Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity (5216 Views)

6-Year-Old Boy Rescued From Boko Haram Captivity By Soldiers (Photo) / Soldiers Rescue 998 Persons From Boko Haram Captivity, Clear Terrorists (Photos) / 3-year-old Girl Rescued By Soldiers From Boko Haram Captivity. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:
Did you even read what I wrote?? Did you even read the title??
I will like you to go back to that thread you used as a basis for opening this then you will know that it was opened by tribal and religeon supremacist of Nairaland.

Continue to give yourself headache because of frivolous thread.
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by dayo23(f): 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
Firefire:

Pele ti ee
don't pele me bro, stick to the topic

1 Like

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
Let me inivte the best people to take this thread to trash bin, barcanista, mogidi, francizy, nigeriavenom, meforyou1, Hzrf, mizmycoli, cstr, cr77, ezenwammadu, countdracula, obiagelli, dunkem.

Plz Take this bigoted thread to the waste bin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by 240naija(m): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
The president left Abuja this morning for the AU Summit which he will head in South Africa. He is expected back in the country on Tuesday June 16. In his entourage are Ogun state governor, Ibikunle Amosun and Benue state governor Samuel Ortom. More pics after the cut...

http://levitoday..com
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by patrickmuf(m): 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
take it easy, you will receive your 40k alert on monday. Your boss wrote two articles this week that made FP.

If you're really a female and this stupid, it calls for serious concern...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by midolian(m): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
Caseless:
Omenka de vex these days.

Make I first tanda gidigba for hia first!
wallahi, hin dey vex! grin grin

And he is always making sense. Jst too on point

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by omenka(m): 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Let me inivte the best people to take this thread to trash bin, barcanista, mogidi, francizy, nigeriavenom, meforyou1, Hzrf, mizmycoli, cstr, cr77, ezenwammadu, countdracula, obiagelli, dunkem.

Are you incapable of taking it to the trash bin yourself

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by midolian(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I don't hate Buhari but I know that the CHANGE they are selling is fraud
Taah! Sharaap dia, u bloody terrorist. Hate him or love him, he doesn't know u exist sef. I don't know when you'll begin to use ya head.

Some1 is making sense here(passing a good message), you are littering his thread with ya senseless posts.
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by joseph1832(m): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
The fuss Omenka is that majority of Nigerians are half wits and rely on this religious sentiments to go day by day.

Only a foolish and stewpid man would reason along these lines. The PDP understand the very nature of the common Nigerian man, which is always either religious or tribal and they make use of it, it was what secure Jonathan the sit in Aso Rock.

Nigeria is a country full of stewpid, narrow minded, religious, tribal and opinionated bigots!.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by PassingShot(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
We are talking national issues omenka and his cohorts are discussing tribal and religeon politics.
What has gone wrong with kids of nowadays? Have the problems brought about by bigotry, religion and ethnicity done irreparable damage to their common sense of reasoning? Grow up please!

Omenka, this thread is very informative, educative and thought provoking. Posterity shall judge you kindly at the right time.

As you submitted, the more disappointing thing is seeing fairly educated forumites engaging in deliberately misleading gullible and ignorant ones to believe their evil message. It's annoying and frustrating.

However, I am very confident in the fact that the failure of PDP to succeed in making Nigerians reject Buhari at the last election is an encouraging sign. PMB got reasonable votes even from Southern region and Christians than any of his previous outings. It shows that the agents of division are failing in the real sense.

Let's hope they will continue to fail.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by joseph1832(m): 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Fraud you say? Much like the fraud the PDP have been defrauding Nigerians for 16 years right?.

I wonder why you guys can't smell your own bullshiiit!!!. You support a government that wore the garment of corruption and flamboyantly displayed it and celebrated fraudsters, only for you to come and shout fraud when another government takes over?

It seems you need a lobotomy my dear!.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by francizy(m): 4:34pm On Jun 13, 2015
Omenuko abi na Omenka, we all have our issues. I can recall vividly that some people from the south hated/hates Jonathan because they felt marginalized. Why so? Is that not bigotry playing itself out? On your own part, you can't save face from this bigotry we all exhibit in this country and don't think because the north don't come here to voice their hearts out, that they don't feel marginalized. You should have noticed a trend with this people if you're truly a Nigerian, resident in Nigeria and if you're unbiased like you claim to be. The north don't believe in throwing tantrums because they are not loud mouthed like the Yorubas and the Igbos that go about making all kinds of noise without action. They believe in action. When they resolve that something is right for them, they don't come out to open their mouths wide in public like the Igbos and Yorubas. Even if that thing won't favour others and it will favour them, they might resolve to do that without anyone knowing their intentions. It's till they do it that you people of the south will come out crying with your wide mouths.

