Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! (9268 Views)

President Independence Speech : A Hate Speech And A War Threat. / The Ringing Of Coup Bells And A Cause For Deep Concern - FFK / Asari Dukubo Speech:A Must Watch For Anyone From The South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by themilanway(m): 9:53am On Jun 18, 2015
dearpreye:

We won't let him be- at least not when he makes speeches that are dangerous and stupid.

I suggest and advice you stop creating silly and sympathetic threads,its useless and pointless,Jonathan is history.

There was nothing wrong with his speech,Jonathan and his goons were about to set the country ablaze.

Orubebe was about to strike the match before he made that most important phone call of his life.
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 18, 2015
Euro31:
GEJ a man of peace...

We miss you sir.

GEJ is the Greatest Nigerian President!!!

This isn't even in question. Just like in Egypt, illiterate Nigerian electorates have voted into power an equally illiterate terrorist as President.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by frankyychiji(f): 9:58am On Jun 18, 2015
themilanway:

I will only edit it when you and your ilks stop painting Jonathan as God sent and Buhari as the devil incarnate.

Enough of those craps.

I ask again,what didn't you GEJ symaptizers threw at him?

Let this man be.
What didn't Apc throw at Jonathan? Btw, can anybody feed me with the current activities of the BBOG? Are they still protesting under the sun and taking shed under the canopies on the street or have the girls been found or has the NGO abandoned the project?? I sincerely want to know please.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 18, 2015
*Smiles*
Prior to the election everywhere was tensed. As far back as May 2012, Buhari was quoted to have said
“God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way..
This statement may provoke anybody to be prepared for the "battle ahead". The words used are very strong that it takes a discerning mind to read between the lines. A country like Nigeria with high illiteracy are most likely to interpret these words to be war song.
Buhari was also quoted to have said
“If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.’’.
I was very disappointed because these words are provoking if interpreted literally. However, further probe showed that he spoke in his Hausa and used an Hausa idiom (similar to It rained cat and dog angry). The problem with Muhammadu Buhari is that he talks carelessly without taking cognizance of his status in the society and the audience. We all know what happened in 2011 after he openly rejected the result by saying on Hausa radio service that
"In the (Niger Delta region) and the southeast, there were no elections and our supporters weren't allowed to vote,".
This statement was enough to provoke his illiterate supporters to avenge the so-called disenfranchisement of the SE and SS Sai Buhari voters as claimed by Buhari. This doesn't mean Buhari expressly told anyone to fight!

My position is that Buhari should be VERY careful and tactful with his statement, otherwise people will continue to view him as instigator of violence.

Back to 2015: Junaid Muhammed threatened war on several occasion
”Let me say this, if without the consent of the law, they rig the election the way they rigged 2011 election, there will be mayhem in Nigeria"“The only way PDP will win election anywhere is by rigging the election. If they do that in 2015, there will be mayhem in Nigeria,” (2013)

"Quote me, if Jonathan insists on running, there will be bloodshed and those who feel short-changed may take the warpath and the country may not be the same again. His running will amount to taking about 85 million northerners for a ride and that is half of the country’s total population. So, there will be bloodshed." ( 2013)

Kingsley Kuku said "The peace we enjoy isn't guaranteed if Jonathan will not be re-elected"- (2013)

Asari Dokubo said I want to go on to say that, there will be no peace, not only in the Niger Delta, but everywhere if Goodluck Jonathan is not President by 2015, except God takes his life, which we don’t pray for. (2013)

APC added theirs with their several threats to form parallel administration should Jonathan wins rig the election. Some Niger Delta Militants restated their threats. Jonathan was attacked up North. PDP campaigners were attacked. It was tensed and Jonathan conceded defeat.

It amount to carelessness for Buhari to make that Somali statement AS a leader in the society irrespective of whether he wins or loses. I think President Buhari need to be trained on the effect of speech on his audience.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:59am On Jun 18, 2015
dearpreye:
Some may say it has passed. After all he made the speech a few days ago. Some may have even forgotten. We're always quick to forget and move on like nothing evil or significant has happened. It's not the same with me. I don't forget event or dangerous words.

