Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT (4158 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery Begins Production Again – NNPC / Kaduna Refinery Begins Daily Supply Of 3.2 Million Litres Of Petrol / Frustration, Anger In APC Over Buhari’s Ministerial List - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT by otokx(m): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
The refineries should be sold either outrightly or put on the stock exchange via public offer.
Re: Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT by Flets: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2015
Imokay:

You are lost case, so only Nigerian refineries were designed with the oldest process technology in the world meanwhile a 1963 refinery in Italy is one of the most efficient in Europe today.

I say you are really a comedian, so after all the information you claim to have, you can still compare a car with yearly model change to refinery equipment that basically remains the same for decades with possible material update in spare parts during TAM.

I am currently working on TAM project for a petrochemical plant built in 1980 and the OEMs have their molds in possession of successor companies. All replacement spares we need can be delivered in 6 months and shutdown is planned for 70 - 90 days. New equipment to be replaced will be delivered in 9 - 12 months.
All the pressure vessels will simply be rehabilitated after RBI and integrity test.

Let them continue to deceive you while you wallow in ignorance, open your clogged mind and learn

That's the reason I allow illiterates like yourself shoot yourself in the foot..... I allow you do that.

A while ago, you said two years was too long a time for TAM ranging from contracting to commissioning.

Read your post again, you said delivery could take 9 to 12months and you have 90days planned for the actual work. Now this is 15 months already

Now that excludes contracting, engineering and all logistics in between which could be another 1yr considering the Nigerian environment.

Using your own pessimists data, can you now see its 2yrs or more?

When next you quote 45 days TAM, kindly tell your uninformed audience that it excludes every form of contracting, engineering, procurement, shipping and every logistics in between.

Half education is worse than stark illiteracy...... And you my friend are stuck in between.

If you are truly on a TAM as you said, then you have some learning to do.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT by jcross19: 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
PassingShot:

As usual, NNPC and the thieving lots will go to any length to prove something was wrong.

I didn't mean NOTHING was wrong but that not to the extent that no refineries could refine any crude.

I have punctured your argument already.
can you see your language ? In court, you are doomed
Re: Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT by Imokay: 4:05am On Jun 19, 2015
Flets:

That's the reason I allow illiterates like yourself shoot yourself in the foot..... I allow you do that.

A while ago, you said two years was too long a time for TAM ranging from contracting to commissioning.

Read your post again, you said delivery could take 9 to 12months and you have 90days planned for the actual work. Now this is 15 months already

Now that excludes contracting, engineering and all logistics in between which could be another 1yr considering the Nigerian environment.

Using your own pessimists data, can you now see its 2yrs or more?

When next you quote 45 days TAM, kindly tell your uninformed audience that it excludes every form of contracting, engineering, procurement, shipping and every logistics in between.

Half education is worse than stark illiteracy...... And you my friend are stuck in between.

If you are truly on a TAM as you said, then you have some learning to do.

I already told you are lost case, half education is more dangerous than stark illiteracy. In your urge to defend the people scamming you you forget that TAM refers to maintenance and you don't wait for your plant to breakdown before start the planning. In fact the planning start immediately one TAM is finished.

TAM is not what you do every year, maybe once in 4 - 5 years, can you tell us how many time TAM has been done on the refineries in the last 6 years?

Engineering and contracting time is not a major timeline for a plant you don't intend to upgrade, expand or debottleneck. With a good SPIR in place you simply check your spares level in store and order enough to restock to normal level. Most plants i know usually have enough spares in store to carry out a successful TAM without any extensive wait for spares. You can even use the Capital spars for TAM while replacement parts are yet to arrive.

NNPC never mentioned it intends to expand the capacity of the plant so why award them such huge timeline?
If there was no fire damage or theft or major damage all necessary spares will be delivered in 6 months and the standard period for TAM remains 20 - 60 days.

During the last subsidy debate in 2011, the last Minister of petroleum mentioned that the plant is operating at 30% capacity and work is on-going to increase utilization. Yet in 2015 you come here to justify a never ending TAM, i still maintain you should be in comedy.
Re: Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT by LeStylo: 4:56am On Jun 19, 2015
handie:
Take it or leave it, all these will go down as PMB's achievements. From the news, u can deduce that the Refinery wasn't really having any major problem but they prefer to play politics with d issue. Would they have gotten trillions from subsidy had they fixed the refineries? ain't it telling that after just 3 weeks of GEJ leaving, we are talking about two refineries resuming operation? Things are getting better and by God's grace, before Baba's hundred days in office, the security situation will be vastly improved and there will be a vast improvement in the power situation(at least 8 hours a day). Naija, we'll get there
Re: Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 19, 2015
Flets:

So your baba fixed the refineries in two weeks even without signing a single contract?

Baba must be a magician while you are.......a DD
D refinery no spoil, na just service e need but the oil cabals deceived Jonathan
Re: Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT by doncaster(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
Its gone past two weeks since this thread, is the refinery churning out petrol already?
Re: Warri Refinery Begins Production In Two Weeks-daily INDEPENDENT by atlwireles: 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
doncaster:
Its gone past two weeks since this thread, is the refinery churning out petrol already?

grin grin grin grin grin They are stored in tank farms in Daura

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

$2b Arms Deal : I Don’t Want To Join Issues With Buhari -jonathan / Some Of Obansanjo's Achievement As President / Dino Melaye Shares Ongoing Road Project See Peoples' Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.