Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? (17421 Views)

Condom Manufacturer, Durex, Ranks Nigeria Women The Most Unfaithful In The World / NIGERIAN Women Ranked Most UNFAITHFUL In The WORLD / Nigerian Women Ranked Most Unfaithful In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by mckaycee(m): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2005
Infaithfulness in Relationships

Nairalanders! Let's come down to these allegations of unfaithfulness. Who is more unfaithful and causes heartbreak in a relationship? The man or the woman?
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by casper(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2005
men
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by queen2(f): 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2005
Ofcourse most of the time..is Men...may God help them
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by layi(m): 2:15am On Oct 19, 2005
MEN
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by vexxy(f): 2:21am On Oct 19, 2005
Both!

I think it's even.

I say this because women are unfaithful but don't really admit it.

Women have the tendency to get emotionally connected to another man which is also unfaithfulness lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by layi(m): 2:34am On Oct 19, 2005
@vexxy
I disagree. As long as there isnt any affair between her and the other man, she isnt unfaithful.
Its not a sin to be tempted but a sin to yield to it. Lots of married men too get attached to  d other woman but the responsible ones fight it consciously. We r humans.
As long as there isnt an affair between them ..Its not infidelity yet.
Anybody can get carried away . But the essence /beauty of relationships comes when u both makes conscious efforts to stick together regardless of these "temptations".
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by vexxy(f): 3:20am On Oct 19, 2005
So you don't think it's cheating if you're wife has an emotional affair with someone else?  It only counts if you're physical?

When she's hurt she no longer talks to you, she calls to talk to him
When she's happy, she no longer talks to you, she talks to him
She's become connected with him and it's not cheating?

1 Like

Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by layi(m): 4:00am On Oct 19, 2005
Thats already an affair. It doesnt have to be sexual. I thot u meant ...just trippin for sum1 else.
Maybe i didnt get u well. But i feel if she's trippin for someone else. Its not infidelity. She's human but when she acts on it like the scenario u just painted ..then she's cheating.
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by Seun(m): 4:03am On Oct 19, 2005
Women are more bothered by the idea that their man is "truly in love" with the other woman - the emotional connection. That's why some cheating men have been able to get forgiveness by claiming "she means nothing to me, it's you I really want".

Men are more concerned about the actual sex. They only care about the emotional aspect because they know that, generally, when a man enters a woman's head, it's easy for him to enter her ---ts too!

As for the idea that a woman who is dating should not fall ("trip"wink for anyone else, I think that's very wrong. if you want her all to yourself, marry her. A relationship that has not led to marriage can be broken anytime if a more suitable partner is found.
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by vexxy(f): 4:08am On Oct 19, 2005
seun: As for the idea that a woman who is dating should not fall ("trip"wink for anyone else, that's utter nonsense. if you want her all to yourself, marry her. A relationship that has not led to marriage can be broken anytime if a more suitable partner is found.

True. Unfortnately there are a lot of broken marriages as well due to the fact that one or the other believes they have found a more suitable partner.

1 Like

Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by niceguy(m): 9:06am On Oct 19, 2005
I think men are unfaithful, because men feel that they are superior and so
they can do whatever they like, men will be messing up here and there
but if na women u go hear say the man dont give ham red card. So men
are unfaithful.
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by otokx(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2005
in nigeria its the men and that is very sad
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by fabian(f): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2005
Here in Africa, I believe men have more tendencies to be unfaithful, because in Africa, men are seen as laws unto themselves and our society does not really frown at them when they are discovered with Mistresses and all what nots.
On the other hand, when women are found to be cheationg on their spouses, it is seen as an ABOMINATION!
African women tend to go for the Emotional attachements with other men, which is also the same thing as cheating, but more often, when women are dissatisfied with their marriages, they tend to suffer it alone in silence and wallow in their unhappiness for the sake of the children and also because of the stigma that comes with an unfaithful wife.
In the Western world, women are more Liberated and independent so they tend to do as they would please like the men do.

2 Likes

Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by Motee(f): 9:56am On Oct 19, 2005
Well to me, they can both be more unfaithful. It is just a pity that men's own come out most often because they cannot hide it and for women, we are more secretive than men.
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by Danasco(m): 11:37am On Oct 19, 2005
MEN are worst than women in this case. It has become an almost natural phenomenon for Nigerian Men to keep an extral marital affairs. It all bore down to our attitude and perception of what marriage is. Some people looked at their wives as a tool to keeping the house safe against all odds,some men looked at them as a companion. It all depend on which camp you choose to belong to .

worst as this phenonmenon has become, our parents and probably those saddled with the responsibility to bringing us up do not help matter. They beat their wives, abuse them and assault them in presence of the children. we therefore, grow up having the picture of woman as a tool to use as robot. She cook and wash the man clothes. his family member will come around and all her effort to impress them will yield no result. He subject her to all manner of insult even in presence of her children.

