Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,729 members, 7,851,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls (1261 Views)

Police Raid Ike Ekweremadu's Guest House / Patience Jonathan Releases Statement On Police Raid Of Her House / Police Raid Patience Jonathan's House In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by smallJagaban: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nine pregnant girls and women were on Saturday discovered in a baby factory at the 9th Mile area of Enugu State during a raid by the police.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Enugu State Police Command, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, disclosed that the baby factory was owned and operated by one Ikechukwu Onoh, of Etiti, Amakwo-Ngwo village, in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State.
Onoh and the ladies were taken into police custody after the raid.
According to Amaraizu, the factory was run in the Onoh’s private residence.
Our correspondent learnt that operatives of the 9th Mile Division of the command raided the baby factory after monitoring activities in the building over a period of time.
Nine pregnant girls and women seen in the factory were at various stages of pregnancy.
The ladies were identified as Stella James, 19, from Ohaozara, Ebonyi State; Eze Jennifer, 19, of Obukpa in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State; Ugwu Christabel, 17, a native of Aku, in Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu State; Happiness Mbaonu, 17, from Nnewi, Anambra State, and Ovunna Ifeoma, 20, from Ezza, in Ebonyi State.
Others are Esther Nwankwo, 21, a native of Nkalagu, in Ebonyi State; Onyedika Agu, 23, of Isuawa, Awgu in Enugu State; Blessing James, 23, from Ohafia, Abia State, and Chibueze Ujunwa, 24, from Aninri Local Government Area of Enugu State.
The ladies are currently helping the police in ongoing investigations.
However, the owner of the ‘factory,’ Onoh, claimed that he got a provisional approval in October 2007 from the ministry of women affairs and social development in Enugu State to admit and shelter pregnant women in his hospital, known as ‘Tex Hospital and Maternity Home,’ which was located at 9th Mile.
Onoh said he decided to keep the pregnant ladies in his private residence when the said hospital closed down.
He admitted that, although he was supposed to formally inform the ministry of women affairs and social development within 24 hours of admitting any pregnant woman, he only notified the authorities through phone calls, and not in writing.
Also, he was not able to produce any reference letter through which any of the ladies was referred to his home.
But some of the girls, who opened up to the police, said Onoh takes care of them, but on the basis of an agreement that he will take the babies upon delivery.
Ugwu Christabel, who claimed she got pregnant after she was raped, said her aunt directed her to Onoh’s residence.
She said her parents wanted to marry her off to an old man because of the ‘unwanted’ pregnancy.
Christabel further explained that the ladies usually gave Onoh a list of items they needed, which he would purchase for them.
ADVERTISEMENT
Another girl, Happiness Mbaonu, said she was impregnated by an unknown man, who took her home when she was stranded at Holy Ghost Park in Enugu.
She also said ‘somebody’ referred her to Onoh’s house

http://www.punchng.com/news/police-raid-baby-factory-rescue-nine-pregnant-girls/
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Cutehector(m): 8:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
Wat will now happen to d babies? Will they arrest dem too?
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Princecalm(m): 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
we are in for a big thing.
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by fulanimafia: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
I wonder why this plague has refused to be eliminated, it's clearly the lack of purposeful leadership, which is exacerbated by a society which glorifies wealth no matter how it's sourced, and damaged morals.

Just take a look at these destitute victims of circumstance, where are their mothers?

2 Likes

Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
There is God
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Feranchek(m): 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
I'm an ibo dude (proudly imo state) buh I must say I am REALLY disappointed with these baby factories. Ibos are hustlers, "ibos na hustlers buh na to dey do illegal tins" someone said. This is the 6th or 7th time I'm hearing bout baby factory and ALL of them are from the east, why??!!!! This is really appalling to say the least. Is this how we'll help the sovereign state of BIAFRA grow I think it's high time these evil acts be put to rest once and for all!

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Gravanno: 8:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ibos selling their children since slave trade. No wonder slave trade was successful in that jungle.

Can't fathom how a mother would sell her baby for peanuts?
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Gravanno: 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hardly any thread of such reach front page, cos the bigoted and useless mods won't post any crime from their jungle in front page.

