Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! (9269 Views)

President Independence Speech : A Hate Speech And A War Threat. / The Ringing Of Coup Bells And A Cause For Deep Concern - FFK / Asari Dukubo Speech:A Must Watch For Anyone From The South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:41am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Even though you just speculated, I'll agree with you and say I'm forever grateful to Jonathan for conceding defeat and preventing massive loss of life

Speculated.... You're not being sincere here bro...cheers!!!
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by zimoni(f): 11:42am On Jun 18, 2015
dearpreye:
Some may say it has passed. After all he made the speech a few days ago. Some may have even forgotten. We're always quick to forget and move on like nothing evil or significant has happened. It's not the same with me. I don't forget event or dangerous words.

For the uninitiated, a few days ago, our President, MB, while addressing some audience in far away South Africa said he thought Nigeria was headed for a Somalia.

It's now very worrying that some of us can no longer see anything out of place with PMB. His words and actions are almost beyond any mishap or mistake. Infact, anyone who disagrees with him is seen as foolish, hateful and dumb. That's the rhetoric now!

Even here a few threatening threads were created to warn anyone who shall lampoon and criticise the person of the President.

[b]I haven't taken my mind off that Somalia speech. Who was going to turn Nigeria into Somalia, a failed and lawless state? GEJ supporters or the supporters of PMB? It's very safe to safe we all know the answer. From those words, it's now clear that PMB and his group were ready to turn Nigeria into a Somalia had he not won the last elections. It's obvious he wasn't mincing words when he said in 2011 that the baboons and the dogs would soak in blood if the PDP rigs the election. RIG was clearly inserted in his speech as a decoy for the destruction and violence that would have erupted had he not won. From his speech, Nigeria is experiencing peace because he won the elections.

It was even insensitive and foolish for him to have used Somalia an an example in his talk.

It's obvious PMB and his foot soldiers had all their violent plans carefully put in place had he lost the elections. If some of his supporters get themselves killed when he was declared winner, how many more would have died if he was devalued having lost? Maybe a few hundreds. Maybe a few thousands.[/b]

PMB should be guided in his comments. He must be circumspect in his dealings, and be more taciturn and face squarely the enormous challenges lying ahead, rather than engage in making foolish comments that only pander to his children of hate and anger.

Many of you would have been roasted and suyaed but for the wisdom of GEJ!

I know the children of anger, whose hypocrisy is unfathomable, won't hesitate to this their hailstorm at me or totally avoid this thread like leprosy, that won't still stop from telling them the truth. PMB just made a conquest speech!

He that has an ear, let him hear. Anyone who underestimates the fury of these guys does so at their own peril.

1,000,000 likes for you.

Who was going to turn Nigerian to Somalia? PDP or APC?

Was that their plans?

Are we enjoying peace because he won the election?

One thing is certain, we haven't seen the end of the movie.

Time shall tell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by ziccoit: 11:42am On Jun 18, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, the elections are well over. PMB is the President and we all want him to do well.

However, we're still paying attention to his words, and will fairly criticise and even condemn him whenever he misbehaves, like he recently did in South Africa.

Loyalty should shred away our commitment to truth and fairness. PMB and his foot soldiers wouldn't have spared any perceived enemies had he lost. That's the meaning of his Somalia talk.

"Lost" please replace those words in your comment with "rigged out" and see how it sounds. There was no way PMB could have lost the last election except through monumental and unprecedented rigging. You wanted to beat a child and asked him at the same time not to cry. As PMB put it, the whole country would have boiled if he was rigged out. We all knew why the electoral process was frustrated right from card reader to postponement and Arubebeism.

Please let us go and sit somewhere and pray our country progress.
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
so nigeria president is now minister of foreign affairs

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by mrmetoo1: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, the point you fail to understand is that there's difference between the leader and the led...

Buhari came out as a violent and intolerant man...so also his fans...

Jonathan came out as the opposite...so asari and co would have NOT done anything since there hero isn't in support... Just like they did after he made the call...

Note reactions to results...Up north, they stayed awake and blocked streets even with curfew in place....

Down South... they voted and went home...

