Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Nigeria Christain Just Got Served - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Christain Just Got Served (3048 Views)

Susan Rice Made The Poisoned Tea And Served Abiola – FFK / Man Proves Dino Melaye Served in Kaduna, See What He Shared (Photos) / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by mrsmith11(m): 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nigeria is a country made up of six (6) geo-political zones namely;
North East (NE),North west (NW),North central (NC),South south (SS), South East (SE), and South west (SW)

While NE and NW is predominantly Hause-fulani-muslim the NC is divided among christian and muslim

While SS and SE is predominantly christian the SW is divided into christian and muslim

Statistically christian is as much as muslim as each group dominate two (2) zones each

In as much we share power/political position along federal character among geo-political zones so i think religion should also play a vital role since we are a country that hold religion in a high regard

Let look at the three (3) arms of government in the last administration

EXECUTIVE
President- South south (christian)

LEGISLATIVE

Senate president -North central (christian)

Speaker H.O.R - north west (muslim)

JUDICIARY

Chief judge of the federation- North west (muslim)

Balance of power based on religion affiliation

Present Administration

EXECUTIVE
President- North west (hausa-fulani-muslim)

LEGISLATIVE
Senate president -North Central (hausa-fulani-muslim)

SPeaker H.O.R -north East (hause-fulani-christian)

JUDISCIARY

Chief judge of the FED.-North West (hausa-fulani-muslim)

My question

Is there no qualified and competent south/minority christian to hold one of these positions?

Is this a hausa-fulani handwriting on the wall?

Where are the minority/christian represented in a country we share half of the population

Am begining to see sense in the referendum of my brothers in the lower niger

This is not fair

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by DauraDullard: 6:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Let's save this for some other time, sis. You should know very well that the evil forces from the north and beyond are seriously militating against the existence of Christianity in the Nigerian politics
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by atlwireles: 6:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Your should have thought about this before today.

P.S the speaker is a christian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Dogara

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by INTROVERT(f): 7:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
shocked
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by mrsmith11(m): 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
DauraDullard:
Let's save this for some other time, sis. You should know very well that the evil forces from the north and beyond are seriously militating against the existence of Christianity in the Nigerian politics

I'm Mr smith (a brother)

There is no more time

We have to speak up now at this early stage
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by sinkhole: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
OP, speaker is a christian from Bogoro-Dass-Tafawa Balewa constituency of Bauchi State! That area is a strongly Christian dominated area of Bauchi State.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by mrsmith11(m): 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
atlwireles:

Thanks for the info
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by mrsmith11(m): 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
sinkhole:
OP, speaker is a christian from Bogoro-Dass-Tafawa Balewa constituency of Bauchi State! That area is a strongly Christian dominated area of Bauchi State.

Thanks for the info
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by DauraDullard: 7:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
mrsmith11:

I'm Mr smith (a brother)

There is no more time

We have to speak up now at this early stage
Ok, it's Mr, actually. I must have missed it. But on a serious note, there's little we can do now. Nobody from the seat of power would read this and want to act accordingly. Let's just be hopeful and keep on the watch
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by DauraDullard: 7:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
atlwireles:

And the position of a speaker seems too big in ur eyes? Please let's forget this
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by atlwireles: 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
DauraDullard:

And the position of a speaker seems too big in ur eyes? Please let's forget this

What are you talking about?
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by akanbiaa(m): 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Without the help of the Christians who dominated SS and SE it would not have been possible, lesson corrupt like minds knows no religion.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by A7(m): 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dogara is not Hausa or Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by eph12(m): 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Maybe if you state the implications of having all muslims or all Christians as our leaders we would understand your point better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by Amein(m): 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
mrsmith11:
North East (NE),North west (NW),North central (NC),South south (SS), South East (SE), and South west (SW)

While NE and NW is predominantly Hause-fulani-muslim the NC is divided among christian and muslim

While SS and SE is predominantly christian the SW is divided into christian and muslim

Statistically christian is as much as muslim as each group dominate two (2) zones each

In as much we share power/political position along federal character among geo-political zones so i think religion should also play a vital role since we are a country that hold religion in a high regard

EXECUTIVE

LEGISLATIVE

JUDICIARY

Present Administration

EXECUTIVE

LEGISLATIVE

JUDISCIARY

My question

Is there no qualified and competent south/minority christian to hold one of these positions?

