Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom (18205 Views)

Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Stillfire: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
She's now saying that if i default in any of the things she said i shouldn't even see her as my mom. I don't know what she'll gain when I'm feeling bad of myself by obeying her.

Let me tell you now... Don't be fooled by all these their sentiments. grin A mother that loves you cannot go anywhere. grin Our parents are egotists!
The only way you can break free from the clutches of Nigerian parents is to challenge them once or twice or thrice grin. They will get the message.
It is not even about moving out, they would still want to control you whether you are in Antarctica. cheesy
Just give them one or two outbursts of anger and annoyance. After every outbursts, take a breather and apologize. If they start again, multiply your outburst by 100%. Think of it as a training, in subsequent months they will treat you respectfully.

This advise is for children who have parents that don't know when to let go. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Rockstar2014(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
Don't be too naive to jump into conclusion, after all we have not heard from the second party (his mum) and who says everything he has written is true?

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by ibrokola(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
Become financially independent and see if she'll still have such hold on you. Besides you haven't even told us if she pays your bills or your dad does?
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
devour129:
my dear, hotice01 is right . Maybe he acts like a child n the mother doesn't trust his judgements . Am a mother and I can tell you btw my kids the one that won't leave my sight in a long while .as a mum I know them from birth , their character, their weaknesss and strength and I can tell the one that needs protection . Parents just know ! Another example is my family , my elder sister got OAU admission but my parents didn't let her go, the next year I got mine and there was no argument cos my parents knew I can not be influenced n intimidated .

Just to be clear, shadow-marking a wayward child is totally counter-productive. You help them by giving more responsibility not 'protecting' them form it. Na dis kain boy at 35 he's still checking his mom's purse because his instincts to explore, understand and conquer the world have been destroyed.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by mcdokwe(m): 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
guente02:
Dear All.

I don't really know how to start this. I'm close to my mid twenties but my mom won't let me be. She's always introducing one law or the other.

She didn't start this recently, since i was barely 14 when she locked me and my brother outside in a cold northern summer night. Now she wants me to stop having friends entirely, she doesn't want to see me talking to any girl on phone or physically. She doesn't want me to go to some particular quarters of my compound because I have a friend she feels is influencing me negatively. She doesn't want me to visit any friend of mine that they should be the ones doing the visit.

I'm in my HND and I cant just wait to leave her alone, because the more i see her the more i hate her because all she's doing.

I don't drink, i don't smoke neither do I sleep around with girls. My life is really introverted and if i'm to go by her words I'm going be plugged into depression.

She's now saying that if i default in any of the things she said i shouldn't even see her as my mom. I don't know what she'll gain when I'm feeling bad of myself by obeying her.

I'm tired.

Someone should please give me an advice.

I believe there are no trolls in the family section.

wait till you don't have a woman who cares about you as to want dictate every step of yours. I do understand that as youths, we have this need for self-determination and our parents are not always ready to allow for that, rightly because they still see us as those kids we used to be. You don't need to hate her, just take on responsibilities that would make her realize my boy is now grown and can be a man of and on his own.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Jennifer89(f): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
That's how some parents behave. u can only be free when u are independent just endure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Kollyk11(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
bros just thank God for ur situation.u hear .if u hear my case u will be relaxed.I will be thirty in Oct and each morning my mum gives me money to buy card with a strong warning not to ask for another money dat day.am a graduate.I already served.I have gone for so many training not interviews.but thank God for my life today.I still stay with her and I am happy.u ar not alone on this.we plenty die.
P.S- critics are welcome.no offence
guente02:
Really appreciate you inputs.
My dad is late for about 12yrs now.
She doesn't foot my bills. I take care of myself since Jss3 selling pure water and what have you. I'm a software developer and i get money enough to fund my going to school from home and buying some food stuff when I'm having enough. I also pay my 40k school fees. All she does is give me food and roofing over my head.
My brother use to behave like this but i didn't want to follow suit because i don't want her to feel really bad but now he has gone to school outside town and was sympathizing with me when i told him of recent happenings.
But now its now excess. I don't chase girls just little chat here and there and i do this to avoid embarrassment because she has on several occasions done so in my street with everyone watching. She even gave me a dirty slap in my compound for coming out to watch where people were fighting.
I don't drink or smoke like my father. I just mind my business and focus on my future but my mother is always disturbing.
I'm just gonna keep calm for a few days. Im just pitying her because I don't want to be very stubborn like my brother that steadily rises her bp and I'm afraid disobeying her may spoil what God probably has for me.
But I will come out like a mad dog if ahe continues like this.
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by guente02(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
Really appreciate you inputs.
My dad is late for about 12yrs now.
She doesn't foot my bills. I take care of myself since Jss3 selling pure water and what have you. I'm a software developer and i get money enough to fund my going to school from home and buying some food stuff when I'm having enough. I also pay my 40k school fees. All she does is give me food and roofing over my head.
My brother use to behave like this but i didn't want to follow suit because i don't want her to feel really bad but now he has gone to school outside town and was sympathizing with me when i told him of recent happenings.
But now its now excess. I don't chase girls just little chat here and there and i do this to avoid embarrassment because she has on several occasions done so in my street with everyone watching. She even gave me a dirty slap in my compound for coming out to watch where people were fighting.
I don't drink or smoke like my father. I just mind my business and focus on my future but my mother is always disturbing.
I'm just gonna keep calm for a few days. Im just pitying her because I don't want to be very stubborn like my brother that steadily rises her bp and I'm afraid disobeying her may spoil what God probably has for me.
But I will come out like a mad dog if ahe continues like this.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Judie7654(f): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
Please don't. Gosh, I "hated" my mum so much. She stopped "flogging" me in my third year in the university. She sends my very loud "mouthed" younger sister to go with me whenever she wants to send me on an errand. It was frustrating. She had a family member monitor me all through the university. She eavesdrops on all my calls. But I'm glad on the woman Ive become. Although to be sincere, it was extreme. Still is. Infact, she was the major reason I left the country. But I'm glad I turned out well. She's doing what she thinks is best for you. Imbibe patience, add Wisdom and I'm sure she means the best for you. Lol, I understand your frustration. singing August alsina-right there. Sorry dear. grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by guente02(m): 5:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
I'll just bear.
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by guente02(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
limamintruth:

