Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday (24605 Views)

Dino Melaye's Ex Classmates Visit Him At The National Assembly (Photos) / Three Things I Did While In Prison — Obasanjo / National Assembly Leadership: ‘Your Threats Are Empty’, PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by CR77(f): 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
H for House
yorke1:

H for ?
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by chamboy(m): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
RichDad1:

See una life?
remove my own
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by pBuhari(f): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
that is what you get
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by dustydee: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
Williamso:

1. Buhari may be a good leader, but he is a terrible politician: This goes without saying; playing completely neutral in who becomes the senate president when your party is in the majority? In a country like Nigeria? That is gross political ignorance. Two key tactics that make a great politician are the ability to lobby, and the ability to intervene. How is it possible that while everyone was lobbying for a preferred candidate, he chose not to intervene? That smacks of political naivety. One need not go too far to see how previous presidents were overtly lobbying for their preferred candidates for legislative leadership positions. We can only hope that his nonindulgence will not come back to haunt his presidency. (Although something tells me he had a hand in the emergence of the SP and the Speaker. Take that with a tablespoon of salt though )

You wan kill persin? undecided
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by yorke1: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
RichDad1:

See una life?

You see your life. Is OKAY not a word?
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
I learnt Nigerians have been deceived again..... That APC is not the answer to the Nigerian problem.... That We are doomed... I learnt to unlearn all I have learned from APC's lies and propaganda about Good meaning Nigerians.....
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by boman2014: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
CR77:
Receive common sense now tongue
LOOKING FOR LIKES SMH...
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
CR77:
H for House

Fighting for FTC but SarakiWin
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Teejayphillip(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hmmmm.... Anything wey dem like make them do...

All am concern is the growth of my dear nation Nigeria...

In other news, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me.... Its been God all the way...

3 Likes

Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
boman2014:
LOOKING FOR LIKES SMH...

On Nairaland? low
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by princefaculty(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
Wow nice piece
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Lionsclaw: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mr Op did you know that your first asertion is exactly what we need to get Nigeria to the promise land? Yes we dont need Buhari to a politician else Nigeria will never leave this current state. We prefer him as the good leader, the only extra we need is his military firmness and resolve to kick.ass. Politicians are the only problem we have with democracy

1 Like

Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
CR77:
Receive common sense now tongue
To acquire a land in NL is much expensive than Banana Island.. grin
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by frisky2good(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
Yes because Saraki ran unopposed. Those that could have contested against him were busy waiting for Buhari to come and address them. grin

bettercreature:
Make no mistake there was no election

1 Like

Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by bdbest2(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
Totally agree wit u OP, bt wat we need frm PMB is for him to be a good leader.

Transfer files between your Smartphone, Computer and Tablet with ease (Plug and play, no cables required).

8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB OTG Flash Drives are available at a very reduced price.

Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Holuwarsweun(m): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
bettercreature:
Make no mistake there was no election
losers wil never accept victory but find excuses
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
Williamso:

3. Politicians will always be politicians, and Dino Melaye is no exception: One would have expected that after all that the PDP did to this man to terminate his political career, and the respite and platform the APC gave to him, he would at least be somewhat loyal to his party. Well, that's something honest people do, and politicians are not honest. So after vilifying the PDP at any given opportunity, the first thing he did as a senator was to defy the APC (that rebounded his political career), and align with the same PDP (you would think he loves to hate) just to get in his candidate as the senate president. That speaks volumes of a man's character. I tend to find solace in this quote though "Leave politics for politicians and governance for technocrats" - PMB 2015, because politicians will always be cunning, deceitful, dishonest, unscrupulous, insincere, crafty, mendacious and Machiavellian; but that is what makes them politicians.

The PDP senators, it was learnt, saw Saraki who served two terms as governor and a Senate term on the platform of the party as a prodigal son of better consideration than an enemy which they saw in Lawan but you forgot to mention that PDP made both saraki and dino who are now APC members.

Dino Melaye is also a prodigal son of PDP and all prodigal sons end up going back home someday.

Tinubu is the perceived common enemy here for Dino and PDP senators
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by boman2014: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
Freemanan:

On Nairaland? low
FACE UR FRONT!
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by WILSON(f): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
BRING BACK OUR GIRLS CAMPAIGN NO DEY AGAIN grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by bettercreature(m): 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Teejayphillip:
Hmmmm.... Anything wey dem like make them do...

All am concern is the growth of my dear nation Nigeria...

In other news, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me.... Its been God all the way...
HBDLLNP

1 Like

Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
boman2014:
FACE UR FRONT!
That's Why I can type....
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by abtmaviz(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
GEJ wanted to calm things down in a country with a turbulent and violent history. They did their most unpatriotic to pull the rug from under his feet. Knowing the vulnerability of a minority ethnic person in a tribalistic country.

They called him clueless-Areafada
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by aldame: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
I agree with the author, if PMB is too civil, these traders will mess him up. We voted for APC because of him.
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
abtmaviz:

GEJ wanted to calm things down in a country with a turbulent and violent history. They did their most unpatriotic to pull the rug from under his feet. Knowing the vulnerability of a minority ethnic person in a tribalistic country.

They called him clueless-Areafada

Remind me not our failure.... crying
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by ikombe: 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Me don learn sey, "Even Though Your Eyes Big E No Mean Sey You Dey See..
heheh wicked guy grin
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Winning123: 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
Williamso:

Actually they didn't. You should see APC beyond the Tinubu vision.

Errm, there wasn't any contestant you know. Why weren't the APC senators meeting somewhere in the House of Assembly complex?

The truth is their is no APC without Tinubu. It isn't over until it is over. Watch out for Tinubu's next steps. He is a master strategist and he will pay back Saraki in his own coin

1 Like

Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by CR77(f): 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
BeeBeeOoh:
To acquire a land in NL is much expensive than Banana Island.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
ikombe:
heheh wicked guy grin
na it be it oh padi mi.. grin
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by vislabraye(m): 3:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
Williamso:

Actually they didn't. You should see APC beyond the Tinubu vision.

Errm, there wasn't any contestant you know. Why weren't the APC senators meeting somewhere in the House of Assembly complex?

They were hoodwinked tongue. It serves them right. They take heavy allowances for a seating but they were no where around? One wonders what really went on.
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by abtmaviz(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
Freemanan:

Remind me not our failure.... crying

Promise not to again buh....
Re: Three Things We Learnt From The National Assembly Leadership Elections Yesterday by Eluwilussit(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
softnipples:
Buhari's regime would have been one chance if not for what happened yesterday grin grin

I so much love the begining of this regime grin

PDP is not dead and buried afterall

Beauty and brain! I am happy we still have some youth that can think deeply and constructively. You are very right. It is a win for our democracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$2.1bn Arms: Festus Keyamo Explains Why Jonathan Might Not Be Prosecuted / Why President Buhari And I Didn't Visit Dapchi - VP Osinbajo Reveals / Okorocha Commends Oyegun For Canceling Imo LGA Congress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.