Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials (38096 Views)

80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Buhari Appoints Ibim Semenitari As NDDC Acting Managing Director / Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by 7lives: 7:51am On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

They did not read. I am baffled at the responses here. This is a case of thuggery and abuse of power. It is illegal and everyone should condemn it.

Most of these guys can't read and understand, most of them are like that woman "patient abi na patience" wonder why they come to shout youth unemployment on nairaland, which employer will employ a dumb skull?.

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by TS2(m): 7:58am On Jun 19, 2015
Starships4u:
Shoro niyen......my friend yansh down for inside gutter..... Did u ever pay for the car for it to belong to you?? Why all these rants?? Abeg make una upgrade una lies.....atleast that's what u get when the opposition is in government.

HAs she said anything that cannot be proven or that you have proven otherwise?

Someone has come out with facts and you are condemning her.

NIGERIANS! We are our own problem!

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Myself2(m): 8:07am On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:
Long & short of the story....You made away with govt property after leaving office, govt sent it's people to recover their property in your custody for the incoming govt official to use, what is the noise for?

Leave APC e rats and e agberos to be writing nonsense here, it doesn't surprise anybody.Ee know hypocrisy, lies and deceit is their way of life.
Kudos to Gov Wike, they should check all the log books and recover all other stolen property of Rivers people that Amaechi and his fellow thieves looted from govt house, he should howeveraallow Amaechi to keep the mattress, pillows, pots and spoon he Stoke from RVSG govt house kitchen

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by mbulela: 8:07am On Jun 19, 2015
FreeGlobe:

so you will support President GEJ assuming he left with 3 presidential jets under the monetization policy of 2012 hypocrite olodoowoh
Your daftness is epic. Presidential jets are not status cars.
Did you actually think that analogy through?
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by ethicalUser(m): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2015
Wike got it all wrong this time around . He shud get to. Business and Quit the witch hunting
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:14am On Jun 19, 2015
FreeGlobe:

so you will support President GEJ assuming he left with 3 presidential jets under the monetization policy of 2012 hypocrite olodoowoh
Oponu, somethings are beyond the capacity of your brain.

God bless the President.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by oribi(m): 8:16am On Jun 19, 2015
we as youths have to get properly informed without sentiment nor party affiliation.It's a known fact that after serving government in a very high capacity and dutifully your allowed to leave with your official car depending on the arm in which you served,that aside our present governor would have used the COURT if he found any wrong doing.When will Nigeria use the rule of law?what is the function of the judiciary?

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:17am On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:

Rubbish response, did the policy say you should cart away govt properties.?
GEJ could as well gone back to Otuoke with at least one presidential jet in the name of monetisation. angry
Na for Otuoke jetty wey the jets wan to dey land? Somethings are beyond your brain capacity.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Vickidanny7: 8:22am On Jun 19, 2015
Wike's house in Abuja there are about 20 lexus Jeep and 8 hilux brand new I hope he doesn't cry foul when Amaechi starts getting back,the Almagiri school he spent billions to build was estimated 18million cost the office he sent thugs to set on fire they have been arrested presently in DSS custody and off the record Wike will leave office in Oct 10 the judge to give that verdict has been alerted and recommended by Fashola Oga don't be too confident your end is close,your end is certain

3 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by TS2(m): 8:31am On Jun 19, 2015
texazzpete:
To be honest, there's something seriously OFF about her response.

Police broke into your house and carted away your 'husband's car' and your official car (that now belongs to you). You pen an open letter and not even once talk about going to court to pursue legal recourse to recovering your cars, or any other recovery measures you'd expect an aggrieved citizen to use!

Nah, that just doesn't ring right with me. Nobody will surrender their personal cars without a fight.

This is not over 1

She's obviously not in the country as she insinuated in the letter 2

Wike is a thug and can do worse if she talks too much 3

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by TheOtherview: 8:35am On Jun 19, 2015
The monetization policy of the government allows public officers to leave government with their official vehicles as this is in lieu of vehicle, allowance, transport and other allowances, which they cannot draw because of the monetization policy of 2002.

I don't think the monetization policy referenced, here, allows civil servants to make arbitrary decisions about their own entitlements.
Never mind what that thug of Governor did at the end of his term as the River state CoS, for me, this ex-commissioner's defence is faulty.

The committee on monetization of fringe benefits in the public service of the federation was set up by Mr. President on November 11, 2002, under the chairmanship of the secretary to the government of the federation, Chief Ekaette. The establishment of the committee became necessary because over the years the cost of governance has continued to escalate, arising mostly from the burden of providing basic amenities to public servants by the government. These amenities include residential accommodation, transport facilities, medical services, and utilities such as electricity, water and telephone.

Some benefits enjoyed by public servants have already been fully or partially monetized. These include leave grant entertainment and allowance; other benefits that are to be monetized under the programme are residential accommodation, provision of vehicles, fuelling/maintenance of vehicles, provision of drivers and medical treatment. Monetization document have displayed a great deal of conviction and optimism, but it will not be surprising if skepticism greets the new policy, in the light of experiences with the past initiatives and programmes. More importantly is the macro economic effects of the policy on the general economy. In other words, does Nigerian monetization policy of beneficial to public workers? Will the policy ensure financial efficiency in governance? The paper is organized into four sections, after introduction; section 2 reviews the goals principles and structure of monetization policy. Section 3 examines the macro economic effects of the policy.

