Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION (44588 Views)

Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2016 / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
It's 5pm
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
....waiting!
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
dejt4u:
It's 5pm
waiting for Tbaba1234's hot questions
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by tbaba1234: 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Day 8 Questions

I. There are three persons among the Ansar whom no one could excel in virtue, Who are these??

Ii. Which companion met Khusraw Parvez the King of Persia and Heraclius, the Byzantine emperor? Please state the reasons.

Iii. Which of the prophet's companion were the companions advised to emulate his Quranic recitation as he recited it as fresh as it was revealed?

Iv. Which companion did the prophet welcome with the statement ' Welcome unto him on whose account my Sustainer has rebuked me."? Why?

V. In whose house did the prophet (SAW) stay when he arrived Yathrib? How was this determined?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
I) Usayd ibn Khudayr
Abbad ibn Bishr and
Sad ibn Muadh

II) His name is Abdullah ibn Hudhafah

The reason is that prophet sent letters to the two rulers through him (Abdullah ibn Hudhafah), inviting them to Islam.

III) Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (Radiyallahu anhu)

IV) Abdullah Ibn Umm Maktum

This was because prophet didn't respond to his request to recite some verses to him, due to the fact that prophet was busy convincing other people to Islam.
Allah later revealed 16 verses to prophet concerning him.

V) Bani an-Najjar
It was determined after prophet (SAW) turned down request from the richest man in Medina. Prophet pointed to his camel nd followed it's way until it stopped at a place. This is because the camel is under Allah's command.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
tbaba1234:
Day 8 Questions

I. There are three persons among the Ansar whom no one could excel in virtue, Who are these??
Sad Ibn Muadh
Usayd Ibn Khudayr
Abbad Ibn Bishr

Ii. Which companion met Khusraw Parvez the King of Persia and Heraclius, the Byzantine emperor? Please state the reasons.
Abdullah Ibn Hudhafah As-sahmi
He was sent by Prophet to deliver letters to them inviting them to Islam

Iii. Which of the prophet's companion were the companions advised to emulate his Quranic recitation as he recited it as fresh as it was revealed?
Abbad Ibn Bishr

Iv. Which companion did the prophet welcome with the statement ' Welcome unto him on whose account my Sustainer has rebuked me."? Why?
Abdullah Ibn Umm Maktum
A revelation came to Prophet after he turned away from him when he asked the prophet to teach him from what Allah has taught Prophet. The prophet turned away because all his attentions were with the prestigious group of Quraysh he is negotiating with.

V. In whose house did the prophet (SAW) stay when he arrived Yathrib? How was this determined?
he first spent 3days at Quba before relocating to a house belonging to Bani an-Najjar whis was used as drying place for dates by two young orphans; Sahl and Suhayl

The wealthiest men in Medinah invited him to come and live with them and share their riches but he refused and pointing to his she-camel, Qaswa'. And said, Let her go her way.
They let the camel go until she finally knelt down beside a house belonging to the Bani an-Najjar
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
1.Sad Ibn Muadh
Abbad Ibn Bish
Usayd Ibn Khudayr.

2. Abdullahi Ibn Hudhafah As-Sahmi was sent to the king of persia, while Dihya Ibn Khaleefah Al-Kaibi was sent to heraclius.

Their mission was to invite these rulers to give up their religion and forsake their power and glory and accept islam as their religion.

3.Abbad Ibn Bishr.

The prohet once stood up to perform tahajjud in Aisha's house when he heard a voice reciting the quran, pure and sweet and as fresh as when the angel Jibril revealed the words to him. He asked " is that the voice of Abbad Ibn Bishr?. Yes 0' messenger of God: replied Aisha.

4. Abdullahi Ibn Umm Maktum.

The prophet always greeted him with these words of humility because of the revelation he received from Allah concerning his reaction towards Abdullah when Abdullah once requested the holy prophet to read a verse of the quran for him and the prophet ignored him because he was preaching to a group of quraish to accept islam. The revealation:
He frowned and turned away when the blind man approached him...... (Abasa 80:116).

5. Abu Ayuob ( of the Banu Najjar)

The camel of the holy prophet came to a halt and knelt in front of the banu najjars. A man, Abu Ayoub stepped forward with his saddle and took it into his house. Then the prophet(peace be upon him) said:
" A man goes with his saddle (Saheeh Bukhari)
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
.....mods, its 5:20pm
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by tbaba1234: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
Day 9 Questions

Salam

1. Who is the first ambassador in Islam. Explain

2. Tawheed is divided into 3. List and explain.

3. What lead to the study of tawheed as we know it today.

4. Who was the first person to recite the Quran in public, what surah and what happened to him.

5. What is the name of the first sect to break out of Islam or the main body of Muslims?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
1) Mus'ab bn 'Umair
This is because he was very intelligent, brilliant, very good in communication, and smart, the reasons why he was loved by everyone and allowed to sit with elders. That is why he was sent as ambassador.

2) Tawheed ar-Ruboobiyyah
Tawheed al-Uloohiyyah
Tawheed al-Asma was-Sifaat

Tawheed ar-Ruboobiyyah means to believe that Allah alone is the Creator, Provider, Sustainer, etc without ascribing partners to them. Allah alone has the power over destiny.

Tawheed al-Asma was-Sifaat: this is belief in Allah’s Names and Attributes, as it is stated in the Quran:
"To Him belongs all the Best Names. All that is in the Heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.”
So, this Tawheed deals with believing in the 99 names of Allah.

Tawheed al-Asma wa-Sifaat: this is belief in Allah without rival and His divinity and worship.

3) What led to the study of Tawheed is the confusion among Muslim Ummah after the death of the prophet. Although Islam was spreading, but there was also apostasy. That was what led to the study of Tawheed.

4) Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud

Suratul Rahman

He was punished by laying him down on a hot desert and forced him to abandon Islam, which he didn't do.

5) Sunni sect.

Allahu 'alam

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
tbaba1234:
Day 9 Questions

Salam

1. Who is the first ambassador in Islam. Explain
Mus'ab bn 'Umayr
he was sent to Yathrib and other cities explicitly to deliver the gospel of Islam.. He was chose by prophet because of his vast range of knowlegde and his oratory skills..

2. Tawheed is divided into 3. List and explain.
Tawheed al-Uluhiyyah:
This is to believe that Allah alone is the creator, provider and sustainer without ascribing any partners whatsoever to him. He alone has the power over destiny.

Tawheed ar-Rububiyyah:
It is the belief in Allah without rival and His divinity and worship.

Tawheed al-Asma washifaat:
the belief in Allah’s Names and Attributes, as it is explicitly stated in the glorious Quran(i.e believing in the 99 names of Allah); "To Him belongs all the Best Names. All that is in the Heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.”

