Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (34161 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. / Similarities Between Yoruba And Bini (edo) Dancers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by EzeUche(m): 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2010
mama-gee:

Yorubas is the only tribe that's scandal free in Nigeria, that may be the cause of Igbos marrying from the tribe.

Hush Akata Igbo! I am getting tired of you bad mouthing the Igbo you confused Igbo girl.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2010
^^hmm!

it's just now you're joining this thread

what other id have you been posting under before

Yorubas is the only tribe that's scandal free in Nigeria, that may be the cause of Igbos marrying from the tribe.

anyway, not sure what you mean by "scandal free". Was Bode George not jailed for something and dont the dailies have various stories and scandals every day?
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by 006(m): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2010
mama-gee:

Explain what you mean 
I wonder how an Akata becomes an expert in Nigerian affairs.

EzeUche:

Hush Akata Igbo! I am getting tired of you bad mouthing the Igbo you confused Igbo girl.

Akata is Akata, Igbo is Igbo, afterall some AAs whose (great) grand parents were former slaves were Igbos.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by pheonixChi(f): 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2010
Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise

This topic is like saying '' marriage btw Men and women on the rise'' absolutely ridiculous and even more so as ppl actually argue, fight about it here

tribe, tribe , tribe Gosh Africans! Africans so much self loathe , its a pity sad
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2010
pheonixChi:

This topic is like saying '' marriage btw Men and women on the rise''  absolutely ridiculous and even more so as ppl actually argue, fight about it here

tribe, tribe , tribe Gosh Africans! Africans so much self loathe , its a pity sad
Welcome to NL. These ppl have nothing else to do but that.

chic2pimp:

If that lady starts chasing my sexy self around NL again, I'll deal with you seriously in the Bedroom angry angry angry

Besides I'm neither Yoruba nor Igbo wink
Oh oh you just opened up a can of wormss.
My friend, face front. And I deem you a yoruba man from now on, so hush up  cheesy

@SEFAGO
W/e dude, w/e
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2010
@SEFAGO
W/e dude, w/e

Ki lon so?

chic2pimp is not yoruba is part of the love-vendor tribe. Dont insult him
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
SEFAGO:

@SEFAGO
W/e dude, w/e

Ki lon so?

mo n so fun e pe ko "w/e". . . . o fe lo fail idanwo nitori pe awon Igbo ati Yoruba n fe ara won. Ki lo n se e?

No chic2pimp is Yoruba to me, he's my younger brother as far as I'm concerned wink
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 9:27pm On Apr 24, 2010
FL Gators:

mo n so fun e pe ko "w/e". . . . o fe lo fail idanwo nitori pe awon Igbo ati Yoruba n fe ara won. Ki lo n se e?

No chic2pimp is Yoruba to me, he's my younger brother as far as I'm concerned wink

Ahh mo ti gbo.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by mamagee3(f): 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2010
006:

Explain what you mean 
I wonder how an Akata becomes an expert in Nigerian affairs.

You're a Clown. . .
I'm not an African American, I'm Nigerian. . .Igbo to be precise.

Look, I can say something in Igbo: I wu onye ara?
grin
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by chic2pimp(m): 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2010
FL Gators:

My friend, face front. And I deem you a yoruba man from now on, so hush up  cheesy
@SEFAGO
W/e dude, w/e

Oyan Aya mi,

As long as i'm given  the freedoom to tap that booty, you can classify me as any ethnic group you so wish wink kiss

SEFAGO:

Preach it bro  cool
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 24, 2010
@ chic2pimp
Sharrap dia my friend.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 10:14pm On Apr 24, 2010
I just saw that P.I.MP was censored. The chinese should buy NL from seun they would love it undecided
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2010
SEFAGO, this thread no dey tire you?
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by 006(m): 10:17pm On Apr 24, 2010
mama-gee:

You're a Clown. . .
I'm not an African American, I'm Nigerian. . .Igbo to be precise.

Look, I can say something in Igbo: I wu onye ara?
grin

Whether a clown or onye ara, what I'm saying is that you're a lost breed; if you think you're not yet lost, then you must be a very confused Igbo girl.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 10:22pm On Apr 24, 2010
FL Gators:

SEFAGO, this thread no dey tire you?

shuush, I am just passing time here.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by chiogo(f): 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2010
FL Gators:

FL_Gators + SEFAGO
Fixed! cool
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2010
lol, you girls are still in high school sebi? By the way FL Gator is promoting interethnic marriage which frankly is not as common in Nigeria as it should be. I think inter-ethnic marriage would improve ethnic dialogue and relationships and are very welcome.

We should definitely be collating data on interethnic marriages and partnerships (both gay and heterosexual). Its a step towards equality and unity and the dissembling of the racism, tribalism, sectarianism section.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2010
SEFAGO:

lol, you girls are still in high school sebi? By the way FL Gator is promoting interethnic marriage which frankly is not as common in Nigeria as it should be. I think inter-ethnic marriage would improve ethnic dialogue and relationships and are very welcome.

We should definitely be collating data on interethnic marriages and partnerships (both gay and heterosexual). Its a step towards equality and unity and the dissembling of the racism, tribalism, sectarianism section.
What is this one yarning lol. Who is promoting what?

