Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? (7721 Views)

Has Anyone Seen God Or Not? / ‘Face To Face With Lucifer’: TB Joshua's Meeting With Lucifer Goes Viral / 10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Empiree: 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
truthman2012:

Trash!!

Why do you need a secondary source if the quran is complete?
I will take this as excuse for seeking sincere knowldge. Yes, Quran is complete. By secondary source, it means hadith is practical i:e deeds, sayings and silent approval a k a Sunnah of prophet Muhammad(Allah's blessings and peace shower upon him and his household).

Just like Paul and others narrated stories about Jesus, what they 'saw' him did, said, practiced etc. Problem with your bible however is it's mixed up of God's word and others. That's why christians are unable to differentiate between God and Jesus, words of man from God's word and the whole thing got mixed up.

Is like you spent 4 in yrs in college. At the end, you have to serve or go for project. SERVE AND PROJECT are practicals i:e your sunnah. You record your activities here and there in separate booklets apart from your text books. Same in Islam. Quran is revealation to the prophet ONLY. His followers(muslims) could not undersrand Quran directly unless by following the prophet. So he is example. That's why we have tafsir (explanation of Quran) recorded separately. Hope this helps. I just tried to make up this analogy.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by 9jaforlife: 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
truthman2012:

Huum!!

How much of islam do you know?

Definitely, much more than the lies you've been fed cool

Muhammad claimed he saw Allah, who reduced your salat to 5 from 50 per day. Isn't it?

I swear by the star
when it goes
down.Your
companion does not
err, nor does he go
astray; Nor does he
speak out of desire.
It is naught but
revelation that is
revealed, The Lord
of Mighty Power has
taught him, The
Lord of Strength; so
he attained
completion, And he
is in the highest
part of the horizon.
Then he drew near,
then he bowed. So
he was the measure
of two bows or
closer still. And He
revealed to His
servant what He
revealed. The heart
was not untrue in
(making him see)
what he saw. WHAT! DO YOU THEN DISPUTE WITH HIM AS TO WHAT HE SAW?
And
certainly he SAW HIM
in another
descent, At the
farthest lote-tree;
Near which is the
garden, the place to
be resorted to.
When that which
covers covered the
lote-tree; The eye
did not turn aside,
nor did it exceed
the limit. [size=16pt] Certainly
he saw of the
greatest signs of his
Lord.
[/size]
Qur'an 53:1-18

Therefore Muhammad must have contradicted corroborated the quran for seeing your Allah who it says no vision can grasp.

The bold part of your post above, Q53:18 sums it all. He (PBUH) did NOT see Allah FACE TO FACE

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Empiree: 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
9jaforlife:

Definitely, much more than the lies you've been fed cool

The bold part of your post above, Q53:18 sums it all. He (PBUH) did NOT see Allah FACE TO FACE
You dey mind him. I read his post and smh. He is a typical oniranu

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Ayomivic(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:

So, what do you have to say about the verse I quoted? especially that of Timothy which says "whom no one HAS SEEN or CAN SEE.

Also in Exodus, YHWH himself said "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and LIVE."

Is this some sort of contradiction or what? remember Moses saw YHWH face to face.

Who do we believe now

Don't you understand what it mean to see someone face to face. Moses did not see the face of God .You too quoted the verse where God told Mose that no human would see his face and remain alive what Moses saw is not the face of God
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Ayomivic(m): 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Oga ade shattapp

MOSES saw your God face to face
give us the verse where he sees God face to face.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Ayomivic(m): 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

When last did you read your bible?

Exodus 33:11

New International Version
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

God speaks to Moses as one would speak to his frind. He only heard the voice he did not see his face.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Demmzy15(m): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
truthman2012:

Trash!!

Why do you need a secondary source if the quran is complete?
Ode!!! grin grin Deactivate your account shap shap jor, this humiliation is too much!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ayomivic:

God speaks to Moses as one would speak to his frind. He only heard the voice he did not see his face.

This is what face to face interaction between friends look like below. Does that indicate they do not see themselves?

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
Ayomivic:

give us the verse where he sees God face to face.

What do you think face to face interaction is? Pls read that here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face-to-face_interaction When a direct comparison of friend interaction comes in, how is it hard for you to see that face contact will always be involve in face to face discussion?

Take a look at what face to face interaction is below

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by atoleybaba(m): 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Oga ade shattapp

MOSES saw your God face to face
moses saw d glory of God
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
atoleybaba:
moses saw d glory of God

Dumb.

Did God glory speaks?