For the uninitiated, a few days ago, our President, MB, while addressing some audience in far away South Africa said he thought Nigeria was headed for a Somalia.

It's now very worrying that some of us can no longer see anything out of place with PMB. His words and actions are almost beyond any mishap or mistake. Infact, anyone who disagrees with him is seen as foolish, hateful and dumb. That's the rhetoric now!

Even here a few threatening threads were created to warn anyone who shall lampoon and criticise the person of the President.

I haven't taken my mind off that Somalia speech. Who was going to turn Nigeria into Somalia, a failed and lawless state? GEJ supporters or the supporters of PMB? It's very safe to safe we all know the answer. From those words, it's now clear that PMB and his group were ready to turn Nigeria into a Somalia had he not won the last elections. It's obvious he wasn't mincing words when he said in 2011 that the baboons and the dogs would soak in blood if the PDP rigs the election. RIG was clearly inserted in his speech as a decoy for the destruction and violence that would have erupted had he not won. From his speech, Nigeria is experiencing peace because he won the elections.

It was even insensitive and foolish for him to have used Somalia an an example in his talk.

It's obvious PMB and his foot soldiers had all their violent plans carefully put in place had he lost the elections. If some of his supporters get themselves killed when he was declared winner, how many more would have died if he was devalued having lost? Maybe a few hundreds. Maybe a few thousands.

PMB should be guided in his comments. He must be circumspect in his dealings, and be more taciturn and face squarely the enormous challenges lying ahead, rather than engage in making foolish comments that only pander to his children of hate and anger.

Many of you would have been roasted and suyaed but for the wisdom of GEJ!

I know the children of anger, whose hypocrisy is unfathomable, won't hesitate to this their hailstorm at me or totally avoid this thread like leprosy, that won't still stop from telling them the truth. PMB just made a conquest speech!

He that has an ear, let him hear. Anyone who underestimates the fury of these guys does so at their own peril.

I didn't bother reading ur epistle to Nairalanders to the end. because I know what you are attempting at saying. The real myopic person here is you. You just picked that sentence and omitted the part which he extolled and praised GEJ for averting what could have been.

Take this scenerio for an instance. If GEJ had lost as it was obvious that he was going to lose and he GEJ decided to sit tight and even cancel d results for gross irregularities, what would have happened?

The likes of Asari-Dokubo was silenced by that singular act of GEJ.

Mind you no one has exclusive rights to violence and pple are by nature defensive when pushed to the wall.

You know already that there are pockets of self styled "freedom fighters" like the massob,mend and those in d north etc. These groups will inturn become factions in the Somalia like predictions.

PMB knows what he was talking about and please, look for constructive ways to criticise ur president afterall if GEJ who is younger could not deliver let an old man try plz. Let him try give him time let us see.

2 Likes

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by mrmetoo1: 9:59am On Jun 18, 2015
frankyychiji:
The Jonathan strong hold was violent according to you because Buharis foot soldiers there were not given a breathing space to perpetrate their crime. Unlike the whole northern states where there were no void votes and some states returned 100% registered voters, there were massive under aged voting, war ravaged zones had their pvcs all delivered and collected. The card reader you talked about, who initiative was it? Who paid for it? Did it work optimally?
You see, there is nothing wrong in the change in government really if Nigerians would be the top gainers ,but Apc as we all know are kettles calling pot black.

Buhari MAY have a better financial management record in public office than any president dead or alive, the man is a typical notherner favourably disposed to religious and ethnic bigotry hence the blood of the dogs and baboons must be shed to appease his ego.

Dude come on!!! Buhari's foot soldiers again?? You're coming off as someone that's incapable of having an honest discussion. To prove me wrong however, tell me the Northern state(s) that returned 100% registered voters. I'll throw that out to everyone for anyone that can help this guy answer. Most of the states had about 40% return, what states had the highest percentage returns?? This is what I'm saying about self inflicted amnesia, these are easily verifiable facts you're trying to twist. It wasn't me that mentioned card readers but ok educate me, who paid for it because all along I thought that it was FG funding INEC.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by frankyychiji(f): 10:01am On Jun 18, 2015
themilanway:

I will only edit it when you and your ilks stop painting Jonathan as God sent and Buhari as the devil incarnate.

