Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter (36042 Views)

Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo / Mugabe Still Angry At Nigeria Over Sahara TV Incident / Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real ON Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 12, 2015
Adeola Fayehun of Sahara Reporters have been forced to bring her popular weekly show Keeping It Real, to an abrupt end after the backlash she received all over Africa after her encounter with Mugabe during the May 29th Presidential inauguration.

I confess, I will really miss her show even though I hated the way she attacked GEJ in some of her episodes, but It's still a good show and I have learned a lot about what goes on in some African countries and the world in general.

Wishing her success in her next project.

See her last episode here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6E21Fp1Itk

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:09am On Jun 12, 2015
Ohkae
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 12, 2015
Mitcheeww....

Foolish woman, what were she thinking when she started all these problem, well she has to bear 'her cross'...

She wants to be regarded as a 'hero and the voice of the voiceless"...

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by papaejima1: 12:33am On Jun 12, 2015
Have never and will never watch her show

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Emade(m): 12:43am On Jun 12, 2015
That is africa for us...I sori sori oooo

4 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by ellechrystal(f): 12:49am On Jun 12, 2015
U see, there is nothing as good as a polite woman, a woman with a good attitude.
How can u disgrace a president that much? A man who got d throne wen u were still a toddler, kai.
This freedom of speech d devil has succeeded in using to destroy some people.
If she had spoken to d man politely with respect with less regards to his shortcomings I think she wouldn't ve been tagged bad or even ended her show.
They thought this was jonathan who they destroyed n said all sort of things about?
This is a pure lesson to her.
She crossed her line big tym.
I just pray dey don't come after her d other way round...
hmmm

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by chinchum(m): 12:57am On Jun 12, 2015
God bless you sis. Some traditions and cultures have turned some to ireedemable zombies.

What respect does a tyrant mugabe deserve by the way? Na only mugabe get sense for 35 years and running to be Zimbabwe president?

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by ellechrystal(f): 2:17am On Jun 12, 2015
chinchum:
God bless you sis. Some traditions and cultures have turned some to ireedemable zombies.

What respect does a tyrant mugabe deserve by the way? Na only mugabe get sense for 35 years and running to be Zimbabwe president?
My dear, it's none of our business. She should ve allowed zimbabeans to make d noise or protest.
To b honest , she didn't act well. She was rude, n no one needs to b applauded for being rude regardless .
We're his people complaining?
I understand here we ve no much respect for d Presidency, n as such we can say anything, but it should ve ended here at home, n she decided to b d hero of journalism.
I would recommend she visits an ISIS or Boko haram dominated area n ask one of their leaders some deep questions like she did mugabe . Now that would ve landed her in CNN or BBC.
but unfortunately , she rather brought herself down.
She was rude, simple.
She has an attitude of attacking people, n see where it has landed her. Too bad.

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
U see, there is nothing as good as a polite woman, a woman with a good attitude.

hmmm
and to think this is coming from a woman, sister, you just made my day, good to know there are still women of valour, God bless you

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by ellechrystal(f): 2:30am On Jun 12, 2015
jack67:
and to think this is coming from a woman, sister, you just made my day, good to know there are still women of valour, God bless you
Bless u too sweet Brother.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by pedel: 2:56am On Jun 12, 2015
What is going to happen to Omoyele Sowore, the owner of Shara Reporter any TV? He was also there when the lady was asking the question. They were both insulting the old man. Does that mean Sowore's career is also over in Sahara reporters?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
How can u disgrace a president that much? A man who got d throne wen u were still a toddler, kai.
If she had spoken to d man politely with respect with less regards to his shortcomings I think she wouldn't ve been tagged bad or even ended her show.
They thought this was jonathan who they destroyed n said all sort of things about?
hmmm
God bless GEJ. She really need to pray for her life and avoid anything that will take her to that country.

17 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Desola(f): 4:15am On Jun 12, 2015
The girl is being picked up by western media.