Foolish people.
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by applord: 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
The evil brains behind this crime, should be severely dealt with, NO MERCY grin
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by htconeline: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
this is what the yiiibo bank on to develop biafail.

but we are not going to allow them to nd eat each other.
so we rather keep them as our servant here in nigeria angry angry
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by redsconsult(m): 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
Production of biafra army in making
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
Why do igbo people like to do all thiz? After, they go dey blame dem for national assembly for approving 11 years ols for s*x. See wetin dem dey do for their state. Mtcheww, smh for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by tpiadotcom: 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
redsconsult:
Production of biafra army in making

hm
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by zenith4biz(m): 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
The land of the rising sun
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
Policemen attached to the Igbotako Division of the Ondo State Police Command have uncovered a hideout where suspected ritual killers keep their victims.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the hideout is located in Ago Oyinbo Community in the Okitipupa Local Government Area of the state.

According to residents, ritual killers had been using the hideout for the past three years. Police investigations revealed that the suspects, after kidnapping their victims, would bring them to the location and slaughter them.

Sequel to the discovery of the illegal activities of the suspects, the youths of the community were said to have reported to the police who reportedly stormed the village and arrested about five people in connection with the crime. The youths also reportedly demolished the building.

When our correspondent visited the hideout at the village which is a few kilometres from Benni-Ore-Ijebu Ode Expressway, the mud building allegedly used for the act was found demolished while some of the fetish items found there had been burnt.

Also sighted at the hideout were: cow horns, clothes reportedly belonging to some of the victims, palm fronds, bottles of gin, calabashes, ‘Ghana must go’ bags among others .

Confirming the development, the Baale of the Ago Oyinbo, Chief Moyebi Okeowo, explained that the ritual killers started using the building in 2012 when the suspects came to him to beg for a space in the village which they wanted to use for a location to shoot a movie.

He said he asked somebody to take them to the owner of the land, unknown to him that the suspects had an ulterior motive.

He said, “They came to me to beg for a piece of land to shoot their film. I told them I was not the owner of the land and I took them to the brother of the landlord of the land who then took them to the wife of the landlord in Akure.

“I learnt they were authorised by the wife of the landlord to use the land and since then they have been using the land. I told their leader to go and report their activities to the police and he later informed me that he had done so.”

The old man stated further that he was unaware of the activities of the suspects until last Monday when he got the information that the suspects were using human beings for sacrifice on the land.

Also speaking with our correspondent, the Principal of Community Grammar School in a neighbouring community of Kajola, in the Odigbo Local Government area of the state, Mr. Joseph Edosama, said two of the security guards of the school were among the suspects, for conspiring with the suspected kidnappers.

However the state Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Wole Ogodo, when contacted on telephone said he had not been briefed on the

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-uncover-ritual-killers-hideout-in-ondo-arrest-five/

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by ramdris(m): 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
A man accused of engaging in money ritual has been handed over to the police by residents of Iresi Street, in the Orile-Agege area of Lagos.

The suspect, who was identified only as Mohammed, was alleged to have moved around the area on Saturday, pretending to be mentally-challenged.

PUNCH Metro learnt that a woman, Mrs. Olawumi Alani, who sells confectionery, alerted her neighbour, Mrs. Grace Ogedengbe, to his presence.

It was gathered that Mohammed initially pretended he understood only Hausa and declined response when Alani requested to know who he was looking for.

Our correspondent learnt that he later confided in Ogedengbe, who also speaks Hausa, that he needed human parts and was directed to the area by a friend.

He was reportedly chased away by the women. But on Sunday, he appeared again and was challenged by some youths who recovered some charms from him and handed him over to the police.

Alani said, “He was here on Saturday, looking inside houses. He later came to buy a sachet of water. I told my neighbour, Mama Benita (Ogedengbe), that the man was just pretending to be mad. Shortly after, he approached me and spoke in Hausa. I called Mama Benita, who understands his language to speak with him. He asked her that he was looking for a place in our area, where he could get human blood and parts. We told him to leave or else he would be lynched.

“When I came back from church on Sunday, I saw him again hanging around the street. He was in a brown clothes, different from what he wore on Saturday. I became more suspicious and alerted some boys. At that moment, he said in English that he would implicate me if he was arrested. Charms, and a ring were recovered from him and he was taken to the station.”

Ogedengbe said she was astounded when Mohammed told her of his mission in the area.

