Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... (7298 Views)

Everything You Didn't Notice In Buhari's Latest Photos - Ynaija / A Pastor A "Netanyahu" & A Former Editor: Meet Buhari's Latest Appointees / Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by PointB: 8:40am On Jun 09, 2015
Alore:

Thank you omonnakoda. Yours is deeper, more insightful, patriotic and tells a true story that every good Nigerian can relate with.
The OP's submission? A misapplied giftedness that actually displayed the infantile and bigoted thinking of an otherwise talented wordsmith!

The jury is out bros. But I stand firm on my words.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by MalcoImX: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2015
PointB:

Thanks for your candor.

I believe we may have to conduct an ultimate search for that golden picture of Buhari not looking away, not looking lost in the midst of these other great(er) men and women! hehehehe.

He's not just comfortable among his better!
And somebody was looking down, ... and that's perfect, ...because his name is not Buhari. The one to the right of Merkel wouldn't return to his country if he were Buhari. Arrangements in pictures are mostly impromptu, but had Buhari stayed behind, it would mean he's relegated. Man, you have nothing good to say about Buhari and if you'd said that straight you'd most likely be understood.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by PointB: 9:01am On Jun 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
And somebody was looking down, ... and that's perfect, ...because his name is not Buhari. The one to the right of Merkel wouldn't return to his country if he were Buhari. Arrangements in pictures are mostly impromptu, but had Buhari stayed behind, it would mean he's relegated. Man, you have nothing good to say about Buhari and if you'd said that straight you'd most likely be understood.

Actually, I couldn't care about the others in the picture, not even the overconfident Obama.

Consider this response to your trashy submission as a gift. It won't come so generously next time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by MalcoImX: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2015
anonimi:

The old pensioner don try already oh with all the PACKAGING during campaign and Fashola as his chaperone in the delegation.

However packaging can only take you so far with a BAD product!
anonimi be like: 'I am saying all these because I don't want my Oga to be the new pensioner. If he'd trounced that Buhari at the polls, we wouldn't be in this pathetic situation.'

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by MalcoImX: 9:17am On Jun 09, 2015
PointB:

Actually, I couldn't care about the others in the picture, not even the overconfident Obama.

Consider this response to your trashy submission as a gift. It won't come so generously next time.

Can somebody who stands spiritually on a weak ground do anything but self destruct. I dare you.
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by omonnakoda: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2015
PointB:

Nice retort bros.
Unfortunately, you are looking at (or yearning for) an alternate universe. In this universe, in this world, on this planet, Buhari's poise (lack of it actually) inspires no confidence, and portray a man struggling to fit in.

Not a million words, can change the picture we all see.

Look at him again, and look at others.

The difference is clear.
You look nay you stare
with disdainful glare
So you cannot see
but project with hircine glee
on a a hateful screen
morbid thoughts from within
foul verbigeration
posing as prose
Are carpenters and sculptors
hewn from the same log
Are the tentacles
of the Mollusc as
the horns of a ram

1 Like

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by SimeonD: 9:27am On Jun 09, 2015
Just be reason able in your thinking
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by PointB: 9:36am On Jun 09, 2015
omonnakoda:

You look nay you stare
with disdainful glare
So you cannot see
but project with glee
on a a hateful screen
mere verbigeration
posing as prose
hewn from the same bog

I spake,
Not of self
Nor for self
But that all might see
That mighty Buhari
Is not mighty
Amidst his bosses

I spake, not my mind
But that of all
Big, and small
Who will not fret
But say
Without let,
Without hindrance
What they see,
When they behold
Our prominent dullard
From Duara land

I spake,
Only what we hear
The picture spake
Of a President
Who fidgets
Amongst betters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by omonnakoda: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2015
PointB:

I spake,
Not of myself
Nor for self
But that all might see
That mighty Buhari
Is not might
Amidst his bosses

I spake, not my mind
But that of all
Big, and small
Who will not fret
But say
Without let,
Without hindrance
What they see,
When they behold
Our prominent dullard
From Duara land

I spake,
Only what we hear
The picture spake
Of a President
Who fidgets
Amongst betters

What is this ?
Is the making of verse
now defined by the terse
or the laconic
Is writing a short sentence
What a poem makes
Get thee gone
and find work that is meet
for your idle hands
a pretender of the noble art thou art
a phony ersatz may fool the rabble
crude words of a rude mind
are not verse
just indulgence of the dense
reacquaint thy lips and bind
them in permanent embrace
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by MalcoImX: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2015
omonnakoda:

You look nay you stare
with disdainful glare
So you cannot see
on a a hateful screen
foul verbigeration
posing as prose
hewn from the same log
Are the tentacles
of the Mollucs as
the horns of a ram
You don't even have to write anything to defend yourself. Thirteen lines and the amanuensis is gasping for breath. These thirteen souvenir, evergreen lines have done everything.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by dabigwalls: 10:10am On Jun 09, 2015
Unbelievable. The humanoids of NL deserve an award. This guy is funny. The last lines of your poem qualify you definitely for a Nobel Rugs award men!
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by Jmain: 10:16am On Jun 09, 2015
Image123:
Wow, now that's depth @omonnakoda.

