Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. (10222 Views)

"I'm Proud To Say My First Boyfriend Is Really My Last" - US Based Nigerian Lady / Proud Celestial Church Couple Rock Their White Church Outfit In Prewedding Photo / Seven Things Singles Do When Tired Of Being Called "Single" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 16, 2015
Okay, so . . . it has been a long time since I've dropped a topic in the romance section, I feared my ogas here would get angry if this continued, so, I've come up with SEVEN things you can do to make your girlfriend proud of you . . . such that she will think twice before breaking up or cheating.

1. Befriend her Dad . . .

I know, very difficult, also, you might think, what's the point? Duh, read the topic again.
Obviously, her dad might not like you the first time you meet him. You are that strange guy that is coming to take his little girl away. But, as Dale Carnegie makes us know, you can make any one your friend if you display genuine interest in them. Ask her about him. His working places, his best games and teams, what he criticizes his daughter (your girlfriend) for the most. Then, when you meet him, be friendly towards him, at first, he may be critical of you, but if you keep flowing, he will eventually develop an interest in you too. If she finds out you can make her dad laugh, she must like you all the more.
If she has no Dad . . . befriend the next best person. smiley

2. Notice even the details . . .

Okay, so she has this new hairstyle . . . you see it, naturally, you may be compelled to say, nice hairstyle. That's cool, but here's what's hot. Comment on the smallest or most insignificant thing that even she probably doesn't notice. Go technical, in fact, whenever you see her on a new hairdo, grab that head and examine it, inhale the fragrance, look at the roots and the endings and color tones . . every single detail. Tell her what you see and feel and smell. She will be amazed at how much you care about her. It's even easier for clothing, shoes, jewelry . . . you can just take ahold of her sleeve and rub the material between your fingers. And comment on the fabric.
But, I'm not saying you should go and grab electron microscope oh! In fact, you should do this sometimes. Just give her the feeling that you care about EVERY part of her. Not just her front and back. grin

3. take on an active role in her finance.

Money and women have a strange relationship. A woman cannot wait to get her hands on money. Money can't wait to get out of a woman's hands. grin

Come to thing of it, is it sensible to just be giving her cash all the time? Without even knowing what she is using it for? Sounds like she is a hooker. undecided
Find out what she is using your money for nah, why she can't use her money for it. There is no reason why you can't take her shopping. Just let her know the limit of your financial strength before you can even smell the superstore.
Also, you are allowed to spoil her with gifts. Just make sure it's of your volition. And let her know what it took. There is no reason you can't plan her monthly budget with her. At the end of the day, she will see you are great at handling money. That's husband material thing. You will earn her respect and she's will be proud of you for it. smiley

4. Don't take nonsense . . .

Just when you were beginning to think this was a woman wrappering post tongue

Don't allow her to beat, slap, curse, insult, or blackmail you. If she burns food, like a boss, tell her to eat her portion first, then go down the street to buy indomie grin
No cursing of mother and/or generation of family allowed. angry
If she does any of these, just cover her mouth with your hand and tell her to shut up. cheesy
If she blackmails you for money, tell her to grow up. Don't allow any form of maga idea. Of course, she may break up with you, but frankly, isn't that a lot better than living with a she-devil
No one is perfect. So, cut her some slack and DO NOT become the nagging partner. Just don't tolerate extreme behavior. This . . . in an odd way, actually makes her proud of you.

5. Don't cheat.

Seriously, don't! I mean, why in the world would you even consider the slightest concept of cheating? There is God nah. angry are you Johnny?
Stay faithful to your partner. Sure, she might catch you staring at other hot girls from time to time, a mature lady will understand that this is just how we are built. . . . to stare . . . sad
By not cheating, you don't have to lie or bring up stories . . . by the way, she will know if you are lying. . . except you are very good shocked
You can beat your chest like a very handsome gorrila and say it anywhere that she is the only one. That alone makes you one of a kind. She will be proud of you.

6. Shut . . . up.

Some guys can talk non-stop from one Olympics to the next. Why?? Dude, she doesn't want to hear about the guy you beat in draughts at the bar nah. Unless you are both jobless, you should not talk anyhow or every time. Your words should be carefully thought out, measured, and calculated before dropping. That is why you are THE MAN.
but listen. Listen to EVERYTHING she wants to tell you. Be interested in everything she has to say. Don't interrupt. Just don't. Let her talk. Especially if she is sensitive about the issue. It is what she says that will give you clues about the kind of person she is. Be the person that hears and hardly talks.
When talking with her, make her laugh, make her think. Don't just talk. Soon, she will begin to do the same to you. I can bet you. If you're the one that is always listening, very soon, she will begin to want listen to you too. It's natural.

7. take care of yourself.

Now, your personal hygiene is vital. You should be clean and fashionable. You should also take care of your mind. Learn skills and acquire knowledge. Also, hustle. Money is important. Eventually, you will get married, you have to take care of the family.
You also have to watch your character. Being an insultive jerk will only attract immature girls to you. Trust me, you don't want that to happen. Learn to control your temper. And so on . . . .

The main gist here is be the gentleman, and she will be proud of you. cool

1 Like

Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by CrazyScientist: 3:00am On Jun 16, 2015
Teempakguy , why?! At this time of the night? grin
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Cutehector(m): 3:18am On Jun 16, 2015
Active role in her finances? Am I her father?

2 Likes

Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 3:24am On Jun 16, 2015
Cutehector:
Active role in her finances? Am I her father?
so yoiu are comfortable giving a lady money as she asks without monitoring it?
Are you her father?

