Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,446 members, 7,850,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year (43396 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / FG Reduces Oil Imports As Production Begins In Warri, Kaduna Refineries / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
bukster:

SS
$75B

SW
$79B
SW without Lagos
$46B

SE
$37B

NC
$30B
NC + FCT
$35B

NW
$44B

NE
$22B
source: http://services.gov.ng/states

source: http://www.naij.com/401470-see-the-10-poorest-states-in-nigeria.html

The SW does well in both statistical data and is probably the region that is trying the hardest to reduce its dependence of oil. If the Yorubas contributed so little to SW GDP, why can't other tribes replicate the SW development in their own states? Why is it that 4 Yorubas are in the top ten richest Nigerian list when Yorubas only make up 21% of the population?

Wow even without Lagos yoruba land is still the richest ! Did they add Kwara and KOGI yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
zendy:

Who told you this? Take away Lagos and tell me what is left in the SW? The same Lagos collectively built by everyone? It is a good thing that Oil might soon be pumping out of the South-west. Hopefully, this will finally help the Yorubas leave Biafran agitators alone. Who knows? It might even help the Yoruba man get back a sense of self determination and sovereignty. Two vital human traits that the Yoruba man has long thrown away in the name of 'one Nigeria'.

Illiterate even without Lagos we still the richest

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by lastpage: 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Yes I agree with you on the greed part, thats the diffrence.But greed is not limited to just one tribe,if and Igbo Man imports fake car battery in 20 ft container, yoruba man buys 100 PCs of it to sell in his shop, they are bot greedy grin grin this is how Nigeria work today, its left for consumers to know what they want.to be honest its worse in Europe, there are more fakes here than Nigeria, the Uk for example has high value fake goods from phones to car parts.If you ever watch a program called fake Britain on BBC you will be shocked

The fakes are sold by the "Pakis" mostly..... and you would get it for less than half price. Its your choice to buy from them.

Will CarPhoneWarehouse sell a fake Iphone to you?
Will Vodafone do same, Will BT sell same to you ?

In our own case, our Brothers will even inflate the price, beyond the original.

Have you ever bought a fake Medicine, from a pharmacy, in that your U.K?
Even when you BEG Ibo man that the consumer is DYING and you borrowed the money to buy this drug to save the person, Ibo has not human feeling or conviction to even tell you: okay, this is a fake, go somewhere else to get the original!

Instead, he will swear by Amadioha that it is "original"?
angry angry

Is it strange that certain business like Pharmacy (Chemist as they call it), Spare parts, Electronics, e.t.c are dominated mainly by Ibos?

Nna, l hail o! All na hustle. wink wink

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
meforyou1:
No man's oil. We igbos will buy it in addition to lagos lands that we have acquired

Lnfaooooooo land you will all lose in 70 years

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by mainman7(m): 11:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
[b]Nice one! Ti esin ibo ba fi ogun odun sare, iwaju iwaju ni won ma ba Yoruba.

Yorubas setting the pace for other Africans since 6500BC. Some senseless chest-beating flat-heads Nyamiri dunces who deceitfully claim to be the wisest and most enterprising yet can't boast of Great industrialists and Mega-Billionaires like Femi Otedola, Mike Adenuga, Mrs Alakija (The current richest Black Woman in the world, google it) and many more Yorubas. Even the North has the likes of Dangote etc... NO igbo is even among the first 5 richest in Nigerian let alone in the world! As an igbo man (Jim Ovia) rightly observed in his popular article that their is no igbo man among the Mega wealthy Industrialists, Academic Icons, Super-Rich Pastors, Versatile Politicians etc... what are igbos proud of self?!

They are only dying of envy of the Great Yorubas because igbos are only good at short-changing people with fake and substandard products forgetting that you can NEVER build enduring wealth that way. Indeed their empty drum heads makes loudest noises. They are just bunch myopic shallow minded dim-wits over-bloated foolish pride raising fake shoulders.

Next time you senseless nyamiri mofos see a Yoruba, duff your hats and bow! Else... u know where u will end up! [/b]

Yorubas don't brag, but since these igbos suffering from incorrigible leaky diarrhea mouths really need to be reminded that Yorubas are everly eternally light years miles far ahead of them, they got us coming out.

Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, Alakija make Forbes 2015 ...
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=107254
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/03/dangote-adenuga-otedola-alakija-make-forbes-2015-richest-list/
http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/09/aliko-dangote-mike-adenuga-on-forbes.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by lastpage: 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
lygn19:
d igbo's go to China and purposely ask them to produce fake products, and bring it to Nigeria and d Nigerian ports wud see the goods discover it's fake and tell d Igbo man take go and do business...lol
STOP acting dumb please!
The Port "watchers' take Bribe. Police take Bribe....e.t.c

The ONLY bright light that have ever come from our Eastern Brothers, is that woman whom Buhari identified, Dora Akinyilu of blessed memory.

