Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) (3380 Views)

A Quick Test To See If You've Been Infected By The Feminism Virus! / Wedding Of Shurri Baby, Feminist Who Hates Nigerian Men / Photos: This Is NOT The Feminism That We Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 20, 2017
Good day ladies and gentlemen of this wonderful forum, my mods seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, isilove and so many i cant mention, all other protocol duly observed.

Contary to my earlier paragraph, this is not a debate, i am not posing for a fight as usual i just want to bring some thoughts to limelight.

To the meat of the matter, when did this feminism movement start? My answer, i dont know and dont care (i may research on it later, you can too), but we need to know the past to understand the present and know our bearings for the future.
To cover history real quick do this exercise with me, pls pick up a historical romance novel at least 450 pages and read, if that is not your thing, i got your back watch any of these movies: The count of monte cristo, cassanova, or let me add a cartoon to the list, walt disney's original cinderella.

Notice a trend, women were stifled in their marriages, after a long courtship with parties, dances and tea, they tie the knot, and on the wedding night, the man just inserts and pours then goes back to his bedroom or snores off leaving the woman wondering 'is that all, is this why i stayed pure'. Women were taught to stiffle their sexuality or they were accused by the church of being jezebels.

Men started seing women as brainless and dumb(even a famous scientist, said a woman's brain was half a man's) as less than themselves, as punching bags, as things to take out their daily fustrations on by being verbally abusive, we all know what i am talking about.

One thing kept and is still keeping the women going though and that is children, they change everything, but what happens when a boy keeps seeing his father do things to his mother he either walks in daddy's footsteps or decides never to do such to a woman (a more recent development). What also happens in a girl who sees her mother being treated that way, she either follows in her marriage or becomes agrressive but the difference here is that both still yield the same result.

Imagine that going on from generation to generation. It is said that when someone is being backed into a corner, there is no telling how they'll react and so that is how the gender equality and feminism movement came to be.

Women started taking charge of their lives, started professing they needed men less and less, infiltrated the workplace and are replacing men thereby surpassing the expectations of history, but alas everything has a price, as good as these achievements were, we are still women who need to be loved and weren't getting it from who we needed it from the most.

Most feminists had some terrible experiences with men while others just went along with the bandwagon like me, but i began to see flaws with the whole movement.

So my friends, what is the cure? Simple, LOVE is the cure, if everyman shows every woman love, the movement will die a natural death, how do i know this, simple, look at joyce meyer, her early life and now, is she a feminist? Hell no. What of beyonce, who noticed that after marriage she kinda toned down on the whole feminism thing in her songs which resurged later when jayz cheated on 'becky with the good hair'.

Feminism is a cry for attention, for love, love us we are saying indirectly, yes we proved our point, we can do what you do but we still love you and respect you, love us and don't maltreat us.

While i like some parts of feminism like being in charge of your destiny and a success in the workplace. The other parts like being single at 45 is pure crap. While i no longer advocate for gender equality, i advocate for gender neutrality where both men and women play their roles and complement each other setting good examples for the kids.

If everyone in the world does this imagine how much better the world will be a better place to live up.

Gentlemen, this is not the time to shrink back and let your wife be the breadwinner, look for a sugar mummy, a babymama or sleep with 800 women, now more than ever you have bigger shoes to fill, not just your father's but your wife's. We are rooting for you and will love you every step of the way. Dont disrespect us and we wont disrespect you.

If you want to quote this whole post just save yourself the stress and type funmisticqueen instead, i might reply you.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Homeboiy: 9:36am On Jun 20, 2017
I will read later
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by iamDaisy(f): 9:43am On Jun 20, 2017
To be honest my feminism starts and ends with strangers, when it comes to my man kikiki lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2017
So true, thanks for reading it, even if it is long
iamDaisy:
To be honest my feminism starts and ends with strangers, when it comes to my man kikiki lipsrsealed
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Evablizin(f): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2017
Nice write up op,love still remains the greatest,Let Love Rule To Avoid Unncessary Issues.Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Michellla(f): 9:55am On Jun 20, 2017
"It is said that when someone is being backed into a corner, there is no telling how they'll react and so that is how the gender equality and feminism movement came to be. )

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by JacksonD7: 9:59am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen you made some valid points, though you missed the political undertones of feminism. Feminism started because men let it happen, and it's going to end when men decide to pull the plug.