Lolz . . . .Some real back patting "depth" here . . . . .It is allowed jare . . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by RAPMAN02(m): 10:27am On Jun 09, 2015
My year 6 nephew would write a better poem. Oponu
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by after1: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

Now that you have expressed your useless, irrelevant rant, is there any chance that you are capable & willing to address the issues I raised in my post that you quoted

Thanks.
[/s]

Shutup
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by franugo(m): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
I can never call that abokki my president
Satan forbid

and u think anyone cares for what you think
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by anonimi: 11:31am On Jun 09, 2015
PointB:

Thanks for your candor.

I believe we may have to conduct an ultimate search for that golden picture of Buhari not looking away, not looking lost in the midst of these other great(er) men and women! hehehehe.

He's not just comfortable among his better!

Brainless Buhari don dey do like houseboy to pale skinned people nor be today. The man even try small thanks to Chaperone Fashola who was drafted at the last minute to be in his delegation.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2015632_buhariignored14_jpegb7e8701bab7f5ae06537837721bc3bf4

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by internetpo(m): 11:42am On Jun 09, 2015
PointB:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2494318_img20150608130721_jpegbbee8681944eb10d3378d778e470f50a

There he stands
His hands,
Hidden from sights
That men, who stood before him
Might not behold
How he trembles

There he stands
Awkwardly,
Like a fish
Out of water,
Longing, not for the penetrating rays
Of light, of eyes
But the dark slimy abode

There he stands
Hidden in plain sight
Behind dark glasses,
Dodging peering eyes
Like a hermit crab

There he stands
Looking
Not at others
But away from all
Perhaps, that none might ask
Why he gallivants
While Borno burns

There he stands
Among others
Too engrossed to mingle
With my president,
Buhari, of One Chance
The prominent dullard
From Duara

There he stands
Alone
In a crowd!

You no well. grin I like your poetic skills though.
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by TheOtherview: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2015
omonnakoda:

You look nay you stare
with disdainful glare
So you cannot see
on a a hateful screen
foul verbigeration
posing as prose
hewn from the same log
Are the tentacles
of the Mollusc as
the horns of a ram

What brand is your poison bro?
This rejoinder deserves at least a carton, in my view wink
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by TheOtherview: 11:52am On Jun 09, 2015
MalcoImX:

You don't even have to write anything to defend yourself. Thirteen lines and the amanuensis is gasping for breath. These thirteen souvenir, evergreen lines have done everything.

There is no gainsaying that omonnakoda's piece locates PointB's earlier rant as the stuff of playground cheesy

PointB, no be fight o...
I am too busy at the moment for e-pugilism grin

But eh, you cannot knock the hustle of a quintessential hustler.
omonnakoda takes the home run in this battle of wits tongue
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by Ngokafor(f): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
TheOtherview:

There is no gainsaying that omonnakoda's piece locates PointB's earlier rant as the stuff of playground cheesy

PointB, no be fight o...

...Copy cats with zero originality,stop consoling yourselves cheesy grin

....all off a sudden you have all(apc supporters) turned to poets and critics of poetry..una no dey shame.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by TheOtherview: 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ngokafor:

...Copy cats with zero originality,stop consoling yourselves cheesy grin

....all off a sudden you have all(apc supporters) turned to poets and critics of poetry..una no dey shame.

^^^Who is this upstart? angry
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by PointB: 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
anonimi:

B[b]rainless Buhari don dey do like houseboy to pale skinned people nor be today[/b]. The man even try small thanks to Chaperone Fashola who was drafted at the last minute to be in his delegation.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2015632_buhariignored14_jpegb7e8701bab7f5ae06537837721bc3bf4

Very well observed brother.
wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by MalcoImX: 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
TheOtherview:

PointB, no be fight o...

Yeah, omonnakoda is the man. More grease to his elbows.
Feel the flow here.
You look nay you stare
with disdainful glare
So you cannot see
on a a hateful screen
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
franugo:

and u think anyone cares for what you think

apparently, you do
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by Malawian(m): 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
omonnakoda:

What is this ?
Is the making of verse
now defined by the terse
or the laconic
Is writing a short sentence
What a poem makes
Get thee gone
and find work that is meet
for your idle hands
a pretender of the noble art thou art
a phony ersatz may fool the rabble
crude words of a rude mind
are not verse
just indulgence of the dense
reacquaint thy lips and bind
them in permanent embrace
point b is speaking in poetry, you are speaking in prose.
we know who the higher mind is.
give it up jare.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by franugo(m): 9:08am On Jun 10, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

apparently, you do

nah
Re: Buhari Latest Photo - There He Stands... by PointB: 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
Malawian:

point b is speaking in poetry, you are speaking in prose.
we know who the higher mind is.
give it up jare.

You dey mind the guy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NEMA Welcomes Baby In Malkohi IDP Camp, Yola (Photos) / Video: Nnamdi Kanu Surfaces Again After Nigerian Army Invaded His Home / The Inauguration Of Governance Support Group(gsg), South East Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.