Enough of those craps.

I ask again,what didn't you GEJ symaptizers threw at him?

Let this man be.
Nigerians will not let him be. We will continually, in a responsible and credible manner hold Buhari accountable for all his deeds both now and then. We want a better Nigeria of our dreams.

lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun, please do the needful for a wider participation in the matter under review.
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by trillville(m): 10:07am On Jun 18, 2015
Dearpreye, I view buhari's statement a little differently than you do.

With a continued PDP government, Nigeria was certainly heading towards Somalia due to extreme corruption, and the sustained fall in oil prices. This would have certainly led to extreme hunger in the land and a hungry man is an angry man, so it would not have taken much to ignite the embers of war.

The gej government let so many militias grow and fester such as boko haram, ombaste, biafra guys, Fulani herdsmen, mend, opc, etc. our Army was also rendered impotent while our generals enriched themselves to obscene levels that one wanted to buy into the Hilton hotel business and the other chose to run for governor.

Nigeria was truly at the brink of destruction. The opposition decided that taking over power was no longer a want, but a necessity to ensure nigeria's survival.

As it is said in the holy book, from the beginning of time the Kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by force. The only way PDP would have given up power was by bloodshed or a serious threat of bloodshed. This was a necessary condition to save Nigeria as a country.

Why do you think Obasanjo brought up the Gbagbo incident? Do you think Obasanjo on a normal day will support Buhari? Or you assume Obasanjo just hates Jonathan for no reason? He had no choice but to support Buhari because Jonathan was turning Nigeria into Somalia.

Let me leave you with this analogy,

A person with appendicitis can either be operated on to cut the appendix or left to die in pain and misery. Nigeria under Jonathan's leadership was heading for death. Even though wars are terrible events, Nigeria would have still been better in the long run than four more years of Jonathan's leadership.

Although Jonathan was probably the worst president Nigeria has ever had, he will go down in history as a hero for accepting the people's will and leaving office graciously.

3 Likes

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:08am On Jun 18, 2015
Henry120:

GEJ is the Greatest Nigerian President!!!

This isn't even in question. Just like in Egypt, illiterate Nigerian electorates have voted into power an equally illiterate terrorist as President.

The Greatest president(incumbent) was removed by a an illiterate dullard according to you pple. Who is now the wiser?
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 18, 2015
trillville:
Dearpreye, I view buhari's statement a little differently than you do.

With a continued PDP government, Nigeria was certainly heading towards Somalia due to extreme corruption, and the sustained fall in oil prices. This would have certainly led to extreme hunger in the land and a hungry man is an angry man, so it would not have taken much to ignite the embers of war.

The gej government let so many militias grow and fester such as boko haram, ombaste, biafra guys, Fulani herdsmen, mend, opc, etc. our Army was also rendered impotent while our generals enriched themselves to obscene levels that one wanted to buy into the Hilton hotel business and the other chose to run for governor.

Nigeria was truly at the brink of destruction. The opposition decided that taking over power was no longer a want, but a necessity to ensure nigeria's survival.

As it is said in the holy book, from the beginning of time the Kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by force. The only way PDP would have given up power was by bloodshed or a serious threat of bloodshed. This was a necessary condition to save Nigeria as a country.

Why do you think Obasanjo brought up the Gbagbo incident? Do you think Obasanjo on a normal day will support Buhari? Or you assume Obasanjo just hates Jonathan for no reason? He had no choice but to support Buhari because Jonathan was turning Nigeria into Somalia.

Let me leave you with this analogy,

A person with appendicitis can either be operated on to cut the appendix or left to die in pain and misery. Nigeria under Jonathan's leadership was heading for death. Even though wars are terrible events, Nigeria would have still been better in the long run than four more years of Jonathan's leadership.

Although Jonathan was probably the worst president Nigeria has ever had, he will go down in history as a hero for accepting the people's will and leaving office graciously.