3. What lead to the study of tawheed as we know it today.
The study of Tawheed is as a result of the confusion among Muslim Ummah after the death of the prophet. The apostacy rate was on the increase

4. Who was the first person to recite the Quran in public, what surah and what happened to him.
Abdullah Ibn Mas'ood
Suratul Rahman.
the Quraysh went up to him and began beating his face as he continued reciting. The blood began to flow from his face

5. What is the name of the first sect to break out of Islam or the main body of Muslims?
the Shia Sect.. They rebell against Uthman and he was later assassinated.. His dealth lead to the first Islamic civil war which is knwn as the first Fitna
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
1. Mus'ab Ibn Umair.

He was choosen by the prophet because of the love the prophet have for him and for the fact that he is experiencd and knowledgeable.

2. Tauheed-Ar-Ruboobiyyah- To believe in the absolute oneness of Allah as the Rabb and the only loed of the universe.

Tauheed-_uloohiyya- To believe in the absolute oneness of Allah as the one and only 'Ilaah' of the world. That Allah alone is the craetor, the sustainer and he alone deserved to be worshipped.

Asma Wa Sifaat- To believ in all the noble names and attribute of Allah.

3. Reasons for the study of tauheed includes:

Tauheed provides safety from Allah wrath on the day of judgement and is also the reason behind being entered into paradise as Allah forbids paradise for the mushrikun.

Knowing the names and attributes of Allah allows one to call Allah in dua'a.

It gives understanding about what Allah hates.

4. Abdullah ibn Mas-ud

He was purnished under the hot sun of the desert and was asked to renounce islam.

5. Shia sect.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by AgentXxx(m): 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
1)Musab ibn Umayr was the first ambassador of islam as he was sent to medina to propagate islam to the later known as ansar due to his noble character, fine manners, sharp intellect and ability to recite the quran beautifully and movingly...

2a) Tawhid-ar-Rubibiya: To believe that there is only one Lord for all the universe, its Creator, Organizer, Planner, Sustainer, and the Giver of security, etc., and that is Allah.

b)Tawhid-al-Uluhiya: To believe that none has the right to be worshipped [e.g. praying, invoking, asking for help (from the unseen), swearing, slaughtering sacrifices, giving charity, fasting, pilgrimage, etc.] but Allah.

c) Tawhid-al-Asma was-Sifat: To believe that:

(i) We must not name or qualify Allah except with what He or His Messenger SAW has named or qualified Him;

(ii) None can be named or qualified with the Names or Qualifications of Allah; e.g. Al-Karîm;

(iii) We must confirm all of Allah's Qualifications which Allah has stated in His Book (the Qur'ân) or mentioned through His Messenger (Muhammad SAW ) without changing them or ignoring them completely or twisting the meanings or giving resemblance to any of the created things.

3) it was due to Apostacy which erupted as soon as the prophet died, several people were claiming prophethood while some try to regard prophet muhammad (saw) as an equivalent to Allah...

4) Abdullah Ibn Masud

Surat Ar Rahman and it was recited at the kabaah where the quraish chieftains ussually have their meeting and he was lied down and his face well beaten till it was flooding of blood

5) Sunni Sectarian
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by lanrexlan(m): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
I made some observations concerning some answers that were posted and I found out that some of them are wrong. Please let's verify our answers before posting them because many people are here to learn(including myself) and producing wrong answers may put them off. Also people who already know some of the questions and giving them another set of answers, it may create confusion in their minds.
Another observation is that some participants do ask Google and copy and paste the answers which is clearly against the rule of the quiz
. One of the rules say
Sissie: * Copy and paste answers will not be allowed. 5 marks will be deducted if caught, and repeat offenders will get banned from the competition.

The following are my observations.

How many times was the Prophet addressed as Ya Aiyu Nabi?
11times
This is wrong. The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his family) was addressed as O Prophet! in not less than 13times.
These are the places in the Qur'an.

Surah At-Tahrim 66:1
Surah At-Tahrim 66:9
Surah At-Talaq 65;1
Surah Al-Mumtahina 60:12
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:1
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:28
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:45
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:50
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:59
Surah Al-Anfal 8:64
Surah Al-Anfal 8:65
Surah Al-Anfal 8:70
Surah At-Taubah 9:72

How many times does the Qur'an emphasizes on Charity or alms giving?
How the answer is 150 is what I don't know. The word Sadaqât was emphasized on in 14 places in Surah Al Baqarah 2;196,263,264,270,271,273, Surah An Nisa 4;114 Surah At Taubah 9;58,75,79,103,104 Surah Al Hadid 57;18 and Surah Al Mujadilah 58;12,13

Spending in the cause of Allah was laid emphasis on in 21 places and even if we were to add this to Charity and giving to poor, needy,wayfarer etc it doesn't amount to 150 in my calculation.

4) Who were the Kaathibe-Wahi (copyists of the revelations) of the Qur’an?
Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu),
Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu),
Ali (Radhiallahu Anhu),
Zaid Bin Harith (Radhiallahu Anhu) And Abdullah bin Masood(Radhiallahu Anhu)
I Think the answer here is also wrong. I haven't read any Hadith or seerah that says the people you listed above are among those commanded by the Prophet (Peace be upon him and his family) to write down the revelation. Amr bin Al 'As,Abdullah bin Zubair, Zubair bin Awwam and Said bin Thabit are people I know that the Prophet (Peace be upon him and his family) commanded to write down the revelation of the Qur'an
as read and explained to me by my teachers.

These are few Ahadith to support my claim.

Sahih Al Bukhari Book 61,Haidth 507

Narrated Anas bin Malik: (The Caliph 'Uthman ordered Zaid bin Thabit, Said bin Al-As, 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair and 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Harith bin Hisham to write the Quran in the form of a book (Mushafs) and said to them. "In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit (Al-Ansari) regarding any dialectic Arabic utterance of the Quran, then
write it in the dialect of Quraish, for the Quran was revealed in this dialect." So they did it.

You may say this was after the demise of the Proohet but there are evidences that Thabit was among those that do write down the revelation for the Prophet

Sahih al-Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)) Book 65, Hadith 4725
Narrated 'Zaid bin Thabit Al-Ansari: who was one of those who used to write the Divine Revelation: Abu Bakr sent for me after the (heavy) casualties among the warriors (of the battle) of Yamama (where a great number of Qurra' were killed). `Umar was present with Abu Bakr who said, `Umar has come to me and said, The people have suffered heavy casualties on the day of (the battle of) Yamama, and I am afraid that there will be more casualties among the Qurra' (those who know the Qur'an by heart) at other battle-fields, whereby a large part of the Qur'an may be lost, unless you collect it.........................

