Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians (6588 Views)

IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / UK Police Spotted At Abuja House As Nigerians Prepare For All Night Protest.PICS / #PMBFailuresAt2 Trending On Twitter As Nigerians Rate President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by banku: 1:05am On Jun 16, 2015
NDI-IGBO HAVE MORE TO GAIN AS NIGERIANS

There are those of us that have never had Federal or State scholarships but are still grateful for the discipline instilled in us in primary and secondary schools. So when people say those that want Nigeria to exist as a Country are members of the looters club, they are dead wrong. We just cannot imagine our Country without Igbo or Hausa. Where do the so called minorities that have contributed more, to our existence in social and all aspect than the mega ethnics go?

The call for Igbo separation after each disappointment is usually misplaced but understandable. However the loss of breaking up Nigeria is monumental to the point of shaping the rest of the world. The amount of refugees alone will destabilize many countries, not only in Africa but in Europe and America. Worldwide repercussion is secondary, local disaster is immediate.

Religious riot in the North is a topic in itself; otherwise most Hausa are usually low-key outside the North. In the Federal Government they are willing to go alone since the days of Tafawa Balewa. It is the Southern parties that seek unions with the Northern parties. This time around, the Yoruba of the South-west have decided to form alliance with the North for the first time in the history of Nigeria. It is usually the South-east and South-south parties in union with North.

It is even doubtful how long the new union of the North and South-west is going to last. But cat calls, prediction of dooms and wishful thinking have crept up each day to create problems. Each and every move has been criticized and the union is “no longer at ease”. Even if this alliance fails, it is not going to break up Nigeria. The Hausa and Yoruba are not as keen as the Igbo to call for the breakup of the Country. Though everyone is fed up and may accept a loose union.

What does a loose union mean? It is either united group of ethnic nations or the confederation Ojukwu asked for. This is what led to the creation of more and more states to the point where everyone has their own governor, super secretaries and government workers that are now owed many months in salaries. Even worse is the discharge of workers from state positions because they are not from within the individual states.

If this is the chaos creation of states is creating, we cannot imagine the disaster creation of ethnic nations would create. In fairness, the Ndi-Igbo are not the only ones agitating for their own Country; the fever has caught the rest of the Country. It has caught fire amongst the Ijaw of South-south. They want their own Country to manage and spend the income mostly located in their backyard. Even worse, their leaders have been kicked out of power as President.

If there is anything to learn; it is that Ijaw leaders will spend oil income the same way they pocket it when they ruled Nigeria. The only habit Nigerians have in common more than anything else is the conspicuous spending and looting of the treasury. It is the way you can distinguish a Nigerian from a distance.

Unfortunately, some Igbo want to use the defeat of Ijaw leadership from federal power to recreate the Eastern bloc in the name of Biafra. It will never work. South-south is not made up of Ijaw alone. Both the Igbo and the Ijaw have allied with the North in the past to rule Nigeria and the rest of the Nigeria have never used that as a reason to break up the Country. The fact is, some minorities in the South-south have used their alliance with the North as a poison pill.

Indeed, it is only recent that ijaw has become a big minority. The fact is they are still not the main ethnic group in the South-south, the Edo are. Sometimes, present difficulties and pressing problems make us forget the past. Many have temporarily forgotten that amicable coexistence between Urhobo, Ijaw and Itshekiri was broken before Ijaw gained power. Families that have lived together for ages began killing one another: My People Are Killing My People!

Ndi-Igbo must remember that when they had less friends after the War and their properties were “abandoned”, the only place they got all their properties back, up to the present day is from Yoruba land. When they were ostracized from Federal Government after the War, their friends crying for inclusion were Yoruba. The first Government to bring them out from the cold and included them in sensitive and important federal position was Obasanjo Government.

The animosity between Yoruba and Igbo is very uncomfortable for many of us because we have never seen it at this dangerous level. Yes, we’ve always had conservatives on both sides warning us about the dangers of the other. What we see now that is so discomforting is the amount of insults thrown to one another by young people that are supposed to be more open minded than their parents. The parents are now more liberal than their children.

Some Igbo have five years plan to leave Lagos and Yoruba are fed up. The reason the Igbo have more to lose is because they have always been welcomed and well tolerated in Yoruba land. Majority of them have appreciated this accommodation and have contributed in return for the friendship by integrating well into the agbule (compounds) and families of Yoruba. The trend we see now is hostilities between Yoruba and Igbo.

