Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (62312 Views)

"I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by tpiadotcom: 1:15am On Jun 19, 2015
hedonistic:

Hehehehehe. Nairaland is truly incredible.

what exactly is so funny about his/her post?
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by tpiadotcom: 1:20am On Jun 19, 2015
@ topic

consider your personal safety before accepting an invitation to visit someone privately at their home or anywhere.

for the men, consider what you are getting yourself into before asking someone to visit you privately anywhere.

if both parties involved, however, are mammy wata ogbontira types who can hold their own no matter what comes their way, then feel free to ignore this post.

as per the poster, its boko haram who drags women to their abode or hideout by force. Learn to say no if thats not your lifestyle. If it is, then must we hear about it and why?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by roob: 1:35am On Jun 19, 2015
@ op: sorry eh... You girls(nigerians girls) have abused that treatment a long time ago. Have u forgotten how u would want 2 eat 3square meal & still order for take-away ? White girls don't do that... once again sorry o...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by linearity: 1:42am On Jun 19, 2015
A case can also be made for..... "Nigerian Ladies & 'Take me to a fancy Resturant ' Syndrome?"

Guys are learning fast hence, they are changing strategy, don't blame them, blame your friend Nkechi, they did not see Nkechi again after spending heavily on her at the last fancy Resturant. Nkechi moved on with her 'take me to a fancy Resturant Syndrome' in a bid to catch another mogu, leaving this guy no option than to perfect his strategy that, the road to the Resturant for the next date must pass through his house, at least if the you moved on like Nkechi, both of you will have some memories to cherish.

Alternatively, drop the 'take me to a fancy resturant syndrome' you guys can go to the park for a walk or the garden to talk and get to know each other, i.e. If what you really want is a romantic date or to be wooed. After all, the last time I checked, Romeo & Juliet were still a model of romantic ecstasies and they didn't visit any fancy resturant, they met mostly in the wood, which is the equivalent of the park or garden in 9ja.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by tunnamaniah(m): 1:45am On Jun 19, 2015
This op sincerely got on ma nerves with this post, its not d fault of the men, the ladies are the ones to blame...

sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by tunnamaniah(m): 1:46am On Jun 19, 2015
The op sincerely got on ma nerves with this post, its not d fault of the men, the ladies are the ones to blame...

sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by oshaosha2014(m): 2:15am On Jun 19, 2015
Poster, really, what are you on about. I wonder what you are going to write if reverse is the case-- westerners inviting the lady they just met home as a way to show respect for the lady. Conversely, Nigerian guys taking her out because they don't see any reason for much effort for a relationship.

You and i know perfectly what you would write.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Tiganadis(m): 2:15am On Jun 19, 2015
The way op portrays the story as if nothing good can come out of "come to my houz"is a big shame.afterall my fiance visited my house first.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Originalsly: 2:35am On Jun 19, 2015
The community of ladies need to look into the mirror to see who needs to readjust their thinking. Men do know how to woo a lady. If he thinks she is wife material then the wooing skills that you expect would be applied. If he is lusting after her.... then he doesn't have time to waste and that's when come to my house is applied....code for let's go have fun....by choice...and unfortunately for some ...by force. Did the community of women ever try to find out from it's members...why on earth with all the rapes....and murders...and lack of prosecutions....do they still go to be shut in with someone they know very little about? As long as women accept the invitation to visit....men would continue to invite...the man has nothing to lose...unlike the woman. Men will be men.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Olaone1: 2:46am On Jun 19, 2015
swagloverss:

What would it take for you to take the natural order of the way things should be in cultivating a relationship with her?
[size=23pt]Would a time out at a restaurant be too much to ask?[/size] It doesn’t even have to be a classy restaurant – just a neutral place where you both can talk that’s not your house.

SOURCE

Typical naija babe. Restaurant. Food...food..food. Me...me..me. SMH undecided

You are only romantic when they set you up on a dark, lonely road to bankruptcy. Naija girls - no fuc.king class. Well, let me say some of them undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by oshaosha2014(m): 2:52am On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:
From what I can deduce from the comments, most Nigerian men are douche bags, and of course a lot of them are broke ass negroes and are hiding under the excuse that Nigerian girls are too greedy to take out on proper dates. Lame much.

