Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (90405 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Please I Need Good Universities For My Masters' Degree In UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
tiwasiaife:

Is he not a she? Anyway,granites don't lie.

I guess Lawyer's wigs don't lie also.... PULEASE
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
cmax16:
My younger brother was one of the best graduating student from uniben in his set, with a sharp 2:1, he has a masters, a pgd, he has even been accepted for his PhD all in uniben, yet no job.

Abeg make Una help, those that can. Is there something he isn't doing correctly? E don dey turn stories that touch o.
which course did he study?
#just asking
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
people3:
the list is not complete , where do u put EKsu
Eksu is d best.... There is only one univ. In Nigeria Eksu and the rest
Eksu? Abeg nor let laff wound me here o grin
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Asiri1991: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
The list is faulty. Where is Ebonyi State University in the list? I would have prefered to read the complete copy of your research to this bias conclusion.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Mingwo sir
lol bros.. I greet u abrakatically
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
lol bros.. I greet u abrakatically

Bows
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by iphyodih(f): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
iyke926:

U studying geology there?

Geology is a beautiful course to study if you are a lover of nature and want to know more about our planet Earth.

I'm a bonafide older granite of the basement complex grin

Nope read B$F,but it's one of d best course in FUTY
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by africandictator(m): 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
butanep:
Geology/ Geophysic is a hot cake now in Nigeria especially in the petroleum sector. The most important thing about the course(s) is its diversification. With the increasing demand of oil and the exploration of new oil wells, search of underground water in complex terrain, building of dams and bridges, just to mention a few, geology/ geophysics will still remain relevant even till the next century.

Graduate with a good result in the field will always smile to the bank when employed in any of the oil sector or construction firm or hydrological ministries/firms.

They are only few universities in Nigeria that can boast of good geology department with sound theoretical, practical and field knowledge.

Here are list of universities that give the best in geology and can also boast of sound and competent geologist both home and abroad.

1 Obafemi Awolowo University ( OAU)

2 University OF Ibadan

3 University OF Jos (UNIJOS)

4 University OF Benin ( UNIBEN)

5 University Of Nigeria Nsuka

6 University Of Maidiguri ( UNIMAD)

7 Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA)

8 Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

9 Federal University Of Technology Mina.

10 University Of Portharcort ( UNIPORT)

11 University Of Ilorin ( UNIlORIN)

12 Delta State University Abraka

13 University Of Calabar. (UNICAL)

14 Federal University Of petroleum Resources (FUPRE )

15 Ajayi Crowther university Oyo.

So if you intend to study geology or geophysic, you need to consider any of the listed university. They are the best in the field of Geoscience.

Cc lalasticlala
boss your list is incomplete without unilag
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
shilexholly:
What is geology?
Google is your friend. Lol.
Meanwhile, Unical, the greatest malabite fully representing.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
Asiri1991:
The list is faulty. Where is Ebonyi State University in the list? I would have prefered to read the complete copy of your research to this bias conclusion.

See this one. Dem dey talk better university u dey mention"Ebonyi" state. Who sabi Ebonyi and its university for dis naija?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
Asiri1991:
classical case of "WHO GO SAY HIM MAMA SOUP NOR SWEET" grin
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
iphyodih:

Nope read B$F,but it's one of d best course in FUTY
Okay.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by eleko1: 11:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
wink Thank u jare.u dey mind the OP.He should do his research work well.
abokiigbo:
University of Ado Ekiti has one of the best geology departments in Nigeria. Trust me, since the days of OSUA, they have some of the best geology lecturers in the country.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by kelzgie44: 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
snazzy5050:
smileyWe rep uniben....... 3 gboza for the greatest uniben students wink

Hmmmmmmm @UNIMAD (university madness) cry
..who U help?? lol...#iRep ben
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Emulti(m): 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
babamadiba:
Gorgeous Agricola a medical doctor turned geologist discovered the course geology. He was born 1494 and died 1555. I'm proud to be a geologist.

So which of d oil companies do u work now?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mourin:
#team Uniben
What level are you now... I graduated from Uniben...

Team geologist...

Ur pix hall 1 I guess?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 11:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
africandictator:
boss your list is incomplete without unilag
Unilag is still learning in the field of Geology...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Mourin(f): 11:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
butanep:
What level are you now... I graduated from Uniben...

Team geologist...

Ur pix hall 1 I guess?
200lvl
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 11:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mourin:
200lvl
Younger Granite.

Greet Dr Aku.
Mr Edegdai
Mr Okunuwage
Dr Igbiniwe
Mrs Alonge...

When you get to 300level... you will meet the prof. of the dept...

