Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) (13115 Views)

El-Rufai At Later Rain Assembly Church. Pictured With Pastor Tunde Bakare / Tunde Bakare Worried That APC Govt Is Finding It Difficult To Bring "Change" / Buhari Not Clueless But Helpless – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by nigerdeltaa(m): 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
You were in Deeper Life and The Redeemed churches. At what point did you decide to open your own and why?

That’s what you call memory lane. I was in Deeper Life for five years, between 1978 and December 1983. Brother Kumuyi was and is still a great teacher of the Word. The person that put the fear of God in me was Brother Kumuyi. He laid the foundation for systematic teaching that many people see me do today. However, I rose through the ranks. I preached while I was there and conducted youth meetings. I was doing some legal works for the ministry also. I registered some of their companies. But one day, while I was ministering and a brother was interpreting, I was giving example of the “faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God” and I said, ‘Supposing you go to a supermarket to buy soap, you might not know what soap to buy but because you watched the advertisement of Joy soap on television, then you would look for Joy soap because you have been hearing about it.’ And my interpreter said: “If you have been watching the devil’s box…” I told him I didn’t say devil’s box but television, and he repeated saying the devil’s box and Brother Kumuyi was behind us. I said I didn’t say devil’s box and that the normal interpretation is amu ohun mu aworan, (the box that captures both the voice and the visuals). Anyway, he still said what he said. The following Sunday, Brother Kumuyi came up with what he called “Sunday Exaltation”; he said that even if you repair television, you are a child of the devil. Then I took my Bible and left. I went home and said I would serve my God, but was not interested anymore in church.

So I returned to Surulere Baptist Church. And one day, my photographer came to me and said I should not just sit like that and that I should come and join his church because I would enjoy it. I asked, ‘What is the name of your church’ and he said The Redeemed Christian Church of God. I said okay and that I would come one day since I was not interested at that moment. The first Sunday of March, 1984, I invited my wife and said we should go (we were not married then). I borrowed a car because I had no car then. We drove to that church and I discovered I had been to that church before. That was the place Deeper Life was doing their Bible study in 1978. Then there was this gentleman who walked up, they called him G.O. He is still G.O. today, but they call him Daddy G.O. He was the one who preached that day and the message was titled: “The Mercy of God.” I said this seems better than the background of what seems I was coming from, because, in fairness to Brother Kumuyi, he himself eventually went on television. He must have changed his mind, because that time he was very hard on such things. By the way, looking back today, there is a lot of evil on television. It is not the television that is the devil’s box, it is the programmes that people put on it. So you can choose what you watch.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/10/20/gods-judgment-will-start-from-the-church-pastor-bakare/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by DULLARDipo: 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
Religion and politics
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by geesampower(m): 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
Doctrines keep evolving
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by atlwireles: 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
Deeper life was a mad house in 80s, see their members giving away property back then grin grin grin Kumuyi has unknowingly made some people tragically poor.

7 Likes

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by nigerdeltaa(m): 4:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
pastorpreniure. what business does kumuyi have in opening companies? where did he get the capital from? from the members? this is one of the reasons radio Biafra ask people to boycott his crusade in Aba.
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by cyril10(m): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:
Deeper life was a mad house in 80s, see their members giving away property back then grin grin grin Kumuyi has unknowingly made some people tragically poor.

All of you, including the man that is running his mouth here and there will get to know better when the time comes.

3 Likes

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by atlwireles: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
cyril10:

All of you, including the man that is running his mouth here and there will get to know better when the time comes.

what time grin grin grin grin, get behind me dumbass.

2 Likes

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by go4value(m): 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
which mumu radio Biafra be that....
GLO IS THE BEST NETWORK.....
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by stinggy(m): 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:
You can say that again.
I remember a long-term tenant of ours back then. The man made headways very early in his biz. But the moment he started buying into Deeper Life's teachings and giving away properties, his biz took a nosedive.
The last time I went home, he's still our tenant; 25+ years later.

1 Like

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by atlwireles: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
stinggy:

You can say that again.
I remember a long-term tenant of ours back then. The man made headways very early in his biz. But the moment he started buying into Deeper Life's teachings and giving away properties, his biz took a nosedive.
The last time I went home, he's still our tenant; 25+ years later.

That is the tragedy of early deeper life members. Broken homes, abandoned children the list goes on. All for what they called the Kingdom of God.
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by raayah(f): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2015

10 Likes

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by akoaki(m): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:

Kumuyi and other pastors are still making nigerians poor by promoting ignorance, laziness and greed in the society; and by colluding with politicians to pauperize the citizenry. I am sure there will be consequences someday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
Kumiyi does not allow his members watch TV but he broadcasts his sermon to his congregation via satellite.

Boko Haram and Deeper life people are so contradictory.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Desric(m): 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
akoaki:

And he and other pastors are still making nigerians poor by promoting ignorance, laziness and greed in the society; and by colluding with politicians to pauperize the citizenry. I am sure there will be consequences someday.
You made all the sense in this world and I'd have liked your comment a million times if permitted.
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Firefire(m): 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
Happy to be a member of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, 1991 - 1998. tongue

A wonderful DAY I met the Lord February 1992.

God bless Daddy Kumuyi for the wonderful teachings of faith.

We now practice another type of faith/doctrine where we understand the world to be "wickedly wicked and badly bad"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by alotofgrace(m): 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
Firefire:
Happy to be a member of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, 1991 - 1998. tongue

A wonderful DAY I met the Lord February 1992.

God bless Daddy Kumuyi for the wonderful teachings of faith.