That's why we're INDIVIDUALS!
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by frankyychiji(f): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Dude come on!!! Buhari's foot soldiers again?? You're coming off as someone that's incapable of having an honest discussion. To prove me wrong however, tell me the Northern state(s) that returned 100% registered voters. I'll throw that out to everyone for anyone that can help this guy answer. Most of the states had about 40% return, what states had the highest percentage returns?? This is what I'm saying about self inflicted amnesia, these are easily verifiable facts you're trying to twist. It wasn't me that mentioned card readers but ok educate me, who paid for it because all along I thought that it was FG funding INEC.
You have selected some and ditched the other issues i raised. No wahala! The PDP led Fed govt initiated and paid for the card readers. The fed government also had the power to set it aside in the face of growing malfunctioning and inadaptability of the machinery. After the elections were postponed, me and you woke up to the sad fact that even INEC was not ready for the election as they only began massive training and test run of the machines? Wasn't that enough for the ruling government to further postpone the elections? Did they?
Jega was positioned to rig the election in favour of Buhari card reader or not!
The north wanted power back desperately, and the south west helped them to get it back with a promise for a post of VP, which sadly they themselves have reduced to that of a MERE COMMISSIONER. grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Chigorkizz(m): 10:28am On Jun 18, 2015
what does the Daura President knows?

The only president that turns AU badge upside .

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:38am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Guy are you kidding?? Are you even being serious? What are you giving up? Buhari said he was worried.. Asari threatened.. how is that comparing? I said what I was said about Asari to show how anyone including the sitting president could have come to the conclusion that the election could be violent.

John Kerry came here during the election period, what do you think he came for? Suya?? Kofi Anan came to sign a peace agreement, why did that happen? A couple of head of states came right before the election, why did that happen? You saw people like Abdulsalami Abubakar shuttling about on election day, why was that happening? The atmosphere was tense and you denying that makes me know you're not being truthful.

Then you say propensity of PMB soldiers, can you please give evidence. I listed mine Asari, his wife, Jimi Agbaje, Orubebe, Doyin Okupe, Doyin Okupe's aide. We saw these people come out at one time or the other to threaten, warn, brag about Buhari never being president. Then all indications pointed to a Buhari victory, so what are you saying?

Stop standing the truth on its head...
1)Buhari issued the first threat before anybody else as early as 2011...

2)Prof Ango Abdullahi followed up with his own threat...

3)Dr Junaid Mohammed took the baton from him...

4)Northern Elders forum came in...

5)Arewa consultative forum joined...

6)One Emir did too at Confab...

7)And their youths followed up by stoning Jonathan at campaigns...

coolAsari and other militants threats came after these actions...which they later withdrew their statements publicly too...

Speak truth to your conscience man...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by mrmetoo1: 10:44am On Jun 18, 2015
frankyychiji:
You have selected some and ditched the other issues i raised. No wahala! The PDP led Fed govt initiated and paid for the card readers. The fed government also had the power to set it aside in the face of growing malfunctioning and inadaptability of the machinery. After the elections were postponed, me and you woke up to the sad fact that even INEC was not ready for the election as they only began massive training and test run of the machines? Wasn't that enough for the ruling government to further postpone the elections? Did they?
Jega was positioned to rig the election in favour of Buhari card reader or not!
The north wanted power back desperately, and the south west helped them to get it back with a promise for a post of VP, which sadly they themselves have reduced to that of a MERE COMMISSIONER. grin grin

I really do not understand some of the points you were trying to make. All you've done is just express your opinion and the way you have chosen to see things. The fact is, if the election had held 20 times and all of them were free and fair, Buhari would have won all 20 times. The numbers never added up for GEJ, we already saw signs of this before the elections. Polls after polls saw GEJ being defeated. Even people that were trying to be neutral inevitably arrived at a Buhari victory when doing their projections. I'm not saying there wasn't a concerted effort by the North and maybe the SW to take power from GEJ but as someone that belongs to that group, my reasons were not based on what tribe held what position. I was for the emergence of a Buhari presidency because frankly I didn't think GEJ was doing a good job and that reason more than any reason you choose to come up with is the why GEJ lost.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by mrmetoo1: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Stop standing the truth on its head...
1)Buhari issued the first threat before anybody else as early as 2011...