So who was disposed for violence among the duo

Geez whynotthetruth, seriously why not tell the truth?? The north was where there were problems this past elections? Abeg fear God! The guys that stayed awake were in Bauchi and it was because they got information that the governor wanted to manipulate the results so they defied the curfew and did it PEACEFULLY. All they were trying to do was protect their votes as votes have a way of "changing" overnight. The SS/SE states were the most violent regions during this election. I'm not sure what news you decided to listen to and the ones you mentally blocked out. Then in Lagos for example, at Osinbajo's PU to be specific, people stayed until after midnight to make sure their votes were counted and results announced. So I'm not sure where you got the idea that people just went home immediately after casting their votes. Didn't we see results from PUs all over the country coming out? The regions, for one reason or the other, where there was dead silence on these results were mostly from SS/SE, please lets be honest about this.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 18, 2015
ziccoit:

"Lost" please replace those words in your comment with "rigged out" and see how it sounds. There was no way PMB could have lost the last election except through monumental and unprecedented rigging. You wanted to beat a child and asked him at the same time not to cry. As PMB put it, the whole country would have boiled if he was rigged out. We all knew why the electoral process was frustrated right from card reader to postponement and Arubebeism.

Please let us go and sit somewhere and pray our country progress.

Prayers don't build nations. Only hard work, justice and science and technology build nations.

As for the other issues you raised, we all should be thanking goodness PMB didn't lose. Let's leave it there. But thanks for giving your voice to the discuss.

2 Likes

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2015
zimoni:

1,000,000 likes for you.

Who was going to turn Nigerian to Somalia? PDP or APC?

Was that their plans?

Are we enjoying peace because he won the election?

One thing is certain, we haven't seen the end of the movie.

Time shall tell.

We're experiencing peace because he won. The ugly opposite would have been the case had he lost.

There were plans in place to unleash injury and destroy lives had he lost. His words proved that.

We have not seen the end. Time shall indeed tell.

We have only postponed the inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by zimoni(f): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2015
God knows this forced-marriage called Nigeria is going to come to an end someday.

Yes, someday.
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 18, 2015
zimoni:
God knows this forced-marriage called Nigeria is going to come to an end someday.

Yes, someday.

The only way to avoid that is by restructuring the system to reflect true federalism. Anything apart from that only equals postponing the inevitable end.

A stitch in time saves nine!
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by patrickmuf(m): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

At least you have admitted Asari made threats, we're getting somewhere.

We could go back and forth all day about who started what, my point is the election period was tense. I spoke to GEJ supporters that said "Buhari will never be my president' tell me you didn't see that on Nairaland. Now if someone goes ahead to make that statement, what goes through your head? Some said they'll rather see Nigeria go to war, some said they'll rather handover to the military, they were many here also on Nairaland. I'm not saying Buhari supporters were not also guilty of adding to the tension but there were enough utterances and actions to go around from both sides to make anyone come to the conclusion that period could have been violent.

GEJ supporters keep clamoring for a peace prize, why is this the case if there wasn't tension? People keep calling GEJ a man of peace even Buhari still gives him props because if GEJ had rejected or cancelled the result, violence would have broken out from both sides. Buhari's aggrieved supporters and GEJ's supporters trying to defend their principal and interests. Orubebe did his part as a bait, we're glad Jega didn't take that bait. If violence had broken out after the elections, it would have clearly been along tribal lines, this is the reason Buhari said he was worried. Somalia with their mono-religion waged war for years among each other, what do you think would have happened in Nigeria that's made up of multi-ethnic, multi-religion sets of people.
Don't mind the hypocrites who are quick to call supporters of GMB "children of hate and anger" but in the real sense they can't get over their hate for the person of GMB as seen with their constant resort to half truths, barefaced lies, misrepresentation of facts and spread of thinly veiled hate messages...Some folks are just impossible...

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Geez whynotthetruth, seriously why not tell the truth?? The north was where there were problems this past elections? Abeg fear God! The guys that stayed awake were in Bauchi and it was because they got information that the governor wanted to manipulate the results so they defied the curfew and did it PEACEFULLY. All they were trying to do was protect their votes as votes have a way of "changing" overnight. The SS/SE states were the most violent regions during this election. I'm not sure what news you decided to listen to and the ones you mentally blocked out. Then in Lagos for example, at Osinbajo's PU to be specific, people stayed until after midnight to make sure their votes were counted and results announced. So I'm not sure where you got the idea that people just went home immediately after casting their votes. Didn't we see results from PUs all over the country coming out? The regions, for one reason or the other, where there was dead silence on these results were mostly from SS/SE, please lets be honest about this.

I tried to read and reread where I lied that made you to scream and ask me to respect my moniker which I do always...

You ended up saying same thing I wrote that people defied curfew up north...while south literally went to sleep after voting...I witnessed elections in Lagos too and nobody was waiting beyond 5:30pm in my side...

Aside initial hiccups thanks to malfunctioning card readers; my parents and relatives down east have finished voting and gone home to relax before 4pm...

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Chigorkizz:
what does the Daura President knows?