But they still killed the woman eventually sha, after many attempt to assassinate her. shocked shocked

That woman fought them like a Lion!

Lastpage!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
lastpage:

STOP acting dumb please!
The Port "watchers' take Bribe. Police take Bribe....e.t.c

The ONLY bright light that have ever come from our Eastern Brothers, is that woman whom Buhari identified, Dora Akinyilu of blessed memory.

But they still killed the woman eventually sha, after many attempt to assassinate her. shocked shocked

That woman fought them like a Lion!

Lastpage!
lol... ok... but It's one Naijeeria... smiley smiley
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Guy check history very well, the Oil well you are talking about then was limited to the modern day bayelsa state, which was in the Old Eastern region, that was Ojukwu domain did you forget that bit?I my mums town Sapele.The NG army where looking for all the igbos in sapele and where all arrested and we know what happened to them.The issue of Benin was them trying to seek support not capture,if they gained support from these places I believe the outcome will be diffrent but who knows

Igbo in which part of the world do you seek support by annexing and declaring your indigene as leaders of other trubes
Chai
Igbos must really think other tribes are stupid

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by jonadaft: 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
StOla:
"Our oyel" people would let us hear word now.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by bharkarh(m): 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Johntobi56:

Thank you SE is a barren region
SS controls oil
SW controls economy
SE controls poor sand
that's bad na....instead say

SE controls Red sand
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
lygn19:
so der are no igbos in d mid west...
Y dont u say Dennis Osadebay was appointed by Azikiwe from Biafra to come and dominate Midwest ppl grin grin grin

That was democracy
This was war
Ojukwu killed Edo & delta people
And declared it a republic of benin undwr BIAFRA control
Is that how you seek support ??
The trauma Igbos face today they wanted to pass it to others
I'm even SUPRISED EDO and delta has forgiven you for your atrocities

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 12:01am On Jun 11, 2015
lygn19:
lol... keep lieing.

That's the trurh that's why yorubas will never apologise to Igbos go and read history Ojukwu lied !

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by totit: 12:06am On Jun 11, 2015
agabusta:
Lagos oilfield to begin production this year

With the award of a rig contract to carry out the drilling and completion programme for the Aje shallow-water field offshore Lagos, the first oil production is expected to begin in the state by December this year.

The operator of the Oil Mining Lease 113 has, on behalf of the joint venture partners, entered into a rig contract with Saipem for the Scarabeo 3 drilling rig to carry out the drilling and completion programme for the Aje Field Cenomanian oil development, Panoro Energy said in a statement on Monday.

The joint venture partners led by Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company Limited (the operator) had in October last year taken the final investment decision to develop the first phase of the Aje field.

According to the statement, the Scarabeo 3 rig is a semi-submersible rig currently stationed offshore Lagos. The rig will be moved 18 nautical miles to the Aje drilling location and will be used to carry out well operations for the first phase of the Aje Cenomanian Oil field development that includes two subsea production wells.

It said the well operations would comprise the completion of the existing Aje-4 well as a production well, and the drilling and completion of a new well, Aje-5, which would be drilled to the Aje-2 subsurface location.

The Aje-2 well is said to have demonstrated high reservoir productivity in a Cenomanian production test conducted in 1997, flowing approximately 3,700 barrels of oil per day of 41˚API oil under suboptimal well conditions.

Well operations are expected to commence in early third quarter of 2015 and are likely to take approximately 90 days to complete, according to the statement.

It stated that once well operations had been completed, subsea equipment would be installed and the wells would be tied back to the Front Puffin floating, production, storage and offloading vessel, currently undergoing refurbishment in Singapore.

The Chief Executive Officer, Panoro Energy, Mr. John Hamilton, was quoted in the statement as saying, “Panoro is very pleased to be entering into the rig contract for the drilling and completion of the Aje development wells. We have been able to achieve a lower rig rate than was expected when the Final Investment Decision was made in October 2014.

“With well operations expected to commence in the next few weeks, we will continue moving towards our incremental growth strategy of converting Panoro’s discovered resource base into commercial production and generating positive cash flow in 2016.”

Aje is an offshore field located in the western part of Nigeria in the Dahomey Basin at the border with Benin Republic, with the first oil targeted for December 2015, the statement said.

The field is situated in water depths ranging from 100 to 1,000 metres about 24 kilometres from the coast. The field contains hydrocarbon resources in sandstone reservoirs in three main levels – a Turonian gas condensate reservoir, a Cenomanian oil reservoir and an Albian gas condensate reservoir.

Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Company is the operator, with 25 per cent interest in the field. The partners are Vitol, First Hydrocarbons Nigeria Limited, Energy Equity Resources Limited, Panoro Energy ASA and Jacka Resources Limited.

The JV partners had in January 2014 submitted the Field Development Plan for the Aje field to the Department of Petroleum Resources. The FDP was approved in March and is primarily focused on the development of the Cenomanian oil reservoir.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-oilfield-to-begin-production-this-year/

In I do die voice:: tahnk you master jesussss grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by lastpage: 12:07am On Jun 11, 2015
meccuno:
When I hear some peeps call them selves sophisticated,and I read their comments with their high level of ignorance,I wonder where and how the sophistication came about.......I won't assume that many of them are kids but I believe they should be above 25........when one dude says that the ondo state has more oil than the whole south east,I shudder.......am not surprised though....Nigerians believed þhat they where they giants of africa until they went to south africa.....no need explaning stuffs to them.....its best they still wallow in their sophisticated ignorance......it won't do any harm if they travel out of the SW.....lagos isn't Nigeria......as they say...

There you go again!
You want to join the conversation by all means and dont know what to say, right? Okay, you are welcome.

Having said that, "Sophistication" is not about travelling all over the place carrying drugs or selling fake, sub-standard goods or leaving your own land barren and unoccupied or boasting and acting without thinking FIRST!

Get this once and for all: The Sophistication we talk about is a Group of people who have evolved above primordial tendencies commonly found in lower animals.
This evolution is reflected in their "Decision-making and thought process", in general terms

*We have given the example of how Awolowo "checkmated" the Robbery of Benin CBN by Biafran robbers and collapsed their economy, not to mention how he ended the war "quickly" using sheer wit.
*We have mentioned somewhere else how Yorubas have been able to inter-marry amongst other tribes, showing that they have evolved beyond the level of "our tribe".
*We have seen how Lagos is the most Accommodating and Peaceful state in Nigeria, irrespective of where you come from, something you will only find in sophisticated economies of the Western world.
*We have seen what happened in the last election and how the Yorubas have quietly gone about achieving their aim, despite that Jonathan was an "incumbent" and the Ibos were too busy chest-beating and doing gra-gra!
*We have seen how over and over again, Yorubas have chosen "Peace and use of "Native Intellect", (something Ibos erroneously call "cowardice"wink to achieve their set-objective while Ibos are always baying for war, to achieve even the simplest things.

Now, l am speaking in "general terms" thus l am not ruling out the "odd-ball" from other tribes who can also get sophisticated probably due to exposure to Yoruba culture/Environment but they are in so "small and scanty" quantity.

I dont know how l can break it down for you, lower than this.

And FYI, it is not a "boastful thing", it is stating observed facts, not in nayway intended to put others down.
Even the Ibos l grew up knowing, were so scared of taking-on the Ijebus, as they fear their level of acumen. Just try and cheat an Ijebu person in business and see if you can get away with it wink wink
That is "sophistication", my friend! grin

Lastpage!

#Ijebus owe me a Beer!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by bogolobango(m): 12:07am On Jun 11, 2015
Thank u jesus yoruba don get oyel

Oya lagooners make una dey park go una cursed land biafrans mugu

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by johnnysmart(m): 12:09am On Jun 11, 2015
ALRITE
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by johnnysmart(m): 12:11am On Jun 11, 2015
WETIN THE WORRY DIS 1
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by johnnysmart(m): 12:17am On Jun 11, 2015
bharkarh:
that's bad na....instead say
SE controls Red sand
OLODO
Johntobi56:

That was democracy
This was war
Ojukwu killed Edo & delta people
And declared it a republic of benin undwr BIAFRA control
Is that how you seek support ??
The trauma Igbos face today they wanted to pass it to others
I'm even SUPRISED EDO and delta has forgiven you for your atrocities
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by CoolBigSam(m): 12:18am On Jun 11, 2015
Rose2014:

When u talk about SW you mean Lagos right?
All tribes in Nigeria contribute to Lagos revenue. Yoruba contribution may be insignificant sef

Well except if 'owoda' and 'Agbero' are put into consideration
I'm just thinking how you keep getting the few likes and shares. It just baffles me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by lastpage: 12:22am On Jun 11, 2015
CoolBigSam:
I'm just thinking how you keep getting the few likes and shares. It just baffles me.

Dont be baffled!

It is called "Herd Mentality".

have you ever seen a hundred sheep being driven along by a small Fulani Boy with a small stick?
Did you ever wonder why all the Sheep still "follow" his command?

