Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn (1839 Views)

2019: Presidential Nomination Forms To Cost N10million / Less Talk, More Action: Russian Jets Destroy ISIS Hqs, Tanks, Munition Depots – / Buhari rejects proposal for Chad, Niger to head central force against Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by midolian(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
The base of a multi-national military offensive against Boko Haram will cost some $30 million over the next year, the head of a regional security grouping said Wednesday in Nigeria, appealing for help.

His comments came as defence ministers and military chiefs from Nigeria, Chad, Niger, Cameroon and Benin — which will contribute military personnel, police and civilians to the so-called Multi-national Joint Task Force (MNJTF) — met in Abuja to thrash out plans to take on the militants.

Nigeria’s new President Muhammadu Buhari has made stopping Boko Haram’s bloody, six-year insurgency a top priority, and on Thursday he will meet with his regional counterparts in a high-level summit on the issue in the Nigerian capital.

“The total amount required to set up and sustain the MNJTF headquarters for the next 12 months is about $30 million (27 million euros),” said Sanusi Imran Abdullahi, head of the Lake Chad Basin Commission security grouping that includes Nigeria and nearby countries.

“The troop-contributing countries are responsible for equipping and sustenance of their battalion.”

The long-awaited task force, which has its headquarters in Chad’s capital N’Djamena under a senior Nigerian officer, was originally due to have been operational in November. In the meantime, troops from Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroon have been fighting Boko Haram insurgents in northeast Nigeria for several months and have claimed a series of successes.

But since Buhari took office on May 29, Boko Haram attacks have risen with 12 recorded and a total of 109 people killed, according to AFP reporting.
Abdullahi said it was crucial to quickly deploy the force to “sustain the offensive on the Boko Haram terrorist group who should not be given the time and space to regroup, as this may constitute a much more potent threat than we witnessed.” He appealed to other regional groupings to contribute resources to help fight the insurgency, which has left at least 15,000 people dead.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/boko-haram-hqs-of-regional-force-against-boko-haram-to-cost-30mn/
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by resty4(m): 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
What?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by nkowaputa(m): 5:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
I hope PMB is not going to use the whole of his tenure fighting BH.
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by nkowaputa(m): 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
K
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
6.3 billion naira about to go down the drain.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by tociano009(m): 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
One chance

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by dustmalik: 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
chuna1985:
What drain are you talking about? Do you think warfare is cheap? Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by midolian(m): 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
chuna1985:
when will you ever be reasonable? undecided This pessimism is definitely connected to the fact that u hate Buhari.. And all u want is to see him fail..u don't care about the country and those who will be affected... Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by buharisambisada: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
If it were GEJ that said he would use 30 mil usd some people would have screamed and used it for political gains.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
dustmalik:

What drain are you talking about? Do you think warfare is cheap? Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

Its both s.tupid n a waste of our scarce funds for buhari to move our command n control centre to Maiduguri

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
buharisambisada:
If it were GEJ that said he would use 30 mil usd some people would have screamed and used it for political gains.

ur right brother, buhari is spending like gej n also taking all the steps he took n some Nigerian Satanoids are applauding him.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by jorlons(m): 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
For those making senseless comments above, please realize GEJ and PMB are not the same. One (PMB) is genuinely committed to the course, the other (GEJ) only pretended to be committed.

Secondly, the report didn't say the project will be funded by Nigeria. I implore you TANoids to always read and understand perfectly before embarrassing yourselves on a public forum.

Cc lalasticlala OAM4J seun

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
jorlons:
For those making senseless comments above, please realize GEJ and PMB are not the same. One (PMB) is genuinely committed to the course, the other (GEJ) only pretended to be committed.

Secondly, the report didn't say the project will be funded by Nigeria. I implore you TANoids to always read and understand perfectly before embarrassing yourselves on a public forum.

Cc lalasticla.la OAM4.J seu.n
thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
dustmalik:

And when Jonathan asked for a billion dollars not only to fight boko haram but to modernise our military you guys screamed no.

Here is Buhari spending $30million to build a command centre in Tchad.

I pity the janjawiid for his brain is turned off!

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
chuna1985:

Chanji

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by ideology(m): 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
Nigerians shine your eyes else you will be one chanced shocked

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
jorlons:

Cc lalasticlala OAM4J seun

This post reeks of sentimental bullsh1t.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
chuna1985:

Its both s.tupid n a waste of our scarce funds for buhari to move our command n control centre to Maiduguri

'Aku yoyi'

Goats.
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
This post reeks of sentimental bullsh1t.
Fool.
Watin u know.

Agwagwa

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Chanji

If not that I respect people, I could have said 'you are stupid'
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
buharisambisada:

You are hullucunating.
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

If not that I respect people, I could have said 'you are stupid'

Then I would have responded by saying 'Your mother is a basstard'.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by CallPolice: 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
Imagine what boko haram is causing us now. Money that will be spent on other things is now used to combat terrorism. It will never be well with them in Jesus name.
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Then I would have responded by saying 'Your mother is a basstard'.

I don't have time for a jobless drunkard like you. Keep on wasting your entire life on hating Buhari while he does not know weather you wasted 'sperm' exist.

I have better things to do, am not like you who goes in all day and all night on Nairaland.

Old fool.

Jaki

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Fool.

Watin u know.

Agwagwa

And you can add blind fanatiscm to you ever growing list of Plebeian attributes.
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
That's quite a lot of money.....but any amount just to crush those demons is acceptable by me.

On this note, on behalf of the GoldStraw Group, I wish to announce the humble donation of the sum of $5,200,000 to this cause. I also pledge to make more donations as soon as global oil prices increase. Thank you!
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

And you can add blind fanatiscm to you ever growing list of Plebeian attributes.

I don't have time for jobless drunkard like you.

Wawa
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by CallPolice: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Jonathan would have spent 60mil usd and there would nothing to show for it.

buharisambisada:
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by BLOTRS: 1:50am On Jun 11, 2015
i pray this won't be a waste...are they planning to use the centre forever? only the Nigerian army was able to inflict heavy damage on bokoharam within 6 weeks to the presidential elections...is the multinational joint task force planning to take a much longer time under buhari?...i see $30m centre as a waste. or are we trying to build something greater than the military bases we already have in bokoharam enclave? oh okay while concentrating efforts on building, boko haram should keep bombing and killing innocent civilians ryt? common buhari we need you to pull stunts as a retired major General.
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by bunmititi(f): 2:58am On Jun 11, 2015
i said it!
when buhari went to Niger,
they told him to settle them because of all their boko haram boys that have been killed by Nigeria Army!
this $30million is just the first installment!
IDRIS DEBY IS USING THIS BOKO HARAM THING TO BLACKMAIL BUHARI!
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:07am On Jun 11, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

I don't have time for a jobless drunkard like you. Keep on wasting your entire life on hating Buhari while he does not know weather you wasted 'sperm' exist.

I have better things to do, am not like you who goes in all day and all night on Nairaland.

Old fool.

Jaki

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
Re: Boko Haram: Hqs Of Regional Force Against Boko Haram To Cost $30mn by midolian(m): 6:29am On Jun 11, 2015
bunmititi:
i said it!
when buhari went to Niger,
they told him to settle them because of all their boko haram boys that have been killed by Nigeria Army!
this $30million is just the first installment!
IDRIS DEBY IS USING THIS BOKO HARAM THING TO BLACKMAIL BUHARI!
And if dem ask this "MAN" now, hin sef go say hin get brain o! SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hameed Ali Shows Up At Customs HQ, Wants To Serve As Sole Administrator / External Reserves Fall To $30.794bn, Inflation Inches To 9.3% / wd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.