Sunan Abu Dawood, Jihad (Kitab Al-Jihad) Book 15, Hadith 31
Narrated ':Zaid bin Thabit said "I was beside the Apostle of Allaah() when the divinely-inspired calmness overtook him and the thigh of the Apostle of Allaah() fell on my thigh. I did not find any weightier than the thigh of the Apostle of Allaah(). He then regained his composure and said "Write down. I wrote on a shoulder................

If you have any proof to dismantle my claims, I am ready to learn.

4)Which are the mosques that are mentioned in the Qur’an
5 mosques:
a)Masjid-ul-Haram.
b)Masjid-ul-Zirar.
c)Masjid-ul-Nabawi.
d)Masjid-ul-Aqsa.
e)Masjid Quba.
Only two mosques were mentioned by name and they were Masjid Al Aqsa and Masjid Al Haram[Surah Al Isra 17:1]. The mosque of Quba was not mentioned by name in the Quran but can only be known when reading the tafsir of the Qur'an and the verse that can referenced with it is Surah At Taubah 9:107-108. I can't even find where mosques of Nabawi and Zirar were mentioned or where references were made to them. That apart.

5)The name of which angels are mentioned in the Qur’an?
4 angels:
a)Jibraeel Ameen.Alaihis

b)Meekaeel.(Alaihis salaam)
c)Haroot.(Alaihis salaam)
d)Maroot.(Alaihis salaam).
Please the name of Malik was also mentioned in the Qur'an in Surah Az Zukhruf 43:77

I once asked a question concerning one of the answers and I am yet to get answer.

@Wizeboy and others in charge of the Quiz. Please can you explain this Hadith concerning the question regarding Uthman bin Affan
Sahih al-Bukhari, Wedlock, Marriage (Nikaah)
Book 67, Hadith 19
Narrated 'Urwa:
The Prophet (pbuh) asked Abu Bakr for `Aisha's hand in marriage. Abu Bakr said " But I am your brother." The Prophet (pbuh) said, "You are my brother in Allah's religion and His Book, but she (Aisha) is lawful for me to marry.
Brother in what sense?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Wizeboy(m): 3:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
I believe there is always a proper way of addressing situation like this than jumping into conclusion that somethings are wrong.. We should learn to be modest in our approach rather than totally condemning somethings which we might at the end of the day been the one who is wrong.

lanrexlan:

This is wrong. The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his family) was addressed as O Prophet! in not less than 13times.
These are the places in the Qur'an.

Surah At-Tahrim 66:1
Surah At-Tahrim 66:9
Surah At-Talaq 65;1
Surah Al-Mumtahina 60:12
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:1
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:28
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:45
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:50
Surah Al-Ahzab 33:59
Surah Al-Anfal 8:64
Surah Al-Anfal 8:65
Surah Al-Anfal 8:70
Surah At-Taubah 9:72 X = Read this verse again, I couldn't find any there.

How the answer is 150 is what I don't know. The word Sadaqât was emphasized on in 14 places in Surah Al Baqarah 2;196,263,264,270,271,273, Surah An Nisa 4;114 Surah At Taubah 9;58,75,79,103,104 Surah Al Hadid 57;18 and Surah Al Mujadilah 58;12,13

Spending in the cause of Allah was laid emphasis on in 21 places and even if we were to add this to Charity and giving to poor, needy,wayfarer etc it doesn't amount to 150 in my calculation.

This is a compilation of verses in Quran, with Yusuf Ali's translation, wherein the word "charity" appears - includes zakat (zakah) and sadaqa, both, i.e., obligatory as well as optional "charity" prescribed for the believers by Allah. zakat also appears as "poor-rate" in Shakir's translation and as "poor-due" in Pickthal's.

NOTE: Take note of some verses where Zakat, Sadaqat, alms appear more than one time

(1) Quran: Surah # 2, Ayat (ayah) # 43 (represented as 002.043)

And be steadfast in prayer; practise regular charity; and bow down your heads with those who bow down (in worship).
---------------------------
(2) 002.083
And remember We took a covenant from the Children of Israel (to this effect): Worship none but Allah; treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need; speak fair to the people; be steadfast in prayer; and practise regular charity. Then did ye turn back, except a few among you, and ye backslide (even now).
(3) 002.110
And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with Allah: for Allah sees Well all that ye do.

