Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

The #nosum Movement... (happy Virginty Day 2015) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The #nosum Movement... (happy Virginty Day 2015) (1107 Views)

Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) / Happy Teachers Day 2015 / Her Pastor Wants To Perform Virginty Test On My Fiancee Before We Can Wed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The #nosum Movement... (happy Virginty Day 2015) by InfinixMine: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
The #NoSUM Movement

Hi guys......I have a new post! But before then, I'd like to apologise for being MIA for so long I'm here now and I hope to be more around. I want y'all to have an open mind towards this post and I hope it spurs you into taking a stand for God see Daniel 1.

For so long, I've questioned mine teens ministry's Virginity day/march. Not because they were being unscriptural or because their motive was wrong but I just felt there was no point having a march to celebrate virginity. As Christians, we are called to honour God with their bodies. We are expected to keep our bodies sexually pure until we're married but a virginity day?! A virginity march?! I didn't subscribe to that. So I stayed in the shadows. I wasn't embarrassed I just wasn't convinced.

Yesterday however, I was able to get a glimpse about why this day/march is important. I have always been exceptionally picky with friends so many of my friends believe like me. They believe in God and in purity. I have also always had a mind of my own so I didn't really get to experience a lot of peer pressure.

Yesterday, I watched in horror as 99% of the people I sat with laughed outrightly at the concept of two people marrying as virgins. Ordinarily I would have taken up a battle stance and started a great virginity defence but sometimes you just have to observe. It wasn't funny to me and I was amazed that all the people who were laughing were Christians. Blood literally drained from my face when I realised that many Christian teens and youths face this everyday. They are ridiculed because of their decision to be sexually pure in this perverse world.

Let me speak a little about the world's perverseness. This world is so perverse that it has so deviated from the real picture God painted at creation. Sex has been so engrafted into the world's system that it is accepted as normal. So normal that it is now a focal point in many discussions so much that some people can't have a conversation without 'sex' popping up. One time I had a conversation with some people and both of them mentioned sex like 3 times in less than 5 minutes. It was like for every question asked there was an element of sex up in their heads. In my mind I was like "Why would your mind even go there....how do you guys think?"
It has become so normal that people talk about it so unabashedly "I slept with her..." "Huge guys are really 'good'..." It's amazing!
What's even more surprising is that the speakers claim to be 'Christian'.

Paul the apostle says those who do that, those who claim to be Christians and still get involved in sin, aren't worthy to be called that (paraphrase).

My motive for writing today is not to vent at the world for sinning heck! In Angela Hunt's book "The Debt" "Why should we be surprised when sinners sin?" I'm doing this to call on the church and every christian folk to not conform to the world's customs but be separate. To take a stand for God and endorse virginity. Let me quickly echo the copy on a photograph I saw recently. It reads: If you are having SEX and you are not married, it's NOT called DATING, it's called FORNICATION. There should be a distinction between the world and Christians. Not hypocritically by observing rules that lead to death but by making our lives offerings even our bodies a living, holy sacrifice to God.

Some people might think this doesn't apply to them because they are really far gone in sin. Hmmm...the Bible says when you accept Jesus you become new. You return to your old state, the default painting you were in Eden plus some beautiful embellishments because Jesus died. There is a reset in your make-up there might not be a physical or medical transformation but there is a spiritual one. Thus, God also expects you to "sin no more". If this is you, just take a few minutes out to tell God how sorry you are and how much you want to please Him. Ask for His grace and I guarantee you'll have it.

Tomorrow (June 13) Mine Teens Ministry celebrates virginity but it doesn't end tomorrow. God calls us to sexual purity in mind, thoughts, words and action. This charge goes on till we hit the ground and our bodies become dust again. By this I mean God expects us to be faithful to Him and our own spouse by keeping ourselves pure before marriage and sticking to that spouse after marriage(no side dish allowed).

#NoSexUntilMarriage #FaithfulSingle #FaithfulBae #FaithfulBoo #FaithfulWife #FaithfulHubby

Whichever level you're at, please be faithful.

Here are a a few songs I recommend on sexual purity before and after marriage:
Lyfe Jennings' "Sex"
Still Trill Christians' "No sex"
Lecrae "Buttons"

For more information on the #NoSUM movement, join the conversation on twitter follow @mineministry

Love you guys✌✌
Rhemz PKay

1 Like

Re: The #nosum Movement... (happy Virginty Day 2015) by naijaboiy: 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: The #nosum Movement... (happy Virginty Day 2015) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
wow. Nice, till tomorrow I'm proud of my decision. I've bin laughted at, called names and insulted but ah no care. I've had reasons to give up but God has bin with me in those times.
I honestly love what ur organisation is doing. People need to hear that sexual purity is possible. I believe sharing our story will encourage others to hold on atleast they will know they are not in the battle alone. All the best to u and ur group tomorrow, wish ah could join the match.

(1) (Reply)

13 Dating Secrets All Men Keep, Finally Revealed / 5 Things Nigerian Girls Can't Resist / How To Kickstart A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.