If we had more real men in the world today, the feminist movement would die a natural death.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by sarahade(f): 10:03am On Jun 20, 2017
JacksonD7:
funmisticqueen you made some valid points, though you missed the political undertones of feminism. Feminism started because men let it happen, and it's going to end when men decide to pull the plug.

If we had more real men in the world today, the feminist movement would die a natural death.
So who is a real man.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 20, 2017
True, but it takes a real man to show a woman love,most of those men who let it happen are probably those who saw women being oppressed around them and wanted to help in some way, especially in the west
JacksonD7:

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by JacksonD7: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
True, but it takes a real man to show a woman love,most of those men who let it happen are probably those who saw women being oppressed around them and wanted to help in some way, especially in the west

Nope, feminism started in the west because men got disconnected from their families. The whole women have been oppressed throughout the ages theory is blown out of proportion.

While it's true that women have had it rough here and there, when you look at history you find out that women are one of the most privileged classes on earth.

Certain elements in society hijacked the feminist movement and used it as a weapon to destabilize the west (that's a fact), decades after the world is feeling the effects of the damage caused.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by JacksonD7: 10:17am On Jun 20, 2017
sarahade:

So who is a real man.

A masculine man in control, who can provide for his family and keep his woman in check. Not the effeminate sissies that we see today.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Kondomatic(m): 10:22am On Jun 20, 2017
Women are the problem women have not men, even in your marriage it's always mother in law vs daughter in law. Father in law rarely care.

Leave us alone.

Instead of telling us to love, use the time to make yourself lovable.

Instead of telling us what real men do, use the time to make yourself a real woman.

We all are animals, albeit higher and animals must always fight for territory so you're on a long thing if you think men will fold hands to let women have their way simple because they have a pair of nice tits and vagina. It's never happening.

You want freedom? Work for it, don't expect it to be given to you because you have vagina. All the strong women in the world fought their way to the top.

Come to think of it, a man who takes the advice in the OP will be regarded as weak man.

By who? Same women.

Female, even though it's a favored gender is the most wicked among the two. Generally, people love to exert some control over others but it's too much when a woman is involved.

See the world since the coming of feminism. It's becoming directionless, families are losing its values and the society in general is being sustained by a weak source of moral guidance.

This is visible even in lower animals. Women love to watch you suffer. It's fact. Don't tell me about a certain woman who loved her man with her heart because it doesn't change the fact that she will love to see other men suffer.

Jezebell had a man that she respected, or at least desired.

Talking about loving a woman, it's like gambling and not many people gamble. Most cold hearted guys you see today once loved a woman truly.

Let's not talk about Samson and others like who perished because they loved for real.

If you think men are the problem then why do women hate women so?

Feminism isn't after any equal right, feminists want everything on a plater of gold as a compensation for having a vagina.

I have successfully ignored your mention.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Chommieblaq(f): 10:32am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Good day ladies and gentlemen of this wonderful forum, my mods seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, isilove and so many i cant mention, all other protocol duly observed.

Contary to my earlier paragraph, this is not a debate, i am not posing for a fight as usual i just want to bring some thoughts to limelight.

To the meat of the matter, when did this feminism movement start? My answer, i dont know and dont care (i may research on it later, you can too), but we need to know the past to understand the present and know our bearings for the future.
To cover history real quick do this exercise with me, pls pick up a historical romance novel at least 450 pages and read, if that is not your thing, i got your back watch any of these movies: The count of monte cristo, cassanova, or let me add a cartoon to the list, walt disney's original cinderella.

Notice a trend, women were stifled in their marriages, after a long courtship with parties, dances and tea, they tie the knot, and on the wedding night, the man just inserts and pours then goes back to his bedroom or snores off leaving the woman wondering 'is that all, is this why i stayed pure'. Women were taught to stiffle their sexuality or they were accused by the church of being jezebels.

Men started seing women as brainless and dumb(even a famous scientist, said a woman's brain was half a man's) as less than themselves, as punching bags, as things to take out their daily fustrations on by being verbally abusive, we all know what i am talking about.