All the Boy has to do, is pay attention to the "Alpha Sheep" and all others (Herd) will FOLLOW that other Sheep! grin grin grin

Ibos have that mentality mostly. wink
Yorubas generally always "tackle" each other! grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by lastpage: 12:23am On Jun 11, 2015
Okay guys, l got to go.
Erico and the rest, it was nice chatting with you guys.
Dont take everything "too serious".

We are still Brothers and yabbing ourselves like this, is part of it. It does not and SHOULD NOT translate to hatred.

IMO, l think it will get to a point when no one will want to leave a "United Nigeria".
This will happen when the idea that "one tribe depends on others" completely debunked!

Next, the ones who want out will realize that it is foolishness and that they are actually better-off staying with the "Devils" that they know.

Just like it happened in Scotland, recently. wink

The way to go is to elect the right people, irrespective of their tribe or religion and to ensure we support zero-tolerance for corruption, it is our biggest problem.

Cheers Brothers.

Lastpage!

Am out.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by halix239(f): 12:26am On Jun 11, 2015
ekenedegreat:
And I hope you people will now let them secede now that you people claim to have oil.

mtcheeew, Wu's holding u, pack all ur bitter pple back to ur cursed region thatz wen u re making sense,u shout Biafra, but in every nuke n cranny in naija u must see an Igbo.jokers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 11, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Ifeness my good friend, so you're from no-man's-land?

I kid, I kid! grin

My village is now a mega city. We welcome all strangers over to develop it for us at the peril of their villages grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Meti99(m): 12:33am On Jun 11, 2015
am loving this

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by bukster(f): 12:34am On Jun 11, 2015
Johntobi56:

Wow even without Lagos yoruba land is still the richest ! Did they add Kwara and KOGI yoruba
No just strictly SW
Oyo- $16.1B
Ogun-$10.5B
Ondo-$8.4B
Osun-$7.3B
Ekiti-$2.8B
Total: $45B
Lagos- $33.7B

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by tiger28: 12:35am On Jun 11, 2015
Now the land grabbers, the ones that are never proud of their homeland will start going gaga for indigineship . You know them...
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 11, 2015
You just thank your god that GEJ really wanted to keep Nigeria as one. If GEJ was a full blooded Igbo man, he would have divided Nigeria during the centenary celebrations when the amalgamation officially ended, and if you guys go to war with us, Russia and China will back us against Nigeria.

In 1967, the UK, US and others only backed Nigeria because they were scared of the hunger and humanitarian crisis that will arise if all of a sudden a huge part of Nigeria went broke and can no longer sustain herself.

They backed Nigeria because of their selfish reasons, and you know that without their help the Nigerian military would never have been able to defeat Biafra, so stop beating your chest as if war broke out today, you can defeat us without outside help.

Well, why should I bother talking to you?, you are a Yoruba after all, you will always lie and twist facts.

modath:

I usually don't respond to foolishness like this but I'll humour you just this once.

Go and join a comedy troupe cos that's where you belong.... My initial comment was made in jest, let me be serious;

Scared of who ? Your people have tried it once & are still counting the losses, you can play around as much as you want,just restrict your issues to the internet, radio & diaspora agitations as you have been doing & we will continue to humour you.

Y'all aint going nowhere... grin
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by tiger28: 12:39am On Jun 11, 2015
Rose2014:
Hopefully this will make my ewedu brothers to stop peeing in their pants when they hear 'secession'
Ewedu consumers depending on oil for their daily bread since 1914. With this type of news, I expect them to feel safe enough to support Biafra or at the very least 'resource control'

Either way #Godwin#

funny thing though, secessionists don't have oil. Trying to claim ND . But they are not.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 11, 2015
Correction... There is oil in Imo Abia and Anambra.

tiger28:
funny thing though, secessionists don't have oil. Trying to claim ND . But they are not.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by bharkarh(m): 12:55am On Jun 11, 2015
johnnysmart:
OLODO
bros...me or John?
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by bharkarh(m): 12:59am On Jun 11, 2015
CoolBigSam:
I'm sure it was a mistake
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by klevjey: 1:14am On Jun 11, 2015
modath:

I usually don't respond to foolishness like this but I'll humour you just this once.

Go and join a comedy troupe cos that's where you belong.... My initial comment was made in jest, let me be serious;

Scared of who ? Your people have tried it once & are still counting the losses, you can play around as much as you want,just restrict your issues to the internet, radio & diaspora agitations as you have been doing & we will continue to humour you.

no...we will take over Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan cos LAGOS BELONGS TO EVERYONE AND NO ONE grin
modath:

no...we will take over Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan cos LAGOS BELONGS TO EVERYONE AND NO ONE

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Two Policemen ‘Who Leaked Operation’ To Taraba Wadume Kidnap Kingpin Arrested / All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / I May Be Arrested Soon – Dino Melaye Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.