2)Prof Ango Abdullahi followed up with his own threat...

3)Dr Junaid Mohammed took the baton from him...

4)Northern Elders forum came in...

5)Arewa consultative forum joined...

6)One Emir did too at Confab...

7)And their youths followed up by stoning Jonathan at campaigns...

coolAsari and other militants threats came after these actions...which they later withdrew their statements publicly too...

Speak truth to your conscience man...

What does the timeline of threats have to do with election period being tense? The point I was trying to make was the election period was tense and yes part of the people that contributed to it especially this past election period was Asari. I never said he was the only one that contributed to it, the fact is it was a tense period. That's all!!
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:48am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

At least you have admitted Asari made threats, we're getting somewhere.

We could go back and forth all day about who started what, my point is the election period was tense. I spoke to GEJ supporters that said "Buhari will never be my president' tell me you didn't see that on Nairaland. Now if someone goes ahead to make that statement, what goes through your head? Some said they'll rather see Nigeria go to war, some said they'll rather handover to the military, they were many here also on Nairaland. I'm not saying Buhari supporters were not also guilty of adding to the tension but there were enough utterances and actions to go around from both sides to make anyone come to the conclusion that period could have been violent.

GEJ supporters keep clamoring for a peace prize, why is this the case if there wasn't tension? People keep calling GEJ a man of peace even Buhari still gives him props because if GEJ had rejected or cancelled the result, violence would have broken out from both sides. Buhari's aggrieved supporters and GEJ's supporters trying to defend their principal and interests. Orubebe did his part as a bait, we're glad Jega didn't take that bait. If violence had broken out after the elections, it would have clearly been along tribal lines, this is the reason Buhari said he was worried. Somalia with their mono-religion waged war for years among each other, what do you think would have happened in Nigeria that's made up of multi-ethnic, multi-religion sets of people.

Though there was tension first and foremost ignited by APC threats through folks like amechi who encouraged mutiny in the army and opted for parallel government etc...PDP and Jonathan supporters decided then to reciprocate the favour as none has monopoly of violence...

Even the intrigues of jega did not help matter...

Threats from Gov Shettima to dethrone emirs supporting PDP or Jonathan was there too...

Check dates of events and see who are on the offensive and defensive in this issuance of threats plzzzz...
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by frankyychiji(f): 10:51am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I really do not understand some of the points you were trying to make. All you've done is just express your opinion and the way you have chosen to see things. The fact is, if the election had held 20 times and all of them were free and fair, Buhari would have won all 20 times. The numbers never added up for GEJ, we already saw signs of this before the elections. Polls after polls saw GEJ being defeated. Even people that were trying to be neutral inevitably arrived at a Buhari victory when doing their projections. I'm not saying there wasn't a concerted effort by the North and maybe the SW to take power from GEJ but as someone that belongs to that group, my reasons were not based on what tribe held what position. I was for the emergence of a Buhari presidency because frankly I didn't think GEJ was doing a good job and that reason more than any reason you choose to come up with is the why GEJ lost.
well now pretty...the ball is now in your court. Already they are recanting on most of their promises.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Yujin(m): 10:53am On Jun 18, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:

I didn't bother reading ur epistle to Nairalanders to the end. because I know what you are attempting at saying. The real myopic person here is you. You just picked that sentence and omitted the part which he extolled and praised GEJ for averting what could have been.

Take this scenerio for an instance. If GEJ had lost as it was obvious that he was going to lose and he GEJ decided to sit tight and even cancel d results for gross irregularities, what would have happened?

The likes of Asari-Dokubo was silenced by that singular act of GEJ.

Mind you no one has exclusive rights to violence and pple are by nature defensive when pushed to the wall.

You know already that there are pockets of self styled "freedom fighters" like the massob,mend and those in d north etc. These groups will inturn become factions in the Somalia like predictions.