Look at this broke, grown ass beautiful gal talking. So you can see your broke ass counterpart from reading these comments. In fact, you are a broken broke-tard ass niggress.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Atk1nson(m): 3:15am On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:
Did you read the post at all or do you simply lack understanding skills? Where was anything about virginity mentioned in the post? And how many girls have you come into contact with to make you come to such an absurd conclusion? Please do not derail this post.
his understanding is fine and he's on point. though I guess the percentage given is way too steep.
many at times guys make dose requests with d impression dat d lady has been dere n done dat, so cut d chase and dey r many at times right (I am not holding brief for any randy or irresponsible guy, I am just saying : standards have fallen)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Sunshinelady(f): 4:13am On Jun 19, 2015
swagloverss:
It was intended to be a simple PM on my BBM but the number of furious replies I got indicated that I had to expand my reach. The said PM was – “Naija men with come to my house, come to my house.” Is there seriously no young man who can advise his fellow men on dating etiquettes? Help us plssssss”

I sincerely felt that I was alone in this predicament till I started getting pings from people who were even more angry about it than I was. And then I realized that this is a general epidemic.

Now, I had different responses from people and I will attempt to put those responses into consideration and not be too streamlined with my views.

Most of the males who responded to my PM agreed with the fact that their brothers are not representing the male folks as well as they should in this area but one of the men made a case for our culture being the reason for this predicament.

According to him, Nigerians do not see the home as a private place and can invite just about anyone into their home. He also talked about the mentality that has been deeply ingrained in us – some men just don’t think that going on dates is necessary, or rather, “we can meet up at my house, there’s no need to go through all that white culture ish” (paraphrased)

As much as I understand where he was coming from and I agree with him that the Nigerian mentality has a lot to bear with this situation. I also think that there are two reasons why the “come to my house issue” is so rampant today.

(1) Some men just don’t think that it’s necessary to go through all that stress in wooing a lady anymore.

A friend of mine actually said that chivalry is dead in response to my PM but I am a positive person, so I refuse to believe that there is no single man on this earth who knows how to take a woman on a date and win her heart slowly – no, there must surely be such men left on earth. (yes, I am rooting for the male folks)

Some Nigerian men just believe that all that “taking a woman to a lovely restaurant and stuff” is for “oyibo people“. I mean, you will be surprised at the number of educated men who would invite you to their house at first meeting.

The man who inspired my PM is a lecturer. Another man who contributed to my cry for help studied law as a first degree. He is involved in media and publicity for a while, and is a called pastor… so you can go figure out the thing about education being a way to raise up people with a modern outlook on things.

(2) 80 % of the men who invite ladies to come to their house at first meeting have no good intentions at heart.

Now, I have to be very careful with how I say this, because I understand like my male friend stated above: that for some men, inviting a lady to their house at first meeting just doesn’t mean anything to them.

They weren’t raised with the mentality that the home is a private place. So even if they just met a lady they are interested in, they can hang out at their house as a first date – with no ulterior motive involved on their part. So yes, I agree that those kind of men exist.

We don’t need to go deep down into stories do we? Or maybe we do. Listen carefully and you will hear stories from the lady who has true stories to tell on how she had to fend off SERIOUS sexual advances just because she believed a man who said he had no ulterior motive for inviting her to his house.

Some of our female friends won’t open up to us but some ladies have been raped because of the “come to my house syndrome”. They cower in shame and guilt, berating their selves that they should have known better than to go to his house. And the society doesn’t make it easy on them too.

Most people would say things like – “Why did you go to his house? That’s a sign that you wanted the sexual act to happen” So the victims keep quiet and bottle up the hurt and shame inside.

What about the guy that tells you to just come into his house while he dresses up so you both can go out and then, under the guise of that excuse starts drawing close for a kiss?

So the “come to my house syndrome” is a serious one. Aside from the serious underlying issues of ladies who have had sad stories of sexual assault and rape to tell, it also begs for a total overhauling of the way some Nigerian men view wooing a lady – an overhauling of faulty dating mentalities.

