Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? (1075 Views)

I Just Found Out My Girlfriend Is A Prostitute / Guys Can You Fall In Love With A Chick 5yrs Older Than You? / My Girlfriend Of 5yrs Said She Is An "EMERE" And I Dont Know The Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
I have dated this lady for about 4months. When we newly met, I told her my age and ask for hers; and she told me she is a year younger than me. I believed her.
Today, I was going through some of her stuffs she left in the house and stumble into her baptismal card, the birth year there shows she is five years older than me...I don't know what her intentions are . But , this really makes me feel bad.

Would you carry on with the relationship after discovering such lie ?
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Cutehector(m): 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
no! i cant compromise. its too eaRLY FOR Lies. what will then happen if u two get married.
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by amnesty7: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
When you love me and I love you
Then both of us are born anew.
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by semasir: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2015
She missed it all starting with that lie but who cares about age if genuine love us there.....
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by missKiffy(f): 9:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
Talk to her about it
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Enegod(m): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
if they'll lie about something so simple like that, I'd say "deal breaker"

That's a major character flaw. I won't be in a relationship where there is no trust undecided

But I believe in second chance. Test her again! smiley
Ask her what size of bra she wears and when you take it off before sex, check the size. If she lied about it, for God sake dump her and move on! angry
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Jenny1010(f): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2015
5years? She is your Aunty, show some respect undecided

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Cutehector(m): 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
Jenny1010:
5years? She is your Aunty, show some respect undecided
lol wat abt iara fortez and oshiomhole na. shey him be her great grand father
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by justmag(m): 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
If she can lie about something as basic as age then there's no telling what else she could lie about.. Keep it moving player.
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Rosemary216(f): 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
Any relationship founded on lies z headed for DOOM!!! U dnt knw wat else she has lied abt. Bt if u confront her and she gives u gud reasns y she lied (mayb cos she z scared dat u may nt want to date her if u knew she was older) and u are ok wit it den u may figure sumtin out.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
follow your heart...dah is wah matters
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Brugo(m): 9:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
Confront her. But na wa for you. 5 years difference will be obvious na. The way she talks; the maturity of her friends; the look on her face especially around the eyes.

She obviously likes you a lot. It's not everyday you fall in love with someone who would love you to the extent of overlooking a strong barrier like age. Don't let it Piss you off.

1 Like

Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by cowgirl9090: 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
Enegod:
if they'll lie about something so simple like that, I'd say "deal breaker"

That's a major character flaw. I won't be in a relationship where there is no trust undecided

But I believe in second chance. Test her again! smiley
Ask her what size of bra she wears and when you take it off before sex, check the size. If she lied about it, for God sake dump her and move on! angry

grin grin grin

OP he is right you know wink
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Ibsgal(f): 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
People who usually lie about their age do so due to insecurity and/or vanity, and most lie about more than one thing. Sometimes we let our insecurities get the best of us, and she probably thought that if she hadn't lie, you would not want to be with her. You said that you do not know what her intentions were, then ask her. If you find the answers she gives you satisfactory, continue to foster the relationship. If you do not, well you know what to do.
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Enegod(m): 10:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
cowgirl9090:

grin grin grin
OP he is right you know wink
cool cool
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
I have dated this lady for about 4months. When we newly met, I told her my age and ask for hers; and she told me she is a year younger than me. I believed her.
Today, I was going through some of her stuffs she left in the house and stumble into her baptismal card, the birth year there shows she is five years older than me...I don't know what her intentions are . But , this really makes me feel bad.

Would you carry on with the relationship after discovering such lie ?
the bolded part makes me feel you cooked up the story just to create a thread.

Disadvantages Of Being Beautiful

Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by kahara(m): 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
@Op:why must you be discouraged? lt's too early to develop a cold feet if u askd me. Even though I'm not in support of her lyin about her age,count it as one. Carry on man . But,in a relationship u don't only see u observe as well.
Re: I Just Found Out She Is 5yrs Older Than Me. What Should I Do Now? by Emodeee: 11:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
Must age be a barrier? She loves u and u love her, dats all. She lied cos of the reason u created this thread. Now that u've found out her real age, u r contemplating whether u should leave her or not. She lied cos she is afraid of losing u.

Does she even look her age? M sure she looks younger dan her age, so what's the big deal?

Will u go about to tell people that your g.f is older dan u? Sure u won't do dat.

(1) (Reply)

Please Be Honest And Choose One.. / 5 Ways To Care For A Sick Spouse / 7 S3x Positions Men Love MOST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.