I swear down that if all of Nigeria can come together and love each other as the north loves themselves, Nigeria will become great and people will then fight collectively to oust governments when they fail. You've not even lived in the north before yet you feel like you're one hell of a preacher promoting peace. Go to the north, mingle with other northern tribes and then come and open this kind of thread, by then I may listen to you.

On the bigotry issue, whether you like it or not, you're one bigoted man Omenka. You played yourself out when you shield any evil APC does and then scream kill him when it's from a PDP corner. When you have freed yourself from bigotry and travelled to north like I told you, then if you open this kind of thread, I'll wholeheartedly listen to you.

Cheers brother.. smiley

Modified..

I will never reply bashing of any kind, so whoever quotes me with insults should expect a silence treatment. cheesy

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by joseph1832(m): 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:

I believe this young lady forgot that tribe and religion are national issues as long as it has to do with Nigeria!.

ECOTERRORS:
We are talking national issues omenka and his cohorts are discussing tribal and religeon politics.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by hahn(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:

I doubt she did. That girl really has comprehension issues.

Your post is nothing but realistic, straight forward and indeed the topic is a very critical one especially when one puts into consideration the after effects of a comment after it has been made, the power of the internet in spreading such comments and indeed the capaciaty of the average Nigerian mind to stop to verify whatever information that is being passed as unfortunately Nigerians are not much into critical analysis of the information that falls on their laps.

Unfortunately, so much hate is being spread over the internet. There is a mental war going on between different tribes and many keep fueling such hatred out of sheer ignorance or a lack of something to say.

While the African Americans have been able, to some extent, to overlook whatever tribal/religious difference amongst themselves and have instead found strenght in their unity, the rest of Africa still feels comfortable dividing ourselves over such bigotry.

It has been apparent to me ever since that the core problems we face are our different cultures and probably, permit my boldness, the sole fact that in Nigeria, and Africa as a whole, we are unable to seperate our personal beliefs from a total respect of nationalism.

It was quite disheartening when during the election campaigns we had youths, graduates, and even adults who were comfortable with arguing along tribal, religious and ethnic lines even to the extent that some people are considered as "visitors" in another part of their own country while others are considered as hosts.

Until we as individuals are able to fight for the greater good of our nation, Africa and the black race as a whole and put aside our individual differences by upholding the law as provided by the constitution we will always be faced with such divisive issues.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
hahn:

I doubt she did. That girl really has comprehension issues.

Your post is nothing but realistic, straight forward and indeed the topic is a very critical one especially when one puts into consideration the after effects of a comment after it has been made, the power of the internet in spreading such comments and indeed the capaciaty of the average Nigerian mind to stop to verify whatever information that is being passed as unfortunately Nigerians are not much into critical analysis of the information that falls on their laps.

Unfortunately, so much hate is being spread over the internet. There is a mental war going on between different tribes and many keep fueling such hatred out of sheer ignorance or a lack of something to say.

While the African Americans have been able, to some extent, to overlook whatever tribal/religious difference amongst themselves and have instead found strenght in their unity, the rest of Africa still feels comfortable dividing ourselves over such bigotry.

It has been apparent to me ever since that the core problems we face are our different cultures and probably, permit my boldness, the sole fact that in Nigeria, and Africa as a whole, we are unable to seperate our personal beliefs from a total respect of nationalism.

It was quite disheartening when during the election campaigns we had youths, graduates, and even adults who were comfortable with arguing along tribal, religious and ethnic lines even to the extent that some people are considered as "visitors" in another part of their own country while others are considered as hosts.

Until we as individuals are able to fight for the greater good of our nation, Africa and the black race as a whole and put aside our individual differences by upholding the law as provided by the constitution we will always be faced with such divisional issues.

1,000,00 likes for this smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by NDPVF(m): 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
[s]
omenka:
These things are so annoying honestly. Haba. When are we gonna grow up in this country?? Nations around the world who are our peers are busy exploring outer space and we are here ripping each other apart over petty issues like tribe and religion!! angry
[/s]You ain't ready as yet,to grow up.
We will start growing up,when we truly answer the fundamental questions bedevilling us,as a nation.Question of inequility,equitable representation,equitable distribution of resources,resource control/absolute federalism,etc.
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hypocrites are seriously working for their 700 naira daily stipend. Talk about national unity now when you guys used same to demonise jonathan.