If the woman was to be a street lady, we might pardon you, but no, you see a decent lady with her worth shining through and you just don’t want to put in an effort into treating her like the jewel that she is.

What would it take for you to take the natural order of the way things should be in cultivating a relationship with her?
Would a time out at a restaurant be too much to ask? It doesn’t even have to be a classy restaurant – just a neutral place where you both can talk that’s not your house.

So I plead again, don’t we have young mighty men of valor who can advise their fellow men on dating etiquettes? Men who can organize classes and teach their fellow men these things – if it comes to that.

Or maybe I should be pleading with our churches too. Almost every church organizes programmes for ladies on how to be virtuous women, how to behave themselves while on a date, etc. Can’t such programmes be held for men too? Women aren’t the only ones who need to be groomed, men need to be groomed too.

So gentlemen, I sincerely still believe that there are a lot of you who are getting it right in the area of what I just talked about.
Please teach your fellow men about these things, we will be absolutely grateful to you all.

Signed,
The community of ladies who are tired of the “come to my house syndrome”

SOURCE
. You re so brilliant. I culd hug u now, u just read my mind
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Sunshinelady(f): 4:19am On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:
"They weren’t raised with the mentality that the home is a private place. So even if they just met a lady they are interested in, they can hang out at their house as a first date – with no ulterior motive involved on their part."
Ebelebe! These men know what they are looking for! Any man that tells you to come to his house, especially if he is not a close relative, is simply suggesting activities that goes beyond eating , talking and watching movies and hanging out. And if the girl agrees, in the man's mind, she has agreed to take part in those activities.
How many men will not try to get fresh with a lady when they are alone in his house? Biko, let me hear word. They should just accept the fact, and no decent or sensible young lady will want to visit a man alone. Too risky!
. Lmao @'ebelebe'. Ur contribution is soo on point. Kip it up
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by olumide81(m): 4:21am On Jun 19, 2015
Dirty effect of global warming/climate change , no be our fault...no vex
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by authenticman(m): 4:28am On Jun 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
Nigerian women are becoming sick jokes en masse. What exactly is the point of going on a date with a bunch of women who have decided to feast to their hearts' content at the expense of their male companion? What exactly is a date meant to achieve in the scheme of things? You want to go to an impressive restaurant to 'assess' whether the guy is good enough for your time, at his expense.
No, my brothers would rather cut to the chase and if you're not coming to his place, it's on to the next one. There's really not much sense in wooing today's Nigerian woman. It. Is. All. About. The. Money. We now live in an era of 'no romance without finance'. Why should I woo you when all you're after is the money? You can swerve if you want to eat at Barcelos.

Secondly, whether there's a date or you've been invited to his house at first invite, there's no good intentions. He wants to lay you. Stop acting like a trip to a posh restaurant will suddenly wipe out sexual fantasies about you. Or maybe you're saying it's only ok to have those sexual fantasies after you've been wined and dined?

In conclusion, the 'come to my house dynamic' is mostly a move to economise the expenditure of time and other resources considering the margin of success/lack of.

Don't mind them jare, which dignity is left in a Nigerian lady of nowadays that are only after your doe.

Ask the postet if Dangote invites her to his house will she hesitate??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by mathy2p2: 4:35am On Jun 19, 2015
Hmmm! dis is a serious matter,hanging out is a looting strategy from nigeria girls.I knw each time I invited a girl out she must after eating take some home and after like two or three time meeting the might not pick ur call again calling u a fool simply bcs u try to behave responsible. On the second issue I dnt agree to dat of raping a girl bcs of the risk of contacting sickness, if u accept we play de game if u do not de door is open.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by ezef2k4(m): 4:48am On Jun 19, 2015
Everyone is coming for the guys and their invitation of female folks to their houses. What about the ladies. A lady I met sometimes ago once asked me "when will you invite me to come cook for you in your house?" What about them?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by toocoded: 4:50am On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:
different strokes for different folks....

from my own personal experience, nigerian ladies actually prefer coming to the house than going out to eat somewhere. all those church girls who love doing things behind closed doors would never agree to go out on a date where they can be seen & gossiped about. they would rather chop & clean mouth.