PMB knows what he was talking about and please, look for constructive ways to criticise ur president afterall if GEJ who is younger could not deliver let an old man try plz. Let him try give him time let us see.
I have a couple of questions for you Mr. Asiwaju. Was there massive electoral irregularity in the north during the last election? The peace we enjoy today was occasioned by Gej's concession. If it was Buhari that lost will we be enjoying same today? Did Jonathan make any of such apprehensive statements? What about Buhari?
There's a big connection between the ethics of the electoral candidate and his supporters. Even I was ready for a fight if Jonathan had played his card well but had to withdraw because he couldn't hold his forte. That he conceded was a very good thing because generally he wasn't ready for the bigger job. I only pity the Yorubas who have a jaundiced view of the whole thing. The likes of Femi Aribisala have always spoken to his people but they refused to listen. Time will tell as the only saving grace for Nigeria is restructuring or outright division.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by mrmetoo1: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Though there was tension first and foremost ignited by APC threats through folks like amechi who encouraged mutiny in the army and opted for parallel government etc...PDP and Jonathan supporters decided then to reciprocate the favour as none has monopoly of violence...

Even the intrigues of jega did not help matter...

Threats from Gov Shettima to dethrone emirs supporting PDP or Jonathan was there too...

Check dates of events and see who are on the offensive and defensive in this issuance of threats plzzzz...

Again I'm not arguing about who or where the first shot was fired from, the truth is I really don't have that information. All I've said from the beginning was the period was tense as opposed to what OP was trying to say like it was Buhari's statement that made him realize there could have been violence.

You've come back that Amechi added to the tension and I'm not going to deny that. In the posts following my first one, I've said it came from both sides. The OP was trying to insinuate it was one sided is the reason I mentioned guys from the other side that also contributed.
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:59am On Jun 18, 2015
themilanway:
When I say GEJ/PDP sympathizers are nothing but hypocrites some thinks that I'm harsh.

So Buhari was planning to turn Nigeria to Somalia yet he and his party demanded and insisted the card reader and voters card be used,against the wish of Jonathan and his goons who suddenly were against the use of the card readers?

So Buhari was planning to turn Nigeria to Somalia,suddenly the idea of Jega must go materialized with a month to the elections?

He was planning to turn Nigeria to Somalia Orubebe almost held Jega and Nigeria to hostage even before the results were announced?

I guess Orubebe is from the North and an APC card carrying memeber?

What didnt you GEJ sympatizers throw at Buhari?

What conspiracy theories didn't you cook up about him?

Yet you have the audacity to call his supporters hypocrites,dude you are the century's hypocrite.

GEJ was smart enough to realize he was heading to prison,hence,he made that single most important call of his life.

Though I have noted this moniker for childish statements but let me indulge you a little...

1)Jonathan was against PVC and he released funds to jega for same?...PDP stood against use of card reader for the singular reason of malfunctioning which we saw was justified later on...

2)Imagine if the table was turned around in the incident of card reader rejecting Jonathan and it was buhari...what would have been the outcome?

3)Don't you think Jonathan if he was as desperate as buhari would have called off the election once the card reader rejected him repeatedly...

4) Buhari started the call for jega sack as far back as 2011...when jega favoured his stronghold in PVC distribution at the expense of Jonathan strongholds; he kept mute...Don't you think Jonathan would have stopped the whole process if he was desperate?

5)Orubebe had a genuine case though I may disagree with mode and manner of presentation...Selective justice has been part of the corruption in Nigeria...

6)The judiciary aren't on strike....if buhari thinks anybody lied against him...let him sue for defamation in court of competent jurisdiction...

3 Likes

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by mrmetoo1: 11:03am On Jun 18, 2015
frankyychiji:
well now pretty...the ball is now in your court. Already they are recanting on most of their promises.

I'll tell you something Mr Franky, Buhari is not my father nor uncle neither is Osinbajo, not Tinubu, not Fashola, not Amaechi nor Oyegun. What point am I trying to make, I don't have any emotional attachments to these guys. If they start failing, look to me to criticize them. The difference between you and I might be I might be willing to give them time and give them the benefit of a doubt from time to time but where they obviously fail, I'll be one of the critics because I'm expecting them to perform.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:04am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

What does the timeline of threats have to do with election period being tense? The point I was trying to make was the election period was tense and yes part of the people that contributed to it especially this past election period was Asari. I never said he was the only one that contributed to it, the fact is it was a tense period. That's all!!