Moses speak with God. God glory doesn't mouth to speak
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by truthman2012(m): 8:48am On Jun 13, 2015
Demmzy15:

Ode!!! grin grin Deactivate your account shap shap jor, this humiliation is too much!!! cheesy

See your choice of words. Islam doesn't have morals. Abuses, killings etc are the trademark of the evil religion and that shows the true nature of your god (satan in disguise).

May God deliver you from islamic/satanic deception.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Maamin(m): 9:00am On Jun 13, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol.

What do you mean by "flesh and bone" ??

According to Genesis 32:22-32, Jacob didn't just saw God face-to-face, Jacob wrestles with God. shocked smh

Stop cherry picking the bible...here is a verse that throws more light on Gen 32:22-32...

Hosea 12:2-4 "2 The LORD hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.

3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

4 Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;"
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Jerryolumide(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2015
Rilwayne001:

So, what do you have to say about the verse I quoted? especially that of Timothy which says "whom no one HAS SEEN or CAN SEE.

Also in Exodus, YHWH himself said "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and LIVE."

Is this some sort of contradiction or what? remember Moses saw YHWH face to face.

Who do we believe now

Moses didn't!!! Read your Bible wella, God only showed Moses his back not his face
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Jerryolumide(m): 9:16am On Jun 13, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol.

What do you mean by "flesh and bone" ??

According to Genesis 32:22-32, Jacob didn't just saw God face-to-face, Jacob wrestles with God. shocked smh

Do you read Bible at all?
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Demmzy15(m): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
truthman2012:

See your choice of words. Islam doesn't have morals. Abuses, killings etc are the trademark of the evil religion and that shows the true nature of your god (satan in disguise).

May God deliver you from islamic/satanic deception.
So I can't be vulgar to you as a person, but you can come and abuse and curse my religion for free?! You must be sick, like I said earlier deactivate your account because you're nothing but a loser. You think this job of yours could do you any God?! It's better for you to leave so as your "sins" won't pile-up.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by truthman2012(m): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Demmzy15:

So I can't be vulgar to you as a person, but you can come and abuse and curse my religion for free?! You must be sick, like I said earlier deactivate your account because you're nothing but a loser. You think this job of yours could do you any God?! It's better for you to leave so as your "sins" won't pile-up.

You are so desirous that I leave. Smh!!!

My presence is intimidating you and your allahh. For wanting me to leave, I will not leave. I will keep pricking your heart with the truth.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Demmzy15(m): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
truthman2012:

You are so desirous that I leave. Smh!!!

My presence is intimidating you and your allahh. For wanting me to leave, I will not leave. I will keep pricking your heart with the truth.
OK o!
*In Patience Jonathan's voice*
Continue! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Ayomivic(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

What do you think face to face interaction is? Pls read that here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face-to-face_interaction When a direct comparison of friend interaction comes in, how is it hard for you to see that face contact will always be involve in face to face discussion?

Take a look at what face to face interaction is below
if that was what you mean by face to face, Moses did not see the face of God. Wha he saw was the cloud coming down upon the tent and he heard God voice
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Medicis(m): 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
Rilwayne001:

And you kept lying to yourself when verse is so glaring. Carefule reading of the context shows that it was the people that saw the pillar of clouds while Moses entered into the tent and saw the God os israel face to face. Now, pay attentiom to this.

Exo 33:8 And whenever Moses went out to the tent, all the people rose and stood at the entrances to their tents, watching Moses until he ENTERED the tent . Exo 33:9 As Moses went INTO the tent, the pillar of cloud would come down and stay at the ENTRANCE, while the LORD spoke with Moses. Exo 33:10 Whenever the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance to the tent, they all stood and worshiped, each at the entrance to his tent.

We are told that Moses had already entered the tent to speak with the Lord, while the cloud stand as barrier to prevent the people from seeing what was going on inside.

Please stop lying, we are not fools.
angry

WOW!!!! You guys seem to know the Bible even more than us. Even God himself said in Exodus 33:20 But he said , ''you cannot see my face; for no man shall see me and live.'' This clearly shows that Moses did not see God in his GLORY in chapter 33:11. What the Bible simply means is that God has shown himself to people in different form but never in his GLORY(Exact form). I DARE YOU TO SHOW ME A PLACE IN THE BIBLE WHERE ANYBODY SAW GOD IN HIS GLORY. You can never discredit the Bible, it has been around before you were born and will still be around after you are long gone. I RELEASE YOU FROM SPIRITUAL CATARACT IN JESUS NAME!!!!!
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by atoleybaba(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Dumb.

