Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,064 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says (16228 Views)

Atiku: "My Secondary School Students Better Than Public Universities Students" / EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / Governor Akpabio Of Akwa-ibom State Spotted While Casting His Vote (pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by jaytee01(m): 3:21pm On Jun 08, 2015
dejt4u:
Private Nigerian universities better than public ones, ex-Governor Akpabio says

Private universities in Nigeria are better than public ones, a former state governor has said.
Godswill Akpabio, who governed oil rich Akwa Ibom State for 8 years, stated this on Sunday at the 13th undergraduate and 14th postgraduate convocation of Babcock University.
The immediate past Akwa Ibom governor was awarded a honourary doctorate degree in Global Economic Development by the university at the event held at the university stadium,Ilishan in Ogun State.
“I want to say here that private universities are better than the other universities and I want to also say that when graduate(s) of privately owned universities present their certificates,they have more opportunities to be considered for employment,” the governor said without providing any evidence for his statement or stating why he could not make the Akwa Ibom State University as good as its private counterparts for the eight years he ruled the state.

Mr. Akpabio also advised the graduating students to be responsible ambassadors of the university especially as their university is owned by a church.
“Ensure you turn out to be good products of the university. Allow God to go with you; in your future allow God to be with you,” he said. “I remain the only governor in Nigeria who drew his people to God. I have the largest choir in the country called Governor Akpabio Unity Choir.”

The former governor listed the achievements of his administration to include a state e-library, road construction and a standard stadium.
He said he agreed to accept the award because of the respect he has for the university, as he had rejected similar offers by other universities.
“I received Babcock University award because its foundation is built on God,” he said while stating that he did not lobby for the award.

The university graduated 1,416 students at the ceremony, including popular hip-hop singer, Davido, and Ikenna Ntomchukwu, son of Ogun State Commissioner of Police.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184498-private-nigerian-universities-better-than-public-ones-ex-governor-akpabio-says.html

lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun
So the other governors drew their people to the devil......shameless megalomaniac!
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Fourwinds: 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
lifezone247:
I knw this man, he is trying to build one with akwa ibom looting money, watch out.
my thinking too. Only waiting to spend two years in d senate before actualising it

1 Like

Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
mrvitalis:
And how is ur state university after 8yrs of your rulership... .

And who should we blame for that

Akwa Ibom state never had a state university, bt he started 1, pump bilions in2 d project, AKUTECH is a place 2 b. with d Ibom e-library he built, a perfect ground av been created 2 blend d accademic steps.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by tefund(m): 5:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
dejt4u:
Private Nigerian universities better than public ones, ex-Governor Akpabio says

Private universities in Nigeria are better than public ones, a former state governor has said.
Godswill Akpabio, who governed oil rich Akwa Ibom State for 8 years, stated this on Sunday at the 13th undergraduate and 14th postgraduate convocation of Babcock University.
The immediate past Akwa Ibom governor was awarded a honourary doctorate degree in Global Economic Development by the university at the event held at the university stadium,Ilishan in Ogun State.
“I want to say here that private universities are better than the other universities and I want to also say that when graduate(s) of privately owned universities present their certificates,they have more opportunities to be considered for employment,” the governor said without providing any evidence for his statement or stating why he could not make the Akwa Ibom State University as good as its private counterparts for the eight years he ruled the state.

Mr. Akpabio also advised the graduating students to be responsible ambassadors of the university especially as their university is owned by a church.
“Ensure you turn out to be good products of the university. Allow God to go with you; in your future allow God to be with you,” he said. “I remain the only governor in Nigeria who drew his people to God. I have the largest choir in the country called Governor Akpabio Unity Choir.”

The former governor listed the achievements of his administration to include a state e-library, road construction and a standard stadium.
He said he agreed to accept the award because of the respect he has for the university, as he had rejected similar offers by other universities.
“I received Babcock University award because its foundation is built on God,” he said while stating that he did not lobby for the award.

The university graduated 1,416 students at the ceremony, including popular hip-hop singer, Davido, and Ikenna Ntomchukwu, son of Ogun State Commissioner of Police.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184498-private-nigerian-universities-better-than-public-ones-ex-governor-akpabio-says.html

lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun

as if we dont know
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by hakeem4(m): 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
Adezy1:

U mean even an average or poor man child should also go to the school?
I know oyedepo give scholarships sha
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by seunfape(m): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
he was reffering to state uni.great umudyke.who born private uni.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2015
he built a world class stadium when he knew hr could have built a world class university for human capacity building..... misplaced priority.... will olevel admission seekers be granted admission in a stadium after writing jamb?
kai our politicians self ..to gv publix speech ma na war. .
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by dawtune(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
Linqsz:

and that's not actually TRUE.
Most people in PU struggle tooth and nail just pay their fees.

Truth be told; there are alot of wealthy people in fed/state universities than there are in PU.
you're a joke.
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by lordus01(m): 1:07am On Jun 09, 2015
Akwa Ibom state university is doing well , far better than most federal and state uni .
Re: Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says by nigeriacustom60(f): 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
SLASHES DOWN OWN PRICE OF CEMENT BY 40%.
Dangote Cement ,Obajana ,Kogi state is proud to inform the general public that the price of dangote cément 3x (50 kg)42.5R has been drastically slashed down to a minimum promo price of #1000 per bag.Interested buyers,distributors,contractors ,wholesalers and retailers are hereby advice to contact JEREMIAH MARCUS on 08063268251 for more information and to make a request.
Note: This is only open to person or persons buying above hundred bags.*!!'""CALL 08063268251 OR follow this link to register http://dangote.com/downloads/Dangote-Cement-Application-Registration-Form-2015 pdf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Being Unfair, I Never Betrayed Anyone! / I Was Not Kicked Out Of The VIP Box At The PDP Convention - Olisa Metuh Reacts / Edo 2020: PDP Mounts Pressure On Obaseki To Defect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.