Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? (2626 Views)

Why Do Most People With Fine Voices Turn Out Ugly? / When You Ask For A Hug From A Church Girl (pic) / Do Guys Like To Hug Ladies Because Of Their Boobs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by ammamat(f): 3:01pm On Feb 20, 2009
Here are comments from
people
1.Handshakes or sometimes just a "hello"if its the first time I'm meeting them, hugs if we've met before
2.It depends on who it is, some people i'm more huggy with than others, but I don't really do anymore than that.
3.First time meeting usually a handshake but when I say goodbye to that person there's usuallya hug and probably a kiss on the cheek.
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Ben13: 3:16pm On Feb 20, 2009
ammamat:

3.First time meeting usually a handshake but when I say goodbye to that person there's usuallya hug and probably a kiss on the cheek.
undecided
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by sistawoman: 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2009
It really depends on:
1. the vibe from the person when we meet
2. the place or context under which we meet

So if I meet someone new at an office party a handshake. If I meet someone new at my girls spot a hug might do. I am a very touchy feelly (sp) person so i tend to prefer person contact; unless of course the person looks dirty then just a wave from across the room.
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by pawn89(m): 3:46pm On Feb 20, 2009
i think it sure depends on

1. the person
2. level of relationship between u and the person.
personally any works for me regardless of who
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Magz(m): 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2009
I don't kiss anyone except my kid
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Grizzly(m): 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2009
hmmm.
its not wise to go about kissing everybody u just met, cheek or anywhere else
i'd say shake them.
Like they say, it depends really on the person
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by webstar(m): 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2009
a handshake but for family members, usually hug, for lil bros cheek peck
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by CrazyMan(m): 9:12pm On Feb 20, 2009
A hand shake would be preferable
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by IGWE8: 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2009
For me, I 'll say whichever one you are comfortable with, but you gotta behave before a stranger by using either hand hake or simple say Hi!.
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Ihuoma85(f): 11:32pm On Feb 20, 2009
It really depends.

Close friends who i really i know i usually give hug ang kiss on the cheek.

Other friends gets hug or handshake. Ppl i dont know get handshake, maybe hug in the end.

Im a hugging person though. I like and recieve hugs grin
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by glorina: 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2009
My hubby and i hug each other with our sweet asses kiss
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Caper143(f): 12:50am On Feb 21, 2009
A handshake to a stranger, a hug to friend, a kiss to my love. wink
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:19am On Feb 21, 2009
Depends on my relationship with the person. . .

Close friends and loved ones. . .a hug or kiss on the cheek. . .but for strangers or peeps am not so close too. . .a handshake would do. . .or simple greeting.
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by MissyB1(m): 1:22am On Feb 21, 2009
I do handshake but before I blink . . . .
They just pull me closer. . . ready to plant a kiss on my cheek. sad
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Gabry(f): 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2009
1) I lift up my head and say Wassup - If its people the same age like me or if their Black people Excluding Nigerians and Jamaicans

2) Crunch my fist and do two light box at my chest from a slightly far distance. I come near the person and give a snap handshake and ask the person How far? - If I meet a Nigerian

3) Give a side low high five and said Yo Mann - if I meet a Jamaican

4) Hug the person and give a peck on the cheek - If I meet someone older

5) Wave my hands and said Hi with a BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG SMILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE on my face to the rest of the people
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by ammamat(f): 12:49pm On Feb 23, 2009
these ar good, but how about not wanted a kiss or peack and the person draw closer
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Gabry(f): 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2009
Than Ill just pat the back or just give a smile
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by ammamat(f): 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2009
Lol , I will just pat back, but there are sturborn guys around
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Gabry(f): 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2009
U mean like they would still want to kiss?
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by ammamat(f): 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2009
yeah yeah
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Gabry(f): 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2009
Ooohhh. . Thats easy. Before they do, you look behind them and point your finger at the direction which you ae looking and say it a loud voice "WHAT IS THAT!!!?!?" and than they will look that way and you walk infront of them and you turn your heads towards them and say, "By the way, its nice meeting you". And you just walk away and smile. smiley

It always works for me grin
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Ben13: 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2009
gabby, where have thou been?
Re: How Do You Greet People? With A Hug? Kiss? Handshake? by Gabry(f): 3:41pm On Feb 23, 2009
Pele ooo Been busy with the wedding and now with work and study. Wassup with you? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Missing Condom / My Gf Attemptd Succide Cus I Wnted 2 Break Up Wt Her. Am I At Fault? / I Want To Have A Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.