You're being mischievous by shifting attention to Asari statements which were REACTIONS to threats from others especially up north and APC stalwarts...He didn't come out to issue any threat before the ones up north...

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by mrmetoo1: 11:07am On Jun 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

You're being mischievous by shifting attention to Asari statements which were REACTIONS to threats from others especially up north and APC stalwarts...He didn't come out to issue any threat before the ones up north...

No I wasn't, if you're not just trying to oppose what I'm saying you'll realize we're saying the same thing just naming different players that contributed. In my first response to the OP, I said "Well I guess Asari was in Buhari's camp ..." Why did I write that? I did because OP was trying to make it seem it was only from Buhari trouble would have come from. What I did was to list people on the other side that contributed to the tension. Damn! You guys have made me type this thing a 100x

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by frankyychiji(f): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I'll tell you something Mr Franky, Buhari is not my father nor uncle neither is Osinbajo, not Tinubu, not Fashola, not Amaechi nor Oyegun. What point am I trying to make, I don't have any emotional attachments to these guys. If they start failing, look to me to criticize them. The difference between you and I might be I might be willing to give them time and give them the benefit of a doubt from time to time but where they obviously fail, I'll be one of the critics because I'm expecting them to perform.
Ok.
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by attacker231: 11:13am On Jun 18, 2015
Yujin:
I'm happy more of our people are getting a better understanding of Nigeria now albeit its not too late. This Buhari's victory is seen as a form of conquest already. The west who helped Buhari are just seen as tools unfortunately they themselves will deny and even attack one who tells them this. But like I'll say we are watching.
What was planned if Jonathan had won was a brutal attack on any southerner whether Igbo,Yoruba or the minorities in the northern part of Nigeria. The far deep into the north you reside the worst your fate. Those in the middle belt states closer to the south will be much safer. This would have brought us to a point where division would be discussed strongly. The far north when agitated are not scared of division. I can tell you with every degree of certainty. They already have an option which I'll not reveal here. One thing I like about the hausa/fulanis is that they don't mince words esp when it has to do with violence.
While Jonathan conceding helped to stop their plans but its just for a short time. It will SURELY come back at another time. Those people don't know what power sharing means. Winner takes all is their position because they feel they've got all it takes to win all the time. Anyone who study this last presidential election will know that JEGA planned Buhari to win even without the Yorubas vote. The formula he used was to the deny Jonathan's stronghold their voting rights while keeping that of Buhari intact. Where the Yorubas skills were needed was in check mating the protest from Jonathan's stronghold through the media. Buhari though disciplined is as vile as he could be. I only pity the Yorubas. I don't mean to insult them but I'm stating this from my analysis. I could be wrong though but my instinct most times is veracious.

The way you people come online to lump a tribe together just to insult and denigrate them makes me wonder. You are castigating people for voting for there choice, whats your problem? Fayose must be an Ibo man that GEJ won in his state. Mimiko, Obanikoro, Okupe and even the loudmouthed FFK must be Igbo men or Hausa. GEJ scored more than 30% in all SW states yet you saying crap and screaming Yoruba everywhere. Keep your blackmail tactics to your region and leave the Yorubas alone. The last time i checked, APC is not equals to Yoruba and Tinubu is not equals to Yoruba, people voted for there choice same way many Ibos/SS voted for Buhari as seen in Edo state, Imo and few states. Enough Pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by frankyychiji(f): 11:20am On Jun 18, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:

The Greatest president(incumbent) was removed by a an illiterate dullard according to you pple. Who is now the wiser?
The dauradullard of course. Its a shame Jonathan didn't give war to somebody who wanted war.
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by themilanway(m): 11:21am On Jun 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Though I have noted this moniker for childish statements but let me indulge you a little...

1)Jonathan was against PVC and he released funds to jega for same?...PDP stood against use of card reader for the singular reason of malfunctioning which we saw was justified later on...

