Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (34163 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / Marriage Between Rivers People And Igbos. / Similarities Between Yoruba And Bini (edo) Dancers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by mekusxxx: 10:35am On Apr 27, 2010
bk/babe99 (whatever stu-pid thing that means):

Just soo you know, I have been banging your Yoruba sister since 2005. Still considering if she is worth marrying, given what we now know about them.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by platinumnk(f): 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2010
bk/babe99:

^^^Babes, sometimes u disappoint the hell outta me. Can u read at all? Oh, ok, yeah u can read but do u have a problem comprehending what u just read? wow!!^^^^

I didnt read the stuff up there because I didnt want to. I read what you posted.
You said non one out of their right mind would marry an Igbo man except a Igbo woman. . . isnt that what you said?
undecided
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2010
I have been banging your Yoruba sister since 2005. Still considering if she is worth marrying

women of all nationalities still no go hear undecided

but sha: is there a particular reason why this so-called girlfriend of yours is staying with you? There's clearly more to the story than you're letting on.

aside from the tales by moonlight dimension.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by sjeezy8: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2010
mekusxxx:

bk/babe99 (whatever stu-pid thing that means):

Just soo you know, I have been banging your Yoruba sister since 2005. Still considering if she is worth marrying, given what we now know about them.

I just had to comment on this

haha thats the lamest come back ever- everyone has been bangin igbo babes before the civil war, during the civil and even after. so kini big deal lmfao
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by bkbabe99: 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2010
platinumnk:

I didnt read the stuff up there because I didnt want to. I read what you posted.
You said non one out of their right mind would marry an Igbo man except a Igbo woman. . . isnt that what you said?
undecided

You know what hun, just come to bed!!!
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by ezeagu(m): 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2010
sjeezy8:

I just had to comment on this

haha thats the lamest come back ever- everyone has been bangin igbo babes before the civil war, during the civil and even after. so kini big deal lmfao

Yeah, it's called ®ape.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by sjeezy8: 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2010
^^^ igbo way of thinking. . . I wasnt talking of despoil.

Incase you didnt know not every igbo supported biafra and a good amount stayed in the West were they were pre civil war granted they were married to yorubas edos, urhobos, hausas etc. as many are still doin now

[img]http://2.bp..com/_n5RIoHw5Hds/SzuvnCBEZUI/AAAAAAAAAdw/zEt8zZL4Q9I/s400/Maryam+IBB+Babangida+Wedding.jpg[/img]
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by mekusxxx: 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2010
Sjeazy8, of course you and your fathers have been ra=ping unwary Igbo women since adam. Isnt that why they call you people rapists? Ask Adeniran kids in the US.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by sjeezy8: 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2010
ONE of atikus wives jen igbo lady
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by naijadoll1: 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2010
everyone has been bangin igbo babes before the civil war, during the civil and even after. so kini big deal lmfao
ezeagu:

and they always bang the finest men and bring them back home to paapaa grin grin grin and are always on the top of their game like Miriam Babaginda & Stella Obsanjo {even with all the wives he married frm his tribe, Stella was the 1st lady, doesn't that say something}
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by AloyEmeka5: 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2010
naija-doll:

everyone has been bangin igbo babes before the civil war, during the civil and even after. so kini big deal lmfao
and they always bang the finest men and bring them back home to paapaa  grin grin grin  and are always on the top of their game like Miriam Babaginda & Stella Obsanjo {even with all the wives he married frm his tribe, Stella was the 1st lady, doesn't that say something}

Stella Obasanjo was Esan and not Igbo. The picture below is another hot Yoruba lady married to the best of your igbo men. Her father inlaw owns a brewery.

[img]http://www.facebook.com/profile/pic.php?uid=AAAAAQAQdipWCdcVBSYyn7ZQGFCpQQAAAArlV5FcBlUHKq6cTizExkmO[/img]
Funke Nwankwo
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by naijadoll1: 11:32pm On Apr 30, 2010
who cares !
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by AloyEmeka5: 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2010
May be Yoruba chics scare igbo men away, lol.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by naijadoll1: 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2010
maybe grin
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 10:33am On May 01, 2010
what does 'Yoruba' mean?
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by igboboy1(m): 11:45am On May 01, 2010
donspony:

what does 'Yoruba' mean?

i have been asking the same thing since i came to Nairaland, That is ethnocentri mekuxxx favorite word for yoruba, Why? I dont know.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by ezeagu(m): 7:03pm On May 01, 2010
donspony:

what does 'Yoruba' mean?