It doesnt matter. . . . it shouldnt be promoted or stopped. If only ppl can see beyond tribes and race, then those marriages should not be a big deal enough to create a commotion, commotions like this thread.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2010
^ however its still uncommon whether we like it or not- thats why it warrants a thread. People still stick to their ethnic group even the younger folks as they grow older.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2010
SEFAGO:

^ however its still uncommon whether we like it or not- thats why it warrants a thread. People still stick to their ethnic group even the younger folks as they grow older.
Oh really.

You know what I realized? It seems that most of these intermarriages are usually between the modernized couples that dont care much for differences in culture and those that dont know much about their culture.

If not for papers, you'd barely see a typical Nigerian man marry an akata.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2010
If not for papers, you'd barely see a typical Nigerian man marry an akata.

Depends- westernized ones will not date/marry a straight from Naija girl. Anyways it depends on the character of the man.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2010
Character of the man? Lol what does that have to do with this?

Nigerian men get character? grin
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2010
FL Gators:

Character of the man? Lol what does that have to do with this?

Nigerian men get character? grin

Depends on the ones you meet. It seems you have only met aro oko Nigerian men grin
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2010
SEFAGO:

Depends on the ones you meet. It seems you have only met aro oko Nigerian men  grin
Not only those I've met, but the ones I've indirectly met and observed nko?

When do you start considering a man modernized and ara oko? Have Nigerian men recognized the difference between the two? Cuz as of now, I still find it hard to believe a Nigerian men with character shocked grin
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by ezeagu(m): 11:26pm On Apr 24, 2010
mama-gee:

Over political correctness is not good, neither is over 'take-that-me!'
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 11:28pm On Apr 24, 2010
FL Gators:

Not only those I've met, but the ones I've indirectly met and observed nko?

When do you start considering a man modernized and ara oko? Have Nigerian men recognized the difference between the two? Cuz as of now, I still find it hard to believe a Nigerian men with character shocked grin

A lot do have character- like me for instance, and are principled, hardworking, brilliant with several desirable traits. but let me not go into the specifics and start advertising and praising my numerous good abilities. I do fall victim to a lack of modesty. I would suggest that there are more people like me. My conclusion is predicated on the fact that my character did not grow out of a vacuum- I must have encountered and being inspired by several Nigerian men of quality character.

I do believe that there are lots of respectable nigerian men-sensible and willing to look past tribe, race and other barriers.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2010
SEFAGO:

A lot do have character- like me for instance, and are principled, hardworking, brilliant with several desirable traits. but let me not go into the specifics and start advertising and praising my numerous good abilities. I do fall victim to a lack of modesty. I would suggest that there are more people like me. My conclusion is predicated on the fact that my character did not grow out of a vacuum- I must have encountered and being inspired by several Nigerian men of quality character.

I do believe that there are lots of respectable nigerian men-sensible and willing to look past tribe, race and other barriers.
Are you and Sjeezy related, btw? You two always sound like two conceited pieces of a puzzle.

I doubt you're ever going to be one of those respectable Nigerian men because your tribalism no get "stop" button. And dont sell me the "I'm just having fun and it's only online" bread, wont buy it.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2010
FL Gators:

Are you and Sjeezy related, btw? You two always sound like two conceited pieces of a puzzle.

I doubt you're ever going to be one of those respectable Nigerian men because your tribalism no get "stop" button. And dont sell me the "I'm just having fun and it's only online" bread, wont buy it.

I was just about to- I have zero tribalism bone in my body. Infact I am a big proponents of one Nigeria, and all that sort of good liberal stuff.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 24, 2010
So predictable. . . .
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by sjeezy8: 12:09am On Apr 25, 2010
mama-gee:

eyhhhh where you here dat one   shocked lmfao the funniest comment I seen on NL this week.

@ post dis ish is old lol but anyway I dont think its on the rise cause its always been there like marriage between yorubas and all non yorubas. Well most yorubas I know are only half anyway. Alot of older yorubas have mothers from Delta say "im half delta/bendel". (omo bendel)

The igbos that have been marrying yorubas more recently are most likely more from Enugu, Imo. Abia I guess core igboland.

I have dated igbo girls whos parents speak yoruba to me, Marrying an igbogirl isnt difficult,its marrying the ones who are the children of biafran soldiers - who are still mad at the world. lol

If I marry an igbo girl she'll most likely be from Delta state or Anambra I love those babes mehn.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by EzeUche(m): 12:29am On Apr 25, 2010
sjeezy8:

If I marry an igbo girl she'll most likely be from Delta state or Anambra I love those babes mehn.

And you will never hear an Igbo guy stating he would want to marry a Yoruba girl. Maybe an Efik, Ijaw or Ibibio girl but never a Yoruba girl.

That speaks volumes! grin
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 12:32am On Apr 25, 2010
^ yeah that we have common sense and are not ethnic bigots and you are- you should be ashamed of yourself.

If African American women dont want to date you because you are african will you like it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Meaning Of Peace In The Different Nigerian Languages / Queen Ajoke Gorgeous In Makeup Photo / Ekiti: 3 Killed, Oba Bobade Adeleke Chased Out Over Ogun Festival (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.