We now practice another type of faith/doctrine where we understand the world to be "wickedly wicked and badly bad"

Is dat so?

What are u doing with a tech device?

3 Likes

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Firefire(m): 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
alotofgrace:

Is dat so?

What are u doing with a tech device?

Dan 12:4 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased".
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by CertifiedFreak(m): 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dude, the Latter Rain pastor's story reeks skepticism. There's definitely more to it than he's saying. Anyways, the Deeper Life church has been known to preach one thing and practice another.
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by sunshine1974(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2015
I remember attending service one time in deeper life, I was dressed on jean and a very sweet white trainers of mine, as soon as I entered it was as if d devil just entered, see d kind eyes wen look me. Dat was d most boring service ever in my life, no jazz, all I was hearing was some old women singing off key and only piano. Choi! I was like if na like dis heaven be mennnnnnn!

2 Likes

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by alotofgrace(m): 6:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
Firefire:

Dan 12:4 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased".

God bless u BRO...shutting up the book was for him to listen and observe.

We shouldn't watch tv because na evil dey inside.

So we shouldnt enta bus because na agbero call passengers

2 Likes

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by EasternPride: 6:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
raayah:
Funny how this life changes. I also grew up deeply in deeper life. I remember them telling us to stop using body spray or roll-on . Television was the devils box. Today, deeper life has its own channel.

I remember one brother who quit his job in shell for church. He still broke as hell today.

What happened?

Scam centers called churches, all these pentecostal churches scattered alot in my family.

Devil will pay them back in their coins, fools.

1 Like

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Firefire(m): 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
sunshine1974:
I remember attending service one time in deeper life, I was dressed on jean and a very sweet white trainers of mine, as soon as I entered it was as if d devil just entered, see d kind eyes wen look me. Dat was d most boring service ever in my life, no jazz, all I was hearing was some old women singing off key and only piano. Choi! I was like if na like dis heaven be mennnnnnn!

Your experience is relevant in DLBC settings, those days. wink

I remembered a particular year I travelled outside for the first time, I was wearing my normal shirt & trouser properly tucked-in, when the cold wan kill me, nobody send me, I run enter one store bought two pair of jeans, I wore both jean trousers to keep warm. ...blessed is the servant that applied wisdom. tongue

6 Likes

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by atlwireles: 6:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
Firefire:

Your experience is relevant in DLBC settings, those days. wink

I remembered a particular year I travelled outside for the first time, I was wearing my normal shirt & trouser properly tucked-in, when the cold wan kill me, nobody send me, I run enter one store bought two pair of jeans, I wore both trousers jean to keep warm. ...blessed is the servant that applied wisdom. tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Firefire(m): 6:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My brother, no be small thing oooo, I carry wear cut and sew trouser, that type wey breech de carry. I have to use my brain before I die of pneumonia. grin
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by hopilo: 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
I remember how in the 90's my father use cardboard with inscription "the devil's box" to blind the screen of the television in the house. When he is away to work, we removed the stuff and watch the television. He caught us one day red-handed and we got some beating. doctrine of men above the word of God was mostly practiced in deeper life of those days. Today I see them flexible a bit with Kumuyi watching television. I still feel this his second wife turn his mentality around.

1 Like

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Ghost01(m): 7:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
Mehn!!! Nnkan n be!
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by tomakint: 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
I still remembered when I worshipped in DeeperLife in the late 90s - mid 2000s, it was 'Holiness unto the Lord.....' I will never forget the good times with the Lord @ the Retreat Ground in Ayobo, with the popular theme song.....'Jesus only, is our Message; Jesus all, is all we see.....@Firefire, do you still remember? Pastor Kumuyi is a true teacher of the word. Humans are damn too complex to be bound by 'doctrines and dogma' team#Let God be God and man be man#

2 Likes

Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Vince77(m): 7:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
raayah:
Funny how this life changes. I also grew up deeply in deeper life. I remember them telling us to stop using body spray or roll-on . Television was the devils box. Today, deeper life has its own channel.

I remember one brother who quit his job in shell for church. He still broke as hell today.

What happened?
stupidity happened
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
Chai, Kumuyi sha fall my hand o while growing up...
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
tomakint:
I still remembered when I worshipped in DeeperLife in the late 90s - mid 2000s, it was 'Holiness unto the Lord.....' I will never forget the good times with the Lord @ the Retreat Ground in Ayobo, with the popular theme song.....'Jesus only, is our Message; Jesus all, is all we see.....@Firefire, do you still remember? Pastor Kumuyi is a true teacher of the word. Humans are damn too complex to be bound by 'doctrines and dogma' team#Let God be God and man be man#
Hahah I also remember. You remember "Life in the camp" cheesy cheesy cheesy

Grew up in Deeper Life... Was even a Children and Youth Choir until my voluntary retirement in JSS2
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by eagleeye2: 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
The following Sunday, Brother Kumuyi came up with what he called “Sunday Exaltation”; he said that even if you repair television, you are a child of the devil. Then I took my Bible and left. I went home and said I would serve my God, but was not interested anymore in church.
. It's funny, how the gullible are easily deceived.
Re: I Registered Some Of Kumuyi's Companies- Tunde Bakare (2014 interview) by UnknownT: 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
Lol. So if the interpretation was to be done in Igbo, the interpreter would have called it IGBE EKWENSU Interesting

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘We Are Working To Produce Igbo President For Nigeria’- Ohaneze / Atiku: I Won In 2019 But Robbed Of My Mandate By APC / Tinubu, Fayemi, Ikuforiji & Alake At Democratic Party Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.