Study well oooo...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by kikilove(f): 11:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
Adesiji77:
kikilove

You must be glowing with pride now cheesy
. Am ok,my school was mentioned nd geology is my course. grin cheesy
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Mourin(f): 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
butanep:
Younger Granite.

Greet Dr Aku.
Mr Edegdai
Mr Okunuwage
Dr Igbiniwe
Mrs Alonge...

When you get to 300level... you will meet the prof. of the dept...

Study well oooo...
LOL i'm nt studing geology, i'm just representin my school.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Toh op. Wic 1 be UNIMAD again? angry
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by bharyur2103(m): 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
hmmn... I wouldn't advise my enemy to study Geology in OAU..This is the same department that once didn't have a single graduating student in a particular session..I'm not sure how lucrative the course is, but students of Geology in OAU usually graduate with horrendous CGPAs.... Pls, if you know anyone even contemplating studying d course in OAU, advise him/her to reconsider his options....
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
lonelydora:
Team UNN....... Geology in Jimbaz building rocks.

GREATEST LIONS AND LIONESSES!!! GREAT.

Restoring the dignity of man since 1960.
supa granite,....reping geology Unn 400lvl.,..bt na white aus we dy nw.

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by favouryemmy: 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
Studying for a Master degree in the department of Geology, FUTA take you several years though.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by ayusco85(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
butanep:
Geology/ Geophysic is a hot cake now in Nigeria especially in the petroleum sector. The most important thing about the course(s) is its diversification. With the increasing demand of oil and the exploration of new oil wells, search of underground water in complex terrain, building of dams and bridges, just to mention a few, geology/ geophysics will still remain relevant even till the next century.

Graduate with a good result in the field will always smile to the bank when employed in any of the oil sector or construction firm or hydrological ministries/firms.

They are only few universities in Nigeria that can boast of good geology department with sound theoretical, practical and field knowledge.

Here are list of universities that give the best in geology and can also boast of sound and competent geologist both home and abroad.

1 Obafemi Awolowo University ( OAU)

2 University OF Ibadan

3 University OF Jos (UNIJOS)

4 University OF Benin ( UNIBEN)

5 University Of Nigeria Nsuka

6 University Of Maidiguri ( UNIMAD)

7 Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA)

8 Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

9 Federal University Of Technology Mina.

10 University Of Portharcort ( UNIPORT)

11 University Of Ilorin ( UNIlORIN)

12 Delta State University Abraka

13 University Of Calabar. (UNICAL)

14 Federal University Of petroleum Resources (FUPRE )

15 Ajayi Crowther university Oyo.

So if you intend to study geology or geophysic, you need to consider any of the listed university. They are the best in the field of Geoscience.

Cc lalasticlala

OP what criteria did u used to arrive at this ranking? did u visit each school and did ur research or its based on guessing or hear say? i need to know because am Geologist from UNIJOS, currently serving. so pls tell me what criteria u used. thanks

last bullet: @ the bolded, u are very correct.

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
lonelydora:
Team UNN....... Geology in Jimbaz building rocks.

GREATEST LIONS AND LIONESSES!!! GREAT.

Restoring the dignity of man since 1960.
I hope u are enjoying ur mid-semester break. Just pray it doesn't turn into a long vacation
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by damocool(m): 11:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mtcheeeeew.. A course with the highest index of unemployed in naija... How many geologist oil company dey employ for naija... Nah engineers bokun for there nah
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
tiwasiaife:

I know u are talking about UNN lolssss That was my department. Dr. smart Obiora and obi
Dr. Obiora is stil waxin strong,.Dr. Obi is nw a prof in Uli
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by dmitroika(m): 12:09am On Jun 10, 2015
iyke926:

U studying geology there?

Geology is a beautiful course to study if you are a lover of nature and want to know more about our planet Earth.

I'm a bonafide older granite of the basement complex grin

Why not say, 'i'm a metamorphosed granite of the basement complex.. My heritage is gneissic cheesy
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 10, 2015
OP, the calibre or potency of d study of geology in any school is a function of proximity to prevalent geological features in dat area and proximity to industry. If yu school in d north and some west, yu will be exposed to lots of hard rock. But in d south south schools, yu are exposed to soft ( sedimentary rocks n sedimentology) related areas. Uniport, unical, Futo, and a bit of unibadan offer yu dis brand. They hv lots of access to oil industry exposure. I will advice yu do a uniport or calabar. I got my MSC from ibadan and can tell yu more on all options. Currently working in an oil company.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / UNICAL Student, Adaeze Nnamani Dies After A Party / Any Latest News On Assu Strike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.