Take a mic, go to the market and preach ur useless gospel to them. Does it ever occur to you guys that most people here are well learned and can think critically without forgetting facts? You obviously think everyone buys the useless mantra used in selling Buhari. You're in for a long thing. Rubbish post from a paid APC hack.
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by NDPVF(m): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
[s]
Caseless:
This is one of the reasons I find it so hard to forgive pdp.
[/s]You stands on PDP is groosly inconsequential.
Buhari killed Nigerian youths for loosing election.Buhari militarily killed Nigerians.
Buhari,tactically supports Boko Haram.Is their anything PDP said that is lie?.
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by ichidodo: 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
The Irony is the OP and his supporters are staunch disciples of Ethnic bias and bigotry in this section...
Infact they have actively or passively supported ethnic bashings against percieved tribal supporters or homebase of Goodluck.Now we are all supposed to forget and make merry because your Dullard demi god is in charge?...Mind boggling idiocy,this.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:
These things are so annoying honestly. Haba. When are we gonna grow up in this country?? Nations around the world who are our peers are busy exploring outer space and we are here ripping each other apart over petty issues like tribe and religion!! angry
Apc didn't grow up in Gej's tenure and you expect Pdp to grow up in Buharis

You should have started preaching this peace long time ago.

Anyway I expect PDP to pay APC back in their own coin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Rawani: 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
Well written Omenka.

The irony of the hues and cries of this 'northernization', is that the same people who complain of this phenomenon, are the same people who rush to protect their kinsmen when they are indicted for one offence or the other. This mindset is exactly the same with the mindset they fear northerners have, which makes them feel extremely vulnerable when any appointments are made regardless of whether they're based on merit.

Look at the case which you hinged your write-up on for example, the sacked AG was indicted for fraud and when NL's from the SW typically did not raise any dust like in the Kashamu debacle, the usual suspects created a thread named something like "Buhari hits SW again" in a desperate attempt to provoke a reaction. The most tragic aspect of it all is that this man was wreaking havoc on our treasury but these individuals ignored the negative impact it would have on our lives, and instead thought it would be more profitable to cast aspersions on our dear President.

Such is the shallowness of these individuals. It is hoped that maturity or happenstance will cure them of this cancer of the mind.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by brownlord: 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Caseless:
How more can God bless a former president who lost the election and also lost his hat ( he lost in London)?

And the hypocrite omenka won't see this, he may even be among the people that clicked like on this senseless comment, he can cry when others attacking Buhari.

Smh
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by jorlons(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Hmmm, Ma'am, are you Omniscient ?? Since you KNOW, and now that I know you KNOW that this CHANGE is fraudulent, Please Ma, helep my ignorance.
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by omenka(m): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
softysparky:
Apc didn't grow up in Gej's tenure and you expect Pdp to grow up in Buharis
You should have started preaching this peace long time ago.
Anyway I expect PDP to pay APC back in their own coin.
God bless you as you struggle to remain a child. smiley
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Jesusloveyou: 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:
Bro why don't you simply pretend to be intelligent for a change- just say nothing. It would keep people guessing.

Think about it.
just like protection seeker is not saying anything

1 Like

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
May God deliver TANoids!

I wonder why they boil with anger over APC's success. A few days ago, TANoids laughed themselves to stupor over perceived cracks within APC. The moment APC got itself back together over the National Assembly matters, TANoids switched back into hate mode. Hence: the silly hate-mongering threads all over nairaland.

In any case, I've stopped taking them seriously. Let them continue to burn as CHANGE romps across the political landscape!
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by omenka(m): 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
brownlord:

And the hypocrite omenka won't see this, he may even be among the people that clicked like on this senseless comment, he can cry when others attacking Buhari.

Smh
You just can't help yourself can you?

Smh.
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by brownlord: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:
You just can't help yourself can you?

Smh.

I expected you to condemn the senseless act if really you practice what you preach.

Smh for you
Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Jesusloveyou: 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

pls take urself to the waste bin, where u belong

1 Like

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:
God bless you as you struggle to remain a child. smiley
And bless you too as you refuse to grow.smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by fx45(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
joseph1832:
Fraud you say? Much like the fraud the PDP have been defrauding Nigerians for 16 years right?.

I wonder why you guys can't smell your own bullshiiit!!!. You support a government that wore the garment of corruption and flamboyantly displayed it and celebrated fraudsters, only for you to come and shout fraud when another government takes over?

It seems you need a lobotomy my dear!.
Over 80% of the APC is populated by this same PDP you're rambling about.... Nigerians are not intelligent honestly. The same folks who 'wasted' 16 years(including the current Senate President) are in the APC driving seat and you're here making noise. When will U get sense?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians- Breaking Free From Ethno-religious Captivity by dustmalik: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
What some people here don't know, probably because they weren't born yet when Buhari was head of state, is that 11 of 17 governors at the time were all Christians. So, how could anyone call Buhari a religious bigot?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Achievement Of Bukola Saraki As A Governor Of Kwara State / Did Kemi Adeosun Expose Buhari And APC On Channels. / Tension: "We'll Soon Bring Buhari To His Knees" - Dokubo Spits Fire (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.