2)Imagine if the table was turned around in the incident of card reader rejecting Jonathan and it was buhari...what would have been the outcome?

3)Don't you think Jonathan if he was as desperate as buhari would have called off the election once the card reader rejected him repeatedly...

4) Buhari started the call for jega sack as far back as 2011...when jega favoured his stronghold in PVC distribution at the expense of Jonathan strongholds; he kept mute...Don't you think Jonathan would have stopped the whole process if he was desperate?

5)Orubebe had a genuine case though I may disagree with mode and manner of presentation...Selective justice has been part of the corruption in Nigeria...

6)The judiciary aren't on strike....if buhari thinks anybody lied against him...let him sue for defamation in court of competent jurisdiction...

I stopped reading at"Orubebe had a genuine case".

I won't indulge you by replying those lame points you raised.

Stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:27am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Again I'm not arguing about who or where the first shot was fired from, the truth is I really don't have that information. All I've said from the beginning was the period was tense as opposed to what OP was trying to say like it was Buhari's statement that made him realize there could have been violence.

You've come back that Amechi added to the tension and I'm not going to deny that. In the posts following my first one, I've said it came from both sides. The OP was trying to insinuate it was one sided is the reason I mentioned guys from the other side that also contributed.

Fine, take it from me that such was initiated by buhari and fans...PDP and Jonathan only returned the favour...

Finally, we all know buhari antecedents in terms of election... 2003,2007,2011, and 2015 would not have been different as well...They would have enjoyed the sight of innocent bloods if not for Jonathan stance...thanks

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by attacker231: 11:33am On Jun 18, 2015
[s]
Yujin:

I have a couple of questions for you Mr. Asiwaju. Was there massive electoral irregularity in the north during the last election? The peace we enjoy today was occasioned by Gej's concession. If it was Buhari that lost will we be enjoying same today? Did Jonathan make any of such apprehensive statements? What about Buhari?
There's a big connection between the ethics of the electoral candidate and his supporters. Even I was ready for a fight if Jonathan had played his card well but had to withdraw because he couldn't hold his forte. That he conceded was a very good thing because generally he wasn't ready for the bigger job. I only pity the Yorubas who have a jaundiced view of the whole thing. The likes of Femi Aribisala have always spoken to his people but they refused to listen. Time will tell as the only saving grace for Nigeria is restructuring or outright division.
[/s]

I think you need more of the pity.

1 Like

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by mrmetoo1: 11:34am On Jun 18, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Fine, take it from me that such was initiated by buhari and fans...PDP and Jonathan only returned the favour...

Finally, we all know buhari antecedents in terms of election... 2003,2007,2011, and 2015 would not have been different as well...They would have enjoyed the sight of innocent bloods if not for Jonathan stance...thanks

Even though you just speculated, I'll agree with you and say I'm forever grateful to Jonathan for conceding defeat and preventing massive loss of life
Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:35am On Jun 18, 2015
mrmetoo1:

No I wasn't, if you're not just trying to oppose what I'm saying you'll realize we're saying the same thing just naming different players that contributed. In my first response to the OP, I said "Well I guess Asari was in Buhari's camp ..." Why did I write that? I did because OP was trying to make it seem it was only from Buhari trouble would have come from. What I did was to list people on the other side that contributed to the tension. Damn! You guys have made me type this thing a 100x

Bro, the point you fail to understand is that there's difference between the leader and the led...

Buhari came out as a violent and intolerant man...so also his fans...

Jonathan came out as the opposite...so asari and co would have NOT done anything since there hero isn't in support... Just like they did after he made the call...

Note reactions to results...Up north, they stayed awake and blocked streets even with curfew in place....

Down South... they voted and went home...

So who was disposed for violence among the duo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:39am On Jun 18, 2015
themilanway:

I stopped reading at"Orubebe had a genuine case".
I won't indulge you by replying those lame points you raised.
Stay safe.

cheesycheesy you already finished all...
Any constructive counter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Mourinho Has Been Sacked / I Am The Next Ekiti Governor —fayose / Phone Numbers Of Nigeria Ministers Published

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.