'Yoruba' is a commonly used Yoruba word, I don't know the meaning, but it is similar to 'Omo nna'.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 7:22pm On May 01, 2010
Yoruba means "then/when" in Yoruba. The igbo people call yorubas Yoruba people because when yoruba people are speaking they use the word "Yoruba" every single second like lol. he
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by ezeagu(m): 11:02pm On May 01, 2010
SEFAGO:

Yoruba means "then/when" in Yoruba. The igbo people call yorubas Yoruba people because when yoruba people are speaking they use the word "Yoruba" every single second like lol. he

Hmm, like the Igbo 'ngbe'. . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by bkbabe97: 1:01am On May 02, 2010
Where the hell this Naija-doll of a thing crawl out from? She sound just like a female Mekkueyyshiyyt. I bet anything the ho got a mustache!!!!
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by igboboy1(m): 8:15am On May 02, 2010
donspony:

what does 'Yoruba' mean?

so u are yoruba and u dont know Yoruba? you should be telling us, or ask SEFAGO the yoruba boy and he would tell you
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 8:16am On May 02, 2010
^^whats your problem with sefago??
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by igboboy1(m): 8:25am On May 02, 2010
^^ geez cool down u are not that important for me to be worrying myself with you, Is it because i said he should ask you that is why u are tripping?
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by SEFAGO(m): 8:36am On May 02, 2010
igbo boy:

^^ geez cool down u are not that important for me to be worrying myself with you, Is it because i said he should ask you that is why u are tripping?

u have been mentioning my username several times while I can hardly notices urs- so u can get the reason why I am worried.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by bgees(m): 8:36am On May 02, 2010
tribalism on nairaland is very interesting and hilarious. pls continue. grin grin
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Nobody: 10:25am On May 02, 2010
igbo boy:

so u are yoruba and u dont know Yoruba? you should be telling us, or ask SEFAGO the yoruba boy and he would tell you

Was looking at it in a different context especially as I thought it was an Igbo word undecided
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by igboboy1(m): 5:25pm On May 02, 2010
SEFAGO:

u have been mentioning my username several times while I can hardly notices urs- so u can get the reason why I am worried.

be worrried, very worried tongue
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by sjeezy8: 4:02pm On May 03, 2010
SEFAGO:

we seem to have the same problem hmm . . .

udezue:

Sleezy,
Stop derailing threads

EzeUche:

b] Then he acts as if the Ngwa are not Igbo and makes it seem like an US vs. Them and even begs for the support of the Yoruba fool known as Sleezy I mean Sjeezy. Alaigbo is under assault from these type of individuals. [/b]

udezue:

Sjeezy don meet match correct

Aloy+Emeka:

Its like Sjeezy has met his match. Where is bunkum/Babe? grin grin grin
etc . .  much more

shiot is annoying . . . . These guys should find something better to do . . .
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by igboboy1(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2010
sjeezy8:

we seem to have the same problem hmm . . .
etc . . much more

shiot is annoying . . . . These guys should find something better to do . . .

whining like a BIATCH
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by Ifygurl: 9:53am On May 05, 2010
@ bgees.

I know right. it's like watching a scripted reality show. LOL
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by anonymous6(f): 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2011
@mekusxxx
"Igbo ladies or men that marry Yoruba men or women are those living in Yorubaland. This makes perfect sense in terms of whom you meet most everyday on the streets you tread. Check out from Emeka Anyaoku to Prof Emeka Ike, to the new ones marrying Yoruba, they always lived and met their spouses in Lagos. How many Yoruba live outside Yorubaland how much less meeting a non-Yoruba to marry?"

The best statement on this thread, it is still low though but slowly increasing. However most mixed marraige in Nigeria tend to be high among the southeastern and southern tribes of Nigeria compared to the tribes in other parts like hausa's and Yoruba's, but the main fact is the inter-tribal marriages between yoruba's and igbo's are mostly between igbo women and yoruba men(Yoruba women don't because they are content with their yoruba men & never really marry outside their tribe), secondly it is mostly igbo's that are living and most likely was born & grew up in Yorubaland. Not the igbo's outside yorubaland. Most Yoruba's are content in their land and don't go outside their land to mingle with other tribes. So I think this threads title is a little mis-leading because it isn't high and it depends on the area in Nigeria. So this this is a no brainer, for me personally I only prefer yoruba men or mixed yoruba men(that are raised in yoruba culture) & the yoruba's I am around whether family or friends stay with their own; I am not down playing this because it is happening but not in high numbers. So I think this thread is a little hyped as far as I am concerned.
Re: Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise by onila(f): 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Meaning Of Peace In The Different Nigerian Languages / Queen Ajoke Gorgeous In Makeup Photo / Ekiti: 3 Killed, Oba Bobade Adeleke Chased Out Over Ogun Festival (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.