Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter (36065 Views)

Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo / Mugabe Still Angry At Nigeria Over Sahara TV Incident / Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real ON Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by segedoo(m): 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
Desola:
The girl is being picked up by western media.

They value her more so now she is stepping up to the international stage.

You deserve a loyalty award o Desola8-)
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Amodemaja: 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
Amara25god:
Mitcheeww....

Foolish woman, what were she thinking when she started all these problem, well she has to bear 'her cross'...

She wants to be regarded as a 'hero and the voice of the voiceless"...

My friend if u r not couragious that is u not for som1 who has her own style or brand of jounalism. What exactly is wrong with these qustions to someone who ruled for over 30yrs at 90yrs & still not thinking of steping down? ok these are the questions

“Mr President don’t you think its time to step down sir?” Adeola asked Mugabe. “Is there something like a term limit” she asked.

“When will there be change in Zimbabwe just like we are having in Nigeria?” she went on.

“Are you happy to be in Nigeria?” “When are you stepping down?” “How is your health?” “How do you feel about the fact that you are in Abuja to witness a democratic handover of power when there is no such in your own country"

Now is it morally right for him to come & attend an event that he disallowed in his country.
What big deal is it to answer such questions if he is a good leader. If am asked such question my answer will be "when I loose the election, as long as am voted in that mean my poeple still see values in me". That solves it but they were all confused. You may want to read this on her http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/05/nigeria-satirist-adeola-fayehun-robert-mugabe-ambush

2 Likes

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Momcherry(f): 1:04am On Jun 13, 2015
nifton:

So u recalled his former signature too,i thought i was d only one that saw that.

I wonder when he started believing in God to the extent of quoting the Bible.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by msmee(f): 5:45am On Jun 13, 2015
She's not your typical reporter and I love that about her. I will say she's the Nigerian equivalent of someone like Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 13, 2015
Amodemaja:

My friend if u r not couragious that is u not for som1 who has her own style or brand of jounalism. What exactly is wrong with these qustions to someone who ruled for over 30yrs at 90yrs & still not thinking of steping down? ok these are the questions

“Mr President don’t you think its time to step down sir?” Adeola asked Mugabe. “Is there something like a term limit” she asked.

“When will there be change in Zimbabwe just like we are having in Nigeria?” she went on.

“Are you happy to be in Nigeria?” “When are you stepping down?” “How is your health?” “How do you feel about the fact that you are in Abuja to witness a democratic handover of power when there is no such in your own country"

Now is it morally right for him to come & attend an event that he disallowed in his country.
What big deal is it to answer such questions if he is a good leader. If am asked such question my answer will be "when I loose the election, as long as am voted in that mean my poeple still see values in me". That solves it but they were all confused. You may want to read this on her http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/05/nigeria-satirist-adeola-fayehun-robert-mugabe-ambush

Why don't don't she allow the people of that country to ask their president when he will be stepping??

Or are there no press in that country??, I can only tel you that she had one thing in mind when she asked him that senseless question "I'll be a hero in africa for asking a seating head of state when he will step down'..

There are many political parties in that country and elections are been conducted, but the old keeps playing with their brain (rigging election in his own Favour)

I advise the people his country should unite against him and BRING HIM DOWN
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by bosunjohns(m): 10:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
forexexpert:

Adeola Fayehun of Sahara Reporters have been forced to bring her popular weekly show Keeping It Real, to an abrupt end after the backlash she received all over Africa after her encounter with Mugabe during the May 29th Presidential inauguration.

I confess, I will really miss her show even though I hated the way she attacked GEJ in some of her episodes, but It's still a good show and I have learned a lot about what goes on in some African countries and the world in general.

Wishing her success in her next project.

See her last episode here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6E21Fp1Itk

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
[quote author=bosunjohns post=34775263][/quote]

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by bosunjohns(m): 8:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
What?
chuna1985:

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by sweetgala(m): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
ellechrystal:

My dear, it's none of our business. She should ve allowed zimbabeans to make d noise or protest.
To b honest , she didn't act well. She was rude, n no one needs to b applauded for being rude regardless .
We're his people complaining?
I understand here we ve no much respect for d Presidency, n as such we can say anything, but it should ve ended here at home, n she decided to b d hero of journalism.
I would recommend she visits an ISIS or Boko haram dominated area n ask one of their leaders some deep questions like she did mugabe . Now that would ve landed her in CNN or BBC.
but unfortunately , she rather brought herself down.
She was rude, simple.
She has an attitude of attacking people, n see where it has landed her. Too bad.

As much abuse as GEJ got on social media and online platforms I don't remember incidents where respectable people have jeered him in public, that is where Adeola crossed the line
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by ellechrystal(f): 9:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
sweetgala:

As much abuse as GEJ got on social media and online platforms I don't remember incidents where respectable people have jeered him in public, that is where Adeola crossed the line
xactly, but some people just lack basic understanding to disern right from wrong, n its sad.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
bosunjohns:
What?
Didn't hear from u again. Did u get my email?
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by bosunjohns(m): 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
chuna1985:

Didn't hear from u again. Did u get my email?
please what exactly are you talking about? I don't seem to get.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
bosunjohns:
please what exactly are you talking about? I don't seem to get.

I made a post about some set of illnesses n u took interest in autoimmune n then u sent me an email on chuma1985@yahoo.com

I sent u a reply(though late) to add me on what's app but u didn't reply.

Ur symptom is general body pain if I remember correctly, I was asking whether it has stopped. I fink I might have an idea of what's happening to u.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by slimfit1(m): 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
She is only stupid for ending the show , journalism is not when you talk about useless issues . She is a brave women stupid for quiting thou. If everybody weres to be reacting like that we would not be news.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Shecy: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2015
ellechrystal:

xactly, but some people just lack basic understanding to disern right from wrong, n its sad.

if GEJ had used 35 years in power countless numbers of journalist would have crossed the f*****ucking line too.... dont u get! she only asked questions most africans would be dying to have answers to, and of course that was the only place a journalist like Adeola could ambush him. and as for her saying he his old, his he not? because i dnt understand u people, do u fink Mugabe would ever grant an interview? or do u fink if Adeola goes to Zimbabwe to ask such she ll ever come back alive? or do u think he shouldn't be asked questions at all after messing up his whole country this way?? One more question is that does he want to will the Country to his child if he has one? Nigerians are very hypocritical and would never call a spade a spade, rather they ll say its an agricultural implement. Adeola really f****ucked up Big time for ending the show because of that!!! simple... "LET THEM SAY" while u get more popular baby. even pple dat doesnt know Adeola wants to watch her show now.....
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 18, 2015

Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by bosunjohns(m): 9:50am On Jun 18, 2015
chuna1985:

I made a post about some set of illnesses n u took interest in autoimmune n then u sent me an email on chuma1985@yahoo.com

I sent u a reply(though late) to add me on what's app but u didn't reply.

Ur symptom is general body pain if I remember correctly, I was asking whether it has stopped. I fink I might have an idea of what's happening to u.

Very true. I didn't get the mail you sent. I've pmed you. Thanks for a reply.
Re: Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter by msmee(f): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
she's back!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osita Okechukwu Hails Oshiomole's Suspension / Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG / Olusegun Obasanjo Dances & Exercises To Keep Himself Fit (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.