The only president that turns AU badge upside .
gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Dlionsheart: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
Though I love GEJ, I've never love him this much until buhari made that Somalia speech, then I thank God who used former president Jonathan to save millions of Nigerians from the slaughter slap of buhari and his gang. I now realized that God actually answer prayers but not in the manner we always expect it to be answered. Our ways are sometimes not His ways.

Any right thinking Nigerian will definitely give a second thought to buhari's conquest speech. As for me, it reminds me the fact that we are never one religiously, ethnically, and otherwise. We must all be on guard, pray, knowing that the dark days are here, but like the darkness of the night, it won't last for ever. We must prepared for the worse but hopeful for the best.

THE NIGERIAN FEDERATION IS A FRAUD, SURVIVED BY PRETENCE, SWIMMP IN DECEIT AND LAUGH IN IGNORANCE.

GOD HELP US!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by mrmetoo1: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I tried to read and reread where I lied that made you to scream and ask me to respect my moniker which I do always...

You ended up saying same thing I wrote that people defied curfew up north...while south literally went to sleep after voting...I witnessed elections in Lagos too and nobody was waiting beyond 5:30pm in my side...

Aside initial hiccups thanks to malfunctioning card readers; my parents and relatives down east have finished voting and gone home to relax before 4pm...

Wait doesn't your south include SS and SE?? Was there not reported violence in this regions?? At this point we've gone so far off topic I'm not even sure what point we're trying to make
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
Dlionsheart:
Though I love GEJ, I've never love him this much until buhari made that Somalia speech, then I thank God who used former president Jonathan to save millions of Nigerians from the slaughter slap of buhari and his gang. I now realized that God actually answer prayers but not in the manner we always expect it to be answered. Our ways are sometimes not His ways.

Any right thinking Nigerian will definitely give a second thought to buhari's conquest speech. As for me, it reminds me the fact that we are never one religiously, ethnically, and otherwise. We must all be on guard, pray, knowing that the dark days are here, but like the darkness of the night, it won't last for ever. We must prepared for the worse but hopeful for the best.

THE NIGERIAN FEDERATION IS A FRAUD, SURVIVED BY PRETENCE, SWIMMP IN DECEIT AND LAUGH IN IGNORANCE.

GOD HELP US!!!

You have indeed spoken well. Though very brief, your message conveyed within its body deep lessons for the thoughtful and sober.

Like you said, every sane person could see beyond the words of PMB and sight the dangerous revelations in those words but many are NOT thoughtful, but emotional and childish.

Thorough the thread you could see the names I've been called for being sincere and pointing out the hidden sinister plans these folks up North had against us. I'm not bothered. Sometimes the truthful is alone.

Nigeria, in its current state, is one monumental fraud. The pretense won't last forever.

God bless GEJ! He literally saved the lives of many!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Yujin(m): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
attacker231:
[s][/s]
I think you need more of the pity.
Ok o. Do not say you were not told.
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by attacker231: 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
Yujin:

Ok o. Do not say you were not told.

Swerve and stop pouring smelling spit everywhere. Bigot.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by kaboninc(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
trillville:
Dearpreye, I view buhari's statement a little differently than you do.

With a continued PDP government, Nigeria was certainly heading towards Somalia due to extreme corruption, and the sustained fall in oil prices. This would have certainly led to extreme hunger in the land and a hungry man is an angry man, so it would not have taken much to ignite the embers of war.

The gej government let so many militias grow and fester such as boko haram, ombaste, biafra guys, Fulani herdsmen, mend, opc, etc. our Army was also rendered impotent while our generals enriched themselves to obscene levels that one wanted to buy into the Hilton hotel business and the other chose to run for governor.

Nigeria was truly at the brink of destruction. The opposition decided that taking over power was no longer a want, but a necessity to ensure nigeria's survival.

As it is said in the holy book, from the beginning of time the Kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by force. The only way PDP would have given up power was by bloodshed or a serious threat of bloodshed. This was a necessary condition to save Nigeria as a country.

Why do you think Obasanjo brought up the Gbagbo incident? Do you think Obasanjo on a normal day will support Buhari? Or you assume Obasanjo just hates Jonathan for no reason? He had no choice but to support Buhari because Jonathan was turning Nigeria into Somalia.

Let me leave you with this analogy,

A person with appendicitis can either be operated on to cut the appendix or left to die in pain and misery. Nigeria under Jonathan's leadership was heading for death. Even though wars are terrible events, Nigeria would have still been better in the long run than four more years of Jonathan's leadership.

Although Jonathan was probably the worst president Nigeria has ever had, he will go down in history as a hero for accepting the people's will and leaving office graciously.