Where are the minority/christian represented in a country we share half of the population

This is not fair
so you mean every northener is hausa-fulani.besides hausa and fulani are two different ethnic groups with different cultures..
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by virud: 8:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
"The north has an agenda and Tinubu is not part of it" Lord lugard , 1880. Seems East , West and South isn't part of this grand northern agenda !
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by kay1one2(m): 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
Christian, muslim are just titles. "By their works you shall know them."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by omololu2020(m): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
mrsmith11:

EXECUTIVE

LEGISLATIVE

JUDICIARY

Present Administration

EXECUTIVE

LEGISLATIVE

JUDISCIARY

My question

This is not fair
alot of Nigerians dont know about Nigeria,dia is no tribe called hausa/fulani,dey are two diffrent ethnic group,kanuri are d majority tribe in d North east.and d speaker of d HOR is a from d shalewa tribe or so from bauchi sha
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
omololu2020:
alot of Nigerians dont know about Nigeria,dia is no tribe called hausa/fulani,dey are two diffrent ethnic group,kanuri are d majority tribe in d North east.and d speaker of d HOR is a from d shalewa tribe or so from bauchi sha

True there's no tribe like hausa fulani, infact if you isolate hausas and fulanis in another country they are completely different. But the fulanis are the majority in the north east while the kanuris are a minority in the hausa dominated north west.
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by omololu2020(m): 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
ZoranderGraeme:

True there's no tribe like hausa fulani, infact if you isolate hausas and fulanis in another country they are completely different. But the fulanis are the majority in the north east while the kanuris are a minority in the hausa dominated north west.
hmm,am surprise u said fulani are d majority in d north east,i do fink kanuris are d majority
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
omololu2020:
hmm,am surprise u said fulani are d majority in d north east,i do fink kanuris are d majority

Naaah man, the kanuris have no major influence in the north east, they are mainly found in borno and yobe state in north western Nigeria. You should look it up.
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dogara though a hausa word is not even used as a name by the hausas or fulanis, Dogara like many other hausa words is used by the minority christian tribes in northern nigeria. So please, can you stop defiling other peoples ethnicities to suit your twisted agenda? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by heykims(m): 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ambode's deputy, Muslim or Christian?
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by AhmedMustapha(m): 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
ZoranderGraeme:

Naaah man, the kanuris have no major influence in the north east, they are mainly found in borno and yobe state in north western Nigeria. You should look it up.
Borno and Yobe are in the NE

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
omololu2020:
AhmedMustapha:

Borno and Yobe are in the NE

It seems I was wrong,but the fulanis are still the majority in the north east.
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by StOla: 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
ZoranderGraeme:

It seems I was wrong,but the fulanis are still the majority in the north east.

You are wrong and you remain wrong.

Yobe and Borno are in the North East and are the most populous states of that region. Kanuris are the major tribe on that region.

You will do well to stop confusing the Fulani North West for North East.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
StOla:

You are wrong and you remain wrong.

Yobe and Borno are in the North East and are the most populous states of that region. Kanuris are the major tribe on that region.

You will do well to stop confusing the Fulani North West for North East.

Uhhhm! I admit I was a bit confused at first. But for you to say that the kanuris are more than the fulanis in the north east...makes me feel better about my earlier blunder. And BTW, the hausas are the majority in the NW, not fulanis.
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by demelza: 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
Very stoopid thread!
What magic did the Christian president we had before perform?
Some people will just sit down to cry wolf where there is none. If a muslim can provide basic amenities for me and make me have dignity as a citizen, he is my brother.
Christian brotherhood be damned!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by StOla: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
ZoranderGraeme:

Uhhhm! I admit I was a bit confused at first. But for you to say that the kanuris are more than the fulanis in the north east...makes me feel better about my earlier blunder. And BTW, the hausas are the majority in the NW, not fulanis.

Yes Hausas are majority in the North West, but Fulani hold all the political power - both contemporary democratic politics and traditional rulership.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
StOla:

Yes Hausas are majority in the North West, but Fulani hold all the political power - both contemporary democratic politics and traditional rulership.

Lol! Don't change the subject. But do you think we care? Everything you mentioned serves our interest. Have you evr seen any of the traditional rulers speaking fulani in their palace? Heck some of them don't even know how to speak it. Besides, they speak like us, dress like us, eat like us and most of them actually see themselves as us. So no, we don't actually give a rats furry bum.
Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by umar745(m): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mtcheew. Because you hear the name Dogara you just assume. OP is just one of those ignorant people who think every northerner is either hausa or fulani.

Enlighten yourself plz. There are hundreds of languages in the north east.

Another person is saying yobe is in the north west. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Christain Just Got Served by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
umar745:
Mtcheew. Because you hear the name Dogara you just assume. OP is just one of those ignorant people who think every northerner is either hausa or fulani.

Enlighten yourself plz. There are hundreds of languages in the north east.

Another person is saying yobe is in the north west. SMH

A'a! Baa yin kuskure ne? Ko bakaga na gyara magana na bane?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Karma Visits Wike As Police Chase Away CTC Members From Council Secretariat / "BREAKING NEW" Tompolo Has Been Arrested. / New Pdp Chairman Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.