Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? (38079 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB In Aba When Jonathan Was In Power (Video) / Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2017
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

why is the demand for Biafra more pronounced now?

Did the agitators forget what they wanted before?

Did they not want it at the time?

What exactly is the reasonable expectation currently?

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Would it not have been easier to ask Jonathan to do that?

Are we willing to go back to 1967 to make it happen?

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by chriskosherbal(m): 8:35pm On Sep 03, 2017
Well all said and done....one thing still hold for me ...I don't want WAR ....war is never a good thing ...NEVER.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by mazimee(m): 8:44pm On Sep 03, 2017
Jonathan ignored them, but Buhari didn't.
He arrested Kanu, that worsen the whole issue.

Some uninformed war singers didn't even know that Kanu started radio Biafra far back in 2009. That was even before Jonathan become the president. He blasted the hell out of Jonathan doing his regime in 2013 /2014 . He called him names, Kanu even visited Nigeria in some occasion while Jonathan was in power.

But you know what Buhari wasn't as intelligent as Jonathan. Buhari thought he was doing Kanu or the Biafra ideology, he had no one to tell him he was promoting the struggle.

A country that has a ruler that lack educational intelligence,even native intelligence will always pay heavily for it.

383 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 8:48pm On Sep 03, 2017
mazimee:
Jonathan ignored them, but Buhari didn't.
He arrested Kanu, that worsen the whole issue.

Maybe ..... And Jonathan shared money through amnesty. Maybe that's also why

Was Kanu even on radio during Jonathan's regime?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by UnclePati: 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2017
We called for Biafra during Jonathan only dat..u didn't hear is loud......

Buhari made u hear us wen he arrested Nnamdi....he increased the volume of the home theatre and the whole world heard us.

Now we are unstoppable

254 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Tolexander: 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
Those sponsoring the agitation for Biafra were busy licking the icing on the national cake in Aso Rock when Jonathan was the president.

191 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Tolexander: 8:53pm On Sep 03, 2017
UnclePati:

Buhari made u hear us wen he arrested Nnamdi....he increased the volume of the home theatre and the whole world heard us.

Now we are unstoppable
which shout be that?

The same shout Nnamdi Kanu was busy shouting for the unity of Nigeria then or what?

134 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Basic123: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
Igbos =PDP,TANs of 2011 elections(TANoids) and GEJ supporters of 2015

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
GEJ lost the election and since they perceive they have lost in the scheme of things, they are now holding on to Biafra for relevance

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Adminisher: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
UnclePati:

Now we are unstoppable

You are unstoppable but Nigeria is indivisible so all I see is bloodshed and misery for your generation. Some of you will waste your entire lives fighting and Nigeria still won't divide .

148 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
@OkunrinMeta
This is were Nigeria is missing it... Oil money could be sought out if only the separation is peaceful...

Why It was low in GEJ... because Buhari and all of you Northerners believe SOLELY in violence..

You all foolishly believe that you can violently end the agitation... even till now...

they are weapon far stronger than violence that is most effective. A weapon that can burn the whole country without a gun shot.

But from Buhari, to Arewa youths to people like you that keep opening Biafran thread per hour ..

people like all that Biafra is given sleepless nights and troubled days (and you can't explain why) are big promoters of biafra ..

the worst is yet to come... the best was to allow biafra go... Biafra should withdraw or suit against Nigeria.. Oil revenue would be share to Nigeria.... that's all... then they would be political peace in Nigeria.

I

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Lightening: 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
One would imagine that in five years that Jonathan was in Power, if these protests and loud requests for secession was brought forward and it was this loud, It might have been easier for the Igbo nation to get what they seem to want.

Of course there is also the question of whether the agitators actually speak the mind of the Igbo Nation. This is because in my corner of the country, the Igbo men I know do not seem to be very much in support of Master Nnamdi. Still, these issues should be addressed by way of logical two way discussion.

So my questions are:

Do you want the Hausa man to go and face his onions and cow while leaving the oil for only the east to enjoy because they are very selfless like Jesus?

Jonathan ignored Kanu, but the cattle rearer confronted him and gave him more publicity, sympathy and followership. Nobody is afraid of your 1967. Good night.

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by mazimee(m): 9:00pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Maybe ..... And Jonathan shared money through amnesty. Maybe that's also why
Was Kanu even radio during Jonathan's regime?

Modify your question and ask again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2017
Lightening:

Jonathan ignored Kanu, but the cattle rearer confronted him and gave him more publicity, sympathy and followership. Nobody is afraid of your 1967. Good night.

You are not afraid of war? I am, so at least someone is.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2017
mazimee:

Modify your question and ask again.

Was Nnamdi Kanu on radio speaking against the unity of Nigeria at the time Jonathan was in power?

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 9:04pm On Sep 03, 2017
Adminisher:

You are unstoppable but Nigeria is indivisible so all I see is bloodshed and misery for your generation. Some of you will waste your entire lives fighting and Nigeria still won't divide .

Why not start the war quick quick... Oct 1st is a perfect day... quit notice day.

You talk what you dont understand.

Common the little attack on IPOB Obiano is already confessing and asking for forgiveness.

Buratai is being investigated for Genocide...

You think you can just pick up arms and declare war against those seek for self determination?

or you can sell war propagandas in this internet age.

You think Nigeria Army would get involved in tribal fights.

Wake up.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by CrtlAltDel: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
becuase TAN=Ipob grin grin grin grin grin

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:
@OkunrinMeta
This is were Nigeria is missing it... Oil money could be sought out if only the separation is peaceful...

Why It was low in GEJ... because Buhari and all of you Northerners believe SOLELY in violence..

