Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION (44589 Views)

Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2016 / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Teewhyraul(m): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
Drniyi4u:
@Teewhyraul

I think there's a lil confusion.
Wasn't Amr Ibn al-Jamuh from Banu Salamah

Pls confirm again brother.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
Teewhyraul:
As-Salamu Alaykum, wa Rahmatullah, wa Baarakatuh

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION
DAY 11 QUESTIONS

1) Arrange these Prophets in order which they were sent
Lut, Seeth, Shuaib, Yahya and Hud
Seeth
Hud
Luth
Shuaib
Yahaya

2) Abrogation is of 3 types. Enlighten us
[b] (1) Abrogation of the text and its ruling:
It is said that there were some Ayah in the Quran earlier; they no more exists in Quran now;
so their recitation and command - both are cancelled and abrogated. For example: We are told that earlier there were some ayah in
Surah ahzab (Quran 33) that were
as long as Surah Baqrah (Quran 2). But these ayah are not part of Quran now. (Musnad Ahmad, Hadith 21245)

(2) Abrogation of the text, but not its ruling:
We are told that there were some
ayah in Quran that no more exists in Quran now but they should be followed today. According to
this story, the 'stoning verse' was
recorded in Quran during the time of Prophet Muhammad; but after his death, a goat ate the page on
which that verse was inscribed. Thus, the stoning verse has been
abrogated physically.

(3) Abrogation of the ruling, but not the text:
It means there are ayah in Quran that will be recited but will not be
practiced. For example: Ayah dealing with prohibition of alcohol [/b]

3) Who's the "Bankrupt"?
Muslim narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h.) said: "Do you know who is the one who is bankrupt?" They said, 'The bankrupt is the one who has no money and no possessions.' He said, 'Among my Ummah, the one who is bankrupt is the one who will come on the Day of Resurrection with prayer and fasting and Zakah (to his credit), but he will come having insulted this one, slandered that one, consumed the wealth of this one and shed the blood of that one, and beaten that one. So they will all be given some of his hasanaat, and when his hasanaat run out, before judgment is passed, some of their sins will be taken and cast onto him, then he will be cast into the Fire.'" (Muslim: 4/1998, Hadith no. 2581)

4) Inform us of the discuss between Adam (Alahyi salam) and Musa (Alahyi salam).
It is reported in the Saheehein upon the Prophet (SAAWS) who said: "Adam and Musa held a disputation. Musa said: 'You are Adam whom Allah created with His Hand, into whom He breathed by His Spirit, to whom He made the Angels prostrate, and whom He taught the names of everything, so why have you expelled us and yourself from Al-Jannah(the Paradise)?' Adam replied, 'And you are Musa whom
Allah favored with His Message and His Words, have you not found that it had been written on me before I was created?' He (Musa) said: 'Yes, indeed"' Then he (Rasool Allah SAAWS) said: "So Adam got the better of Musa in the argument."

5) How will you respond to a Christian who showed you Surah Al-Maidah ayah 47, saying the Quran has endorsed the Bible?
Surah Al-Maidah : Verse 47
"Let the People of the Gospel judge by that which Allah hath revealed therein. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are evil-livers."

It is very plan and explicit is that among the six articles of faith in Islam is 'Believing in the Holy Books'.. Holy Books in this context is not Al-Qur'an alone as it is pluraized(obviously).. We must note here that the said Holy Books in not the modern day bibles that have pass through revision severally. The original text that was revealed to the Prophets is what is referred to..
Furthermore, the said verse is quoted out of context, the preceding verse explains better.. This is the last generation and the prophet sent to this generation is prophet Muhammad with Holy Quran inorder to explain, analyse and correct the previous Holy books to suit the last generation..
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
1) •Seeth
•Hud
•Lut
•Shuaib
•Yahya

2) •Naskh l-hukmdūna al-tilaawa: abrogation of the ruling but not the wording, or supersession.

•Naskh al-hukm wa-'l-tilaawa: abrogation of both ruling and wording, or suppression/erasure.

•Naskh al-tilaawa duuna al-hukm: abrogation of the wording but not the ruling.

3) From Hadith of the prophet (SAW), Sahih Muslim 2581

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do you know who is bankrupt?” They said, “The one without money or goods is bankrupt.” The Prophet said, “Verily, the bankrupt of my nation are those who come on the Day of Resurrection with prayers, fasting, and charity, but also with insults, slander, consuming wealth, shedding blood, and beating others. The oppressed will each be given from his good deeds. If his good deeds run out before justice is fulfilled, then their sins will be cast upon him and he will be thrown into the Hellfire.”