They value her more so now she is stepping up to the international stage.

39 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by olatomiwa(f): 4:56am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
hmmm
call her a bad journalist , call her unprofessional but leave her gender out of it. I am amazed that a female wrote this gender boxing contribution. Shame!

62 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by angelTI(f): 5:22am On Jun 12, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Ymodulus: 6:20am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal

I am sure you never watched, the video you just went on to comment. Did you notice that Adeola Fayehun of Sahara Reporters, was sarcastic a bit?
Did you also notice she truly believe she never did anything wrong?

Did you also [b]noticed that Christine Amanpour of CNN asked Mugabe same question Adeola asked Mugabe in Nigeria? Yet no one called Christine Amanpour an irresponsible journalis[/b]t?
Did you notice, how she stressed the hypocrisy of Nigerians?

Same Nigerians say her actions were non patriotic, yet same Nigerians laugh at same president muhabe and say he his a bad president.

I am not surprised, this is a major reason Africa is far from development and improvement. Nigeria is a country where truth and fairness will never happened. We are people that hate the truth, everything we do we are not sincere. What i observed over the years no matter how good and beautiful a thing is, take it to nigeria within a flash that thing becomes bad and ugly because of who we are. Look at religion both muslim and christianity, electricity. education, socio_economic life. We are far from civilisation, though we are independent we are still much in bondage. Adeola you too good to be talking about Nigeria.

Now I believe its true, when Nelson Mandela said 'it's a long walk to freedom'. As we Africans refuse to face the truth, that will ultimately set us free.

122 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by cupid4ig(m): 6:36am On Jun 12, 2015
Ymodulus:
ellechrystal

I am sure you never watched, the video you just went on to comment. Did you notice that Adeola Fayehun of Sahara Reporters, was sarcastic a bit?

Did you also noticed that Christine Amanpour of CNN asked Mugabe same question Adeola asked Mugabe in Nigeria? Yet no one called Christine Amanpour an irresponsible journalist?

Same Nigerians say are actions are non patriotic, yet same Nigerians laugh at same president and say he his a bad example.

To all those insulting Adeola, she did nothing wrong. In the field of Journalism, when there is no intent of sensationalism and emotional attachment, Adeola's action is what is required.

Adeola Fayehun of Sahara Reporters, shes a hero, a great one and if I get my media house tomorrow. I will employ her.
that's how u guys keep supporting evil. well until u have ur own media house, but until then it serves her right smh

13 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by spenca: 6:38am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:

My dear, it's none of our business. She should ve allowed zimbabeans to make d noise or protest.
To b honest , she didn't act well. She was rude, n no one needs to b applauded for being rude regardless .
We're his people complaining?
I understand here we ve no much respect for d Presidency, n as such we can say anything, but it should ve ended here at home, n she decided to b d hero of journalism.
I would recommend she visits an ISIS or Boko haram dominated area n ask one of their leaders some deep questions like she did mugabe . Now that would ve landed her in CNN or BBC.
but unfortunately , she rather brought herself down.
She was rude, simple.
She has an attitude of attacking people, n see where it has landed her. Too bad.

I can't believe you just said this , it is none of the worlds believe if BOKO Haram kills everyone in Nigeria then. Journalism has no bound. FYI Mugabe didn't close the show she decided to stop because she couldn't handle the emotions of words she got from people

13 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by rocoh(m): 6:39am On Jun 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
hmmm

True. This is Africa even if ones Father is wrong you still don't talk rudely to him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by spenca: 6:42am On Jun 12, 2015
olatomiwa:
call her a bad journalist , call her unprofessional but leave her gender out of it. I am amazed that a female wrote this gender boxing contribution. Shame!

I was overwhelmingly dissappointed at reading her post but I was just to lazy to give her a detailed message on how her reasoning is so poor and how she sees gender as a barricade to duty.