(4) 002.177
It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing.
----------------------------
(5) 002.215
They ask thee what they should spend (In charity). Say: Whatever ye spend that is good, is for parents and kindred and orphans and those in want and for wayfarers. And whatever ye do that is good, -Allah knoweth it well.
(6) 002.263
Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. Allah is free of all wants, and He is Most-Forbearing.
(7) 002.264
O ye who believe! cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury,- like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day. They are in parable like a hard, barren rock, on which is a little soil: on it falls heavy rain, which leaves it (Just) a bare stone. They will be able to do nothing with aught they have earned. And Allah guideth not those who reject faith.
(cool 002.270
And whatever ye spend in charity or devotion, be sure Allah knows it all. But the wrong-doers have no helpers.
(9) 002.271
If ye disclose (acts of) charity, even so it is well, but if ye conceal them, and make them reach those (really) in need, that is best for you: It will remove from you some of your (stains of) evil. And Allah is well acquainted with what ye do.
(10) 002.273
(Charity is) for those in need, who, in Allah's cause are restricted (from travel), and cannot move about in the land, seeking (For trade or work): the ignorant man thinks, because of their modesty, that they are free from want. Thou shalt know them by their (Unfailing) mark: They beg not importunately from all the sundry. And whatever of good ye give, be assured Allah knoweth it well.
(11) 002.274
Those who (in charity) spend of their goods by night and by day, in secret and in public, have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
(12) 002.276
Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked.
(13) 002.277
Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
(14) 002.280
If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time Till it is easy for him to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if ye only knew.
(15) 004.077
Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were told to hold back their hands (from fight) but establish regular prayers and spend in regular charity? When (at length) the order for fighting was issued to them, behold! a section of them feared men as - or even more than - they should have feared Allah: They said: "Our Lord! Why hast Thou ordered us to fight? Wouldst Thou not Grant us respite to our (natural) term, near (enough)?" Say: "Short is the enjoyment of this world: the Hereafter is the best for those who do right: Never will ye be dealt with unjustly in the very least!
(16) 004.114
In most of their secret talks there is no good: But if one exhorts to a deed of charity or justice or conciliation between men, (Secrecy is permissible): To him who does this, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall soon give a reward of the highest (value).
(17) 004.162
But those among them who are well-grounded in knowledge, and the believers, believe in what hath been revealed to thee and what was revealed before thee: And (especially) those who establish regular prayer and practise regular charity and believe in Allah and in the Last Day: To them shall We soon give a great reward.
(18) 005.012
Allah did aforetime take a covenant from the Children of Israel, and we appointed twelve captains among them. And Allah said: "I am with you: if ye (but) establish regular prayers, practise regular charity, believe in my messengers, honour and assist them, and loan to Allah a beautiful loan, verily I will wipe out from you your evils, and admit you to gardens with rivers flowing beneath; but if any of you, after this, resisteth faith, he hath truly wandered from the path or rectitude."
(19) 005.045
We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers.
(20) 005.055
Your (real) friends are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).
(21) 007.156
"And ordain for us that which is good, in this life and in the Hereafter: for we have turned unto Thee." He said: "With My punishment I visit whom I will; but My mercy extendeth to all things. That (mercy) I shall ordain for those who do right, and practise regular charity, and those who believe in Our signs;-
(22) 009.005
But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, an seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
(23) 009.011
But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity,- they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.
(24) 009.018
The mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, and fear none (at all) except Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance.
(25) 009.071
The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practise regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise.
(26) 009.075
Amongst them are men who made a covenant with Allah, that if He bestowed on them of His bounty, they would give (largely) in charity, and be truly amongst those who are righteous.
(27) 009.079
Those who slander such of the believers as give themselves freely to (deeds of) charity, as well as such as can find nothing to give except the fruits of their labour,- and throw ridicule on them,- Allah will throw back their ridicule on them: and they shall have a grievous penalty.
(28) 009.104
Know they not that Allah doth accept repentance from His votaries and receives their gifts of charity, and that Allah is verily He, the Oft-Returning, Most Merciful?
(29) 012.088
Then, when they came (back) into (Joseph's) presence they said: "O exalted one! distress has seized us and our family: we have (now) brought but scanty capital: so pay us full measure, (we pray thee), and treat it as charity to us: for Allah doth reward the charitable."
(30) 014.031
Speak to my servants who have believed, that they may establish regular prayers, and spend (in charity) out of the sustenance we have given them, secretly and openly, before the coming of a Day in which there will be neither mutual bargaining nor befriending.
(31) 019.031
"And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

"(He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
"So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!
(32) 019.055
He used to enjoin on his people Prayer and Charity, and he was most acceptable in the sight of his Lord.
(33) 021.073
And We made them leaders, guiding (men) by Our Command, and We sent them inspiration to do good deeds, to establish regular prayers, and to practise regular charity; and they constantly served Us (and Us only).
(34) 022.034
To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice), that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your god is One God: submit then your wills to Him (in Islam): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,-
To those whose hearts when Allah is mentioned, are filled with fear, who show patient perseverance over their afflictions, keep up regular prayer, and spend (in charity) out of what We have bestowed upon them.
(35) 022.041
(They are) those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs.
(36) 022.078
And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive, (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the cult of your father Abraham. It is He Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation) that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and ye be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah! He is your Protector - the Best to protect and the Best to help!
(37) 023.004

Who are active in deeds of charity;

(38) 023.060

And those who dispense their charity with their hearts full of fear, because they will return to their Lord;-

(39) 024.037

By men whom neither traffic nor merchandise can divert from the Remembrance of Allah, nor from regular Prayer, nor from the practice of regular charity: Their (only) fear is for the Day when hearts and eyes will be transformed (in a world wholly new),-

(40) 024.056

So establish regular Prayer and give regular charity; and obey the Messenger. that ye may receive mercy.

(41) 027.003

Those who establish regular prayers and give in regular charity, and also have (full) assurance of the hereafter.

(42) 028.054

Twice will they be given their reward, for that they have persevered, that they avert Evil with Good, and that they spend (in charity) out of what We have given them.

(43) 030.039

That which ye lay out for increase through the property of (other) people, will have no increase with Allah. but that which ye lay out for charity, seeking the Countenance of Allah, (will increase): it is these who will get a recompense multiplied.

(44) 031.004

Those who establish regular Prayer, and give regular charity, and have (in their hearts) the assurance of the Hereafter.

(45) 032.016

Their limbs do forsake their beds of sleep, the while they call on their Lord, in Fear and Hope: and they spend (in charity) out of the sustenance which We have bestowed on them.

(46) 033.033

And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.

(47) 033.035

For Muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah.s praise,- for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward.

(48) 035.029

Those who rehearse the Book of Allah, establish regular Prayer, and spend (in charity) out of what We have provided for them, secretly and openly, hope for a commerce that will never fail:

(49) 041.007

Those who practise not regular charity, and who even deny the Hereafter.

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Wizeboy(m): 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
(50) 057.007

Believe in Allah and His apostle, and spend (in charity) out of the (substance) whereof He has made you heirs. For, those of you who believe and spend (in charity),- for them is a great Reward.

(51) 057.018

For those who give in charity, men and women, and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan, it shall be increased manifold (to their credit), and they shall have (besides) a liberal reward.

(52) 058.012

O ye who believe! When ye consult the Messenger in private, spend something in charity before your private consultation. That will be best for you, and most conducive to purity (of conduct). But if ye find not (the wherewithal), Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.

(53) 058.013

Is it that ye are afraid of spending sums in charity before your private consultation (with him)? If, then, ye do not so, and Allah forgives you, then (at least) establish regular prayer; practise regular charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

(54) 063.010

and spend something (in charity) out of the substance which We have bestowed on you, before Death should come to any of you and he should say, "O my Lord! why didst Thou not give me respite for a little while? I should then have given (largely) in charity, and I should have been one of the doers of good".

(55) 064.016

So fear Allah as much as ye can; listen and obey and spend in charity for the benefit of your own soul and those saved from the covetousness of their own souls,- they are the ones that achieve prosperity.

(56) 073.020

Thy Lord doth know that thou standest forth (to prayer) nigh two-thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and so doth a party of those with thee. But Allah doth appoint night and day in due measure He knoweth that ye are unable to keep count thereof. So He hath turned to you (in mercy): read ye, therefore, of the Qur'an as much as may be easy for you. He knoweth that there may be (some) among you in ill-health; others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah.s bounty; yet others fighting in Allah.s Cause, read ye, therefore, as much of the Qur'an as may be easy (for you); and establish regular Prayer and give regular charity; and loan to Allah a Beautiful Loan. And whatever good ye send forth for your souls ye shall find it in Allah.s Presence,- yea, better and greater, in Reward and seek ye the Grace of Allah. for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

(57) 075.031

So he gave nothing in charity, nor did he pray!-

(58) 092.005

So he who gives (in charity) and fears ((Allah)),

(59) 098.005

And they have been commanded no more than this: To worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being true (in faith); to establish regular prayer; and to practise regular charity; and that is the Religion Right and Straight.