4) From saheeh Imaam Bukhari and Imaam Muslim, it is reported that
"Adam and Musa held a disputation. Musa said: 'You are Adam whom Allah created with His Hand, into whom He breathed by His Spirit, to whom He made the Angels prostrate, and whom He taught the names of everything, so why have you expelled us and yourself from Al-Jannah (the Paradise)?' Adam replied, 'And you are Musa whom Allah favored with His Message and His Words, have you not found that it had been written on me before I was created?' He (Musa) said: 'Yes,indeed"' Then he (Rasool Allah SAAWS) said: "So Adam got the better of Musa in the argument."

5) Suratul ma'idah, verses 46 and 47:
46) “And in their footsteps, We sent `Isa, son of Maryam, confirming the Tawrah that had come before him, and We gave him the Injil, in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Tawrah that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for those who have Taqwa.”
47) “Let the people of the Injeel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed,such are the rebellious.”

I'll let him/her know that Torah and Injeel was sent for specific era only, and that in the verse, the people of the period were asked to follow Injeel for the period, and not Torah
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
1. Seeth
Hud
Luth
Shuaib
Yahaya

2.- Abrogation of the verses and the ruling

Such as the abrogation of the ten breastfeedings which used to establish the relationship between mahram and the woman who breastfed him.

- Abrogation of the ruling and not the verse

Such as the verse which speaks of stoning the adulterer and the adultress.

-complete Abrogation.

3. According to the holy prophet, a bankkrupt someone is the person who come on the day of judgement with his salaat, fasting and zakat but was used to settle those he offended and other of his unlawful acts.

4. Musa: you are Adam whom Allah has craeted and given the knowledge of everything and made the angels to prostarte for, so why have you expelled yourselve and us from the paradise?

Adam: and you are Musa whom Allh favored with his message and words, have you not found that it have been written on me befroe I was created?

Musa: yes indeed.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by lanrexlan(m): 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:
O brother! You should have sent the organizers a private mail as regards all these. It would have been more convenient for them to retract their stand if you had taken through that channel. Let's agree that no one is infallible. I hope they will revisit your score though.

The quiz wasn't private, so I don't think my observations toward some of the answers should be private also. A sister had made her own assertion towards a given answer and she was cleared. I don't know why mine should be different.

I agree nobody is infallible, but some people are influenced by what they read and this can be with them for a long time.

I am not interested about they revisiting my score, I am interested in the knowledge. But it seems wizeboy is getting me wrong.
What I need is clarification of the answers given and nothing more
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by lanrexlan(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
PENMIGHT:
As salaam alaykum warahmatuhllah
@ Bro lanrexlan,
My attention has been drawn to your query or clarifications sought in respect to the answer of the question below.

I must sincerly apologise for responding late, i have not been able to access this thread for days.

Having said that, i will like to clearly state the following;

1) For all purposes and intent, the question was drawn up to explain an essential aspect with the belief of adherents pristine Islam from the Quran and Sunnah with respect to their belief about the Sahabahs (may Allaah be pleased with them)

2) Your answer, like many others, only butressed what has been known and established of all Muslims being brothers ( Q 49:10). You explained the rule without the exception as it affects The Sahabah. The Prophet was clearly refering to the divine bond of brotherliness that exist between all Muslims because be did not onlyAbu bakr his brother but he also called Abu bakr the brother of Aisha (his daughther).

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me when he was sick, ‘Call Abu Bakr for me, your father and your brother, so that I may dictate a letter. For I am worried lest someone who is ambitious says that he is more entitled to the position of leadership, but Allaah and the believers will not accept anyone other than Abu Bakr.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 2387). 

However, this does not justify us refering to Abu Bakr as a brother of Aisha. We call her the "Mother of the beleivers", her FATHER inclusive .

3) The evidence you brought only corroborated more (as it will be explained shortly) the fact that the Sahabahs are not to be referred to as brothers to the Prophet but simply they are "his companions (sahabah).

The relationship between the Sahabah and the Prophet transcends mere brother Islamic Brotherhood. Association by the religion of Allaah makes all believers brethrens but the relationship by Status which Allaah establishes in the Quran makes clearly exempt some cases .