24 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Emphany: 6:43am On Jun 12, 2015
Ymodulus:
ellechrystal

Did you also noticed that Christine Amanpour of CNN asked Mugabe same question Adeola asked Mugabe in Nigeria? Yet no one called Christine Amanpour an irresponsible journalist?

Same Nigerians say are actions are non patriotic, yet same Nigerians laugh at same president and say he his a bad example.

To all those insulting Adeola, she did nothing wrong. In the field of Journalism, when there is no intent of sensationalism and emotional attachment, Adeola's action is what is required.

Adeola Fayehun of Sahara Reporters, shes a hero, a great one and if I get my media house tomorrow. I will employ her.
I smell sentiments...

8 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Ymodulus: 6:44am On Jun 12, 2015
spenca:

I can't believe you just said this , it is none of the worlds believe if BOKO Haram kills everyone in Nigeria then. Journalism has no bound. FYI Mugabe didn't close the show she decided to stop because she couldn't handle the emotions of words she got from people

That's it. Ellechrystal never watched the video, she only came to pour her hatred.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by spenca: 6:45am On Jun 12, 2015
rocoh:

True. This is Africa even if ones Father is wrong you still don't talk rudely to him.

And how was she rude other than she was addressing a head of state ,if she had asked you those questions would you have regarded as being rude ?

7 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Ymodulus: 6:56am On Jun 12, 2015
cupid4ig:
that's how u guys keep supporting evil. well until u have ur own media house, but until then it serves her right smh
Adeola is educating people, you only need to read the comments to realise many don't even know about the circumstances in their own countries. With such knowledge people are expecting more from their leaders and are no longer up for complacency.

Each country has problems but our continent as a whole has failed in many aspects, which ultimately brings those who are trying, down too. Our own presidents allow them to milk our continent (or in Nigeria's case - take their oil), these scandals include them too and benefits their own pockets. It's not as if they've been forced too by their colonia.

Yoi say me employ her? Adeola is a talented, intelligent and courageous journalist who is an energy source. Some of the best interviews i have seen are hers. I will Never forget her interview with President Goodluck Jonathan on the streets of New York. It was a candid honest interview.
Adeola is free press personified and asking Mugabe said questions was the right thing to do.
Its sad, she just want the blossom of courage , energy and determination to go off the air.

ADEOLA is my Hero.

You call her evil but yourself is evil. For seeing evil and not stopping evil you are evil.

Let me end with the words of Jesus Christ in the book of Matthew he said

"
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Bye

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Ymodulus: 7:04am On Jun 12, 2015
Emphany:
I smell sentiments...
no sentiments mate.

Rather I see sentiments from various nairalanders here, who criticize Adeola, yet the support that Nasty Radio Biafra Presenter who incites violence and treason against his country on air and then say he his a journalist.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by 0key: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2015
@ Ellechrystal, thanks for the detailed comments. Only those who are blinded by sentiment that will not see how uncultured her approach was. She was totally rude and unprofessional in her approach as a journalist regardless of how bad or good Mugabe was.

8 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 12, 2015
Ymodulus:
ellechrystal

Did you also [b]noticed that Christine Amanpour of CNN asked Mugabe same question Adeola asked Mugabe in Nigeria? Yet no one called Christine Amanpour an irresponsible journalis[/b]t?

Same Nigerians say her actions were non patriotic, yet same Nigerians laugh at same president muhabe and say he his a bad president.

I am not surprised, this is a major reason Africa is far from development and improvement. Nigeria is a country where truth and fairness will never happened. We are people that hate the truth, everything we do we are not sincere. What i observed over the years no matter how good and beautiful a thing is, take it to nigeria within a flash that thing becomes bad and ugly because of who we are. Look at religion both muslim and christianity, electricity. education, socio_economic life. We are far from civilisation, though we are independent we are still much in bondage. Adeola you too good to be talking about Nigeria.