(60) 002.267
O ye who believe! Give of the good things which ye have (honourably) earned, and of the fruits of the earth which We have produced for you, and do not even aim at getting anything which is bad, in order that out of it ye may give away something, when ye yourselves would not receive it except with closed eyes. And know that Allah is Free of all wants, and worthy of all praise.

(61) 003.092
By no means shall ye attain righteousness unless ye give (freely) of that which ye love; and whatever ye give, of a truth Allah knoweth it well.

(62) 002.003

Who believe in the Ghaib and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and spend out of what we have provided for them (i.e. give zakat , spend on themselves, their parents, their children, their wives, etc., and also give charity to the poor and also in Allahs Cause - Jihad, etc.).
-------------------------------

(63) 002.277

Truly those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give zakat, they will have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

(64) 003.017

(They are) those who are patient ones, those who are true (in Faith, words, and deeds), and obedient with sincere devotion in worship to Allah. Those who spend (give the zakat and alms in the Way of Allah) and those who pray and beg Allahs Pardon in the last hours of the night.

(65) 003.180

And let not those who covetously withhold of that which Allah has bestowed on them of His Bounty (Wealth) think that it is good for them (and so they do not pay the obligatory zakat). Nay, it will be worse for them; the things which they covetously withheld shall be tied to their necks like a collar on the Day of Resurrection. And to Allah belongs the heritage of the heavens and the earth; and Allah is WellAcquainted with all that you do.

(66) 006.141

And it is He Who produces gardens trellised and untrellised, and datepalms, and crops of different shape and taste (its fruits and its seeds) and olives, and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in taste). Eat of their fruit when they ripen, but pay the due thereof (its zakat, according to Allahs Orders 1/10th or 1/20th) on the day of its harvest, and waste not by extravagance. Verily, He likes not Al-Musrifoon (those who waste by extravagance),

(67) 009.034

O you who believe! Verily, there are many of the (Jewish) rabbis and the (Christian) monks who devour the wealth of mankind in falsehood, and hinder (them) from the Way of Allah (i.e. Allahs Religion of Islamic Monotheism). And those who hoard up gold and silver (Al-Kanz: the money, the zakat of which has not been paid), and spend it not in the Way of Allah, -announce unto them a painful torment.

(68) 009.035

On the Day when that (Al-Kanz: money, gold and silver, etc., the zakat of which has not been paid) will be heated in the Fire of Hell and with it will be branded their foreheads, their flanks, and their backs, (and it will be said unto them):-"This is the treasure which you hoarded for yourselves. Now taste of what you used to hoard."

(69) 009.060

As-Sadaqat (here it means zakat) are only for the Fuqara (poor), and Al-Masakin (the poor) and those employed to collect (the funds); and for to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam); and to free the captives; and for those in debt; and for Allahs Cause (i.e. for Mujahidoon - those fighting in the holy wars), and for the wayfarer (a traveller who is cut off from everything); a duty imposed by Allah. And Allah is All-Knower, All-Wise.

(70) 009.076

Then when He gave them of His Bounty, they became niggardly (refused to pay the Sadaqah (zakat or voluntary charity)), and turned away, averse.

(71) 009.103

Take sadaqah (alms) from their wealth in order to purify them and sanctify them with it, and invoke Allah for them. Verily! Your invocations are a source of security for them, and Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

I Think the answer here is also wrong. I haven't read any Hadith or seerah that says the people you listed above are among those commanded by the Prophet (Peace be upon him and his family) to write down the revelation. Amr bin Al 'As,Abdullah bin Zubair, Zubair bin Awwam and Said bin Thabit are people I know that the Prophet (Peace be upon him and his family) commanded to write down the revelation of the Qur'an
as read and explained to me by my teachers.

These are few Ahadith to support my claim.

Narrated Anas bin Malik: (The Caliph 'Uthman ordered Zaid bin Thabit, Said bin Al-As, 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair and 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Harith bin Hisham to write the Quran in the form of a book (Mushafs) and said to them. "In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit (Al-Ansari) regarding any dialectic Arabic utterance of the Quran, then
write it in the dialect of Quraish, for the Quran was revealed in this dialect." So they did it.
You may say this was after the demise of the Proohet but there are evidences that Thabit was among those that do write down the revelation for the Prophet

Sahih al-Bukhari, Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)) Book 65, Hadith 4725
Narrated 'Zaid bin Thabit Al-Ansari: who was one of those who used to write the Divine Revelation: Abu Bakr sent for me after the (heavy) casualties among the warriors (of the battle) of Yamama (where a great number of Qurra' were killed). `Umar was present with Abu Bakr who said, `Umar has come to me and said, The people have suffered heavy casualties on the day of (the battle of) Yamama, and I am afraid that there will be more casualties among the Qurra' (those who know the Qur'an by heart) at other battle-fields, whereby a large part of the Qur'an may be lost, unless you collect it.........................

Sunan Abu Dawood, Jihad (Kitab Al-Jihad) Book 15, Hadith 31
Narrated ':Zaid bin Thabit said "I was beside the Apostle of Allaah() when the divinely-inspired calmness overtook him and the thigh of the Apostle of Allaah() fell on my thigh. I did not find any weightier than the thigh of the Apostle of Allaah(). He then regained his composure and said "Write down. I wrote on a shoulder................

If you have any proof to dismantle my claims, I am ready to learn.

I couldn't see anywhere from your claim which dispute that those four were not among the copyists, unless you prove otherwise.

You can as well name those you feel are the copyists of the revelations.

Only two mosques were mentioned by name and they were Masjid Al Aqsa and Masjid Al Haram[Surah Al Isra 17:1]. The mosque of Quba was not mentioned by name in the Quran but can only be known when reading the tafsir of the Qur'an and the verse that can referenced with it is Surah At Taubah 9:107-108. I can't even find where mosques of Nabawi and Zirar were mentioned or where references were made to them. That apart.