The Messanger of Allah (peace be upon him) said :
"
The best of my ummah are the first and the last, and between them there will be some crookedness. Would that I could see my brethren.” They said, “Are we not your brethren?” He said, “You are my companions.”

Shayk Ibn Taymiyyah wrote to clarify this :-

" This shows that precedence was given to the Sahaabah, because they alone are his companions, which is a higher status than merely being brothers.” Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 11/370, 371 

Jazakallah khairan Wa Shukran for the clarification. May Allah ease our affairs and grant us beneficial knowledge.
Wa alaykum salaam waramatulah wabarakatuh

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by AlBaqir(m): 11:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
tbaba1234:

5. What is the name of the first sect to break out of Islam or the main body of Muslims?

Really I don't know what your intentions are for throwing this question while you "preach" non-sectarianism.

Of course it would have been very interesting should you provide an answer to that. We seem to have a divided house. Some says "Sunnis sect", others says "Shi'a sect".

dejt4u:

the Shia Sect.. They rebell against Uthman and he was later assassinated.. His dealth lead to the first Islamic civil war which is knwn as the first Fitna

Mammangaddafi:

5. Shia sect.

The popular belief is presented above by dejt4u but am afraid it has NO SINGLE reliable evidence.

A personality named Abdullah ibn Saba, allegedly claimed to be a Jewish convert during the reign of Uthman bin Affan as Caliph, was said to be the originator of a group called "Sabaiyyah" from Egypt and Syria. This group led by this Ibn Saba was said to have created rift and turned people against the Khalifa Uthman. This same man was said to be "founding-father" of Shi'a as a sect. There are other allegations leveled against him especially in connection with Shi'i beliefs.

95% of athar (narration) concerning Abdullah ibn Saba according to Sunni sources of Narrations were reported through the route of Sayf Ibn Umar. And Sayf is agreed upon unanimously by Sunni muhadiths to be fabricator and liar. Other 5% athar that were not reported through this fabricator (Sayf ibn Umar), simply do not mention any allegations as to Abdullah ibn saba and his Sabaiyyah or Shia group were responsible for the murder of Uthman. Those 5% narration simply mention his name and that he called Imam Ali (as) "god" and Ali burnt him.

For the record, Abdullah ibn Saba and his alleged group was created to deliberately hide the real killers of Uthman ibn Affan, and of course to fight off Shia influence.

Should tbaba1234 and any other wishes we discuss this issue more evidenced- based and academically, I will be more glad.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by tbaba1234: 2:10am On Jun 29, 2015
AlBaqir:

Really I don't know what your intentions are for throwing this question while you "preach" non-sectarianism.

Assalamu aleikum. You need to calm down.

The answer is the khawarij not sunni or shia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 4:46am On Jun 29, 2015
I agree it's not wrong but certainly it's more polite to correct authorities privately, especially in a setting like this. I got your point anyway.

lanrexlan:
The quiz wasn't private, so I don't think my observations toward some of the answers should be private also. A sister had made her own assertion towards a given answer and she was cleared. I don't know why mine should be different.

I agree nobody is infallible, but some people are influenced by what they read and this can be with them for a long time.

I am not interested about they revisiting my score, I am interested in the knowledge. But it seems wizeboy is getting me wrong.
What I need is clarification of the answers given and nothing more
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by lanrexlan(m): 4:57am On Jun 29, 2015
PhunsukhWangdu:
I agree it's not wrong but certainly it's more polite to correct authorities privately, especially in a setting like this. I got your point anyway.

My bad, I am very sorry if I sound offensive. Thanks for the admonition anyway, Jazakallah khairan
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Teewhyraul(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
As-Salamu Alaykum, wa Rahmatullah, wa Baarakatuh

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION
ANSWERS TO DAY 11 QUESTIONS

1) Arrange these Prophets in order which they were sent
Lut, Seeth, Shuaib, Yahya and Hud
ANSWER

Seeth, Hud, Lut, Shuaib and Yahya.