Aaahhh, dont hate your mum abeg; she is only being over-protective & most parents are guilty of this.

Just bear with her for this period you two are still together cos soonest, a time will come when you two will be living apart from each other. Remember you wont be staying with her forever.

My parents were over-protective too while i was still with them but it was after i began living on my own that i realised all they had for me were purely good intentions based.

Infact, lemme share with you a little bit of my own experience to enable you understand me better.
While i was still with my parents (& a university student at the time) my parents barred me from staying out late at night, hence, i was always expected back home on/or b4 7:30pm daily.
At that time, i also considered that rule as disrespectful & unfair to me.
Therefore, i was so happy the day i finally left my parents & moved into my own apartment. And to celebrate the moment, i went out at night to have unlimited fun with some friends. Then at about some few mins.-to-11pm, we set off back home. Unfortunately for me however, few minutes after i had alighted from my friend's car (about 2 streets from my place) & was trekking down to my area, some fugly-looking hoodlums from only God knows where attacked me & dispossessed me of the small money i had amidst slaps on the face.
Since from that day, i was this time around the one that barred myself from keeping late nights cos i dont pray to ever witness such an incident again.

BTW I was brought up in the north & still reside in the north also. So dont allow your mum's excessive control over you to weigh you down ooo. Its just a phase that will soon pass away starting from the moment you leave for nysc.
On the other hand, why not stay on campus in sch.?

Not a tidy place to stay.
I'm better of at home than on campus.
When i look around and see the things boys do and compare it to my attributes I'll be like is she blind or what?
She's not just over protective like this. I feel my late father would've been better.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by guente02(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
vislabraye:

I really can't understand why she acts that way, judging from what you said. There are usually 2 sides to a story. It would have been better to know why your mother acts this way.

But the best thing to do is to talk with her. You never mentioned your father. Is he also around ?Your father's intervention can make a huge difference. You can talk to him about your challenges. If not for the situation of things, at a certain age, adults should not be with their parents.

I would have advised you to live by yourself but as it is now, that's not possible. You have to cope with her. Parents are not perfect too.
She's perfect o. She doesn't want to here that.
I don't think there's anything i need to learn again. I've seen how hard life can be and the best practices to ease things up but she won't let you have a say talk more of understanding.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
guente02:

I feel that what you pops scolded you on is tolerable when compared to mine.
Imagine ur pops picking ur call and calling d lady atd other end a mobile prostitute. Imagine ur pops telling u not to visit any friend of urs that doesn't visit you.
Imagine ur pops thinkn you're lashin a chick when he doesn't see you at home at 7pm. Imagine ur pops not caring about you by telling u to sleep outside during December cold for coming home late when you we're 14. And lots more
op I cnt imagine me going through what u are going through....all I can say is "God knws best"
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by hotice01: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
waistaa:
. My dear don't make it sound simple,I for one is going through this stage.am a through with school and nysc,job hunting right now and d silly rules are seriously killing me,depression is an understatement,I don't even talk to her these days,I just go for errands and am glued to my phone and room.imagine an extrovert being forcefully turned to an introvert or should I say locked up. At OP since u are a guy,find a job to use no matter how small the pay is and bail out.who knows about others.