Gbam! Besides, we're also tired of hearing stuffs like "do you stay alone", "can i come and visit you", "are your family (wife and kids) staying with you" while chatting for the first time.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by joywendy(f): 5:01am On Jun 19, 2015
Acidosis:
My advice for the ladies.

I beg you in the name of the powers and forces of the world, if you know you have a BOYFRIEND, A SPOUSE, HUBBY or a BLOKOS you currently rock; kindly desist from running around in the name of dates.

No Nigerian guy is ready to spend money on someone else's babe. Stay with your boyfriend and stop test-running blokoses in the name of dates. If you know you have a boyfriend, breakup if you must test another blokos.

Stop forming single when your heart belongs to someone else. Before you take that ice-cream from a 'stranger' - date, make sure you're ready to pay in kind. No man is ready to spend such time and money in the name of FUN.

We men do not catch any damn fun in sitting ideal in a mall paying bills like idio.ts. Stay with your boyfriend!

Nigerian girls, stay with your boyfriends!!!! If you're bored, get an android phone and play candy crush, or invite your boyfriend over.

For those in distant relationships, stop killing boredom with the resources and time of other men. We have our responsibilities.

Did the op say anything about ladies not staying with their boyfriends, fiancée or husbandWhy the emphasis on such?

FYI a date doesn't necessarily mean that you are going into a relationship. A lady can decide to hangout with her male friend, relative or business associate. Do you know that can also be considered as going on a date?

Maybe you should check the dictionary for the word and know the concept behind it before coming to give advise.

BTW Do you have problems with people in LDR? Because i fail to see how it relates to the topic undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by ibrahym47(m): 5:02am On Jun 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
Nigerian women are becoming sick jokes en masse. What exactly is the point of going on a date with a bunch of women who have decided to feast to their hearts' content at the expense of their male companion? What exactly is a date meant to achieve in the scheme of things? You want to go to an impressive restaurant to 'assess' whether the guy is good enough for your time, at his expense.
No, my brothers would rather cut to the chase and if you're not coming to his place, it's on to the next one. There's really not much sense in wooing today's Nigerian woman. It. Is. All. About. The. Money. We now live in an era of 'no romance without finance'. Why should I woo you when all you're after is the money? You can swerve if you want to eat at Barcelos.

Secondly, whether there's a date or you've been invited to his house at first invite, there's no good intentions. He wants to lay you. Stop acting like a trip to a posh restaurant will suddenly wipe out sexual fantasies about you. Or maybe you're saying it's only ok to have those sexual fantasies after you've been wined and dined?

In conclusion, the 'come to my house dynamic' is mostly a move to economise the expenditure of time and other resources considering the margin of success/lack of.

post of the century

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 19, 2015
U take her on a date 4 more Dan once and u are either friendzoned or MAGAzoned... come to my house forestall dat

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by donholy28(m): 5:16am On Jun 19, 2015
una go flaunt front,flaunt back...we go subscribe den invite una 4 testing of goods...if u no wan make we test our goods den cover up and close shop.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Sunshinelady(f): 5:37am On Jun 19, 2015
coogar:

strolling under the hot sun & chewing roasted corn? hahahaha - he won't be getting laid ever. cheesy
. Lmao..smh...never say never. If a guy has a great personality dat strikes me and takes me strolling while we chew oka n ube, i will still choose him over a bland dude dats taken me to a 5 star resturant. For me i dont joke with 'personality', u dont buy dat from d market (dats not to say the guy has to be broke just cos he's got personality o. Cos by d grace of God i work hard to earn a living, so wat wuld be his excuse as a man?)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Acidosis(m): 5:39am On Jun 19, 2015
joywendy:

Did the op say anything about ladies not staying with their boyfriends, fiancée or husbandWhy the emphasis on such?

FYI a date doesn't necessarily mean that you are going into a relationship. A lady can decide to hangout with her male friend, relative or business associate. Do you know that can also be considered as going on a date?

Maybe you should check the dictionary for the word and know the concept behind it before coming to give advise.

BTW Do you have problems with people in LDR? Because i fail to see how it relates to the topic undecided

Why would a girl want to hang out with another guy? You think guys have such time to waste, just to gist and pay bills?