I wonder what defines you. I wonder how you process things.

Lets see how Buhari's government will curb the various militias you claim GEJ festered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
kaboninc:

Lets see how Buhari's government will curb the various militias you claim GEJ festered.

We're all watching. Keenly.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
Clearly,you have nothing to say because dearpreye struck your dumb asses with the truth.

vedaxcool:
Another wailing cry cry thread for taniods. Let the crying begin.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
@dearpreye, this writeup is NOTHING but your opinion. If we sat five men down and asked them about what they thought of Buhari's speech, we would get at least three differing opinions that may even be further from the FACT.

However, what irritates me about this writeup is the way you go about parading as the fact of the matter. This is just your opinion which is obviously influenced by sentiments and a deep hatred for the person of Muhammad Buhari.
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
genearts:
Why won't people call you guyz foolish when you keep coming up with lame criticism like this

Obviously, your Saint can't do any wrong even if he points a gun at your relatives.

This isn't loyalty; it's grand DELUSION!
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
hifaif:
@dearpreye, this writeup is NOTHING but your opinion. If we sat five men down and asked them about what they thought of Buhari's speech, we would get at least three differing opinions that may even be further from the FACT.

However, what irritates me about this writeup is the way you go about parading as the fact of the matter. This is just your opinion which is obviously influenced by sentiments and a deep hatred for the person of Muhammad Buhari.

It's not just my opinion. It's the truth.

Every sensible Nigerian or person can see beyond the words. He simply spike what was planned awaiting his loss. Many people believe something sinister was in the lurk before the elections. If the folks up North got the slightest idea PMB was going to lose, mayhem would have broken loose even before collation would have ended.

BTW, PMB is my president, but my loyalty to truth is far greater than my loyalty than Nigeria.

Besides, I don't hate people. Whether PMB or not, I've grown above hate and bigotry. I just don't grow above truth.

To hate is to self destruct.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by trillville(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2015
kaboninc:

Jonathan was the worst president Nigeria has ever had in terms of maintaining our macro economy. Apart from Yakubu Gowon, no president has had the flood of money Jonathan was privileged to have. Yet what did he do with the money, he crippled our currency, damaged our external reserves and also put a huge amount of domestic debt on future generations of Nigerians.

As for the militias, They are all products of extreme poverty in the face of plenty due to massive corruption in our society. Buhari defeated matastine in the past, so I believe he would also do a good job again
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by trillville(m): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
dearpreye:

It's not just my opinion. It's the truth.

Every sensible Nigerian or person can see beyond the words. He simply spike what was planned awaiting his loss. Many people believe something sinister was in the lurk before the elections. If the folks up North got the slightest idea PMB was going to lose, mayhem would have broken loose even before collation would have ended.

BTW, PMB is my president, but my loyalty to truth is far greater than my loyalty than Nigeria.

Besides, I don't hate people. Whether PMB or not, I've grown above hate and bigotry. I just don't grow above truth.

To hate is to self destruct.

Hifaif is right, your write up is just your opinion. With Jonathan at the helm, Nigeria was already heading to Somalia, so I do not understand what you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by kaboninc(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
trillville:

Jonathan was the worst president Nigeria has ever had in terms of maintaining our macro economy. Apart from Yakubu Gowon, no president has had the flood of money Jonathan was privileged to have. Yet what did he do with the money, he crippled our currency, damaged our external reserves and also put a huge amount of domestic debt on future generations of Nigerians.

As for the militias, They are all products of extreme poverty in the face of plenty due to massive corruption in our society. Buhari defeated matastine in the past, so I believe he would also do a good job again

Well, I see you have so much hatred in you against GEJ. I also see that you really do not have an informed account of history especially as it relates with the economy. You even forgot the Oil Windfall of IBB's regime. You forgot that the excess crude revenue is not the exclusive preserve of the Federal Government but the entire federation and we operate a federal system of government. You also do not know that the external reserve is actually a composition of two components. You do not know that GEJ's administration was not the first to review our currency. Worse still, you have absolutely no idea about debt management. Neither do you have an idea of the rate, level and quantum of infrastructural investments and development embarked at the federal level since the history of Nigeria.

I would love to have a serious, in-depth and objective discussion with you, most especially on the bold statement of yours. But I fear you might allow hatred and ignorance and emotion to cloud your reasoning. And so, I'll pass.

We'll meet some day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by kaboninc(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
trillville:

Hifaif is right, your write up is just your opinion. With Jonathan at the helm, Nigeria was already heading to Somalia, so I do not understand what you are talking about.

Were you aware that Buhari did make those inflammatory statements in 2011?