Now I believe its true, when Nelson Mandela said 'it's a long walk to freedom'. As we Africans refuse to face the truth, that will ultimately set us free.
STFU and go and learn what is really happening in Zimbabwe. Better still, go to your village and dash your own land to the first white man you see. Zimbabweans refuse to be slaves on their ancestral land. You can be a slave as long as you wish on yours. Talkative dunce.

20 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Ymodulus: 7:36am On Jun 12, 2015
ROSSIKE:
STFU and go and learn what is really happening in Zimbabwe. Better still, go to your village and dash your own land to the first white man you see. Zimbabweans refuse to be slaves on their ancestral land. [/b]You can be a slave as long as you wish on yours. [b]Talkative dunce.

To show how dull you are, you couldn't respond to a decent post appropriately and you will be among one of those touts claiming to be a literate. You ignores the whole essence of the words in bold to reply this?

Man do you know what comprehension is?? How many times did you write waec?

Dullard. This is why I say Nigerians are hypocritical, you hail a ngerian sending Igbos out of privacy land or support the Ghana must go order back then now you claim Mugabe is a hero.

Mr Rossike read this, so you know the damage Mugabe did with his so-called Land Reform, it got the country which used to be Bread Basket to a Basket Case. Read : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022014/Mugabes-land-seizures-white-farmers-cost-Zimbabwe-7bn.html

You don't just make national decisions without thinking of its side effect. Well I don't expect you to understand. Biafran hypocrite.

Karshen Munafiki ki.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 12, 2015
Ymodulus:

To show how dull you are, you couldn't respond to a decent post appropriately and you will be among one of those touts claiming to be a literate. You ignores the whole essence of the words in bold to reply this?

Man do you know what comprehension is?? How many times did you write waec?

Dullard. This is why I say Nigerians are hypocritical, you hail a ngerian sending Igbos out of privacy land or support the Ghana must go order back then now you claim Mugabe is a hero.

Mr Rossike read this, so you know the damage Mugabe did with his so-called Land Reform, it got the country which used to be Bread Basket to a Basket Case. Read : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022014/Mugabes-land-seizures-white-farmers-cost-Zimbabwe-7bn.html

You don't just make national decisions without thinking of its side effect. Well I don't expect you to understand. Biafran hypocrite.

Karshen Munafiki ki.

The minute I saw you post a DAILY MAIL link, I knew you were not worth my time. The UK Daily Mail newspaper (for those who don't know) is a thoroughgoing right wing, conservative newspaper. They were at the forefront of those calling for the non-release of Mandela and called him a terrorist while he was in prison. These are the same people you are quoting about Zimbabwe? And we are supposed to take you serious?

23 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Ymodulus: 7:44am On Jun 12, 2015
ROSSIKE:

The minute I saw you post a DAILY MAIL link, I knew you were not worth my time. The UK Daily mail newspaper (for those who don't know) is a thoroughgoing right wing, conservative newspaper. They were at the forefront of those calling for the non-release of Mandela and called him a terrorist while he was in prison. These are the same peoPle you are quoting about Zimbabwe? And we are supposed to take you serious?

Mr man, you claim Sahara Reporters is biased, now daily Mail. Please give me your own neutral news house.

This has nothing to do with Mandela. Also using one of their past to judge their future is wrong. They may have reasons and facts for calling Mandela a terrorist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by dBard: 7:45am On Jun 12, 2015
Ymodulus:
ellechrystal

Christiane Amanpour is Not in her league.

Amanpour usually doesn't appear blatantly rude or appear to be badgering her interviewee no mata how contentious the issues.
She's mastered d art of being politely impolite.

The girl acted like an agbero..fullstop.

She should learn her lessons and move on.

Talking hypocrisy, would she have accosted someone like Putin d same way

Lubbish

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gov Dickson Was Right, Most Of Rivers And Bayelsa Youth Are Lazy. See Why... / 'Nnamdi Kanu Told Us To Kill Igbo Chiefs Who Don’t Want Biafra' - BBC Igbo / Appointment: ‘APC Is Holding Buhari Hostage’ - Newtelegraphonline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.