Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,234 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard (13150 Views)

Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) / APC Postponed Nat Assembly Leadership Elections For Buhari’s Intervention / Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Boss13: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2015
AbuMikey:
I laugh in Hispanics! grin

Saraki can never, I repeat, Saraki can never be Senate President.
His level of over-ambition is gradually sending Him to Political Purgatory that He may never come out from.

Next action would be His expulsion from the APC, by then I wonder how He would emerge senate president.

Haha gringringrin

Well he is now the Senate President
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 09, 2015
opeyemmmy:

Egbòn, this your lastma na epic o... undecided

SSGUniport:
Ginger, so you follow fall for this news wey dem one use get online readers
Saraki has been elected Unopposed as SP.

My padi them,

I no know wetin to believe again oh.

Plus say na front page I see am and I no bother to read content because I dey on the move.

I dun fall hands. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by nunzk: 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
apolonius:
Saraki has always been driven by ambition,never principles.I am so sure he will come nowhere close to emerging the president of the senate.
too late. He is already. They should have shut the assembly gates on them for all its worth
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by apolonius(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
nunzk:
too late. He is already. They should have shut the assembly gates on them for all its worth

I realized it,pathetic!
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by apolonius(m): 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
hansad:

If that Saraki knows how far he is politically detested by Nigerians, he should have sat down at home.

Honestly.
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by apolonius(m): 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
eagleeye2:

They should have allowed the Senator-elects to their thing naw. Is this not the same thing you people always accuse PDP of doing, being high handed.

I am all for an independent legislature,yet what is the big deal about all the 108 senators-yes,Mana of Borno died-gather and elect who they want?Why 57 people elect a president for an unintentionally absent 51?
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by apolonius(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
CharlesPhc:

Does the APC despite being the ruling party have the constitutional power to kidnap or hold to ransom the Legislative Arm of Government for mere internal power play?

We shall head to Court

Well,the legislative arm should be independent and free.It's clear there was no lock-down afterall.
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by eagleeye2: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
apolonius:

I am all for an independent legislature,yet what is the big deal about all the 108 senators-yes,Mana of Borno died-gather and elect who they want?Why 57 people elect a president for an unintentionally absent 51?
The 'unintentionallly absent 51' was at ICC trying to subvert the will of the 'intentionally present 57'.
Was the idea to inaugurate the 8 th senate, formed today?.
Couldn't the 51 APC senators have had their meeting at the assembly complex?

1 Like

Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by meforyou1(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:
Vanguard should stop lying, the inauguration is on as planned

www.nairaland.com/2367264/national-assembly-inauguration-not-postponed#34581651
My friend, how u dey. Saraki senate presidency sweet me die
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by meforyou1(m): 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
eagleeye2:

The 'unintentionallly absent 51' was at ICC trying to subvert the will of the 'intentionally present 57'.
Was the idea to inaugurate the 8 th senate, formed today?.
Couldn't the 51 APC senators have had their meeting at the assembly complex?
I tire o. Is ICC National Assembly building?
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Franzeez(m): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
CharlesPhc:
ABUJA-MORE facts emerged Tuesday why the All Progressives Congress, APC, postponed the inauguration of the 8th Assembly.

Sources close to the party told Vanguard that the adoption of Senator Ike Ekweramadu as Senator Bukola Saraki’s deputy invoked the wrath of the APC leadership and ordered that the inauguration should be shifted to a later date.

According to one of the sources, the party never bargained for a diluted government in whatever level and would do everything to stop the anti-party activities of some of their members.

He said,”honestly we never expected this sudden interest of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP that had initially said it was not interested in NASS leadership to now start championing it”.

“We got hint of this development at about 4.am and had to swing into action”.

“This sudden interest of the PDP was why we shifted the inauguration and ensure we put the House in order before another date will be scheduled”.

“As you know the Hon Yakubu Dogara camp went too far in all they have done in the last two weeks heating the polity unnecessarily for no just cause”.

“On Monday night we had a parade of those that will vote for Hon Femi Gbajabiamila and 203 lawmakers signified their interest so it could have been a done deal if not for the antics of some of us who want power by all means”.

“Nigerians did not vote for a diluted government rather they voted for change and a positive change for that matter”.

“One thing I can assure you of is that the APC will cross this bridge without a stain and the PDP will woefully fail”.

Another source also spoke in the same vein saying”we can’t inaugurate the House for now until we get a clear signal that the coast is clear”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/why-apc-postponed-nass-inauguration/#sthash.VnzfnuCG.dpuf

How can APC postpone a National Assembly Inauguration. Is it their fathers business
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by gonzaga: 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Now that it has happened, what will you do?

AbuMikey:
I laugh in Hispanics! grin

Saraki can never, I repeat, Saraki can never be Senate President.
His level of over-ambition is gradually sending Him to Political Purgatory that He may never come out from.

Next action would be His expulsion from the APC, by then I wonder how He would emerge senate president.

Haha gringringrin
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
meforyou1:
My friend, how u dey. Saraki senate presidency sweet me die
cheesy cheesy
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by ibietela2(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Obiagelli:
Vanguard should stop lying, the inauguration is on as planned

www.nairaland.com/2367264/national-assembly-inauguration-not-postponed#34581651

Mhen i thought you were gone...... Is good seeing you
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by Tony36(m): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
So they are now blaming PDP?......... Okay kontinu.[/quote] IS IT LEGAL FOR ONE PARTY TO UNILATERALLY POSTPONE THE INAUGURATION OF THE 8TH NA. ?? can 51 senators override the deed of 57 senators ??
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by blank(f): 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
honeric01:
I guess Buhari talked sense into the senator's heads when he met with them today, there was opposition, only him was elected and declared winner.

Meaning Gbajabiamila is going for the post of speaker!

I guess not. This is really getting interesting.
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by nunzk: 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
Friend don't feel to bad. Its called politiking and is filled with poli-tricks so don't let them get under ur skin. smiley after all they are the ones making noise at rockview hotel now not us.
apolonius:

I realized it,pathetic!
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by honeric01(m): 7:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
blank:

I guess not. This is really getting interesting.
Interesting time ahead
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by apolonius(m): 9:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
nunzk:
Friend don't feel to bad. Its called politiking and is filled with poli-tricks so don't let them get under ur skin. smiley after all they are the ones making noise at rockview hotel now not us.

Yes,at times these things get us hot and hurt.smiley

Thanks!
Re: Why APC Postponed NASS Inauguration - Vanguard by change49ja: 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Franzeez:

How can APC postpone a National Assembly Inauguration. Is it their fathers business

The question you should ask is whether the newly elected PDP senators and few APC senators have constitutional right to conduct elections of the leadership of the 8th National Assembly without the presence of all other elected legislators. This is a very important event of the National Assembly and some greedy politicians just hijacked it for their selfish reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde / Oby Ezekwesili: Nigerians Enjoy And Believe They Deserve To Be Poorly Governed / Gov. Suntai Accuses His Deputy Of Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.