MOSQUES

Al-Masjid-al-Haram
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #144)
( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #149)

Masjid-ul-Zirar
The event is mentioned in the Quran verse 9:107, the verse states:
“And there are those who put up a mosque by way of mischief and infidelity - to disunite the Believers - and in preparation for one who warred against Allah and His Messenger aforetime. They will indeed swear that their intention is nothing but good; But Allah doth declare that they are certainly liars. [Quran 9:107]"

The Muslim scholar Ibn Kathir's commentary on this verse is as follows:
“(If we come back from our travel, Allah willing.) When the Messenger of Allah came back from Tabuk and was approximately one or two days away from Al-Madinah, Jibril came down to him with the news about Masjid Ad-Dirar and the disbelief and division between the believers, who were in Masjid Quba' (which was built on piety from the first day), that Masjid Ad-Dirar was meant to achieve. Therefore, the Messenger of Allah sent some people to Masjid Ad-Dirar to bring it down before he reached Al-Madinah. `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said about this Ayah (9:107), "They are some people of the Ansar to whom Abu `Amir said, `Build a Masjid and prepare whatever you can of power and weapons, for I am headed towards Caesar, emperor of Rome, to bring Roman soldiers with whom I will expel Muhammad and his companions.' When they built their Masjid, they went to the Prophet and said to him, "We finished building our Masjid and we would like you pray in it and invoke Allah for us for His blessings
[Tafsir ibn Kathir on 9:107].[7]

Masjid al-Aqsa
Masjid al-Aqsa (المسجد الأقصى) is a sacred mosque in Jerusalem, considered to be the third holiest place in Islam.
Masjid al-Aqsa is referred to in verse (17:1) of chapter (17) sūrat l-isrā (The Night Journey):

Sahih International: Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

Masjid-ul-Nabawi
l-Masjid an-Nabawi (Arabic: المسجد النبوي) or the Prophet's Mosque is a great mosque in Medina, Saudi Arabia. It stands on the site of a mosque built by the Prophet Muhammad himself next to his house and contains his tomb. The Prophet's Mosque is the second holiest mosque in the world after al-Haram in Mecca. (Al-Aqsa in Jerusalem comes in third.)
Read this link for better perspectives about it: http://www.sacred-destinations.com/saudi-arabia/medina-prophets-mosque

Masjid Quba
Quba is the place on the outskirts of Madinah where the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him), accompanied by Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) arrived and first stayed after emigrating from Makkah. They arrived on Monday 12th Rab’i al-Awwal, fourteen years after Prophethood and this date marks the beginning of the Islamic calendar (Hijra), (16th July 622 CE). A masjid was established here by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him), the first to be built in Islam.

Wallahu Alam

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Let's do it again
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by lanrexlan(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
I believe there is always a proper way of addressing situation like this than jumping into conclusion that somethings are wrong.. We should learn to be modest in our approach rather than totally condemning somethings which we might at the end of the day been the one who is wrong.
This is not about jumping into conclusion. I careful read and re read all my claims before making my assertions.

Concerning your first reply
Surah At-Taubah 9:72 X = Read this verse again, I couldn't find any there.
I made a mistake while typing. It's Surah At Taubah 9:73,even if this verse isn't included it doesn't amount to 11times which you claim.

At-Taubah [9:73]
O Prophet (Muhammad SAW)! Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be harsh against them, their abode is Hell, - and worst indeed is that destination.

I couldn't see anywhere from your claim which dispute that those four were not among the copyists, unless you prove otherwise.
You can as well name those you feel are the copyists of the revelations.
Are you kidding me? The burden lies on you to produce where those people you listed were writers of the revelation.
I gave you few Haidth to back up my claims

I said in my previous post.I gave the names in my previous post.

Narrated 'Zaid bin Thabit Al-Ansari: who was one of those who used to write the Divine Revelation: Abu Bakr sent for me after the (heavy) casualties among the warriors (of the battle) of Yamama (where a great number of Qurra' were killed). `Umar was present with Abu Bakr who said, `Umar has come to me and said, The people have suffered heavy casualties on the day of (the battle of) Yamama, and I am afraid that there will be more casualties among the Qurra' (those who know the Qur'an by heart) at other battle-fields, whereby a large part of the Qur'an may be lost, unless you collect it......................

The onus lies on you to produce a single narration where those you mentioned are copyists of the Qur'an. I am here to learn.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Teewhyraul(m): 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
As-Salamu Alaykum, wa Rahmatullah, wa Baarakatuh

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION
DAY 10 QUESTIONS

1) The marriage of a Muslimmah to a non-Muslim is invalid. Back this up with 2 ayats of the Quran.

2) What will Shaytan say to those on the left on the day of Resurrection?

3) The son of Adam slights and disbeliefs in ALLAH. Explain this in accordance to an Ahadith of the Prophet (Sal-Allahu Alahyi wa salam)

4) There's no Prophet except that he has 2 ministers from among the inhabitants of the heavens and from the inhabitants of the earth. Who are the ministers of Muhammad (Sal-Allahu Alahyi wa salam)?

5) Which of these companions is the odd one out
i) Hassan ibn Thaabit
ii) Khubayb ibn Adiy
iii) As'ad ibn Zurarah
iv) Jabir ibn Abd-Allah
v) Amr ibn al-Jamuh
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by lanrexlan(m): 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
Wizeboy: MOSQUES
Al-Masjid-al-Haram
( ﺳﻮﺭﺓ ﺍﻟﺒﻘﺮﺓ , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #144)
( ﺳﻮﺭﺓ ﺍﻟﺒﻘﺮﺓ , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #149)
Masjid-ul-Zirar
The event is mentioned in the Quran verse 9:107, the verse states:
“And there are those who put up a mosque by way of mischief and infidelity - to disunite the Believers - and in preparation for one who warred against Allah and His Messenger aforetime. They will indeed swear that their intention is nothing but good; But Allah doth declare that they are certainly liars. [Quran 9:107]"
The Muslim scholar Ibn Kathir's commentary on this verse is as follows:
“(If we come back from our travel, Allah willing.) When the Messenger of Allah came back from Tabuk and was approximately one or two days away from Al-Madinah, Jibril came down to him with the news about Masjid Ad-Dirar and the disbelief and division between the believers, who were in Masjid Quba' (which was built on piety from the first day), that Masjid Ad-Dirar was meant to achieve. Therefore, the Messenger of Allah sent some people to Masjid Ad-Dirar to bring it down before he reached Al-Madinah. `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said about this Ayah (9:107), "They are some people of the Ansar to whom Abu `Amir said, `Build a Masjid and prepare whatever you can of power and weapons, for I am headed towards Caesar, emperor of Rome, to bring Roman soldiers with whom I will expel Muhammad and his companions.' When they built their Masjid, they went to the Prophet and said to him, "We finished building our Masjid and we would like you pray in it and invoke Allah for us for His blessings
[Tafsir ibn Kathir on 9:107].[7]
Masjid al-Aqsa
Masjid al-Aqsa ( ﺍﻟﻤﺴﺠﺪ ﺍﻷﻗﺼﻰ ) is a sacred mosque in Jerusalem, considered to be the third holiest place in Islam.
Masjid al-Aqsa is referred to in verse (17:1) of chapter (17) sūrat l-isrā (The Night Journey):
Sahih International: Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.
Masjid-ul-Nabawi
l-Masjid an-Nabawi (Arabic: ﺍﻟﻤﺴﺠﺪ ﺍﻟﻨﺒﻮﻱ ) or the Prophet's Mosque is a great mosque in Medina, Saudi Arabia. It stands on the site of a mosque built by the Prophet Muhammad himself next to his house and contains his tomb. The Prophet's Mosque is the second holiest mosque in the world after al-Haram in Mecca. (Al-Aqsa in Jerusalem comes in third.)
Read this link for better perspectives about it:
http://www.sacred-destinations.com/saudi-arabia/medina-prophets-mosque
Masjid Quba
Quba is the place on the outskirts of Madinah where the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him), accompanied by Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) arrived and first stayed after emigrating from Makkah. They arrived on Monday 12th Rab’i al-Awwal, fourteen years after Prophethood and this date marks the beginning of the Islamic calendar (Hijra), (16th July 622 CE). A masjid was established here by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him), the first to be built in Islam.
Wallahu Alam
Unfortunately, this doesn't answer my question nor refute my allegations.