2) Abrogation is of 3 types. Enlighten us
ANSWER

i) Abrogation of the verses and the ruling. Evidence for this is the hadith of Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) which says: Among the things that were revealed of the Qur’an was that ten definite breastfeedings make a person a mahram, then that was abrogated and replaced with five definite breastfeedings, and the Messenger of Allah (Sal-Allahu Alahyi wa salam) passed away when this was among the things that were still recited of the Qur’an. (Narrated by Muslim, 1452).

ii) Abrogation of the verses but not the ruling,
This is indicated in the saheeh report from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab and Ubayy ibn Ka‘b, according to which they said: Among the words that were revealed of the Qur’an were the words, “If an old man and an old woman commit zina, stone them both.” But we know that this verse no longer exists on the pages of the Mushaf or of the lips of those who recite the Qur’an, even though the ruling remains in effect and has not been abrogated. Narrated by Abu Dawood at-Tayaalisi in his Musnad (no. 540); an-Nasaa’i in as-Sunan al-Kubra (no. 7150).

iii) Abrogation of the ruling but not the verses. And example of this is when ALLAH says "O you who believe! When you (want to) consult the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) in private, spend something in charity before your private consultation” [al-Mujaadilah 58:12].
This was abrogated by the verse in which Allah, may He be exalted, says

“Are you afraid of spending in charity before your private consultation (with him)? If then you do it not, and Allah has forgiven you, then (at least) perform As-Salat (Iqamat as-Salat) and give Zakat and obey Allah and His Messenger.” [al-Mujaadilah 58:13].

3) Who's the "Bankrupt"?
ANSWER

Narrated 'Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said:
"DO you know who the bankrupt is?" They said: "O Messenger of Allah! The bankrupt among us is the one who has no Dirham nor property." The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: "The bankrupt in my Ummah is the one who comes with Salat and fasting and Zakat on the Day of Judgement, but he comes having abused this one, falsely accusing that one, wrongfully consuming the wealth of this one, spilling the blood of that one, and beating this one. SO he is seated, and this one is requited from his rewards. If his rewards are exhausted before the sins that he committed are requited, then some of their sins will be taken and cast upon him, then he will be cast into the Fire." (Jami' at-Tirmidhi, Book 37, Hadith 2603).

4) Inform us of the discuss between Adam (Alahyi salam) and Musa (Alahyi salam).
ANSWER

Narrated 'It was narrated that 'Amr bin Dinar heard Tawus say:
"I heard Abu Hurairah narrating that the Prophet (pbuh) said: 'Adam and Musa debated, and Musa said to him: "O Adam, you are our father but have deprived us and caused us to be expelled from Paradise because of your sin." Adam said to him: "O Musa, Allah chose you to speak with His own Hand. Are you blaming me for something which Allah decreed for me forty years before He created me?" Thus Adam won the argument with Musa'" (Sunan Ibn Majah, Book 1, Hadith 84).

5) How will you respond to a Christian who showed you Surah Al-Maidah ayah 47, saying the Quran has endorsed the Bible?
ANSWER

Firstly, One needs to understand how the Qur'an uses the word "Gospel" and needs to bear in mind the fact that the early Muslims did not believe or understand the Qur'an to be saying that the gospels of Mark, Matthew, Luke and John are what ALLAH revealed.

In the ayah that precedes this (46) ALLAH says " And in their footsteps, We sent 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun"

So the Qur'an is quite clear regarding the fact that the divine Gospel was one REVEALED TO Jesus (peace be upon him) and not books WRITTEN ABOUT Jesus (peace be upon him). Given that, it becomes quite clear from the start that the Muslims couldn't have viewed the gospels of Mark, Mathew, Luke and John to have been inspired.

But the Gospels revealed to Jesus himself is no where to be found, all what the Christians of today use are either books written about Jesus (Years after he left the Earth) or those written by an element who claimed to have seen him in the spirit realm (Even the Christians won't deny this fact).

Then ayah 48 (the verse right after) refers to the Qur'an as a muhaymin, which is more of an onlooker or quality controller over the previous scriptures.
This made perfect sense because as distorted and corrupted as all the other scriptures have become there is the need for something to come and confirm what really was revealed in them.

The ayah continues...
So judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ.

#DropsMic

May Allah grant us Understanding, Ameen.

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Let's do it again
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
dejt4u:
Let's do it again
ur blood is hot man
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lol
Mammangaddafi:
ur blood is hot man
hw is Ramadan going?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
dejt4u:
Lol
hw is Ramadan going?
alhamdulillah
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by tbaba1234: 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Day 12 Questions

1. What were the last words of the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) before he died?

2. State 5 conditions in the Medina treaty.

3. Who is As sakran bin Amr?

4. What were the accusations against the Quran? Back your answer up with Ayat.

5 Who was the first woman who suckled the prophet after his mum?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
1) "O Allaah! (with) the highest companions."