I[b]t is not good for both and it may spell disaster for the Country as a whole. The union between political parties is for temporary convenience in order to rule or gain power. It never lasts as differences always show up. Shehu Shagari on why NPN and NPP alliance had to crumble: NPP kept on asking for more and more ministers and power. No position is permanent. This is not the first time that we have had political alliance in Nigeria and it will not be the last time.[/b]

Ndi-Igbo and Ndi-Yoruba must re-evaluate their relationship because the new generation is being poisoned by bad vibes between the two. It is not good for Hausa and most Nigerians.

Source: Farouk Martins Aresa
Story from The Nigerian Voice News:
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/182557/1/ndi-igbo-have-more-to-gain-as-nigerians.html

Published: Monday, June 15, 2015
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by ChimaAdeoye: 1:11am On Jun 16, 2015
Ojukwu advocated for Igbo-Yoruba politcal unity (Handshake across the Niger project), even just for the sake of surviving in Nigeria and he was rebuffed and laughed at.
It's just ironical that Yorubas are the most concerned about the Igbos leaving? But, the worst type of tit for tribalism hat exist between these two groups. I just don't get this love-hate relationship.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by carnegiefan: 1:17am On Jun 16, 2015
It is not true.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by yang(m): 1:20am On Jun 16, 2015
This poster is a joke . . .the very idea that Nigeria can be more prudent with Biafra's wealth more than Biafra is criminal, sheepish, self-serving and rent-seeking. Nigeria is a failed state and has already expired in 2014, anyone who preaches unity is a criminal and must be treated as one. People have their right to self-determination and this must be respected

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Rounakid(m): 1:22am On Jun 16, 2015
Anyway check my siqnature...
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by nonaira: 1:36am On Jun 16, 2015
Question I have for Farouk Aresa Is he Igbo? If he's not Igbo then wetin concern am . did we send him?

Ndi-Igbo must remember that when they had less friends after the War and their properties were “abandoned”, the only place they got all their properties back, up to the present day is from Yoruba land. 

This people have told themselves this lie so many times, it's turn to reality to them. Till date my grandfather's property in Lagos is not within our grasp, neither was my grandmother compensated for it when she went back to reclaim it . Not that we care as much for it cause my father and all his siblings have built better and brighter properties in both SS and SE so the olodos inhabiting our grandfather's home, if una dey NL, we hear poverty don kill you. grin Karma is a damn biatch; I hope you suffocate in it.
Anyway back to what I was saying, my family are not the only one. Even ojukwu had to go to court just to reclaim his father's properties in Lagos. Therefore farouk Areas, that propaganda that seems to have migrated itself to una reality needs to be shoved back to where the sun don't shine

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Dollyak(f): 1:50am On Jun 16, 2015
I agree op. The only group better off alone, are the south south people.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by mrbillz(m): 2:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:
I agree op. The only group better off alone, are the south south people.
So the South west cant survive all alone abi

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by carnegiefan: 2:09am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:
I agree op. [s]The only group better off alone, are the south south people.[/s]

You meant to say EASTERN NIGERIA.

Your "SS" is a Fulani/Yoruba masquerade created to prep Eastern Nigeria for maximum exploitation. About 40% of Igboland is there.
So, take note. And NO (to OP), we are better off seceded from this fraudulent nation.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Dollyak(f): 2:11am On Jun 16, 2015
mrbillz:
So the South west cant survive all alone abi
Again, south south is the only region that won't suffer in the short-medium term, then followed by the South west. They will simply get madly richer.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Dollyak(f): 2:14am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:

Your "SS" is a Fulani/Yoruba masquerade created to prep Eastern Nigeria for maximum exploitation. About 40% of Igboland is there.
So, take note. And NO (to OP), we are better off seceded from this fraudulent nation.
keep deluding yourself. You are in for a rude awakening, if you think SS people are happy to share their wealth with you.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by kenny091(m): 2:16am On Jun 16, 2015
Ibos; confused lot, spread all around the country like sugar ants in a bakery. They claim yoruba land is no man's land and at the same try to use biafra as blackmail. We couldn't care less if u leave nigeria just leave the ijaw and urhobo with their oil they are not ibos. Bunch of loud-mouths.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by carnegiefan: 2:17am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:

keep deluding yourself. You are in for a rude awakening, if you think SS people are happy to share their wealth with you.

