Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,841 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (90390 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Please I Need Good Universities For My Masters' Degree In UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by BONES488: 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Aspiregreat:

wtf! I think Mr Bones has something to say.....

Oga pls i need candid reasons for calling those uni's MUSHROOM...

Wait...
You are in one of the schools right?
Have you travelled outside the country to see what a proper uni should look like? ...
Anyway,what should I expect from schools that pay less than 150$ per session.

NExT

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
ugonna1054:
#TeamGeoscience...Why ain't uni
lag on ur list?

Unilag geology is still emerging...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Judolisco(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Noted... Speak civil.... Goodnight
ok i will frm henceforth Goodnight
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by sanandreas(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
lol.. Hin extension go long pass A.Y own

For d record, A.Y spent 9years in DELSU for a 4-yr course

cheesy
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Judolisco(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
butanep:
who know kwara state university... the only university in kwara is Unilorin...

The rest na by-pass
jst tryin 2 rep my school which i believe will b d best in the nearest future
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Judolisco:
ok i will frm henceforth Goodnight
Thank you... ffb please
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by tiwasiaife(m): 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
12month:
chineke... na dis geology dept dem dey call 'white house" that time when I still dey uni. 3 of my flatmates did the course, and went through a lot of stress, and spent excessive money on projects, field tinz... But I believe it;s worth it

I know u are talking about UNN lolssss That was my department. Dr. smart Obiora and obi
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by joshrare(m): 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
I think geology is over hyped,...

The hyping alone can cause dullness...
Am a geologist with 4.1 cgpa
#teamesutech
Still searching

I have friends from other fed. Universities that are still searching and gettin m.sc to keep hope alive

So Op forget this hyping and allow d grace of God to guide d step of every individual that choose d path of God...

This over hyping caused a uniben geology graduate total joblessness... He graduated with a 2.1 very bright a guy, he was among those that represent his dept in one of those annual shell/chevron thing I ph during his school days....
After graduating friends and family advised him to get a job else where since that oil/constructn/energy sector wasn't forthcoming, he was adamant...
Now he is jobless trying to set up one sku like coz his brain don shrink...lol..

My questions...what's d fate of a 2.2 graduate in geology who intend to practice
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by amanze15(m): 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
am a proud geologist, eyeing groundwater and contaminant remediation in masters geophysics is a gold mine either in water oil/gas or minerals
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
AbuMikey:
But You've succeeded in listing all Universities that offer Geology as a course. tongue
Don't say what you don't know...

They are over 50 universities that offered Geology as a course in Nigeria including federal, state and private.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Mourin(f): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
#team Uniben
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by sasquareT(m): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
snazzy5050:
smileyWe rep uniben....... 3 gboza for the greatest uniben students wink

Hmmmmmmm @UNIMAD (university madness) cry
Yes Unimaid abi d name shock you like shock metamorphism, in case you don't no I rep unimaid anyday.....I love Geology

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by people3: 10:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
the list is not complete , where do u put EKsu Eksu is d best.... There is only one univ. In Nigeria Eksu and the rest
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by teemahteemah(f): 10:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
I am a geology graduate from university of maiduguri. I had a 2:1, 5 years later, I'm still jobless. Abeg spare me all the hype

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by tiwasiaife(m): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
[quote author=sconp post=34604022]If you are coming to unn to study Geology.. Hmmm.... Get ready it's not child's play. [/quote
Gbam! Dr. smart obiora lolz
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
joshrare:
I think geology is over hyped,...

The hyping alone can cause dullness...
Am a geologist with 4.1 cgpa
#teamesutech
Still searching

I have friends from other fed. Universities that are still searching and gettin m.sc to keep hope alive

So Op forget this hyping and allow d grace of God to guide d step of every individual that choose d path of God...

This over hyping caused a uniben geology graduate total joblessness... He graduated with a 2.1 very bright a guy, he was among those that represent his dept in one of those annual shell/chevron thing I ph during his school days....
After graduating friends and family advised him to get a job else where since that oil/constructn/energy sector wasn't forthcoming, he was adamant...
Now he is jobless trying to set up one sku like coz his brain don shrink...lol..

My questions...what's d fate of a 2.2 graduate in geology who intend to practice
My guy calm down... there is no field that you just automatically get work in Niga...

Everything is time... someday his time will come.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by tiwasiaife(m): 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
[quote author=sconp post=34604022]If you are coming to unn to study Geology.. Hmmm.... Get ready it's not child's play. [/quote

Gbam! Dr. smart obiora lolz
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by asumo12: 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Who?