Reference: Kurawa, M. M. (2008). Monetization of Fringe Benefits in Nigerian Public Sector: Which Way? (SSRN Scholarly Paper No. ID 1317912). Rochester, NY: Social Science Research Network. Retrieved from http://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=1317912

2 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by jacobian01(m): 8:38am On Jun 19, 2015
Nigerians don't use to read they will only respond with the subject of the matter .
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by luvinhubby(m): 8:42am On Jun 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Na for Otuoke jetty wey the jets wan to dey land? Somethings are beyond your brain capacity.
Must he park the plane at Otuoke?
Some brains needs formatting, yours inclusive.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by FreeGlobe(f): 8:51am On Jun 19, 2015
mbulela:

Your daftness is epic. Presidential jets are not status cars.
Did you actually think that analogy through?
provide the details of the monitisation policy or stfu dullard offspring
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by TheOtherview: 9:06am On Jun 19, 2015
texazzpete:
To be honest, there's something seriously OFF about her response.

Police broke into your house and carted away your 'husband's car' and your official car (that now belongs to you). You pen an open letter and not even once talk about going to court to pursue legal recourse to recovering your cars, or any other recovery measures you'd expect an aggrieved citizen to use!

Nah, that just doesn't ring right with me. Nobody will surrender their personal cars without a fight.

I concur.

Going by the ex-commissioner's logic, FFK's decision to relocate FGN property to Ghana was also in line with our 'monetization policy' grin

“Femi did not stop there. Nigerians will recall that his Special Assistant was caught at the Airport while ferrying obscene sums of money on his behalf. Unfortunately, a cover up quickly and successfully came in between.Besides, many utility vehicles of the ministry mysteriously surfaced in Ghana where they were converted to domestic use by his family and concubines. Uproar in the Ministry led the EFCC to later recover some of them.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:11am On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:
Must he park the plane at Otuoke? Some brains needs formatting, yours inclusive.
Like I said, there are things your brain capacity cannot carry.
God bless the President.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by luvinhubby(m): 9:13am On Jun 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Like I said, there are things your brain capacity cannot carry.

God bless the President.
And like i emphasized, someone's brain needs formatting.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:16am On Jun 19, 2015
FreeGlobe:

provide the details of the monitisation policy or stfu dullard offspring
Is this one of the reasons Jonathan should be given the Nobel Peace Prize, he refused to go back to Otuoke with the presidential jets even though the monetization empowers him to? saTANoids, you make me laugh.

God bless the President.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by kenex4ever(m): 9:17am On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Mr. Nyesom Wike served as Chief of Staff, and upon departure left with all the vehicles he used as Chief of Staff. This has been the practice since this democratic dispensation when President Olusegun Obassanjo instituted the monetisation policy. Having served as Commissioner for two tenures, I am entitled to my status cars and have proof of allocation. ...Ibim Sementiari.
wait for wike to reply before u jump into conclusion. U just swallowed all she said hook, line and sinker because of sentiment.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Iykopee(m): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2015
Madam go to court.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by VUVUZELA10: 9:38am On Jun 19, 2015
"Breaking into my home, invading my privacy, damaging my property and removing property from my premises is inappropriate and illegal." Ibim Semenitari

Why hiding? Go to court and stop this your showmanship noise. No search warrant is required to recover stolen properties.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by IdeyVex1(m): 9:39am On Jun 19, 2015
ichidodo:
What a flaming thief...
She probably wants to cover her guilt and shame with meaningless semantics and innuendoes...Monetization my black hairy igbotic arse.

There is a reason why people go to school to study the English Language. Please go and study. A law is a law. What Wike would have done right would be to appeal and repeal the law that gave her the car. Wike is a big fool and should settle down to govern instead of this unnecessary Vendetta. He should also not forget that the opposition in at the center and he was once a minister!

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:06am On Jun 19, 2015
kenex4ever:
wait for wike to reply before u jump into conclusion. U just swallowed all she said hook, line and sinker because of sentiment.

What reply, my thugs in uniform knocked politely and drove the car away. Give me a break.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by BobUg28(m): 10:11am On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:
Long & short of the story....You made away with govt property after leaving office, govt sent it's people to recover their property in your custody for the incoming govt official to use, what is the noise for?

Abeg Let her be joor!
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by luvinhubby(m): 10:15am On Jun 19, 2015
BobUg28:

Abeg Let her be joor!
U see me for her house?
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by otokx(m): 10:15am On Jun 19, 2015
She should take the Rivers State government to court and sue for billions of naira, the court will determine and expose the truth about this matter.

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by kenex4ever(m): 10:18am On Jun 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

What reply, my thugs in uniform knocked politely and drove the car away. Give me a break.
what if she was not given the particular by law
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by idu1(m): 10:21am On Jun 19, 2015
notobs:
This people have no modicum of shame, After stealing she still making statement? She should be making statement to the police
what did she steal

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by BobUg28(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:

U see me for her house?
Lol.. but why are you poke-nosing grin grin
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by idu1(m): 10:43am On Jun 19, 2015
barcanista:
Ibim should hide her head in shame
why
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by luvinhubby(m): 10:50am On Jun 19, 2015
BobUg28:
Lol.. but why are you poke-nosing grin grin
Responding to a press release has become poke nosing for ya village, abi?

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Toktee(m): 10:54am On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:
i swear,you are an illitrate,if that is the only thing you are able to get from the story.
and some fools like you are busy clicking like.
what is monitisation?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Jonathan Arriving Lagos Today For A Two-day Visit (Photos) / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? / Police Wrongly Paraded My Father As ESN Member! - Lady Cries Out (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.