Islamically, it wrong for a man to raise his hand against his wife, it is more so when she wash for u and face all ill treatment. The wonam is to be treated like angel and accorded serious respect.

Unfaithfulness is as a result of our perception about marriage. when we looked at mariiage as an institution to be reverly respected and binded to, the better for us and this will reduce the scourge of unfaithfulness.

Upbringing has alot of role to play in this case. Parent MUST learn to be faithful while the children are watching.

1 Like

Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by mosiate(f): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2005
in my own view, woman are still more faithful,coz one they fall in love that's all
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by mckaycee(m): 5:27pm On Oct 19, 2005
Can believe this? Does it mean that 99% of men are unfaithful? Now if it so, what %age of women are faithful? They make men do it. No woman can say she is faithful to her spouse wether married or not. When they are not doing it, they are thinking of doing it.

Sorry, but that's my view. Don't crucify me. ;d ;d ;d I also know it is 50:50

1 Like

Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by fabian(f): 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2005
No we wont............. there's freedom of expression in nairaland but abeg, nor shout
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by mckaycee(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2005
Thanx sis, but have you been unfaithful once?
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by mckaycee(m): 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2005
"Ofcourse most of the time..is Men...may God help them"
Queen dear, have you ever been unfaithful once, just once?
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by layi(m): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2005
mckaycee:

Thanx sis, but have you been unfaithful once?

Ha! why now?

Fabian and unfaithful resemble?
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by solomon(m): 6:31pm On Oct 19, 2005
As for me it is women who are unfaithful,because in case were by two are dating and along the line maybe something happen and the man can no longer meet up to the woman demand what happen next she we quit and find someone else;so women are unfaithful.
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by goodguy(m): 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2005
The simple truth here is none is more unfaithful. Unfaithfulness among the two genders is equal. Men do it at the same rate as women do, both here in Africa and in the western world.
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by debola(f): 12:08am On Oct 20, 2005
it the women cos they get so easily interested in nice things when they have problem with there men...but the men brakes heart alots..women dont have the liver to do that instead they keep away.....
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by vexxy(f): 12:47am On Oct 20, 2005
Hum,

I think that men usually tend to stray when there is a lack of respect for them, no peace in the home, and /or the wife/girlfriend becomes unattractive to them or intimacy is with held.

I think that women tend to stray when their emotional needs are not being met.

At any time in any relationship these things can arrise. That is why I think the number is pretty even. If not 50-50 then maybe 60-40 men leading.
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by PaypalGod(m): 1:22am On Oct 20, 2005
I think that the man has more probability of being unfaithful. the woman too can fall a victim too. Besides most times, an unfaithful man cheats on his woman by having an affair with another unfaithful woman. It takes more than morals to be faithful...
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by vexxy(f): 1:32am On Oct 20, 2005
Good point PPG wink
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by layi(m): 9:22am On Oct 20, 2005
PaypalGod:

..............Besides most times, an unfaithful man cheats on his woman by having an affair with another unfaithful woman....

The woman doesnt have to be unfaithful to date an unfaithful man. Most times she is unaware of the man's unfaithfulness.
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by Motee(f): 9:34am On Oct 20, 2005
Not these days again Layi. Majority of them knows what they are going into and they don't care because they believe there is maturity, understanding and financial capability in it.
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by mckaycee(m): 9:38am On Oct 20, 2005
Layi, I really understand your point. But let me ask you, as a man, have you been unfaithful to your girlfriend (because I know you have one)?
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by fabian(f): 9:53am On Oct 20, 2005
Na wah for you oh! i know Layi has not been unfaithful to his girlfriend, cos he told me so, he'd rather let her go if he has any issues he thinks would lead to unfaithfulness.
How about you mckaycee, have you been unfaithful?
Re: Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? by layi(m): 10:04am On Oct 20, 2005
Motee:

Not these days again Layi. Majority of them knows what they are going into and they don't care because they believe there is maturity, understanding and financial capability in it.
....and does that make the lady unfaithful?
I still insist that most of the unfaithful men cheat wit single ladies not engaged/married ladies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Perfect Gift For Your Ex On Their Wedding / How I Cheated On My Girlfriend Wit Her Friend / How To Lighten Your Skin Naturally (no Need To Use Bleaching Cream)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.