was a kid when dele Giwa died in 86 and I saw his Mother wept on TV. everything that is in the dark will come to the open. I am still surprised at all the military personnel that was involved in the issue are still on the HUSH HUSH to protect this evil man, but hold tight, things will get interesting now as the election gets closer, MIKE AHIGBE, EBITU EKIWE AND IBB all in the same regime wants to be president now, they will start letting the dirty laundry out by exposing each other, we are yet to see things unfold.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2006
"Twenty years after the charismatic journalist was parcel-bombed to an early grave, the questions on the lips of Nigerians are: When will justice be done? When will those who killed Giwa face justice? When will the guilty pay for the blood of the innocent?
Sooner than later, we expect, because as Giwa himself puts it : No evil done by man to man will go unpunished. "
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by BigB11(m): 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2006
Who killed Dele Giwa?
Who killed Bola Ige?
Who killed Funsho Williams? and on and on.

This is Nigeria, where citizens' security is diluted. This is why one must know when to go underground and secure your own life to the best of your ability. You can not rely on Nigerian government to protect you; People's security is not the top priority for Nigerian government.

There are many unanswered questions, it will be uncivilized, unfair and irrational to point finger at any one at this point.

Instead of rehashing the past, a new security strategy that will protect the citizens should be implemented.

May all these folks rest in peace.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by egbon(m): 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2006
@ Big B1

Please let us focus on the question at hand - Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved?
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by BigB11(m): 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2006
EGBON: And how long have you been asking the same question? = 20 years

Between 1986 and 2006, how many other people died in that kind of mysterious manner? = Many people.

Dude, wake up, this is Nigeria, not America. There will be some questions that will never have any answer. This may be because we are still underdeveloped or corrupt leaders. Whatever it may be, we should find a better solution to prevent this from happening again; instead of rehashing on things that will never have an answer, let's force Nigerian government to list citizens security as an important priority.

Only God knows who is responsible and he will be the perfect one to pass the judgment.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2006
Big B1 this is a prime example why you and I always disagree we all know who kill Dele Giwa, It was IBB, and how dare you classify Dele Giwa in the same group as politicians, Bola Ige and Funsho Williams are politicians, Dele was only doing his job and trying to exposed the connection between Maryam Babangida and Gloria Okon. He was killed mysteriously. Gloria Okon was poison in jail, dude wake up that was the beginning of mercenary killing in Nigeria, lets ask the valid questions , why did IBB fail to testify at the Oputa panel on the issue? who at that time has access to the sophisticated weapon used, your answer lead to one man IBB.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by BigB11(m): 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2006
You can't ready, hence no comment for you, my friend.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by egbon(m): 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2006
@ Big B1

Are you suggesting that IBB had no input in Dele Giwa's death? What does America have to with this?? My broda, this is really a simple question Who Killed Dele Giwa? and Was IBB Involved? Oh my goodness 

@ Greatpeter

I really enjoyed your writing on "Owners of Nigeria" I look forward to buying a copy of your book someday wink
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by BigB11(m): 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2006
Calm down, it's not that serious.
Since you are the EGBON the oldest tree in town, please go ahead and tell who kill Dele Giwa.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 12:49am On Oct 21, 2006
I've said it before and I'm saying it again, all fingers point to the Govenment of MR IBB. We know who Gloria Okon is and how she died in Prison. BigB1 You and I know your dad had hands in this killing to protect your mom, its been 20 years since this Dele Giwa has been killed, and his soul is screamng from his grave for justice and pretty soon we will get it. One day retire Mj Gen.Togun will speak
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by BigB11(m): 2:42am On Oct 21, 2006
I think EGBON has the answer.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 3:13am On Oct 21, 2006
BigB1 what happened to Greatpeter haven't been around for a while. i hope IBB didn't get to him before he publish that book
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2006
Ask your self these questions who killed dikibo and the Acd aspirant that died in Jos and all those that was killed since the inception of democracy have we heard anything about it No Odeku i think you are not surpose to be talking because your Relation is the police boss I mean the Inspector general of police and he is still the serving I.G till date iam talking of ehindero, when most politicians where killed what has he done to unravel the muder, the unjustified arrest and assult on Journalist, nothing. Still you are busy fighting IBB on the pages of naira land why, My Big bro remove the spek from your eyes first if you can then Come back to the house and ask Questions. Umtil then take this tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2006
BUSHFELLOW  i wont succumb myself to your standard and trade words with you, I like talking to the elite and people that can reason, obviously you are excluded from this group. so BITCH be GONE. we are talking of a HERO MR DELE GIWA an not politicians, WTF freaking CHINCHIN MAN
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by BigB11(m): 5:19am On Oct 22, 2006
It so sad to see how low you comport yourself, ODEKU.

The type of word you use shows a-lot in terms of your background, up bringing and standard.

For real, you need to chill and stop acting like a low life.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by omofineboy(m): 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2006
IBB supposedly killed Dele Giwa, but who killed Bola Ige?
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2006
Big B1  can you define a low Life?  a prime example of a low life will be IBB someone who stole from a great nation and killed with no remorse, and any one like you that support him will be classify as a low life ass well.  you and I go way back I can careless for that gay BUSHFELLOW I see you already recruit him on your team.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 2:00am On Oct 28, 2006
Odeku we all know who killed dele giwa, now answer this questions who killed bola ige, hary marshal. Is omisore the person that was fingered as the murderer of Ige not enjoying in the senate for your information he won his senetorial seat without campaining let me remind that Obasanjo and atiku said it on television that he Omisore was PDP candidate when he was still facing trial and still in prison. Odeku be real for once and Grow to face the truth on ground.
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by Odeku(m): 11:53pm On Oct 30, 2006
PUNK BUSHFELLOW quit referencing my name you are a disgrace and a sell out to Nigeria, any man that will sell his soul for money need to be pea and shit on, and you nothing but a scumbag, so you have been fast forward
Re: Who Killed Dele Giwa? Was IBB Involved? by BigB11(m): 2:51am On Oct 31, 2006
Let's probe ODEKU's father, may be he knows something.

ODEKU is your father clean or he's just another show me your patikulas folk?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Ministry Of Humanitarian Affairs Shows Its Credentials / Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR) / PHCN & Blackout ,When It Rains: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.