Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,695 members, 7,837,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says (16224 Views)

Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" / EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / Governor Akpabio Of Akwa-ibom State Spotted While Casting His Vote (pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by softnipples(f): 9:28am On Jun 08, 2015
In your dreams
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Kangol99(m): 9:28am On Jun 08, 2015
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Hotdiamond(m): 9:28am On Jun 08, 2015
The next article about this guy will read thus
"Akpabio opens private University in Akwa Ibom State"

Watch out
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by heryyy(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2015
After Visiting Babcock University For The First Time Yesterday, I Think He Is Right

3 Likes

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by lexy070(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2015
Why won't u say so. When u knw de state of govt owned university and u did noting 2 improve it. But u have 2 classify de private university's dat re good cos not up 2 half of dem in de country can compare 2 most federal uni in de country.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Kangol99(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2015
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Holyfield1(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2015
Fool!...This stewpeed man is saying this cox he was invited to Babcock's graduation yesterday,came with his helicopter and saw how lively nd interesting it was

Na in dey make him talk trash....Yeye man!!!

1 Like

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 08, 2015
kilode100:
He didn't lie.
Most people complain about PU because they can't afford it.

Sharat to Randito! kiss

and that's not actually TRUE.
Most people in PU struggle tooth and nail just pay their fees.

Truth be told; there are alot of wealthy people in fed/state universities than there are in PU.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by LaudGuy: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2015
Though it could be contested, but this fact is obvious. The entire public educational system needs an overhaul.

The buhari administration must #ReviveOurPublicSchools.

Meanwhile:

*A sizzling Hot Mixtape will be dropping on Nairaland on 31-12-15*
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2015
Nenysallout:
akpabio

How much do d two cost?
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Emade(m): 9:31am On Jun 08, 2015
This is d people we call leader God will help us
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2015
Mattkent:

How much do d two cost?
promo sale.s : 60k
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 08, 2015
Nairalandar:
WHAT ABOUT PRIVATE-PUBLIC UNIVERSITY LIKE MY BETTER BY FAR UNILORIN?
What are you saying, for Christ's sake? Are you speaking french or latin?
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 08, 2015
Nenysallout:
promo sale.s : 60k

I tot d tablet is arnd 37k
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by jeremiahmarcus9(m): 9:41am On Jun 08, 2015
Buy a bag of dangote cement obajana factory plant , kogi state @#1000. purchase a trailer load of DANGOTE CEMENT at a low factory price #1000 per bag. we deliver to any pary of the country upon the customer(s) order, Delivered to your door step.*product:DANGOTE CEMENT(50KG)*ORIGIN:DANGOTE FACTORY.PRICE PER BAG;#1000 NAIRA ONLY,*TRAILER LOAD QTY:600 OR 900 BAGS. DURATION of delivery after order:2days *Transportation cost:depends on distance or your state Contact us now to place your order *TELEPHONE :08063268251, 07085831027. *EMAIL :dangotecementfactoryobajana@gmail.com

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Chibokgame: 9:42am On Jun 08, 2015
Off course, it's the truth!!

But I know sentimentalists will start judging him based on his own state university.

And i also know that Akwa Ibom state university is not the only state owned university in the country.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 08, 2015
Mattkent:

I tot d tablet is arnd 37k
the tab is 38 while smart watch is 35k.. promo for the pair goes for 60 sir
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Lasgidy1(m): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2015
How does this equate a dollar to naira?
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by ijustdey: 9:48am On Jun 08, 2015
speaking as if he isn't part of the leaders that made public university look like what they are today
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 08, 2015
Godswill Obot Akpabio why are you talking like an illiterate. You're a product of one of the so called public universities and now all you could do is to critisize the status of this institutions, instead of joining hand in upgrading the Educational sector. Well, I doubt the authenticity of the result you made from UNICAL,you might have earned that result through a dubious means because that's the only way you can rate Private Uni ahead of Public ones.

Well, for what we are passing through here, even the students and lecturers of the so called private uni knew they are far behind us.

1 Like

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by oc2fish: 9:49am On Jun 08, 2015
People like this Governor should be taking to China and put into trials for none performance. How can someone with opportunity to change the status of his state University say such thing. I am speechless on the type of ignorant people that has being given mantle of leadership in Nigeria.