One thing kept and is still keeping the women going though and that is children, they change everything, but what happens when a boy keeps seeing his father do things to his mother he either walks in daddy's footsteps or decides never to do such to a woman (a more recent development). What also happens in a girl who sees her mother being treated that way, she either follows in her marriage or becomes agrressive but the difference here is that both still yield the same result.

Imagine that going on from generation to generation. It is said that when someone is being backed into a corner, there is no telling how they'll react and so that is how the gender equality and feminism movement came to be.

Women started taking charge of their lives, started professing they needed men less and less, infiltrated the workplace and are replacing men thereby surpassing the expectations of history, but alas everything has a price, as good as these achievements were, we are still women who need to be loved and weren't getting it from who we needed it from the most.

Most feminists had some terrible experiences with men while others just went along with the bandwagon like me, but i began to see flaws with the whole movement.

So my friends, what is the cure? Simple, LOVE is the cure, if everyman shows every woman love, the movement will die a natural death, how do i know this, simple, look at joyce meyer, her early life and now, is she a feminist? Hell no. What of beyonce, who noticed that after marriage she kinda toned down on the whole feminism thing in her songs which resurged later when jayz cheated on 'becky with the good hair'.

Feminism is a cry for attention, for love, love us we are saying indirectly, yes we proved our point, we can do what you do but we still love you and respect you, love us and don't maltreat us.

While i like some parts of feminism like being in charge of your destiny and a success in the workplace. The other parts like being single at 45 is pure crap. While i no longer advocate for gender equality[b], i advocate for gender neutrality where both men and women play their roles and complement each other setting good examples for the kids. [/b]

If everyone in the world does this imagine how much better the world will be a better place to live up.

Gentlemen, this is not the time to shrink back and let your wife be the breadwinner, look for a sugar mummy, a babymama or sleep with 800 women, now more than ever you have bigger shoes to fill, not just your father's but your wife's. We are rooting for you and will love you every step of the way. Dont disrespect us and we wont disrespect you.

If you want to quote this whole post just save yourself the stress and type funmisticqueen instead, i might reply you.

i go with most of your point, especially the emboldened
JacksonD7:

Nope, feminism started in the west because men got disconnected from their families. The whole women have been oppressed throughout the ages theory is blown out of proportion.

While it's true that women have had it rough here and there, when you look at history you find out that women are one of the most privileged classes on earth.

Certain elements in society hijacked the feminist movement and used it as a weapon to destabilize the west (that's a fact), decades after the world is feeling the effects of the damage caused.
you right, the whole about women being oppressed is blown out of proportion.

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by sarahade(f): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2017
JacksonD7:

A masculine man in control, who can provide for his family and keep his woman in check. Not the effeminate sissies that we see today.

Well that's not the definition according to me your definition is for an egomaniac control freak and someone who has nothing to offer.
And who keeps a control freak in check?

7 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by freda506(f): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2017
Interesting read. However, I wonder how showing love would bridge the gender pay gap, reduce the unequal representation of women in polity, abolish child marriages amongst other pressing issues.

Your post shows you were never really a feminist; you were, at best, a subtle misogynist. Because I wonder how someone who claims to have belonged to a progressive movement like feminism, ever if for a nanosecond, would hold a view as ridiculous singleness at 45 being crappy. So, women that don't find suitable men for marriage should kill themselves? Or better yet, those who decide not to marry are subhumans?

And the whole Beyoncé crap is just as ludicrous. How do you people even think of these things? Lawd knows I can live with a misogynist who proclaims herself as one, than a misogynist that lies to herself that she isn't one.
Sis, you're either a feminist, or you're not. Your whole gender neutrality and "love cure" is as chauvinistic as chauvinism gets.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen

why didn't the women tell the men what they actually wanted in bed, he inserts and pours because he thought that was how you loved it also......... how was a man supposed to know to please a woman when she didn't say how

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 20, 2017
It is because of opinions like yours feminism started in the first place, your definition is not of a real man but of a dictator
JacksonD7:

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2017
Back then, in the 16th century, the church would have labeled her a witch, a heretic or a prostitute.