2) 5 Conditions in the treaty
•The agreement is essentially a truce between the two parties for a period of 10 years.
•Whoever embraces Islam and joins the Messenger (s.a.w.) without the consent of the Quraish is returned to the Quraish by the Messenger (s.a.w.). But whoever renounces Islam, among the followers of Muhammad (s.a.w.), and rejoins the Quraish, can remain there without any molestation.
•Any Arab tribe that tends to ally with Muhammad (s.a.w.) can freely do so and they are similarly free to ally with the Quraish.
•Muhammad (s.a.w.) and his followers have to return to the place from where they came. But, next year, during the season of hajj, they can visit the Holy House of Allah on condition that they stay only three days in Mecca with sheathed swords.
• The parties would not interfere with the free movement of one another.

3) As Sakran ibn Amr ibn Abd Shams was the former husband Sawda bint Zam'a ibn Qays, one of the wives of the prophet.

4) Accusations against Quran

i) Claim that Quran is full of contradictions (contradiction claims).
ii) The second is the claim that large number of verses of Quran have been abrogated by other verses(abrogation claims).

From Quran 6, verse 115:
"The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice.Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient."

Also, from Quran 10, verse 64:
"……the words of God are unchangeable"

5) Thuyeba
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
tbaba1234:
Day 12 Questions

1. What were the last words of the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) before he died?
"Expel the Jews of the Hijaaz and Najraan from the Arabian Peninsula, and know that the most evil of people are those who took the graves of their prophets as places of worship"
"The Prayer, the prayer! And fear Allah with regard to those whom your right hands possess"

The treaty consisted of the following:
1. Both parties would cease hostilities for a period of ten years.

2. The parties would not interfere with the free movement of one another.

3. The Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah upon him) would return that year, but the Muslims would be permitted to enter Makkah the following year.

4. Any Muslim man coming from the Quraysh to join the Muslims would be sent back, but any man going from the Muslims to Quraysh would not be sent back.

5. Any tribes other than the Quraysh that wished to enter an alliance with Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah upon him) were free to do so, and any that wished to enter an alliance with the Quraysh were free to do so.
Results of the Treaty of Hudaybiyyah
Many of the companions were opposed to this treaty and considered its clauses unfair and biased against the Muslims.

he was ex. husband to one of the prophet's wife -Sawda bint Zam'a. Their only son was killed in a battle

Quran 6 Verse 115
"The word of your lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words, He is the Hearer, the Omniscient"

Quran11 Verse 10
"A.L.R. This is a book whose verses have been perfected"

"The words of God are unchangeable"

Thuyeba, the freed slave girl of his uncle Abdul Uzza a.k.a Abu Lahab
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 6:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
1. "O Allah (with) the highest companions"

2. The conditions are:
-They are not to fight each other for ten years.
-Each party shall be secured
-No secrete damage shall be inflicted on either of the parties.
-Honesty and honour shall prevail.
-If any of the quraishite come to Muhammad, he should return him to the quraish but if any of the people of Muhammad (S.A.W), he will not be returned.

3.Sakran Ibn Amr is one of those who travels a great distance to seek for the knowledge of Islam.

5. Halimah
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 5:02am On Jun 30, 2015
Please with all due respect brothers and sisters, anyone having a contrary opinion to that of the organizers should make it known through the PM route. I'm quite sure the organizers would fear Allaah and deem it fit to make corrections over here if however their stance is prevailed upon. I will also implore the organizers to consult the local scholars around for answers to some sensitive questions. We should note that some questions cannot be answered by mere going through books or using electronic materials.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by tbaba1234: 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
Day 12 Answers

"With those on whom you have bestowed your grace with the prophets and the truthful ones, the martyrs and the good doers. O Allah forgive me and have mercy upon me and join me to the companionship on high" Sahih al bukhari 2/638-641

He also said at intervals: " The most exalted companionship on high. To Allah we turn and to Him we turn for help and last abode"

Some people confused this with the Hudabiyah treaty.

This treaty refers to the treaty amongst the various tribes in Madina. The conditions are as follows:

a. They are one Ummah to the exclusion of other people.

b. Whosoever of the Jews follows us shall have aid and succour; they shall not be injured nor any enemy aided against them.

c. The Emigrants of Quraish unite together and shall pay blood money among themselves and shall ransom honourably their prisoners . Every tirbe of the helpers unite together as they were at first, and every section among them will pay a ransom for acquitting its relative prisoners.

d. The believers are supported by each other.

e. Whenever you differ about a matter, it must be referred to Allah and his messenger ( Ibn Hisham 1/502,503)

As Sakran bin 'Amr was the husband of prophet's wife , Sawdah. He had migrated to Abbyssinia and died on his return back Mecca.