Here is my number 07053331484,please call or whatsapp me.
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by onelife97: 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
Talk to her as #misssclassy suggested.But some afro parents are really hard to chat with.Most of them are more like dictators.Or better still talk to anyone that could help yu get the words to her in an appropriate manner.
And if all option fails,live your life as you would like it.
But remember you will be sole responsible for all the praises and blames.

Keep calm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by COOL10(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
emmyagi:
i believe hating ur mum is not a good idea no matter what, i believe no mother will ever do anything to hot her child, she see's something that is why she dont want u to fall for it, if i may add when she is doing all this, what is ur dad saying, i think u need ur dad's help too
. Same thing my dad said abt his mom even after being warned severally until d day he met his demise. Mind what u say
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by COOL10(m): 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
funlord:
grin
Abeg "killer op", why are you still in your mothers house? If you want 2 be truly independent in order 2 make the kind of choices u want 2 make then move out and be a man! Alternatively u can sit your ass under her roof and commit murder! Let us know how that option works out 4 u later! I wonder what choice u would have had if she had also decided 2 "murder u" when u were still a foetus growing in her belly!
. 2 be sincere dr ws a tym I actually wished 4 dat ur last statement 2 have hpnd 2 me but not anymore cos I came 2 realise dat 'my living' alone will make em more frustrated and 'my succeeding' will make them come begging someday.
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Codyt(m): 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tallesty1:
A child will never know that her parents are right until he/she begets a child.

*Goes Back To Sleep*
When u eventually wake up,please try and buy yourself sense for once. Am begging don't forget. Sleep tight
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by flowjoe: 1:52am On Jun 17, 2015
Try to get admission into another university that's not in ur state so u'd be free from her claws
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by guente02(m): 7:00am On Jun 17, 2015
Nothing mankind no go ever see.
Don't know how the fact that i created this thread got to her knowledge but i dont care. She think i hate her and she's saying into the atmosphere how she has done nothing bla bla. That whats wrong if she says i shouldn't follow girls? She missed the embarrassment part where she insults any girl on sight. I haven't said a word because i dont have time for such.
Im just watching the way things are going. If she doesn't want to see me as her son, its her world. I'm not leaving the house neither do i plan to obey all the rules. Anyone that would engender inconvenience wouldn't be care about.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by boma95(f): 9:28am On Jun 17, 2015
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Factism(m): 10:37am On Jun 17, 2015
Google narccist mothers and thank me later
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
zicoraads:
I believe missclasssy has done justice to the thread. Lovely comments missclasssy...really lovely!

smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by grad2012(f): 12:09am On Jun 18, 2015
she luvs you ok and i know you won't understand that now but i swear one day when you grow older you will.The saddest thing is that one day when mummy is gone you will wish to have all this moments back ,i just hope you realize before that day comes and change that hate to luv cos there's no beautiful woman than our mothers.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by eDoc: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dude,time belongs to no man,My Advice be patient with your mum,she wouldn't have her way forever,take your time and learn a trade while in school,either computer related,business wise,retail,buying and selling to help you when you are serving NYSC,Omo if i talk my own,your mum's case would be like tales by moonlight,although my issue is not with my mum but Pop.

God is in control,as other positive contributor said,it could be psychological,i would love you to put this experiences at the back of your mind and also think of actions that your would do now that you may regret in life,also think of how you wouldn't allow your kids to go through what you are going through without spoiling them.

E go better!
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Fredoh(m): 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
I will advise you to take stanco's advise. but do not rush it till you are fully financially capable. sometimes some of this strict upbringing may affect children psychologically. i guess sometime similar would have happend to me if i were stuborn. one thing is sure. there are things i like and things i regret about my growing up. i believe i think beter, act better, and behave better when away from my mum. i have sworn to move away as soon as i get a job (because i lost one recently). and she dare not ask me about the girl i will marry, we never talk reach that side with her.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
ladyteska:
try to talk to her or obey her.....very soon she will be the one asking you when you are getting married,,shey God will miraculously send you a wife
ur right
Re: I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom by sashishalom(f): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
my dear hating her will do you no good....

mine is my mom sees me as her rival...i dont even understand...as if we wer competing...

a friend told to think of the little tome i have left with her...develop tough skin...build a shock absorber around you...

have this mindset and you'll see how it wull affect you...

i do it and whenever she is ranting,i just look at her and keep quiet and i walk away when she is through but keep a distance oh incase...

firstly,you will be proud of yourself and she will rant for a lil while...

just do these and she'll get tired...sometimes moms behave like overgrown babies...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why This Rise In Marriage Failure? / Is There Any Man Who Hasn't Ever Cheated On His Wife? / Did You Ever Inherit Anything From Your Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.