You all foolishly believe that you can violently end the agitation... even till now...

they are weapon far stronger than violence that is most effective. A weapon that can burn the whole country without a gun shot.

But from Buhari, to Arewa youths to people like you that keep opening Biafran thread per hour ..

people like all that Biafra is given sleepless nights and troubled days (and you can't explain why) are big promoters of biafra ..

the worst is yet to come... the best was to allow biafra go... Biafra should withdraw or suit against Nigeria.. Oil revenue would be share to Nigeria.... that's all... then they would be political peace in Nigeria.

I

Chest beating for Africa as usual

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Was Nnamdi Kanu on radio speaking against the unity of Nigeria at the time Jonathan was in power?

YES.. 100% YES.

jonathan ignored him. Which is what a wise leader would do not attacking every opposition.
not harassing an entire tribe because of One person... with "his people " mentality.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

Why not start the war quick quick... Oct 1st is a perfect day... quit notice day.

You talk what you dont understand.

Common the little attack on IPOB Obiano is already confessing and asking for forgiveness.

Buratai is being investigated for Genocide...

You think you can just pick up arms and declare war against those seek for self determination?

or you can sell war propagandas in this internet age.

You think Nigeria Army would get involved in tribal fights.

Wake up.

Lieing for Africa too, give us links to where Obiano asked for forgiveness and Buratai being investigated

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by baike: 9:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
because buhari make nnamdi kanu popular!

15 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yabiola26(m): 9:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:
@OkunrinMeta

I

With your long epistle you still have failed to answer the question.. Good night

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
chinoxstock:
Only in the zoo can a call for referendum translate into war!! Tufiakwa! Animals with block heads everywhere!

If the war wants to come let it come. Heaven is better than Nigeria.
Because the only way to get your referendum for now is by war and hope you will be there at the warfront when it starts, don't pray for a war because I know you've never experienced a riot

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by AfonjaConehead: 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
A4onja abobaku

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2017
My people, the purpose of this thread is not to start a fight or fuel ethnic hatred. It is to draw attention to the ineffectiveness of the current approach and the dangers of civil war.

Please let us all find a way to get what we want without violence. Why not join politics?

Even if pro-biafrans cannot get the presidency. If all the governors in your region are in support, it would that show the south-east people voted for governors who want Biafra, meaning they want Biafra too. So it will be easy to move from there. Not street fights and accidental discharges from police and soldiers that will leave only sorrows, pain, and fuel more bitterness.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
chinoxstock:
Only in the zoo can a call for referendum translate into war!! Tufiakwa! Animals with block heads everywhere!

If the war wants to come let it come. Heaven is better than Nigeria.

Probability of war is 0%

Its not feasible in any way whatsoever...

On which ground would Nigeria declare war...
Even my 5 years cousin knows that the government has no excuse to war... and are to broke to wish one.

Self Determination is an International right of every indigenous group..

At worst nigeria government would be charged for attempt genocide because With The international publicity Biafra is getting Nigeria government can't do shit.

Anambra Election would be boycotted
2019 election would be boycotted..
more sit at home.

The are weapon more stronger than tanks.

Nigeria only weapon is violence and War... they have already loss certainly.. ask any sane mind.

book mark this my words

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by chinoxstock: 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Because the only way to get your referendum for now is by war and hope you will be there at the warfront when it starts, don't pray for a war because I know you've never experienced a riot

Have you experienced war? We all shall die somebody. So if the war wants to come let it come.
Only in a zoo does referendum translate into war. In other nations referendum means referendum but in the zoo referendum means war. Fools!

Let the war come. Nobody is scared of the useless war. Cowards!

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

Probability of war is 0%

Its not feasible in any way whatsoever...

On which ground would Nigeria declare war...
Even my 5 years cousin knows that the government has no excuse to war... and are to broke to wish one.

Self Determination is an International right of every indigenous group..

At worst nigeria government would be charged for attempt genocide because With The international publicity Biafra is getting Nigeria government can't do shit.

Anambra Election would be boycotted
2019 election would be boycotted..
more sit at home.

The are weapon more stronger than tanks.

Nigeria only weapon is violence and War... they have already loss certainly.. ask any sane mind.

book mark this my words

A better strategy would be to vote for Nnamdi Kanu and his compatriots as Governors in all the Southeast. That is the wise thing to do unless the people of the southeast are not really in support of the biafran movement.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 9:24pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Lieing for Africa too, give us links to where Obiano asked for forgiveness and Buratai being investigated

Obiano Apology

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/obiano-apologizes-ipob-may-30-2016-killing-members-onitsha/

Biafra vs Buratai, Obiano and 13 others.
200 million dollars suit. (John Doe vs Buratai et al)

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/43288-Biafra-Suit-Intersociety-releases-evidence-against-Buratai-Arase-other-Military-and-Police-top-shots-46

You think 1967 is 2017.

You think the world is still a jungle. wake up.

Let's Nigeria start war

it would be 1 billion dollars suit this time.

And ICC are currently investigating state involvement in Herdsmen and Nigeria Army Human Rights Abuses... this one is not a civil or monetary is straight execution of life imprisonment in Hague.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by EgusiShankly: 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
cos they were favoured during his reign

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Sunnynwa: 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

So my questions are:

Because Jonathan didn't divide the country into 97% and 5% constituencies.

57 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Real Reasons Saraki Couldn’t Proceed With Onnoghen Case At Supreme Court-SR / Police Wrongly Paraded My Father As ESN Member! - Lady Cries Out (Photos) / Gov. Soludo Visits Island Town Of Olumbanasa In Anambra West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.