Back then it was a woman's duty to produce an heir, men weren't interested in satisfying women or knowing their wants, just themselves, then cassanova entered the picture, they nearly hung him cause he stirred something in women that men had no idea on handling and that was desire. We still see it today, we can only do missionary, it is the holy position, we must pray and fast and speak in tongues during sex. Etc. I would leave the muslims out of this because of ramadan.

But now women are speaking up
AnthonioAlsaid:
funmisticqueen

why didn't the women tell the men what they actually wanted in bed, he inserts and pours because he thought that was how you loved it also......... how was a man supposed to know to please a woman when she didn't say how

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by JacksonD7: 11:05am On Jun 20, 2017
sarahade:

Well that's not the definition according to me your definition is for an egomaniac control freak and someone who has nothing to offer.
And who keeps a control freak in check?

A man who caters for his family and is in control of his home is an ego mantic freak, wow.

What would you prefer to call a real man then, the player who can't stick around?

Or the one who hands control to the woman so he won't be seen as a control freak?.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Chommieblaq(f): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2017
freda506:
Interesting read. However, I wonder how showing love would bridge the gender pay gap, reduce the unequal representation of women in polity, abolish child marriages amongst other pressing issues.

Your post shows you were never really a feminist; you were, at best, a subtle misogynist. Because I wonder how someone who claims to have belonged to a progressive movement like feminism, ever if for a nanosecond, would hold a view as ridiculous singleness at 45 being crappy. So, women that don't find suitable men for marriage should kill themselves? Or better yet, those who decide not to marry are subhumans?

And the whole Beyoncé crap is just as ludicrous. How do you people even think of these things? Lawd knows I can live with a misogynist who proclaims herself as one, than a misogynist that lies to herself that she isn't one.
Sis, you're either a feminist, or you're not. Your whole gender neutrality and "love cure" is as chauvinistic as chauvinism gets.
I see your point sis, lemme counter them for you. i for one don't think there's anything like gender pay gap. i receive same salaries with other guys in my office and currently a woman is heading our dept. and same apply to other sectors. people of same level receive same pay irrespective of the sex. unequal representation of women in polity? Women are few in politics because most don't have interest in politics, no law restricts women from veering into politics. Child marriage is world problem itself not just a female thing. Many ladies keep screaming equality upanda, yet they are looking for rich boyfriends and sugar daddies to foot their bill, immediately a guy toast them they becomes the guys responsibility, pays fees, give them money for cloth, hair etc, yet they want equality, they want to have equal say in that relationship. To the ladies, we have to respect ourselves enough in order to command respect from the opposite sex. The both sexes are different,hence can never be equal. Equity is all i want.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2017
Why didnt you talk on joyce meyer then, ask questions, the whole feminism has a lot of holes in it.

Now i am sorry if my post ruffles your feathers but i am no longer a feminist, but what i wont stand is anyone showing me disrespect and i have learnt that feminism wasn't the way forward.

This post is not to stroke anyone's ego especially those broke guys with nothing better to do, infact in my previous posts i specialised in deflating egos and feeding the pieces to the owner for breakfast.

In summary this post is just my opinion, you are welcome to say yours darling. I have found love in myself and in God, finding in a man though but i am getting there. Live curious and question everything and you will get answers.
freda506:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by JacksonD7: 11:17am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
It is because of opinions like yours feminism started in the first place, your definition is not of a real man but of a dictator

I'm not a real man because I don't think it's right for women to do whatever they please?, no civilization has survived without putting restraints on people. We wouldn't be here if our ancestors didn't settle down and have families, in case you don't know the family is the building block of civilization.

50 years of radical feminism has ruined the family unit in the west, whites are dying off and Western civilization is rolling towards collapse.