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by trillville(m): 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
kaboninc:

Well, I see you have so much hatred in you against GEJ. I also see that you really do not have an informed account of history especially as it relates with the economy. You even forgot the Oil Windfall of IBB's regime. You forgot that the excess crude revenue is not the exclusive preserve of the Federal Government but the entire federation and we operate a federal system of government. You also do not know that the external reserve is actually a composition of two components. You do not know that GEJ's administration was not the first to review our currency. Worse still, you have absolutely no idea about debt management. Neither do you have an idea of the rate, level and quantum of infrastructural investments and development embarked at the federal level since the history of Nigeria.

I would love to have a serious, in-depth and objective discussion with you, most especially on the bold statement of yours. But I fear you might allow hatred and ignorance and emotion to cloud your reasoning. And so, I'll pass.

We'll meet some day.

It is a child that you can confuse with all this your grammar. Nigeria has a sovereign wealth fund, why didn't he save money in that fund? Why didn't he invest in revenue generating enterprises like repairing and building refineries. Let me guess? Government has no business with business right? All you half baked economist, sell your foolish ideas to your kind.

Please tell me what productive infrastructure was developed in his five year rule?
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by kaboninc(m): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2015
trillville:

It is a child that you can confuse with all this your grammar. Nigeria has a sovereign wealth fund, why didn't he save money in that fund? Why didn't he invest in revenue generating enterprises like repairing and building refineries. Let me guess? Government has no business with business right? All you half baked economist, sell your foolish ideas to your kind.

Please tell me what productive infrastructure was developed in his five year rule?

At the bold,

When I said you lack an informed account of history, even as recent as 4 years ago, you probably think I was insulting you. But you've just proved me to be correct. Just so bad.

Why don't you use GOOGLE to find out who initiated the Sovereign Wealth Fund programme, and the fierce opposition that came with it.

On the aspect of building refineries, you could also extend your time on Google to find out the extent of the Federal Government's income and the fact that the existing refineries are been revamped - all by the same man you hate so much with intense passion, GEJ.

Like I had said, you my friend, you are just not in the right state of mind for serious discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by trillville(m): 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2015
kaboninc:

At the bold,

When I said you lack an informed account of history, even as recent as 4 years ago, you probably think I was insulting you. But you've just proved me to be correct. Just so bad.

Why don't you use GOOGLE to find out who initiated the Sovereign Wealth Fund programme, and the fierce opposition that came with it.

On the aspect of building refineries, you could also extend your time on Google to find out the extent of the Federal Government's income and the fact that the existing refineries are been revamped - all by the same man you hate so much with intense passion, GEJ.

Like I had said, you my friend, you are just not in the right state of mind for serious discussion.

Did Obasanjo have a sovereign wealth fund? No, yet he saved money in the excess crude account. Did Yaradua have a sovereign wealth fund? No, but he also saved money in the excess crude account. Now tell me, why didn't Jonathan use the sovereign wealth fund he helped create to save money?

As for the refineries, why did Jonathan wait until his 5th year in office to fix them? Or did the TAM take 5 years to complete?
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by kaboninc(m): 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
trillville:

Did Obasanjo have a sovereign wealth fund? No, yet he saved money in the excess crude account. Did Yaradua have a sovereign wealth fund? No, but he also saved money in the excess crude account. Now tell me, why didn't Jonathan use the sovereign wealth fund he helped create to save money?

As for the refineries, why did Jonathan wait until his 5th year in office to fix them? Or did the TAM take 5 years to complete?

Did you even consider this statement of mine paying rapt attention to the bold part:

Am so sure you didn't because like I said, you are filled with hate.

Obasanjo was able to "save" because we had liquidated (or rather we were forgiven) substantial sum of our foreign debts. Also, the economic activity of the Obasanjo era cannot be compare to today's. Then again, note that the monies "saved" by Obasanjo were used as seed capital to fund the construction of various independent power projects in the country.

Yar-Adua wasn't able to really govern the country due to health challenge. However, did he save? Did you know that there was a financial crisis in 2007 - 2009 which affected our national economy?

Building and repair of refineries do not take a year (or 6 months) - you had said that it took Jonathan his 5th year to revamp the refineries. Mind you, that process has been on-going.

My friend, let me stop here.

We'll discuss when you're ready.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by vega84(m): 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
What do u expect frm an uneducated abo...ki, suya! #vegatalks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phone Numbers Of Nigeria Ministers Published / Why Nia, Dss, Efcc Will Continue To Clash – Nsa / APC Convention: Buhari To Court Governors On Choice Of Party Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.