She said, “He said he was directed here by a friend. I was shocked when he explained that it was blood of a child that he actually needed and that he wanted to use it to make money. We did not take him serious until he came back on Sunday.”

Another resident, who identified himself only as Dammy, said the charms were discovered after they ordered the suspect to UnCloth.

He said, “We were afraid of touching him because we did not know what he had on him. We ordered him to UnCloth and that was when we saw different kinds of charms on his body. We took him to the Elere Police Station.”

The Lagos State Police spokesperson, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

“There was a report of such nature. The man has been arrested and he is in custody. However, no human part was recovered from him. Investigations are still ongoing,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by ramdris(m): 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
But pple get mind o!
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by AnambraDota: 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
By Ola Ajayi & Fisayo Ogunwale, Ibadan
The Oyo State Police command has arrested a man
who allegedly defiled his two daughters and two of
his nieces. The victims are aged 14, 15, 15 and 17.
The crime was allegedly committed at Moniya in
Akinyele Local Government area of the state.
Though, the suspect, who is an herbalist, denied the
allegation of Inbreeding saying he was being held for the
crime he did not commit.
However, the narration of the four girls brought
many to tears at the State police headquarters,
Eleyele, Ibadan.
While parading the suspect identified as Tajudeen
Awoniyi, the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr.
Muhammed Katsina, said the accused had sex with his
own daughters and his nieces.
Tajudeen Awoniyi, the suspect
Speaking with newsmen, one of Awoniyi’s nieces,
(surname withheld), described how her uncle took
advantage of her.
“On that fateful day, his daughters came to our house
and wanted us to follow them to their place. On
getting there, her father told us he would give us
soap by mid night which we must use to bathe.
Around 1:00am he woke me up, gave me a black
soap and asked me to go and take my bath. After
taking my bath, I went to him and he placed
something under his tongue and asked me to sleep
on a bench. He had sex with me. Afterwards, I was
bleeding and he asked me to go to bed. By morning,
he sent my sister and me out of his house.”
SHARE ON

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/father-defiles-daughters-nieces-in-ibadan/

2 Likes

Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by AnambraDota: 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
By Daud Olatunji
ABEOKUTA—Ogun State Police Command yesterday uncovered another suspected ritualists’ den in Unity and Peace Estate, along Itele-Lafenwa Road, Ota, Ado Odo-Ota Local Government Area.
Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Muyiwa Adejobi, said the latest discovery was made possible by the escape of a 28-year-old lady, who had been kept bound in an uncom-pleted building in the estate.
Survivor lured by ‘boyfriend.’
Survivor lured by ‘boyfriend.’
The lucky victim was said to have been told by her captors that they would come for her in the night, but she struggled to free herself and rolled towards the entrance of the building before she was noticed. Passers-by saw her and came to her rescue.
She did not disclose her identity before policemen from Itele Police Station arrived and cordoned off the area.
When policemen combed the surroundings of the uncompleted building, decomposing bodies of two female victims were found in the bush. Human bones also littered the place.
Adejobi said: “The command has taken over the building and our men would take some samples from the scene for forensic analysis in order to assist the command in its investigation.”
How I was taken—SURVIVOR
Narrating how she became a victim, the lady said she had met one of her captors two weeks ago, and they struck a relationship.
She said the man called about two days ago, saying he had secured a cement supply contract worth N1.5 million for her at a site in the estate.
However, on getting to the site, the ‘boyfriend’ who lured her to the building was joined by other members of the gang and they began to rough-handle her.
She said: “They attempted To Molest me. But I was having my monthly flow.
“They then tied both my hands and legs, covered my face and mouth with cloth, and promised to come back at night to complete their assignment. It was a miracle that passers-by rescued me.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/police-uncover-another-ritualists-den-in-ogun-rescue-woman/

Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by fulanimafia: 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
These hypocrites are even worse than Sharia Yerima, these girls are not even 10 years old.
Re: Police Raid Baby Factory, Rescue Nine Pregnant Girls by gwales: 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
They would form their Biafra army

(1) (Reply)

Dr Nnamdi Azikwe's Campaign In 1960 (photo) / Tinubu, Lawan, Saraki, Gbajabiamila Offered PDP Lawmakers Juicy Committee... / President Buhari Meets With US Delegates Ahead Of Meeting With Obama.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.