Your question was

4)Which are the mosques that are mentioned in the Qur’an
5 mosques:
a)Masjid-ul-Haram.
b)Masjid-ul-Zirar.
c)Masjid-ul-Nabawi.
d)Masjid-ul-Aqsa.
e)Masjid Quba.

I replied and said

You went on to list sacred destinations in Islam and this was not your question at all.In your link,no verses were given to back up the prophet's mosque from the Qur'an and mosques of Zirar and Quba can only be found in tafsir of the Qur'an in which I also mentioned.

For the sake of Allah, I am not here to argue or exchange words with you.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
Teewhyraul:

DAY 10 QUESTIONS

1) The marriage of a Muslimmah to a non-Muslim is invalid. Back this up with 2 ayats of the Quran.

[b]Quran2 Verse 221
"Do not marry(you men) the 'mushrikaat' until they believe; for even a believing slave woman is better than a 'mushrika', even if you like her. And do not marry(you women) the 'mushrikeen' until they believe. A believing slave man is better than a mushrik, even if you like him. These invite to fire, while God invites to paradise and forgiveness, with His permission, and He clarifies His revelations for the people, that they remember"

Quran 5 verse 5
"This day are(all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the people of the book is lawful unto you and your is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are(not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the people of the Book, revealed before your time, when ye give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues if any one rejects faith, fruitless in his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost(all spiritual good)"[/b]

In Suratul Ibraheem, Verse 22, Allah says, "And Shaytan will say when the matter has been decided: “Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, and you responded to me. So blame me not but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me as a partner with Allah. Verily, there is a painful torment for the Polytheists and Wrongdoers"

3) The son of Adam slights and disbeliefs in ALLAH. Explain this in accordance to an Ahadith of the Prophet (Sal-Allahu Alahyi wa salam)
Sahih Bukhari; Hadith 4 : 415;
Abu Hurairah narrated that prophet Muhammad said, "Allah the most superior said, "The son of Adam slights Me, and he should not slight Me, and he disbelieves in Me, and he ought not to do so. As for his slighting Me, it is that he says that I have a son; and his disbelief in Me is his statement that I shall not recreate him as I have created(him) before"

4) There's no Prophet except that he has 2 ministers from among the inhabitants of the heavens and from the inhabitants of the earth. Who are the ministers of Muhammad (Sal-Allahu Alahyi wa salam)?
Angel Jibreel and Angel Mikael(Heaven)
Abubakri and Umar(Earth)

i) Hassan ibn Thaabit
ii) Khubayb ibn Adiy
iii) As'ad ibn Zurarah
iv) Jabir ibn Abd-Allah
v) Amr ibn al-Jamuh
As'ad ibn Zurarah
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
1) Suratul Baqarah, Q2:221

"And do not marry polytheistic women until they believe. And a believing slave woman is better than a polytheist, even though she might please you. And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember."

Suratul Nuur, Quran 24:3
"The fornicator does not marry except a [female] fornicator or polytheist, and none marries her except a fornicator or a polytheist, and that has been made unlawful to the believers."

2) From Suratu Ibrahim, Q14:22:

" (And Shaytan will say when the matter has been decided: “Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you,but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Shaytan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment forthe wrongdoers.”)"

Shaytan will disown his followers.

3) From Hadith of the prophet,
"Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Allah the Most Superior said, "The son of Adam slights Me, and he should not slight Me, and he disbelieves in Me, and he ought not to do so. As for his slighting Me, it is that he says that I have a son; and his disbelief in Me is his statement that I shall not recreate him as I have created (him) before." "

It means son of Adam (men) undermine Allah, by ascribing a son to Him (Jesus).

4) Angel Jibril and Abu Bakr (RA)

5) As'ad ibn Zurarah
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
1. "Do not marry a mushrikaat untill they believe. For even a believing slave woman is better than a mushrik, even if you like her. And do not (women) marry the mushrikeen untill they believe. A believing slave man is better than a mushrik, even if you like him......(2:221).

".....then if you know them to be believers, do not send them back to the unbelievers. They are not halal for them(as wives) nor are they halal for them(as husbands)" (60:10).

2. He will say to them:

" God has promised you the truthful promise and I promised you, but I broke my promise. I had no power over you, I simply invited you and you accepted my invitation. Therfore, do not blame me, and blame only yourselves......" (14:22).

3.The son of Adam offend(slight) Allah by saying that he have a son and the disbelive is in the statement that he cannot recreat him as he have created him before. The Hadith:

Narrated Abu HurairaM Allah apostle said: Allah the most superior said: the son of adam slights me, and should not slight me, and disbelievees in me and he ought not to disbelive. As for his slighting me. It is that he says that I have a son. And for his disbelive, it is in the statement that he cannot recraete him as he have created him before.

4. Jibrieel
Mikaeel

5. Thubayb ibn Adiy
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 5:04am On Jun 28, 2015
O brother! You should have sent the organizers a private mail as regards all these. It would have been more convenient for them to retract their stand if you had taken through that channel. Let's agree that no one is infallible. I hope they will revisit your score though.

lanrexlan:
This is not about jumping into conclusion. I careful read and re read all my claims before making my assertions.

Concerning your first reply
I made a mistake while typing. It's Surah At Taubah 9:73,even if this verse isn't included it doesn't amount to 11times which you claim.