Those who want to talk business should visit the business section.

If you want guys to stop inviting you to their homes, stop giving them the impression that you're single when you're not.

Personally, as soon as I know you're rocking another guy's blokos, I lose total interest, reason being that I can't eat someone else's pottage. The thought of ''going in there'' when I know a guy has just ''released in their'' disgust the hell out of me.

Sadly, you ladies have mastered the art of pretending and allowing guys toast you, spend on useless dates, and when the guy finally pop up the question; guy gets the shock of his life.

Why the pretence? Wouldn't it be fair if y'all spend your time with your boyfriends?

You ladies are simply greedy. You have a boyfriend, yet you want to go out on dates with some other dudes to check his packages, accent, handsomeness and worth so you can make your judgements (whether he is worth dumping your boyfriend for).

Guys don't invite girls to their homes suddenly, so many conversations must have transpired. Do not give us "green light", and we won't invite you to our homes! It's simple.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by whales88: 5:43am On Jun 19, 2015
@Op I want u to know that, as ladies plan their strategy, na so guys also dey plan their latest skills. Now is a game of chance. WHO IS SMART. U remember that song THIS GURLS AIN'T LOYAL- Chris brown.
Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by emmykk(m): 5:46am On Jun 19, 2015
bukatyne:

You read my mind cheesy

Come to my house 90% of the time is an invitation to sex especially when there is no foundational relationship.

Ladies be wise grin

There is this lady who said we should meet at a public place,the i took her to lessuka in PH.

After some chat and soft drink she said she want to know my place aha! I refuse because she should have told me that before this Lesuka spending.

The truth is that some ladies like such even when you dont demand.

If you want to know how foolish a lady is,remove sex from your mind treat her like your sister,pet her,give her things,take her out....and you wil see that they are sex loving too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by newguy1(m): 5:54am On Jun 19, 2015
cococandy:
If I haven't read multiple situations where a lady was raped and was also blamed for agreeing to go to the guy's house in the first place, I'd believe those who say they have no ulterior motives when they invite you to their house.

Most of them do because somehow they believe agreeing to visit them in the privacy of their homes is an implicit agreement to having intimate relations. Don't be deceived.

Just go if you're into the dude and want to do it with him. Otherwise, na yourself is to blame if you believe his 'professed' innocence. You will be also blamed for believing him. Even those who told you not to stereotype will join in blaming you.
That's how twisted it is.
It's a lose-lose situation.
first impression matters alot.if a guy sees a lady as one that is wayward definitely come to my house won't be far from his mouth but trust me if a lady gives the impression of a misindependent he will think twice before making his next move or reason what he want from her.note how you guyz met determines

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by funlord(m): 5:55am On Jun 19, 2015
grin
If na "governor or senator tell dem say come 2 my house"?, even "hussain bolt" no go fit catch this op becuz of the kind speed wey she go use take off go the caban! Women are clowns abeg, always take their stance with a pinch of salt!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Cutehector(m): 6:02am On Jun 19, 2015
Swagloverss but u will be d first person to remind ur fiance why he hasn't taken u to his house to see his parents...

Dumb ladies everywhr... If the invyt dem na problem, if dem no invyt dem, na still problem. Dem go feel say him dey hide somethin. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 19, 2015
Op they might want you to come to their house doesnt mean he wants to bang! Or has funny intentions if the guy no b rapist its up to d chic if she wants anything to happen
Its how u carry urself .
Also its a cheaper option n safe bet for guys these'days.. He might want to know the type of chic the girl is .. And not want to spend money yet.

My opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome by Cutehector(m): 6:04am On Jun 19, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Op they might want you to come to their house doesnt mean he wants to bang! Or has funny intentions if the guy no b rapist its up to d chic if she wants anything to happen
Its how u carry urself .
Also its a cheaper option n safe bet for guys these'days.. He might want to know the type of chic the girl is .. And not want to spend money yet.

My opinion
now tell me why u won't get a good man in dis life wit all ur wisdom... Nice comment

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. / My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / Newlywed Horrified To Discover Husband Has A Micropenis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.