Well on the issue of Private University being better than Public University; The lecturers in federal and state Universities are the one doing Pp at the Private universities. The best brains are in the public schools and at best do part time job in the private schools.

As i speak over 2000 academic staff (lecturers)are in UK and top Asian universities for M.Sc, PhD and post PhD's . This once are sponsored by the TETFUND and their Universities. No private University can and will do this. This staffs return and give their best to their public University while work at the private University remain Pp level.

2 Likes

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2015
dejt4u:
Private Nigerian universities better than public ones, ex-Governor Akpabio says

Private universities in Nigeria are better than public ones, a former state governor has said.
Godswill Akpabio, who governed oil rich Akwa Ibom State for 8 years, stated this on Sunday at the 13th undergraduate and 14th postgraduate convocation of Babcock University.
The immediate past Akwa Ibom governor was awarded a honourary doctorate degree in Global Economic Development by the university at the event held at the university stadium,Ilishan in Ogun State.
“I want to say here that private universities are better than the other universities and I want to also say that when graduate(s) of privately owned universities present their certificates,they have more opportunities to be considered for employment,” the governor said without providing any evidence for his statement or stating why he could not make the Akwa Ibom State University as good as its private counterparts for the eight years he ruled the state.

Mr. Akpabio also advised the graduating students to be responsible ambassadors of the university especially as their university is owned by a church.
“Ensure you turn out to be good products of the university. Allow God to go with you; in your future allow God to be with you,” he said. “I remain the only governor in Nigeria who drew his people to God. I have the largest choir in the country called Governor Akpabio Unity Choir.”

The former governor listed the achievements of his administration to include a state e-library, road construction and a standard stadium.
He said he agreed to accept the award because of the respect he has for the university, as he had rejected similar offers by other universities.
“I received Babcock University award because its foundation is built on God,” he said while stating that he did not lobby for the award.

The university graduated 1,416 students at the ceremony, including popular hip-hop singer, Davido, and Ikenna Ntomchukwu, son of Ogun State Commissioner of Police.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184498-private-nigerian-universities-better-than-public-ones-ex-governor-akpabio-says.html

lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun

The same private university that gave Davido a Second class upper? Lol

1 Like

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by digitsolution: 9:55am On Jun 08, 2015
Funny enough it's just the naked truth. Many castigate private schools because they can't afford it. But doesn't sound too cool coming directly from an Ex-Governors mouth.

Do contact us for all your branding and customization we deliver nationwide.

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by alfredfrddy(m): 9:59am On Jun 08, 2015
The useless governor is talking out of senselessness. As a person, he only passed through school and the school never pass through him just like those that will concur to his stupidity. What did he do as a governor to improve the standard of his state owned university? Mediocre of a governor, little wonder why he could only build only bridges and hotels in 8 years. Where are the 31 industries you promised? Did you fail to deliver because you went to a public school? Charge and bail; unbaked lawyer. May God pay you in your own coin.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by spencekat(m): 10:00am On Jun 08, 2015
Some of the private universities are better than some of the government owned universities.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Hydy(m): 10:00am On Jun 08, 2015
It's crazy how Nairalanders resort to insults and abuses,..we dey vex o!. The govt. is always to blame for Public University woes, yet we all have uncles, aunties or parents, if not ourselves as Administrative and Academic heads in those institutions.

1 Like

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Lasgidy1(m): 10:01am On Jun 08, 2015
That's true to a large extent. PUs don't observe strikes like public universities do. Victimization, harassment and cultism are also very dominant in most public schools. Lecturers in most public uni often treat students in Dis school with disdain.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2015
kilode100:
He didn't lie.
Most people complain about PU because they can't afford it.

Sharat to Randito! kiss
Before u talk, let me ask u one question if u don't mind, how many recruitment exercise have u witnessed? I've been priviledged to be one of the panel for one. If u haven't attend any, there is no need discussing with u over this, because u obviously wnt appreciate those areas of priority.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Trick1587: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2015
Because the University no dey him village

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ganduje Promises To Welcome Back Kwankwaso To APC If… / Orji Uzor Kalu Emerges Head Of African Parliamentary Union / Pantami Orders Probe Of Payment For Digital Identity Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.