1 Like

Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 3:25am On Jun 16, 2015
CrazyScientist:
Teempakguy , why?! At this time of the night? grin
my brain comes alive at night. wink
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by hadura29(m): 4:03am On Jun 16, 2015
8. Make sure you don't deny her early morning greetings wink, it is might not be important but it is necessary for the ministry to keep growing
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by amnesty7: 4:20am On Jun 16, 2015
Don't cheat, take care of yourself, pay her genuine compliments. I like these. And i assume you are married to her o.
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 16, 2015
hadura29:
8. Make sure you don't deny her early morning greetings wink, it is might not be important but it is necessary for the ministry to keep growing
cheesy bros, nah your own work pass.
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 16, 2015
PLEASE, OP, I Don't want her to be PROUD of me.

GIRLFRIEND should be treated as such and not WIFE.

what RELATIONSHIP do i have with her DAD...?

It will be a GRAVE INSULT to come so CLOSE and DISAPPEAR into THIN AIR, with another LADY.

PEOPLE have tried to treat GIRLFRIEND as WIFE, please there is a CLEAR DISTINCTION between both.
PLEASE, let's STOP importing useless WESTERN CULTURES into NIGERIA.

OP, U MUST know that some LADIES are very good for BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND matter but not SOUND and well GROUNDED for MARRIAGE.

PLEASE, Guys Don't ever give in, to the OP's convictions by getting too close to your LADY'S DAD,, especially when U are not sure u will end up with her.

IF u do and ABSCOND, na FAMILY HEART BREAK oooo
U may never know whose OFFICE may enter tomorrow.
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by prettyjo(f): 5:41am On Jun 16, 2015
OK naa
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by ola4yinka(m): 6:04am On Jun 16, 2015
1) Money
2) Money
3) Money
4) Money
5) Money
6) Money
7) Money

1 Like

Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by naijaboiy: 6:51am On Jun 16, 2015
Number 4 made sense.
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 16, 2015
naijaboiy:
Number 4 made sense.
naijaboiy never disappoints. cheesy
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 16, 2015
EVILFOREST:

It will be a GRAVE INSULT to come so CLOSE and DISAPPEAR into THIN AIR, with another LADY.

PEOPLE have tried to treat GIRLFRIEND as WIFE, please there is a CLEAR DISTINCTION between both.

OP, U MUST know that some LADIES are very good for BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND matter but not SOUND and well GROUNDED for MARRIAGE.

PLEASE, Guys Don't ever give in, to the OP's convictions by getting too close to your LADY'S DAD,, especially when U are not sure u will end up with her.

exactly.
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by naijaboiy: 6:59am On Jun 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
naijaboiy never disappoints. cheesy
I was thinking you were just trying to tell us how to worship them. It looked like bullshit to me until I read number 4.
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by SPAGGYYY(f): 7:01am On Jun 16, 2015
[
2. Notice even the details . . .

Okay, so she has this new hairstyle . . . you see it, naturally, you may be compelled to say, nice hairstyle. That's cool, but here's what's hot. Comment on the smallest or most insignificant thing that even she probably doesn't notice. Go technical, in fact, whenever you see her on a new hairdo, grab that head and examine it, inhale the fragrance, look at the roots and the endings and color tones . . every single detail. Tell her what you see and feel and smell. She will be amazed at how much you care about her. It's even easier for clothing, shoes, jewelry . . . you can just take ahold of her sleeve and rub the material between your fingers. And comment on the fabric.
But, I'm not saying you should go and grab electron microscope oh! In fact, you should do this sometimes. Just give her the feeling that you care about EVERY part of her. Not just her front and back. grin

I am only guilty of no.3 and its a very good point...am trying this immediately

Our GOOD ladies deserves to be treated right...

Guys if its money...u gonna be bless soon...
U can take a hint from my signature
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by igwedaboss(m): 7:02am On Jun 16, 2015
Really sounds true to me... I've seen all work.
Esp the compliments.. it's a default setting...
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

I was thinking you were just trying to tell us how to worship them. It looked like bullshit to me until I read number 4.
I think the mistake I made here is using the word "girlfriend." Instead of "wife"
Even I can't do the above for a girlfriend I know I can't marry. angry
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by naijaboiy: 7:07am On Jun 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
I think the mistake I made here is using the word "girlfriend." Instead of "wife"
Even I can't do the above for a girlfriend I know I can't marry. angry
Lol I guess it's mixed though.

Some can still apply to a girl friend. And don't forget most of us here on romance section aren't married. So we have to apply it in another way.
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 16, 2015
Nice tips, but that no 1. Befriend my father, That one go hard oh.
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by vicben27(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2015
EVILFOREST:

ur head dy der bro! Y d Bleep wil i want her dad to even knw me wen I knw d relationship is leadin no wer! Any girlz dad dat gets to see me in hez house or even get to knw me shud knw dat hez daughter is d one 4 me n is til death do us part
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by czarr(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2015
.....Get money!
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 16, 2015
hadura29:
its plain silly.

It passes you off as a weakling.

Places To Take A Girl To On A Date In Nigeria
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by hadura29(m): 8:21am On Jun 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
cheesy bros, nah your own work pass.

Na true na, your wife is your best pal, your business partner, women can sometimes give you ideas when the are very happy and satisfied with you..

Who be this below me? How your own be. Don't quote me again if you don't have sensible words to spill out. Quote me again make Jedi catch you... tongue
juicee1:
its plain silly.
It passes you off as a weakling.
Places To Take A Girl To On A Date In Nigeria
Re: Seven Things That Will Make Your Girlfriend Proud Of You. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

Lol I guess it's mixed though.

Some can still apply to a girl friend. And don't forget most of us here on romance section aren't married. So we have to apply it in another way.
exactly. smiley

(1) (Reply)

LADIES ONLY : What You Favorite IGBO Name For Guys ? / ........0 / My Boyfriend Told Me He Loves Me But Still Has Feelings For His Ex Back Home :(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.