Did God glory speaks?

Moses speak with God. God glory doesn't mouth to speak
lame question.. He heard d voice of God while hiding in a cave and when he decided to look at God,he could only see God's glory...also I think this abstract will helpyou gotten from WWW.jw.org....o human has literally seen God. (Exodus 33:20; John 1:
18; 1 John 4:12 ) The Bible says that “God is a Spirit,” a
form of life that is invisible to the human eye.— John 4:24;
1 Timothy 1:17 .
God can be seen directly by angels, though, because they
are spirit creatures. ( Matthew 18:10 ) Moreover, some
humans who die will be raised to life in heaven with a spirit
body and will then be able to see God.— Philippians 3:20,
21; 1 John 3:2 .
How to “see” God now
The Bible often uses the idea of seeing figuratively, to
represent enlightenment. ( Isaiah 6:10; Jeremiah 5:21; John
9:39-41 ) In this sense, a person can see God now with “the
eyes of [his] heart” by having faith so as to know Him and
appreciate His qualities. (Ephesians 1:18 ) The Bible
describes steps to build this kind of faith.
Learn about God’s qualities, such as his love and
generosity as well as his wisdom and power, through
his creation . ( Romans 1:20 ) After being reminded of
God’s creative works, the faithful man Job felt as
though God were right before his eyes.— Job 42:5 .
Get to know God by studying the Bible . “If you search
for [God], he will let himself be found by you,” the Bible
assures us.— 1 Chronicles 28:9; Psalm 119:2; John
17:3 .
Learn about God through the life of Jesus. Since Jesus
perfectly reflected the personality of his Father, Jehovah
God, he could rightly say: “Whoever has seen me has
seen the Father also.”— John 14:9 .
Live in a way that pleases God , and see how he acts in
your behalf. Jesus said: “Happy are the pure in heart,
since they will see God.” As noted earlier, some who
please God will be resurrected to heaven and will thus
“see God” there.— Matthew 5:8; Psalm 11:7 .
Did not Moses, Abraham, and others
actually see God?
In accounts where it might seem that the Bible says that
humans literally saw God, the context shows that God was
represented by an angel or appeared by means of a vision.
Angels. In ancient times, God sent angels as his
representatives to appear to humans and to speak in his
name. (Psalm 103:20 ) For example, God once spoke to
Moses from a burning bush, and the Bible says that “Moses
hid his face, because he was afraid to look at the true
God.” (Exodus 3:4, 6 ) Moses did not literally see God,
though, for the context shows that he actually saw
“Jehovah’s angel.”— Exodus 3:2 .
Similarly, when the Bible says that God “spoke to Moses
face-to-face,” it means that God conversed with Moses
intimately. ( Exodus 4:10, 11; 33:11 ) Moses did not actually
see God’s face, for the information he received from God
“was transmitted through angels.” ( Galatians 3:19; Acts 7:
53 ) Still, Moses’ faith in God was so strong that the Bible
described him as “seeing the One who is invisible.”—
Hebrews 11:27 .
In the same way that he spoke to Moses, God
communicated with Abraham through angels. Granted, a
casual reading of the Bible might give the impression that
Abraham literally saw God. ( Genesis 18:1, 33 ) However, the
context shows that the “three men” who came to Abraham
were actually angels sent by God. Abraham recognized
them as God’s representatives and addressed them as if he
were speaking directly to Jehovah.— Genesis 18:2, 3, 22,
32; 19:1 .
Visions. God has also appeared to humans through
visions, or scenes presented to a person’s mind. For
instance, when the Bible says that Moses and other
Israelites “saw the God of Israel,” they really “saw a vision
of the true God.” (Exodus 24:9-11 ) Likewise, the Bible
sometimes says that prophets “saw Jehovah.” (Isaiah 6:1;
Daniel 7:9; Amos 9:1 ) In each case, the context shows that
they were given a vision of God rather than a direct view of
him.— Isaiah 1:1; Daniel 7:2; Amos 1:1 .