Yes I know I'm deluding myself, but mark one this down. This fraudulent nation is definitely going down, and BIAFRA will be.
And in Biafra ALL (I mean 100%) of Igboland will be there. cool
Good luck with your fraudulent experiment.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Dollyak(f): 2:21am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:

Yes I know I'm deluding myself, but mark one this down. This fraudulent nation is definitely going down, and BIAFRA will be.
And in Biafra ALL (I mean 100%) of Igboland will be there. cool
Good luck with your fraudulent experiment.
Who told you I support one Nigeria? I don't without some strings attached like fiscal federalism, regionalism etc. The point is, SS will be very hard to convince to join biafra, and why should they?
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 16, 2015
Bye bye biafra.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by carnegiefan: 2:28am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:

Who told you I support one Nigeria? I don't without some strings attached like fiscal federalism, regionalism etc. The point is, SS will be very hard to convince to join biafra, and why should they?

Don't worry, when Biafra secedes, a huge chunk of "SS" will leave because it is either Igbo land, or the parts that cannot afford to be left behind in the Nigerian jungle, or have resources to form their own nation. But one thing I know is that Igbo will definitely leave Nigeria because it is an unrighteous and fraudulent nation.
So better prepare to accept Igbo secession from Nigeria, 'cos it is chiseled in stone.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by carnegiefan: 2:30am On Jun 16, 2015
kenny091:
Ibos; confused lot, spread all around the country like sugar ants in a bakery. They claim yoruba land is no man's land and at the same try to use biafra as blackmail. We couldn't care less if u leave nigeria just leave the ijaw and urhobo with their oil they are not ibos. Bunch of loud-mouths.

Err Oga when was the last time you conducted an opinion poll among Igbo people about secession from Nigeria?
Just try it and come back to tell us your result.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by kenny091(m): 2:41am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:

Err Oga when was the last time you conducted an opinion poll among Igbo people about secession from Nigeria?

That's what I mean by confused. The ones that are relatively ok want to stay infact they claim everywhere is no mans land whereas the failed ones prefer to dream of an utopic biafra where all their woes will disappear. My point is spare us all this childish banter.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by carnegiefan: 2:45am On Jun 16, 2015
kenny091:

That's what I mean by confused. The ones that are relatively ok want to stay infact they claim everywhere is no mans land whereas the failed ones prefer to dream of an utopic biafra where all their woes will disappear. My point is spare us all this childish banter.

Okay, last exchange with you because I don't exchange with people who have natural thinking disability.

carnegiefan:

Answer or goodbye.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Dollyak(f): 2:45am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:

Don't worry, when Biafra secedes, a huge chunk of "SS" will leave because it is either Igbo land, or the parts that cannot afford to be left behind in the Nigerian jungle, or have resources to form their own nation. But one thing I know is that Igbo will definitely leave Nigeria because it is an unrighteous and fraudulent nation.
So better prepare to accept Igbo secession from Nigeria, 'cos it is chiseled in stone.
To me the next few years(max 8 years) will determine if Nigeria can remain as one. For now I will rather SE/SW(only region I care about) create a solid platform before asking for a secession, otherwise it will be the same status quo.
One thing is for sure, merging the northern region with the southern part has to be among the most unforgivable act ever committed by the British.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by carnegiefan: 2:49am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:

To me the next few years(max 8 years) will determine if Nigeria can remain as one. For now I will rather SE/SW(only region I care about) create a solid platform before asking for a secession, otherwise it will be the same status quo.
One thing is for sure, merging the northern region with the southern part has to be among the most unforgivable act ever committed by the British.

Your wish will NEVER happen because SW has a history of betrayal of southern causes in Nigeria. And this point I don't want to debate.
Igbo will work tirelessly (alone if necessary) to leave this evil contraption.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by kenny091(m): 2:54am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:

Okay, last exchange with you because I don't exchange with people who have natural thinking disability.

Answer or goodbye.

I normally do not engage in exchanges like for fear of dragging myself thru the mare of insultive exchanges. I'll rather not descend to ur level

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Dollyak(f): 2:55am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:

Your wish will NEVER happen because SW has a history of betrayal of southern causes in Nigeria. And this point I don't want to debate.
Igbo will work tirelessly (alone if necessary) to leave this evil contraption.
Good luck to you guys.
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by carnegiefan: 2:56am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:

Good luck to you guys.