Words of a mad man:

They say, ‘Receiver of this Quran! You are definitely mad. Surah 15:6

Words of a liar practising witchcraft:

The disbelievers think it strange that a prophet of their own people has come to warn them: they say, ‘He is just a lying sorcerer. Surah 38:4

Tales of ancients taught to the prophet day and night

and they say, ‘It is just ancient fables, which he has had written down: they are dictated to him morning and evening.’ Surah 25:5

Taught by a human

We know very well that they say, ‘It is a man who teaches him,’.... Surah 16:103

Thuyebah, the concubine of Abu Lahab
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by tbaba1234: 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
Day 13 Questions

1. when did the battle of uhud take place?

2. What was the nickname of Khalid bin Walid(RC) and why was he given such a nickname?

3. Who are the seven under the shade on the day of Judgement.

4. When did the Battle of Hattin took place, and why is it a significant event in world history?

5. Which prophets were sent to the people of ‘Ad and Thamud?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by tbaba1234: 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
Deadline: 9PM
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by vedaxcool(m): 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Abeg ia googling allowed? grin
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by vedaxcool(m): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
5. Prophet Hud a.s
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Drniyi4u(m): 6:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
1) 625CE (also 3AH)

2) Sayf Allah al-Masluul (the Drawn Sword of God)

He was given the nickname because he was a very good fighter, and very good with swords.

3) •a just leader
•a youth who grows up worshiping Allah
•a man who is deeply attached to the Masjid
•two men who love one another for the sake of Allah, meeting for His sake and parting for His sake
•a man who is called by a beautiful woman and says, 'I fear Allah'
•a man who gives charity in secret such that his left hand does not know what his right hand is doing
•a man who remembers Allah when he is alone and his eyes fill with tears.
[Bukhari, Muslim]

4) The Battle of Hattin took place in 1187CE (583 A.H.).
This is the battle where the Muslim forces of Saladin reconquered the city of Jerusalem

5) People of 'Ad - prophet Hud
People of Thamud - Prophet Salih
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by Mammangaddafi(m): 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
1.Shawwal 3AH.

2.Sword of Allah
Because of his numerous victories

- A just leader.
- A young man who grows up worshipping Allah.
- A man who is deeply attached to the masjid.
- Two people who love eac other for the sake of Allah and seperate for the sake of Allah.
- A man who turns down the temptation of a beatiful woman for the sake of Allah.
- A man who remembers Allah when he is Alone with tears in his eyes.

4. July 4, 1187
It lead to the reconquering of jerusalem by the muslims.

5. Ad- Hud (A.S)
Thamud- Saleh (A.S).
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION by dejt4u(m): 7:56pm On Jun 30, 2015
tbaba1234:
Day 13 Questions

1. when did the battle of uhud take place?
Shawwal 3AH (23rd of March, 625A.D)

2. What was the nickname of Khalid bin Walid(RC) and why was he given such a nickname?
Sword of God.. He was given the name in respect of how he brilliantly use weapons.. He is a very good and brave warrior during his time

3. Who are the seven under the shade on the day of Judgement.

1) a just leader
2) a youth who grows up worshiping Allah
3) a man who is deeply attached to the Masjid
4) two men who love one another for the sake of Allah, meeting for His sake and parting for His sake
5) a man who is called by a beautiful woman and says, 'I fear Allah'
6) a man who gives charity in secret such that his left hand does not know what his right hand is doing
7) a man who remembers Allah when he is alone and his eyes fill with tears.

4. When did the Battle of Hattin took place, and why is it a significant event in world history?
July 3 - 4, 1187 A.D
The battle is between the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem and the forces of the Kurdish Ayyubid Sultan Salah ad-Din known in the West as Saladin.
The Islamic forces, as a direct result of the battle, once again became the eminent military power in the Holy Land, Re-conquering Jerusalem and several other Crusader-held cities

5. Which prophets were sent to the people of ‘Ad and Thamud?
Ad- Prophet Hud (AS)
Prophet Noah (AS)

Thamud- Prophet Salih (AS)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

21-Year-Old Destroys Mosque In Jigawa (Pictures) / COVID-19: Imam Abubakar Sarki-Aminu Sacked For Canceling Congregational Prayer / Islam: How Does One Deal With A Disobedient Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.