If you think my definition is bad then I'd like to hear yours.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 20, 2017
Thank you.
Chommieblaq:
I see your point sis, lemme counter them for you. i for one don't think there's anything like gender pay gap. i receive same salaries with other guys in my office and currently a woman is heading our dept. and same apply to other sectors. people of same level receive same pay irrespective of the sex. unequal representation of women in polity? Women are few in politics because most don't have interest in politics, no law restricts women from veering into politics. Child marriage is world problem itself not just a female thing. Many ladies keep screaming equality upanda, yet they are looking for rich boyfriends and sugar daddies to foot their bill, immediately a guy toast them they becomes the guys responsibility, pays fees, give them money for cloth, hair etc, yet they want equality, they want to have equal say in that relationship. To the ladies, we have to respect ourselves enough in order to command respect from the opposite sex. The both sexes are different,hence can never be equal. Equity is all i want.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2017
I am so not in the mood for a debate right now, everyone's definition of a real man varies, but i am sure i recognise real men when i see them and they dont carry the traits you described, i only thought of people like idi amin and pictured children hiding under the bed when daddy comes home.
JacksonD7:

I'm not a real man because I don't think it's right for women to do whatever they please?, no civilization has survived without putting restraints on people. We wouldn't be here if our ancestors didn't settle down and have families, in case you don't know the family is the building block of civilization.

50 years of radical feminism has ruined the family unit in the west, whites are dying off and Western civilization is rolling towards collapse.

If you think my definition is bad then I'd like to hear yours.

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 20, 2017
People should stop confusing radical feminism with feminism.Feminism started at a time when women were severely marginalised simply because of their gender.It's purpose is not to create some form of matriarchy,rather to provide equal opportunities for both male and female.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 20, 2017
You my dear need the services of a good clinical psychologist or a therapist cos what you have is nasty and isnt healthy to your wellbeing. May you find what you need in jesus name.
Kondomatic:
Women are the problem women have not men, even in your marriage it's always mother in law vs daughter in law. Father in law rarely care.

Leave us alone.

Instead of telling us to love, use the time to make yourself lovable.

Instead of telling us what real men do, use the time to make yourself a real woman.

We all are animals, albeit higher and animals must always fight for territory so you're on a long thing if you think men will fold hands to let women have their way simple because they have a pair of nice tits and vagina. It's never happening.

You want freedom? Work for it, don't expect it to be given to you because you have vagina. All the strong women in the world fought their way to the top.

Come to think of it, a man who takes the advice in the OP will be regarded as weak man.

By who? Same women.

Female, even though it's a favored gender is the most wicked among the two. Generally, people love to exert some control over others but it's too much when a woman is involved.

See the world since the coming of feminism. It's becoming directionless, families are losing its values and the society in general is being sustained by a weak source of moral guidance.

This is visible even in lower animals. Women love to watch you suffer. It's fact. Don't tell me about a certain woman who loved her man with her heart because it doesn't change the fact that she will love to see other men suffer.

Jezebell had a man that she respected, or at least desired.

Talking about loving a woman, it's like gambling and not many people gamble. Most cold hearted guys you see today once loved a woman truly.

Let's not talk about Samson and others like who perished because they loved for real.

If you think men are the problem then why do women hate women so?

Feminism isn't after any equal right, feminists want everything on a plater of gold as a compensation for having a vagina.

I have successfully ignored your mention.

1 Like

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Back then, in the 16th century, the church would have labeled her a witch, a heretic or a prostitute.

Back then it was a woman's duty to produce an heir, men weren't interested in satisfying women or knowing their wants, just themselves, then cassanova entered the picture, they nearly hung him cause he stirred something in women that men had no idea on handling and that was desire. We still see it today, we can only do missionary, it is the holy position, we must pray and fast and speak in tongues during sex. Etc. I would leave the muslims out of this because of ramadan.

But now women are speaking up

I don't mean to start a controversy but let me point something out for you, we both can learn

between you and me, if I'm having sex with a woman and she just lies down there without any sign of interest from her i will "insert and pour" and care less about pleasuring her.
Men need motivation and women hardly provide this motivation because of some weird theories they have in their head like the one you mentioned about the 16th century or present times when they would think we consider them sluts, when that might not be the case. so you mean if a woman wispers in her husband ears back then, that she wanted more from her husband instead of "insert and pour" he'd go and whistle blow on her? doesn't sound like what a man would do but I'm not completely ignoring the possibility.

Okay what would you say about women and sex before the medieval era? when the husbands didn't have any church to whistle blow to?