We are not planning to depend on luck this time because our last loss is all the lesson we need.
Thanks anyway. cool

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by mrbillz(m): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:

Again, south south is the only region that won't suffer in the short-medium term, then followed by the South west. They will simply get madly richer.
ok i dig
Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by superstar1(m): 7:40am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:

Have you forgotten that Western Nigeria starts from Asaba, through Warri down to Badagry.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 16, 2015
Non biafrans seems to know what is good for the igbos but the irony is, they don't know what is good for themselves.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by zendy: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2015
Dollyak:

What platform did Lugard build before that "British thief" created Nigeria? Who gave him the right to bring Hausa,Yoruba and Igbos together to create this fraud of a nation called Nigeria? Ojukwu saw what many people 50 years on, could not see,that Nigeria was a nest of deciet and iniquity. Igbos are an egalitarian and republican people. We must secede from the British fabrication called Nigeria! We must seek our destiny in Biafra! We must leave Lagos and return home to build our land. The Yorubas like to prance around and say Lagos is "theirs" while conveniently forgetting that Lagos was built with Tax accruing all over Nigeria for over 100 years as the colonial capital. If the British had never moved the Capital of Nigeria from Calabar to Lagos, this same Lagos probably would have been just a "coastal village" by now. The Igbo nation must exercise its right to self determination and free choice. We must secede as Biafra!!!!!

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by banku: 8:07am On Jun 16, 2015
This is really sad. Here is an author, well known for his pro Igbo views attacked by the same Igbo he was trying to appeal to. Only God knows what you guys are made of. Any Igbo lover is attacked. Even Soyinka, Fajuyi, Banjo and OBJ are attacked mercilessly.

It is a pity that you cannot love and be loved. That is why no matter where you go, you are either kicked out or sent to firing squad. Everywhere you have been, you establish the same hatred for the same people that accommodate you.knowing very well there is nothing for you at home. If there is, you will not be wondering around other people's land.

An article that is supposed to bring reconciliation has been turned upside down. Ungrateful souls, only Hausa know how to deal with you. Your master.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by zendy: 8:08am On Jun 16, 2015
superstar1:

Have you forgotten that Western Nigeria starts from Asaba, through Warri down to Badagry.

Your penchant for quoting nonsense is Legendary. Western Nigeria starts from Asaba? Because someone told you that Asaba is in the south-South? Asaba is the capital of the Delta-Igboland and the indegines of Asaba are 100% unadulterated Igbos. Even the Obi of Asaba will tell you this. There is not one Asaba man or woman I have met who denies their Igbo identity,they wear it with pride. Very soon,some people will say that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala from Ogwshi-Uku is not Igbo because she has been carved into the SS.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by superstar1(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2015
zendy:

Your penchant for quoting nonsense is Legendary. Western Nigeria starts from Asaba? Because someone told you that Asaba is in the south-South? Asaba is the capital of the Delta-Igboland and the indegines of Asaba are 100% unadulterated Igbos. Even the Obi of Asaba will tell you this. There is not one Asaba man or woman I have met who denies their Igbo identity,they wear it with pride. Very soon,some people will say that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala from Ogwshi-Uku is not Igbo because she has been carved into the SS.

Will you just keep your mouth shut and read up on the regions of this country.

If you claim Eastern Nigeria, what stops the North from claiming the old Northern Region and the SW claiming the old Western Region.

Asaba was under the old Western Region and it will go back to the old western region. Whether they are Igbos or Igbira is none of our business. All we want is the old order re-established.

Igbos want Eastern Region, we want western region of old and Northerners want their northern region of old too.

That is what we all want.

Re: Ndi-igbo Have More To Gain As Nigerians by babadee1(m): 8:13am On Jun 16, 2015
carnegiefan:

You first. Where is your own opinion poll among Igbo people about whether they want Biafra to secede or not? If there was to be such an opinion poll, I think you might be very surprised at the result.

Pics Of Another Side Of Aba: Aba Manufacturing Fabrication Side / Sanwo-Olu: Fallen Soldiers Made Supreme Sacrifice For Nation’s Unity / Oshiomhole: We Come With A Message Of Renewed Hope For Okpekpe

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79