Aminat508:
Hmm, okay she is nice nd good for u lipsrsealed

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Timcy2(m): 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
dat is the course, i intend on studying, but d wand of good fate has not bin smiling at me. my mate will b graduating next year, and am still searching 4 university. So so depressed.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
RUBBISH,

TOTAL RUBBISH,

TOTALLY RUBBISH.

I GRADUATED FOUR YEARS AGO, WASTED TWO YEARS LOOKING FOR BLOODY JOB.

NOW I WORK FOR NO BLOODY BODY AND I AM GAINING IT WELL ENOUGH.

FVCK ALL THOSE NAIJA SCHOOL, DEVELOP YOUR SELF AND SEE THE MAGIC

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by adakoleagbenu: 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
Akosxxx:
unijos is no 1 in Nigeria. studying geology anywhere n yet to visit Jos means u re a learner
#TeamGeology
#GreatestJosite
Great!!!! Well said.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
teemahteemah:
I am a geology graduate from university of maiduguri. I had a 2:1, 5 years later, I'm still jobless. Abeg spare me all the hype
The fact you didn't get job doesn't mean others are not getting Job.

Calm down my dear... Life is turn by turn.

Your turn will soon come... just be optimistic
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by tiwasiaife(m): 10:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
teemahteemah:

I doubt u
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Freemanan:
GREAT DELSUITES! GREAT BRAINS..

THO MY FOLKS IN GEOLOGY ALWAYS COMPLAINS AND EXTENSION IS THEIR WATCHWORD
never knew u were/are a DELSUite.. #teamABK
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Equado(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
#TeamAppliedGeophysics
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
never knew u were/are a DELSUite.. #teamABK

Confam Abraka breed.... #Philosophy #Art #Campus2 #Arubayi #Kintoma #Class13
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
tiwasiaife:

I doubt u

You mean he is a Lying Geoscientist?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by tmanuelle(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
butanep:
Geology/ Geophysic is a hot cake now in Nigeria especially in the petroleum sector. The most important thing about the course(s) is its diversification. With the increasing demand of oil and the exploration of new oil wells, search of underground water in complex terrain, building of dams and bridges, just to mention a few, geology/ geophysics will still remain relevant even till the next century.

Graduate with a good result in the field will always smile to the bank when employed in any of the oil sector or construction firm or hydrological ministries/firms.

They are only few universities in Nigeria that can boast of good geology department with sound theoretical, practical and field knowledge.

Here are list of universities that give the best in geology and can also boast of sound and competent geologist both home and abroad.

1 Obafemi Awolowo University ( OAU)

2 University OF Ibadan

3 University OF Jos (UNIJOS)

4 University OF Benin ( UNIBEN)

5 University Of Nigeria Nsuka

6 University Of Maidiguri ( UNIMAD)

7 Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA)

8 Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

9 Federal University Of Technology Mina.

10 University Of Portharcort ( UNIPORT)

11 University Of Ilorin ( UNIlORIN)

12 Delta State University Abraka

13 University Of Calabar. (UNICAL)

14 Federal University Of petroleum Resources (FUPRE )

15 Ajayi Crowther university Oyo.

So if you intend to study geology or geophysic, you need to consider any of the listed university. They are the best in the field of Geoscience.

Cc lalasticlala

FUTA shouldn't have been on that list for these two courses. Although FUTA products in these two departments cannot be matched in the southwestern Nigeria o, but talking of having to deal with saddists & those bunch of i.diots for five years...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by tiwasiaife(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
Freemanan:

You mean he is a Lying Geoscientist?
Is he not a she? Anyway,granites don't lie.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Harmony222(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
cmax16:
My younger brother was one of the best graduating student from uniben in his set, with a sharp 2:1, he has a masters, a pgd, he has even been accepted for his PhD all in uniben, yet no job.

Abeg make Una help, those that can. Is there something he isn't doing correctly? E don dey turn stories that touch o.
i can percieve hes requesting for one type of job only n not ready to explore odas... he practice monopoly judging from his education background... you dont expect change to come wen ur not ready to change! he should sell himself out to every market n see d result within a month!!
jm2c...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Confam Abraka breed.... #Philosophy #Art #Campus2 #Arubayi #Kintoma #Class13
#FSS #Economics.. We go join ona for d hustle next year bros..
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
#FSS #Economics.. We go join ona for d hustle next year bros..

Mingwo sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Teacher Demands Sex From Student Of Nuco Comprehensive Secondary School, Uyo / Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / UNICAL Student, Adaeze Nnamani Dies After A Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.