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Empiree: 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
Medicis:
WOW!!!! You guys seem to know the Bible even more than us. Even God himself said in Exodus 33:20 But he said , ''you cannot see my face; for no man shall see me and live.'' This clearly shows that Moses did not see God in his GLORY in chapter 33:11. What the Bible simply means is that God has shown himself to people in different form but never in his GLORY(Exact form). I DARE YOU TO SHOW ME A PLACE IN THE BIBLE WHERE ANYBODY SAW GOD IN HIS GLORY. You can never discredit the Bible, it has been around before you were born and will still be around after you are long gone. I RELEASE YOU FROM SPIRITUAL CATARACT IN JESUS NAME!!!!!
Dont you get it?. Look at underlined and compare with this verse

Genesis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: [size=15pt]"For I have seen God face to face, but my life was saved."[/size]

So Bible contradicts itself. Get over it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
Medicis:

You are still rambling after busting your lie abi undecided undecided ?
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
Empiree:
Dont you get it?. Look at underlined and compare with this verse

Genesis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: [size=15pt]"For I have seen God face to face, but my life was saved."[/size]

So Bible contradicts itself. Get over it.

Don't mind that fellow. After his previous lie got bursted, he is now gasping at straw.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
Jerryolumide:

Do you read Bible at all?

YEAH, here is what I read, Does God Tempts?

"And it came to pass after these things, that God did TEMPT Abraham." (GEN 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (JAS 1:13)
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Rilwayne001: 8:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
Maamin:

Stop cherry picking the bible...here is a verse that throws more light on Gen 32:22-32...

Hosea 12:2-4 "2 The LORD hath also a controversy with Judah, and will punish Jacob according to his ways; according to his doings will he recompense him.

3 He took his brother by the heel in the womb, and by his strength he had power with God:

4 Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;"

Finish this by quoting verse 5
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Empiree: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Don't mind that fellow. After his previous lie got bursted, he is now gasping at straw.
Exactly! like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MZWj9AfPOM

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Medicis(m): 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
JACOB'S wrong in receiving his brother's blessing by fraud was again brought forcibly before him, and he was afraid that God would permit Esau to take his life. In his distress he prayed to God all night. An angel stood before Jacob, presenting his wrong before him in its true character. As the angel turns to leave him, Jacob lays hold of him, and will not let him go. He makes supplications with tears. He pleads that he has deeply repented of his sins and the wrongs against his brother, which had been the means of separating him from his father's house for twenty years. He ventures to plead the promises of God and the tokens of His favor to him from time to time in his absence from his father's house.

All night Jacob wrestled with the angel, making supplication for a blessing. The angel seemed to be resisting his prayer, by continually calling his sins to his remembrance, at the same time endeavoring to break away from him. Jacob was determined to hold the angel, not by physical strength, but by the power of living faith. In his distress Jacob referred to the repentance of his soul, the deep humility he had felt for his wrongs. The angel regarded his prayer with seeming indifference, continually making efforts to release himself from the grasp of Jacob. He might have exercised his supernatural power and forced himself from Jacob's grasp, but he did not choose to do this.

But when he saw that he prevailed not against Jacob, to convince him of his supernatural power, he touched his thigh, which was immediately out of joint. But Jacob would not give up his earnest efforts for bodily pain. His object was to obtain a blessing, and pain of body was not sufficient to divert his mind from his object. His determination was stronger in the last moments of the conflict than at the beginning. His faith grew more earnest and persevering until the very last, even till the breaking of the day. He would not let go his hold of the angel until he blessed him. "And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me." The angel then inquired, "What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed." Why can't some people just understand that even if Jacob said his life was spared, the Angel he wrestled was not in his full Glory because if sinful Man should see God in his fullness of glory(His exact form) sinful man would die. NO MAN HAS EVER SEEN GOD IN HIS FULLNESS OF GLORY!!!!!
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
[size=17pt]NO one has seen God the father except Jesus Christ.... Moses saw the back of God... But technically Many saw God (Jesus) cos anyone who sees the son has seen the father because in colossians 2 it says it has pleased the deity to dwell in Christ in bodily form.... Praise Jesus Christ![/size]
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Esdb3: 6:41am On Jun 14, 2015
Rilwayne001:

[size=15pt] THE BIBLE SAID NO. [/size]

1Ti 6:15-16 …………--God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Exo 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

The question is: How true is this using the same bible?

Cc; allnaijablogger, malviguy, truthman2012, ifeann, true2god, jagoon, jcross, proffdada macelliot, bingbagbo, prophetudeme

No one has ever seen him "face to face"! Only Moses saw his back parts!

And what is your business! You are a muslim! All this what we have complained to Mr seun to simply do here what he did to islamic section.
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Maamin(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Finish this by quoting verse 5

Here is verse 5 "5 Even the LORD God of hosts; the LORD is his memorial."

And your point is? undecided
Re: Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 15, 2015
lepasharon:
Daniel saw God too.
hy atheist were have you been?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Problem With Religion, Including Science. / Do Mermaids Really Exist??? / Man Gives £480 Million To Church In 'Pact With God'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.