At-Taubah [9:73]
O Prophet (Muhammad SAW)! Strive hard against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be harsh against them, their abode is Hell, - and worst indeed is that destination.

Are you kidding me? The burden lies on you to produce where those people you listed were writers of the revelation.
I gave you few Haidth to back up my claims

I said in my previous post.I gave the names in my previous post.

The onus lies on you to produce a single narration where those you mentioned are copyists of the Qur'an. I am here to learn.

lanrexlan:
Unfortunately, this doesn't answer my question nor refute my allegations.

Your question was

I replied and said

You went on to list sacred destinations in Islam and this was not your question at all.In your link,no verses were given to back up the prophet's mosque from the Qur'an and mosques of Zirar and Quba can only be found in tafsir of the Qur'an in which I also mentioned.

For the sake of Allah, I am not here to argue or exchange words with you.

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by PENMIGHT(m): 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
As salaam alaykum warahmatuhllah
@ Bro lanrexlan,
(Double post) Pls see below.
Wizeboy:
RAMADAN DAY 4 (FOUR) QUESTIONS

1) The Prophets are brothers. All believers are brothers to one another(Q49:10). Uthman ibn Affan (may Allaah be pleased with him) is not a brother of the Prophet. TRUE or FALSE. Explain.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by PENMIGHT(m): 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
As salaam alaykum warahmatuhllah
@ Bro lanrexlan,
My attention has been drawn to your query or clarifications sought in respect to the answer of the question below.

I must sincerly apologise for responding late, i have not been able to access this thread for days.

Having said that, i will like to clearly state the following;

1) For all purposes and intent, the question was drawn up to explain an essential aspect with the belief of adherents pristine Islam from the Quran and Sunnah with respect to their belief about the Sahabahs (may Allaah be pleased with them)

2) Your answer, like many others, only butressed what has been known and established of all Muslims being brothers ( Q 49:10). You explained the rule without the exception as it affects the Sahabah. The Prophet was clearly refering to the divine bond of brotherliness that exist between all Muslims because be did not onlyAbu bakr his brother but he also called Abu bakr the brother of Aisha (his daughther).

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me when he was sick, ‘Call Abu Bakr for me, your father and your brother, so that I may dictate a letter. For I am worried lest someone who is ambitious says that he is more entitled to the position of leadership, but Allaah and the believers will not accept anyone other than Abu Bakr.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 2387). 

However, this does not justify us refering to Abu Bakr as a brother of Aisha. We call her the "Mother of the beleivers", her FATHER inclusive .

3) The evidence you brought only corroborated more (as it will be explained shortly) the fact that the Sahabahs are not to be referred to as brothers to the Prophet but simply they are "his companions (sahabah).

The relationship between the Sahabah and the Prophet transcends mere brother Islamic Brotherhood. Association by the religion of Allaah makes all believers brethrens but the relationship by Status which Allaah establishes in the Quran makes clearly exempt some cases .

The Messanger of Allah (peace be upon him) said :
"
The best of my ummah are the first and the last, and between them there will be some crookedness. Would that I could see my brethren.” They said, “Are we not your brethren?” He said, “You are my companions.”

Shayk Ibn Taymiyyah wrote to clarify this :-

" This shows that precedence was given to the Sahaabah, because they alone are his companions, which is a higher status than merely being brothers.” Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 11/370, 371 

Wizeboy:
RAMADAN DAY 4 (FOUR) QUESTIONS

1) The Prophets are brothers. All believers are brothers to one another(Q49:10). Uthman ibn Affan (may Allaah be pleased with him) is not a brother of the Prophet. TRUE or FALSE. Explain.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Teewhyraul(m): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2015

ANSWERS TO DAY 10 QUESTIONS

ANSWER

Allah says;
“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon [polytheists] till they believe (in Allaah Alone)”
[Surah al-Baqarah, ayah 221].

“O you who believe! When believing women come to you as emigrants, examine them; Allaah knows best as to their Faith, then if you ascertain that they are true believers send them not back to the disbelievers. They are not lawful (wives) for the disbelievers nor are the disbelievers lawful (husbands) for them”
[Surah al-Mutahanah, ayah 10] .

ANSWER

And Shaitan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zalimun (Surah Ibrahim, ayah 22).

3) The son of Adam slights and disbeliefs in ALLAH. Explain this in accordance with an hadith of the Prophet (Sal-Allahu Alahyi wa salam)
ANSWER

Narrated 'Abu Huraira:
Allah's Messenger (Sal-Allahu Alahyi wa salam) said, "Allah the Most Superior said, "The son of Adam slights Me, and he should not slight Me, and he disbelieves in Me, and he ought not to do so. As for his slighting Me, it is that he says that I have a son; and his disbelief in Me is his statement that I shall not recreate him as I have created (him) before." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 59, Hadith 4).

ANSWER

Narrated 'Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri: that the Messenger of Allah (Sal-Allahu Alahyi wa salam) said: "There is no Prophet except that he has two ministers among the inhabitants of the heavens, and two ministers among the inhabitants of the earth. As for my two ministers from the inhabitants of the heavens, then they are Jibril and Mika'il, and as for my two ministers from the inhabitants of the earth, then they are Abu Bakr and 'Umar." ( Jami' at-Tirmidhi, Book 49, Hadith 4044).

i) Hassan ibn Thaabit
ii) Khubayb ibn Adiy
iii) As'ad ibn Zurarah
iv) Jabir ibn Abd-Allah
v) Amr Ibn al-Jamuh
ANSWER

All of the companions are Ansars belonging to Banu Khazraj except Khubayb ibn Adiy who's from Banu Aus (May ALLAH be pleased with all of them).

May Allah grant us Understanding, Ameen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by C00lSufee(m): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
This is very interesting. I am very happy to encounter this very educative section. May Allah bless y'all[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by C00lSufee(m): 4:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
[i]This is very interesting. May Allah bless y'all
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
It's almost 6pm ooo..abi mk I set the questions today ni?? Lol
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
@Teewhyraul

I think there's a lil confusion.
Wasn't Amr Ibn al-Jamuh from Banu Salamah
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Teewhyraul(m): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2015

DAY 11 QUESTIONS

1) Arrange these Prophets in order which they were sent
Lut, Seeth, Shuaib, Yahya and Hud

2) Abrogation is of 3 types. Enlighten us

3) Who's the "Bankrupt"?

4) Inform us of the discuss between Adam (Alahyi salam) and Musa (Alahyi salam).

5) How will you respond to a Christian who showed you Surah Al-Maidah ayah 47, saying the Quran has endorsed the Bible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

21-Year-Old Destroys Mosque In Jigawa (Pictures) / COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer / Islam: How Does One Deal With A Disobedient Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.