3 Likes

Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Kondomatic(m): 11:38am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
You my dear need the services of a good clinical psychologist or a therapist cos what you have is nasty and isnt healthy to your wellbeing. May you find what you need in jesus name.
If at this age you still believe that certain things will become possible simply because the name of Jesus is attached to it then you have bigger problem than the whole of Nigeria combined.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by freda506(f): 11:42am On Jun 20, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Key word being you. That you earn equally doesn't mean every woman. It doesn't make the 83 cents to a dollar for female/male income disparity a facade. It doesn't make the unresearched, but still obvious gap in Nigeria a lie. For you to "think" that something is nonexistent does not truncate it's existence.

As for your female boss, do you think she'll be where she us if a few women (and men) had not devoted their lives to fighting for the opportunity for her? For us? Wouldn't we all be rotting off in a hut somewhere constantly stroking the larger-than-life egos of our husbands if not for the efforts of these few courageous humans?

You assume don't like politics because?? Women, like men, like power. They don't venture because they aren't allowed. Because they are stiffled. Because we wouldn't vote them. Because we'd rather vote a "strong" man. Because the few ones that have stepped out have been let down; most painfully by we, the women. Key in Hillary Clinton and Sarah Jibril.

As for women who are materialistic, i wouldn't shame them. As a matter of fact, the society is to blame for their mentality. They've been told that they're second fiddle to men, and as a result have learned to depend on them. If you, as a person, disapprove of them, then be a feminist. Let us all be feminists and watch the world improve.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2017
You are right we both can learn.
AnthonioAlsaid:

I don't mean to start a controversy but let me point something out for you, we both can learn

between you and me, if I'm having sex with a woman and she just lies down there without any sign of interest from her i will "insert and pour" and care less about pleasuring her.
Men need motivation and women hardly provide this motivation because of some weird theories they have in their head like the one you mentioned about the 16th century or present times when they would think we consider them sluts, when that might not be the case. so you mean if a woman wispers in her husband ears back then, that she wanted more from her husband instead of "insert and pour" he'd go and whistle blow on her? doesn't sound like what a man would do but I'm not completely ignoring the possibility.

Okay what would you say about women and sex before the medieval era? when the husbands didn't have any church to whistle blow to?
my dear there is a reason while the era before the middle ages is called the dark ages, because almost nothing is known about that era so out of the window with that point, but like i said things are changing this new millenium and we are either making the change, going with the flow or against it. Sex will forever be a two way street, communication between two people in the most pleasurable way.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by freda506(f): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Why didnt you talk on joyce meyer then, ask questions, the whole feminism has a lot of holes in it.

Now i am sorry if my post ruffles your feathers but i am no longer a feminist, but what i wont stand is anyone showing me disrespect and i have learnt that feminism wasn't the way forward.

This post is not to stroke anyone's ego especially those broke guys with nothing better to do, infact in my previous posts i specialised in deflating egos and feeding the pieces to the owner for breakfast.

In summary this post is just my opinion, you are welcome to say yours darling. I have found love in myself and in God, finding in a man though but i am getting there. Live curious and question everything and you will get answers.
I left her out because I didn't get her inclusion in your post. Meyer is not a feminist and it's okay. As for your mythical "holes ", do they differ from the absurd one about 45 year olds being single?

Your post ruffles nothing, ma. If for anything, it is amusing. "The of a Chauvnist who Swears She Is not One" Ain't it funny?

Yeah. Sure, it is your opinion; and I've given mine in the past two posts or so. Oh, and congratulations on your epiphany. Nice advice. If you were as curious and as questioning as you admonish me to be, you wouldn't believe in the existence of God.
Re: Why The Feminism Movement Started (an Ex Feminist's Opinion) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 20, 2017
Sorry, i forgot you were aethist, still doesnt stop me from saying that simple prayer for you, it also doesnt stop you from seeing a licensed therapist
Kondomatic:
If at this age you still believe that certain things will become possible simply because the name of Jesus is attached to it then you have bigger problem than the whole of Nigeria combined.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“I Lent My Boyfriend Money, Now He Has Refused To Pay Back” - Nigerian Lady / MY HUSBAND MAKES ME FEEL INSECURE / Us-based Nigerian Swimsuit Model, Michelle Okoro Goes Unclad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.